Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:39:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 286 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMBER] X13 POW/POS| 10k AMBER=0,01% SHARES | BUY, HOLD & GET DIVIDENDS in BTC/$  (Read 407528 times)
turdminer

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 05:00:19 PM

I also want to point out again how spreading rumors and innuendo picked up of message boards from crabby disgruntled miners can be very destructive in this world of altcoins.  The markets are not that big and a run on an exchange is easy to get started.  When this article about Cryptsy appeared I posted several time to people who were pushing the rumors to stop.  Now the damage has been done.  Cryptsy had a run on its currencies and is left unable to deal with the theft of the BTC.  Had this been a real bank or exchange, authorities would be arresting the rumor mongers.  So I caustion again, do not spread rumors or what someone else tells you or claims.  If you have first hand knowledge, then fine, but taking a post from one person without verifying it and repeating it can create problems for everyone and all coins.

crypsty covered up their insolvency for over a year and a half, and most of the complaints were regarding withdrawals. crypsty covered it up and kept silent, so i argue it was quite appropriate for the community here to question cryptsy's solvency and rightly so apparently. the half baked article they use as an excuse might have helped fuel the bank run, but people were finding work arounds and withdrawing for quite some time before that, within that year and a half time frame. the fact is, the damage had already been done and their announcement is quite damning in regards to how they operate. suppressing rumors wouldnt have been a problem if cryptsy came clean when the "hack" first happened. at least the bank run returned many users coins instead of having crypsty hold them hostage, or worse sell them off and run.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slydrule

Activity: 185

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 05:25:20 PM

I also want to point out again how spreading rumors and innuendo picked up of message boards from crabby disgruntled miners can be very destructive in this world of altcoins.  The markets are not that big and a run on an exchange is easy to get started.  When this article about Cryptsy appeared I posted several time to people who were pushing the rumors to stop.  Now the damage has been done.  Cryptsy had a run on its currencies and is left unable to deal with the theft of the BTC.  Had this been a real bank or exchange, authorities would be arresting the rumor mongers.  So I caustion again, do not spread rumors or what someone else tells you or claims.  If you have first hand knowledge, then fine, but taking a post from one person without verifying it and repeating it can create problems for everyone and all coins.

crypsty covered up their insolvency for over a year and a half, and most of the complaints were regarding withdrawals. crypsty covered it up and kept silent, so i argue it was quite appropriate for the community here to question cryptsy's solvency and rightly so apparently. the half baked article they use as an excuse might have helped fuel the bank run, but people were finding work arounds and withdrawing for quite some time before that, within that year and a half time frame. the fact is, the damage had already been done and their announcement is quite damning in regards to how they operate. suppressing rumors wouldnt have been a problem if cryptsy came clean when the "hack" first happened. at least the bank run returned many users coins instead of having crypsty hold them hostage, or worse sell them off and run.

So the bank run returned coins to users, you say.  BUt the run on Cryptsy started because a rumor that Cryptsy was not allowing withdrawals.  Which is it?

And by the way, even in the real banking world, a bank can shut its doors to prevent or halt a run on its assets.  In fact, regulators would force them too to prevent further losses.  And for more real  world information, if Cryptsy had reported the theft to authorities I can tell you with certainty the authorities would have prevented them from releasing information while the investigation was ongoing.  This is standard operating procedures for police.
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 05:36:19 PM

Quite honestly I am no longer surprised by anything I've been around for Mt. Gox, Cryptorush, Mintpal/Moolah and now Cryptsy. I like my Polo and my Bittrex but make no mistake no exchange is immune. That is why I do not hold large numbers of coins on exchanges and I spread them out that way if any one exchange fails it don't get wiped out. Good rule of thumb is to only put what you are immediately going to buy or sell on the exchange and then move it to your own personal wallet yes you pay a bit more in withdrawal fees but I'll gladly pay that price compared to losing everything in one hack/scam/whatever.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
turdminer

Activity: 211

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 06:14:19 PM

So the bank run returned coins to users, you say.  BUt the run on Cryptsy started because a rumor that Cryptsy was not allowing withdrawals.  Which is it?

And by the way, even in the real banking world, a bank can shut its doors to prevent or halt a run on its assets.  In fact, regulators would force them too to prevent further losses.  And for more real  world information, if Cryptsy had reported the theft to authorities I can tell you with certainty the authorities would have prevented them from releasing information while the investigation was ongoing.  This is standard operating procedures for police.

both are true of course. rumors were actual legitimate first hand complaints regarding withdrawals, users were forced to find a way around that during cryptsy's silence/ attempts to cover up their insolvency. the article came out in between if i recall. my only point of contention is that they were doomed a year and a half ago, regardless of the article. if rumors of insolvency were squelched here they might have lasted a few more months, but ultimately would have ended with the same result + more losses for everyone. if some how they froze their cold wallets for alts before people withdrew, then they would've just mismanaged or stole the remaining balances in a fruitless attempt to pay their bills (like the rent on that office they conveniently closed down recently, hmmm) i am glad to have communities, such as here, to act as watch dogs for scams and unscrupulous exchanges, to every rumor their is a grain of truth. and i would rely less on the real world banking industry as a template for appropriate behavior here, for obvious reasons this is not the same by any stretch aside from the word "exchange."

anyway, moving on. one less exchange for amber and other alts. sad

devega

Activity: 701

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:36:05 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2016, 07:07:03 PM by devega

PLEASE TAKE PART IN VOTING!

A company decided to give an opportunity to the shareholders to make a decision of how Q3 2015 dividends should be paid.

This question will become the first joint decision of shareholders. For this purpose it will be put to fair and transparent blockchain voting. In spite of the fact that automatic voting system is not ready yet, we will be able to hold it in manual mode.

All shareholders who had a non-zero Q3 2015 ACTUAL SHARE can take part in this voting. The weight of everyone's vote will correspond to ACTUAL SHARE for Q3 2015.

The actual share for Q3 2015 can be seen here:

Unsold company's shares will not take part in voting process!

The decision made by voting will be implemented by a company within 3 working days from the moment of announcement.

Voting will last 72 hours - from 21:00GMT 15.01.16  to 21:00GMT 18.01.16.
Right before the voting start we will post 2 addresses that will be used for the votes counting.
In order to vote you will need to send 1 AMBER from your registered address to one of these addresses corresponding to your decision.

Addresses, voting's progress and its result will be placed here:

Only the first vote from each registered address will be taken into account.
All the following votes from the same address will not be taken into account.
Also the votes sent from unregistered addresses will not be accepted in a calculation.
If from some registered address there are votes to both given addresses then only the first one will be legit.

This information also will be sent via e-mail to every shareholder.

Please take part in the voting to have your own influence to its result!

OK, I will vote BTC.

I'll also vote for BTC. I think everybody, also the ones, who has already choosen Amber would benefit BTC payments - shareholders will have btc to buy Amber and the price will rocket. The trust of community also should rise after the payment.
In my opinion the voting regarding the past things is changing the previously accepted rules. It was said the Q3 would be paid, then it was also said that the ones that shareholders could choose between Ambercoin and BTC. Now it is said that all shareholders will decide. How many times the manegement will change his mind? And how does it communicate with: "Buy, Hold and Get dividends in BTC/$"?
AmberCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:54:50 PM

Voting has started!

Voting will last 72 hours - from NOW  to 21:00GMT 18.01.16.
2 addresses for voting are available here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oLvTKdIRx9NJGVZ82vdx-xgiVjAtJ7KO-gxviJR1mEk/edit#gid=305277065

In order to vote you need to send 1 AMBER from your registered address to one of these addresses corresponding to your decision.

Also the votes sent from unregistered addresses will not be accepted in a calculation.
If from some registered address there are votes to both given addresses then only the first one will be legit.

johnnysof

Activity: 534

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:55:57 PM

PLEASE TAKE PART IN VOTING!

A company decided to give an opportunity to the shareholders to make a decision of how Q3 2015 dividends should be paid.

This question will become the first joint decision of shareholders. For this purpose it will be put to fair and transparent blockchain voting. In spite of the fact that automatic voting system is not ready yet, we will be able to hold it in manual mode.

All shareholders who had a non-zero Q3 2015 ACTUAL SHARE can take part in this voting. The weight of everyone's vote will correspond to ACTUAL SHARE for Q3 2015.

The actual share for Q3 2015 can be seen here:

Unsold company's shares will not take part in voting process!

The decision made by voting will be implemented by a company within 3 working days from the moment of announcement.

Voting will last 72 hours - from 21:00GMT 15.01.16  to 21:00GMT 18.01.16.
Right before the voting start we will post 2 addresses that will be used for the votes counting.
In order to vote you will need to send 1 AMBER from your registered address to one of these addresses corresponding to your decision.

Addresses, voting's progress and its result will be placed here:

This information also will be sent via e-mail to every shareholder.

Please take part in the voting to have your own influence to its result!

OK, I will vote BTC.

I'll also vote for BTC. I think everybody, also the ones, who has already choosen Amber would benefit BTC payments - shareholders will have btc to buy Amber and the price will rocket. The trust of community also should rise after the payment.
In my opinion the voting regarding the past things is changing the previously accepted rules. It was said the Q3 would be paid, then it was also said that the ones that shareholders could choose between Ambercoin and BTC. Now it is said that all shareholders will decide. How many times the manegement will change his mind? And how does it communicate with: "Buy, Hold and Get dividends in BTC/$"?

Am I the only one thinking that voting is not the appropriate way to go for payment decisions of past dividends?
What about making a vote for having a voting decision on the dividends Wink But seriously, I'm not willing to accept anything else than BTC/$ for Q3 and Q4. I still expect the company sticks to their promises and statements made in the past and hope most of you have a similar opinion.
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:59:47 PM

well considering I don't have a vote for Q3 I'm about as useful as tits on a bull right now but IF I did have a vote I'd say BTC is the way to go. It could provide some much needed liquidity to the Ambercoin Markets considering price is currently lower than what Dev has it pegged at not to mention it's just good business to stick by your promises (that dividends would be paid in BTC)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
PowerHemp
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

Ganja <3

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 09:46:33 PM

i dont care what i get amber or btc... but i choose btc because people need it and it will help get the trust of the dev back..
voted!

dev i have a question.. if btc win.. everyone get paid in btc or only the people who vote for it and the people who vote for amber get amber?
Winglessss

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:14:12 PM

I accidentally sent 1 AMBER from a non registered wallet to the BTC address.  I then corrected the error and sent 1 AMBER from my registered wallet.  I also have been watching them on block explorer.  I couldn't watch the AMBER voting address so I sent .05 AMBER to that address so we can watch the votes come in in real time. 

Sorry DEV if I made this more difficult, not my intention.  I was searching for the AMBER voting address on block explorer and it wouldn't show anything at all so I sent .05 to it.
antho281

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:35:05 PM

I voted Smiley
AmberCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:36:19 PM

i dont care what i get amber or btc... but i choose btc because people need it and it will help get the trust of the dev back..
voted!

dev i have a question.. if btc win.. everyone get paid in btc or only the people who vote for it and the people who vote for amber get amber?

If BTC wins then ALL get BTC.
If AMBER wins then ALL get AMBER.

P.S. The most important thing for Company is to make a transparent voting process.

AmberCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:37:49 PM

I accidentally sent 1 AMBER from a non registered wallet to the BTC address.  I then corrected the error and sent 1 AMBER from my registered wallet.  I also have been watching them on block explorer.  I couldn't watch the AMBER voting address so I sent .05 AMBER to that address so we can watch the votes come in in real time. 

Sorry DEV if I made this more difficult, not my intention.  I was searching for the AMBER voting address on block explorer and it wouldn't show anything at all so I sent .05 to it.

Don't worry.
We have counted only 1 your try out of 3. Wink

AmberCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 11:36:23 PM

Keep on voting.

All votes that will come at night (GMT) will be displayed in Google doc tomorrow at 10-00 GMT.

Jeef Berky

Activity: 164

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:06:39 AM

I must say, things are looking very promising for Ambercoin. It's funny....I have such mixed feelings because part of me wants Amber to be real since I am owed $1700 from Q3, and part of me says "wait, if they pay me then that means I made one of the biggest financial mistakes of my life by selling my shares  Cry"

In any case, it's looking more and more like I made the wrong decision in selling my shares!
devega

Activity: 701

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:15:25 AM

I must say, things are looking very promising for Ambercoin. It's funny....I have such mixed feelings because part of me wants Amber to be real since I am owed $1700 from Q3, and part of me says "wait, if they pay me then that means I made one of the biggest financial mistakes of my life by selling my shares  Cry"

In any case, it's looking more and more like I made the wrong decision in selling my shares!

You can buy it back now Smiley
Jeef Berky

Activity: 164

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:22:39 AM

You can buy it back now Smiley

I took the btc I made from selling Amber and put it into Gemz right before Gemz took a nose dive  Cry

I'm just a horrible trader. I have the unfortunate combination of bad trading skills and horrible luck.
richwang

Activity: 605

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:36:27 AM

I must say, things are looking very promising for Ambercoin. It's funny....I have such mixed feelings because part of me wants Amber to be real since I am owed $1700 from Q3, and part of me says "wait, if they pay me then that means I made one of the biggest financial mistakes of my life by selling my shares  Cry"

Welcome back.

richwang

Activity: 605

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:57:34 AM

Cryptsy is down, it's time for Amber company to create her own exchange.

5ick3uffalo
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:11:46 AM

Cryptsy is down, it's time for Amber company to create her own exchange.

LOL the amber wallet was not wotking for months at cryptsy, so no big loss.

Cryptsy dead after the hack? Not yet. There are options.

Here are the options:

1.   We shut down the website and file bankruptcy, letting users file claims via the bankruptcy process and letting the court make the disbursements.
-   or –
2.   Somebody else comes in to purchase and run Cryptsy while also making good on requested withdrawals.
-   or –
3.   If somehow we are able to re-aquire the stolen funds, then we allow all withdrawal requests to process.

BTC: 1Dw9feZAGSeHvaiQ55T7C92VAAXB2nVKKk
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 286 »
  Print  

Jump to: