Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:40:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin dead?  (Read 110806 times)
BlackBi88

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:35:35 PM

I think it is.

Bitcoin use adoption has stalled. Media interest has dissipated. Prices have only slowly continued to decline for a long time now. Bitcoin securities have always been and still are a complete mess, with a near 100% failure (scam/fraud/incompetence/etc) rate. Mining has been concentrated in the hands of a few giant players, eliminating much of the advantage/security/democracy of thousands of individuals being the money processors. Alternative forms of online payment with US dollars (and other fiat currencies) are now cheaper, faster, and more secure than bitcoin (and of course far more usable to buy/sell real goods/services), eliminating any of its advantages as a payment system. Continued decline of bitcoin and strength in fiat currencies has put the lie to the idea of bitcoin as a store of value; there are far better more reliable hedges against inflation. Meanwhile the real economy is firing on all cylinders, stock markets are at all time highs, corporate earnings are higher than ever, unemployment is low, etc. Even amid the boom, no one cares about bitcoin any more. Bitcoin was a fad that lasted a few years, and is now on its way to being forgotten.

Thoughts? Anyone seriously disagree with this conclusion?

An interesting question from 2015. Tao saw an answer saying that by the end of 2015 Bitcoin would die. But until the present time in 2017, Bitcoin still lives and grows strong every day, every month. What is the reason to say that BTC will die? In my opinion, with the market situation like this, within 20 years Bitcoin and Altcoin will still survive and grow strong.  Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paul Pogba

Activity: 1232
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:57:51 PM

3 years ago maybe people agree that bitcoin is dead soon, but now everyone agrees that the future of the transaction system is bitcoin so everyone agrees that this is the beginning of bitcoin rise.
P3

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:22:45 PM

Cant believe some people still think this. Dude check out coinwarz.com so you can see how healthy it is. If you have also been trading in bittrex and the like you will know that it is very much alive. In fact in singapore checkout bullionstar.com they accept btc for gold which is crazy given how fast the price of btc soared. So no it is not dead.
Bitcoin is presently not stop capable and can't passed on in light of the fact that countless are chipping away at it and making interest in bitcoin. Due to the bitcoin another exchange is produced which is more advantageous for the cutting edge world. Because of its high security it can't be hacked so the odds of the passed on wind up plainly zero it that point.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:36:18 PM

3 years ago maybe people agree that bitcoin is dead soon, but now everyone agrees that the future of the transaction system is bitcoin so everyone agrees that this is the beginning of bitcoin rise.
The description for bitcoin is just depending on the performance of the market, if the market is doing good then it is not a sign that bitcoin is dead. Even bitcoin experienced a lot of downfalls, it is not enough for bitcoin to be called as a dead currency because it is still alive and kicking and i think that in the next few years, it will prove to the doubters that it is unstoppable.
hlarisimus2014

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:01:02 PM

Bitcoin is not dead yet. But he has big problems with payment for transactions. They are huge! This causes many people to stop using bitcoin and start using alternative coins

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
markk94

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:01:24 PM

while this topic is being posted, yes it is maybe the crisis time. but now, look at this coin prices. this coin prices is still skyrocketing  Smiley just a matter of time to regain back its prices if its dropped Smiley
lightcraftone

Activity: 93
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:16:21 PM

Bitcoin is dead? Noway please no. Lots of people is going to be down, because they are living right now because of bitcoin. Bitcoin helps lots of people now a days.
Derrick

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:17:18 AM

This thread started on 2015 maybe at that time Bitcoin a bit stuck then now we can see Bitcoin flying to the moon.
Now bitcoin $10,000/BTC. We still hoping next year will flying again till $20,000/BTC.

I think that bitcoin will survive for a long time as well because a lot of people invest in bitcoin and i think that it will grow a lot more.
the value might reach 20k in the future but i think it will take a long time for that to happen.
We all are hopeful for bitcoin to touch $20k in upcoming future. Like you, every user of bitcoin is making wishes for such success for bitcoin and we hope things will be fine in future. actually bitcoin can’t be dead or make dead, the reason is, it is providing the whole world of users, best percentages of profit for every trade and this will continue until the a century minimum.
if BTC price will hit $20k in 2018 - Bitcoin will stop being a money and currency, and will be a store of value only.
I think i do not agree with you on that because in 2018 there will be a lot of bitcoins to mine i understand what you are saying but i think it will be after every bitcoin is mined and experts say that it will all be mined in 2040.
I agree with you because bitcoin is still growing it has already reached 8.3k and it is a little bit left for 10k at the end of the year i believe it can easily go to 10k by the end of this year so it will not die but keep growing.
Never amazing on the grounds that now bitcoin are obstructing getting extensive number of clients in world and in future it will be taken after by the entire world most likely and as there are supporter of bitcoin in advertise then bitcoin will be live.
lestariptr

Activity: 287

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:47:51 AM

I think for now bitcoin is not dead because the current price of bitcoin is very high maybe bitcoin will die if internet is not there but i believe bitcoin will not die bitcoin will remain popular.
youarehere

Activity: 79

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:25:24 AM

no for me bitcoin is not dead because there's many people support bitcoin and because the high value of bitcoin there are many investor in bitcoin
coinaniki

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:55:57 AM

why did you think it is??
i dont know
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:19:54 AM

You are another murderer of Bitcoin. Well, go ahead. I doubt if you guys will successfully kill Bitcoin. Bitcoin has been dead for a long time. It has been crushed many times in the past. It has been buried, and all. And yet, where is Bitcoin right now? How is it? Well, as you can see, Bitcoin might even get hold of the $15,000 value within the year. If it does not, it will definitely happen in the early part of next year. We can all expect this. 
Bakukang

Activity: 151

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:27:12 AM

No.You can never say that bitcoin will be dead.It has its roller coaster ride but will never definitely be gone.Well as you can see bitcoin is very much alive.

MiF

Activity: 1358
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:36:34 AM

You are another murderer of Bitcoin. Well, go ahead. I doubt if you guys will successfully kill Bitcoin. Bitcoin has been dead for a long time. It has been crushed many times in the past. It has been buried, and all. And yet, where is Bitcoin right now? How is it? Well, as you can see, Bitcoin might even get hold of the $15,000 value within the year. If it does not, it will definitely happen in the early part of next year. We can all expect this. 

Bitcoin is not dead, no one can kill bitcoin unless there is someone who will try to kill this but many people already believe this so I guess nobody can kill this. Bitcoin will be more useful if there is an internet connection. Bitcoin can help us secure our future it can change our lives forever. It will never be dead if many people will believe this and internet is still exist. Bitcoin is forever. It is for the future, so we must be thankful for this and continue to work with this because it can really help us. We must continue to work with bitcoin to gain such a good amount and for this to continue.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:05:35 AM

No.You can never say that bitcoin will be dead.It has its roller coaster ride but will never definitely be gone.Well as you can see bitcoin is very much alive.
Bitcoin is very much alive now, the price is very impressive, it keeps climbing and will soon tempt us to sell and take our profit.
We have reach $12,000 easily after hitting $10,000, so that is not a characteristics of a dead coin.
sparveenat

Activity: 210

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:09:39 AM

Bitcoin is going live till this earth is alive. We can see the performance of bitcoin rate is achieving the milestones which is nightmare for any product and the great thing of bitcoin is the consistency in every level it has correction at that point to stabilize the rate and again it is booming for next level. I strongly believe that is going to rock of ever.

Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:11:16 AM

Bitcoin is not dead, no one can kill bitcoin unless there is someone who will try to kill this but many people already believe this so I guess nobody can kill this. Bitcoin will be more useful if there is an internet connection. Bitcoin can help us secure our future it can change our lives forever. It will never be dead if many people will believe this and internet is still exist. Bitcoin is forever. It is for the future, so we must be thankful for this and continue to work with this because it can really help us. We must continue to work with bitcoin to gain such a good amount and for this to continue.

At this moment, it's really impossible to happen. Why did I say that? Simply because the demand of bitcoin keeps on increasing day by day, which also affects its price. While the demand keeps on increasing, its value is increasing also. Bitcoin's value as of now is really expensive and I can't even afford to buy it as of now.

Now, why would they even bother thinking if bitcoin is dead? Isn't it obvious that it's not? If they were just updated on bitcoin's price in the market, I'm pretty much sure they'll not gonna waste their time asking if it's dead or not.

By the way, in regards to your opinion about the internet, it will be there forever no matter what happen. So you really don't have to worry about it. Also, there's no such thing as forever. Bitcoin may exist for how many years, but I strongly believe that there will be a new well developed digital currency in the future. And as of now, we'll just have to grab the opportunity on what good things bitcoin brings to our lives.
ydrogios

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:37:08 AM

Now bitcoin is alive and will grow in 5-10-15 years..but someday can die..it depends of many factors.. But I'm sure that bitcoin can collapse like a bubble some day
Senja Kemuning

Activity: 553
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:22:55 AM

2 years ago many people feel pessimistic about the future of bitcoin, the price is stagnant and difficult to develop, but now all eyes are on bitcoin, almost every day Bloomberg tv preach about bitcoin so as to make the user increase significantly.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:24:26 AM

I think it is.

Bitcoin use adoption has stalled. Media interest has dissipated. Prices have only slowly continued to decline for a long time now. Bitcoin securities have always been and still are a complete mess, with a near 100% failure (scam/fraud/incompetence/etc) rate. Mining has been concentrated in the hands of a few giant players, eliminating much of the advantage/security/democracy of thousands of individuals being the money processors. Alternative forms of online payment with US dollars (and other fiat currencies) are now cheaper, faster, and more secure than bitcoin (and of course far more usable to buy/sell real goods/services), eliminating any of its advantages as a payment system. Continued decline of bitcoin and strength in fiat currencies has put the lie to the idea of bitcoin as a store of value; there are far better more reliable hedges against inflation. Meanwhile the real economy is firing on all cylinders, stock markets are at all time highs, corporate earnings are higher than ever, unemployment is low, etc. Even amid the boom, no one cares about bitcoin any more. Bitcoin was a fad that lasted a few years, and is now on its way to being forgotten.

Thoughts? Anyone seriously disagree with this conclusion?

Why do you people always thinking that bitcoins are dead? Why are you so bitter about bitcoins? They are not dead and as a matter of fact they have set again another record high in the market with $10k and that is pretty impressing so how can they say that bitcoins are dead if they still continues to pump. That is not a manipulation either that is because of the people who continue to support bitcoins and still buying bitcoins investing in bitcoins and doing transactions in it because that is the thing that cause bitcoins to inflate.
Because that is the way it is, some people invest at the peak price and then there is a correction and think that bitcoin is an HYIP or something when we know this is not the case, this is why every time the price goes down you see thread claiming bitcoin is going to be replaced and all those predictions are always false.
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: