Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:32:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 [433] 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916342 times)
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:19:06 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 10:24:31 PM by freedomno1

I noticed that. How is a mining bond doing under 100 GH/s valued at over BTC5000? Do they have a huge amount of pre-orders or is that a pure bubble?

The crazy price rise was on super thin volume, then it got hyped up because someone was willing to gamble.  It really doesn't make sense to project out a company value when the market is so thin that you could never sell @ market rate.

Obviously in this case company value <> market price * shares outstanding.

I would have bought puts but no one is issuing any options  Wink (Regarding Basic)
Well if they don't break not sure if they would cut 1/10 as well without issue don't recall a precedence before that would be one profitable bug lol
But anyways its a 1:10 split so liquidity will probably help there

If your going to say Sell at least say why lol with details ^^
Examples AMC Announcment Chinese Announcement incoming lol
Counterexample Buy Buy Buy
Friedcat announcement coming soon enough

EDIT IN: For general info do your own math if you are considering competitor evaluations
This does not constitute any financial opinion or advice but just general information

A notification has been posted to AMC-PT.  You have received this email
because you own shares of AMC-PT.

-----
VMC And AMC Are Proud To Announce The "World's Fastest Bitcoin Mining Chip".

SPRINGFIELD, MO, - June 27, 2013 - Active Mining Corporation (AMC) and Virtual Mining

Corporation (VMC) are announcing today the preliminary results from VMC's partner

eASIC (www.easic.com) regarding the performance of the Fast-Hash-ONE Bitcoin mining chip,

built on eASIC's top of the line 28nm technology.

Each chip holds 20 miner cores, with an expected frequency from 800MHz (16GH/s)

to 1GHz (20GH/s). This is possible thanks to eASIC's expertise and AMC's heavily

optimized design, making Fast-Hash-ONE the "World's Fastest Bitcoin Mining Chip".

The chip is expected in limited quantities in Q4 2013 and fully available in Q1 2014

and will be the backbone of AMC's drive to be the "World's Largest Bitcoin Mining

Farm".

See our thread on bitcointalk.org for more information.

-----

Thank you for using BTC-TC

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:25:38 PM

sell sell sell!! cash out cash out!

so i can buy more shares for cheaper with dividendz money

please please keep cashing out! i love this lol Smiley

I seriously wonder how much people really are buying when they come up with this standard answer.
My guess is most will buy 0 and the rest maybe 1 to 3 shares.

he he.. lol.. +1

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:34:00 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 12:42:03 AM by pierrejo

It reminds me of Apple going up to $700 per share and then dropping back to $400. Which made people who sold at the top really happy as they can buy back lower.

AAPL is a bargain under $400 - EPS around 40 is healthy, but the kicker is the MASSIVE pile of cash they are sitting on. 140+ BILLIONS. With a B.
To put it in perspective, Google has around 50 Billions, and that's already considered massive.
The problem in finance (and in politics) is that too many focus on the group consensus, which usually has little to do with the actual details of the company being looked at. "Steve Jobs died!" & "Apple has lost its touch!" have led too many investors that were just going with the flow to jump ship.
Apple could buy all of Tesla right now, and it wouldn't dent its pocket. Let that Sink in - Tesla, even with the tripling of current share prices past few months - is worth (corrected) 12 Billions.

Now that was an extensive tangent and I apologize. But there is no doubt that we are in a similar type of boat right here with ASICMINER: Half of us have probably never invested in stocks before and are "going with the flow." Great learning experience rest assured. If rumors or hearsay keep scaring you away, then go rest in the shade. There is no doubt BFL has started shipping and others will soon too with better tech even, but AM has shown no sign of faltering and has been CRUSHING the network distribution on every scaling up. 20%+ and they appear to have blades waiting to scale further. They bet on maximizing older tech and won, and I'm sure this has something to do with their decision of not going into 28nm chips. Currently you can see that they've stepped out of the sheer mining game, and are moving more into retail by selling equipment. Even better with the headstart they have. Sure, they had to slash price and it appears they were pressured in doing so. But this will be a learning experience for next time - meanwhile I think the USB miners will sell ok, maybe would have been better to reduce the price to .7 even. AM is grossly undervalued. A "Bubble" might appear with unsure investors doubting, but it doesn't really matter to the ones who look at numbers.

The things that worry me:
Tax status in China  - Will the government just blindly let this go on forever? I think not...
AM regulatory status as a company in China - Is AM remotely legal? Classified as a manufacturing plant? What could go wrong there?
scaleability vs. efficiency - friedcat has shown he could deliver. The scaleability is a problem of its own and one different from efficiency.
BTC itself - While we look at AM to keep busy, we forget to see the decline of BTC/USD happening - We need to promote Bitcoin and show the world it is a viable currency for all.
Risk - friedcat could disappear from one day to the next, and there's nothing you could do about it. (NB: Valid for all Exchange/PT holders)

So the discount we see in the share price likely takes some of these into account.

Warren Buffet said it best:
"To refer to a personal taste of mine, I'm going to buy hamburgers the rest of my life. When hamburgers go down in price, we sing the 'Hallelujah Chorus' in the Buffett household. When hamburgers go up in price, we weep. For most people, it's the same with everything in life they will be buying -- except stocks. When stocks go down and you can get more for your money, people don't like them anymore."

*edit*
TLDR - It might drop in value, but like Apple, value of the investment goes beyond surface.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:58:10 PM

This is the current page
For Asic general info
AMC has made their announcement usual's know where to look  Wink

Eric Muyser

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

You can't kill math.

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:31:44 PM

It reminds me of Apple going up to $700 per share and then dropping back to $400. Which made people who sold at the top really happy as they can buy back lower.

AAPL is a bargain under $400 - EPS around 40 is healthy, but the kicker is the MASSIVE pile of cash they are sitting on. 140+ BILLIONS. With a B.
To put it in perspective, Google has around 50 Billions, and that's already considered massive.
The problem in finance (and in politics) is that too many focus on the group consensus, which usually has little to do with the actual details of the company being looked at. "Steve Jobs died!" & "Apple has lost its touch!" have led too many investors that were just going with the flow to jump ship.
Apple could buy all of Tesla right now, and it wouldn't dent its pocket. Let that Sink in - Tesla, even with the tripling of current share prices past few months - is barely worth around 5 Billion.

Now that was an extensive tangent and I apologize. But there is no doubt that we are in a similar type of boat right here with ASICMINER: Half of us have probably never invested in stocks before and are "going with the flow." Great learning experience rest assured. If rumors or hearsay keep scaring you away, then go rest in the shade. There is no doubt BFL has started shipping and others will soon too with better tech even, but AM has shown no sign of faltering and has been CRUSHING the network distribution on every scaling up. 20%+ and they appear to have blades waiting to scale further. They bet on maximizing older tech and won, and I'm sure this has something to do with their decision of not going into 28nm chips. Currently you can see that they've stepped out of the sheer mining game, and are moving more into retail by selling equipment. Even better with the headstart they have. Sure, they had to slash price and it appears they were pressured in doing so. But this will be a learning experience for next time - meanwhile I think the USB miners will sell ok, maybe would have been better to reduce the price to .7 even. AM is grossly undervalued. A "Bubble" might appear with unsure investors doubting, but it doesn't really matter to the ones who look at numbers.

Tax status in China  - Will the government just blindly let this go on forever? I think not...
AM regulatory status as a company in China - Is AM remotely legal? Classified as a manufacturing plant? What could go wrong there?
scaleability vs. efficiency - friedcat has shown he could deliver. The scaleability is a problem of its own and one different from efficiency.
BTC itself - While we look at AM to keep busy, we forget to see the decline of BTC/USD happening - We need to promote Bitcoin and show the world it is a viable currency for all.
Risk - friedcat could disappear from one day to the next, and there's nothing you could do about it. (NB: Valid for all Exchange/PT holders)

So the discount we see in the share price likely takes some of these into account.

"To refer to a personal taste of mine, I'm going to buy hamburgers the rest of my life. When hamburgers go down in price, we sing the 'Hallelujah Chorus' in the Buffett household. When hamburgers go up in price, we weep. For most people, it's the same with everything in life they will be buying -- except stocks. When stocks go down and you can get more for your money, people don't like them anymore."

*edit*
TLDR - It might drop in value, but like Apple, value of the investment goes beyond surface.

This man knows what he's talking about.

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee
tkone

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:37:04 PM

i love how so much speculation on this thread, help keep price lower,
i hope it will last for more months of dividends Smiley

Rival

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:46:46 PM

AM could go to 100btc or .0002 btc, but it only matters on the day you sell. Everything else is just entertainment.
Eric Muyser

Activity: 224

You can't kill math.

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:54:53 PM

AM could go to 100btc or .0002 btc, but it only matters on the day you sell. Everything else is just entertainment.

So very true, and I expect at least another 2 months of entertainment. These other muppet ASIC companies ain't got nothin' on ASICMINER.

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee
bitfair

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:16:52 AM

No baked cat up date today?  Cry
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:09:58 AM

No baked cat up date today?  Cry

Wasn't mandatory that and I think the shareholder FAQ will be the news not sure though

TECHICENINE

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 04:35:52 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 04:51:02 AM by TECHICENINE

Apple could buy all of Tesla right now, and it wouldn't dent its pocket. Let that Sink in - Tesla, even with the tripling of current share prices past few months - is worth (corrected) 12 Billions.

*edit*

who?

http://www.profitspi.com/symbol-search.aspx?s=TLDR

"
No Symbols found for this search, please change or broaden your search text and try again.
Symbol   Description   Stock Exchange
"

kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:46:57 AM

who?

"
No Symbols found for this search, please change or broaden your search text and try again.
"

You are searching in the wrong place.  Try here instead.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
TECHICENINE

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 04:57:10 AM

who?

"
"

You are searching in the wrong place.  Try here instead.

ha!~*~TLDR.PT~*~(coming soon*beta*)for details issues are rolling hot and heavy<<<-radar->>>>...thanks
RippleCoins

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:58:40 AM

Is anyone selling direct shares? I would like to buy some at market price.
TECHICENINE

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 05:01:58 AM

Is anyone selling direct shares? I would like to buy some at market price.

sure how many you looking for ..lol
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:39:49 AM

I don't mind being shot down on this but I'm wondering on the (to my mind) "measly" 3-question limit.

These questions are good in that they could all be answered within a minute each by friedcat or one of his staff. Are we that scared of taking up any of AM's precious time we are limiting ourselves to 3 minutes? Couldn't we stretch to 5 or 10 minutes? Him and his staff must spend several hours a week dealing with share transfers. Having to vote to reduce it down to just 3 questions is a bit much imho.
If you want quality answer, no matter the question, you'd better think carefully on what to answer, exactly.

It's by no means "just 1-minute answer", like many people assume.

Current APR is still >40%
How did you make that figure?

0.02 weekly div --> 1.04285714 annual div
/
3.420989 ASK
= 30.48% APR

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:05:36 AM

I don't mind being shot down on this but I'm wondering on the (to my mind) "measly" 3-question limit.

These questions are good in that they could all be answered within a minute each by friedcat or one of his staff. Are we that scared of taking up any of AM's precious time we are limiting ourselves to 3 minutes? Couldn't we stretch to 5 or 10 minutes? Him and his staff must spend several hours a week dealing with share transfers. Having to vote to reduce it down to just 3 questions is a bit much imho.
If you want quality answer, no matter the question, you'd better think carefully on what to answer, exactly.

/
3.420989 ASK
= 30.48% APR

Oh, come, first  3 questions:

1) What are the plans regarding the Official ASICMINER Exchange? Have they been dropped? - 2.89
2) Does ASICMINER/Bitfountain intend to create and official website and/or blog outside of the bitcointalk forums? - 2.95
3) Do you have plans for a retail website? - 3.2

These are clearly 1 minute to answer each one. Give me a break. Monkeys could answer these in a minute each and we are talked friedcat here Smiley
gard1

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:09:14 AM

I cash out of AM only if I need some fiat now.
Other than that, I am willing to take risk with AM.
And I am aware of price fluctuations.
But only when I see no value for myself in AM - I will sell it for good.
Listening to all chit chat is entertaining though Smiley
Everyone seems to justify, find a reason:)
aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:37:58 AM

/
3.420989 ASK
= 30.48% APR

I don't use just the last div, I used the average of the last several divs.  Just re-doing the calculation now I took the last 6 divs (because that is how long ago I purchased TAT shares, and BTCT keeps nice records i can copy paste).  For that time I got an average div of .027887 total of 1.45016 for the year and ~43%APR.  Using the last div, when we had no sales of mining hardware, to calculate APR gives you a bad estimate IMHO.

Even if you do think the APR is 30%, I still think that 30% earns the shares the price they fetch.  Anything over 25% I am comfortable with considering the level of transparency and risk.   If APR falls below 25% I will probably move more over to coinlenders, and diversify more... unless there is better transparency to calm my nervs.

Some people may want to use ALL divs ever... but IDK... maybe just all Post ip payoff divs would give a better estimate?

discobean

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:40:04 AM

I think the difference between AM and a lot of these other startups is that AM have already learnt to scale.  ie. procedures, monitoring, power, racking, networking, building, developing, shipping etc..

Where everybody else is ordering a million chips of whatever size/speed, dealing with learning, and teething problems, and building hardware, AM are at the next level, ordering 10's or 100's of millions.  IMO.

While everybody else is going for the best smallest, power efficient hardware, AM is going for the good old term 'good enough is almost always good enough'.  And so have an advantage as you seen, actually shipping products.

That's my feeling, and so I will keep buying.  Cheaper the better.
Pages: « 1 ... 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 [433] 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: