Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:19:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 [475] 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916327 times)
Ira H. Fuchs

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 01:01:59 PM

btw, people "dumping" in the last few weeks are in general not "people that need the money", they are scared "investors", thinking the price is falling to the floor and their dream of "getting rich quick" is in ruins.

Personally, and being really harsh, these are chumpsters and the bitcoin economy is better off without them.

good morning, I'm starting to see why they asked me to shut this program down. This is an open sourced project that has been hijacked. Read Satoshis' white paper and it will become perfectly clear. Our research will continue no matter what efforts are taken to censor communication...Ira

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joris

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:02:10 PM

btw, people "dumping" in the last few weeks are in general not "people that need the money", they are scared "investors", thinking the price is falling to the floor and their dream of "getting rich quick" is in ruins.

Personally, and being really harsh, these are chumpsters and the bitcoin economy is better off without them.

How do you know who sells BTC?

The main activity in the BTC-economy atm is developing and mass producing of ASICs. Many millions of fiat are necessary for this activity and any price is ok when one really needs the other side of te trade. As a result market prices moves fast. And then other market participants, including the competing producers are going to run to the exit. If this is the case, then it is the miners' dream of "getting rich quick" which crashes (prices).

;-)
baloo_kiev

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:05:27 PM

They will be back at next price rise to blow another bubble.

PGP: 6EC48BA7
Welcome to my p2pool: BTC
Ira H. Fuchs

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 01:07:50 PM

Total network rate is hitting 200 TH/s for the first time. Time for a friedcat announcement to bolster sentiment  Grin

I think friedcat has only made one real update in this  thread since I started to invest. Seems like years ago but actually only June 24th. Did he used to post more often than this?

It used to be more frequent, as time has gone on, they have become far less common.
As Friedcat become a billionaire, he need more time to managing his business empire ...

good morning, I'm afraid to say they played a joke on you. There is no real computer chip company here to speak of...Ira
bitfair

Activity: 362

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:09:01 PM

So, how much it cost to mine 1 BTC if you are the ASIC chip/equipment manufacturer like AM is?

By my calculations, USD 0.507 in electricity costs per btc mined.

The assumptions:
Power efficiency: 8.3 J/GH (ref: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=204030.0)
Electricity cost: USD 0.06 per kWh (was mentioned by someone earlier in this thread, cannot find official confirmation)
Current hashes to win: 91635939047418116 (ref: http://blockexplorer.com/q/hashestowin)
Current Bitcoin reward per block: 25 (http://blockexplorer.com/q/bcperblock)

So it will remain profitable (i.e. value of mined BTC exceeds electricity costs) until network hash rate is more than 100x today's hash rate at current prices.
Ira H. Fuchs

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 01:25:08 PM

if AM keeps dumping those BTC at that rate, we will see $50 and then probably $25 sooner or later.

Please link me to your source.

I really would like to see this information and I am going to assume for now you did not just pull it out of your ass.

Thank you.

good morning, Are you involved with this shop. I'm concerned people are not getting the full perspective. Who is in charge of sales of these open source devices...Ira
circuitry

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:30:24 PM

Of course, now is the time to sell if you want to get money out now.

It could be argued that the best time to sell is the day of the dividend, right?

(Unless you're factoring a sharp crash of BTCUSD before that and more scared AM "investors" trying to cash out.)
velacreations

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:35:22 PM

actually a significant amount of the AM sell off was an obvious price manipulation.

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:54:14 PM

if AM keeps dumping those BTC at that rate, we will see $50 and then probably $25 sooner or later.

I really would like to see this information and I am going to assume for now you did not just pull it out of your ass.

Thank you.

You are correct, my wording was a bit off, so let me rephrase that:
.. if people with ASIC miners keep dumping those BTC at that rate, we will see $50 and then probably $25 sooner or later.

You really think they hold on to the coin they mine? Why? It's money for nothing. Fiat in the bank Smiley while BTC has lost close to 30% in a week.

So, how much it cost to mine 1 BTC if you are the ASIC chip/equipment manufacturer like AM is?

The assumptions:
Power efficiency: 8.3 J/GH (ref: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=204030.0)
Electricity cost: USD 0.06 per kWh (was mentioned by someone earlier in this thread, cannot find official confirmation)
Current hashes to win: 91635939047418116 (ref: http://blockexplorer.com/q/hashestowin)

So it will remain profitable (i.e. value of mined BTC exceeds electricity costs) until network hash rate is more than 100x today's hash rate at current prices.

fuck...

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
velacreations

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:55:53 PM

You really think they hold on to the coin they mine? Why? It's money for nothing. Fiat in the bank Smiley while BTC has lost close to 30% in a week.

No,t he vast majority of it they give to us, the shareholders.

bitfair

Activity: 362

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:56:56 PM

No,t he vast majority of it they give to us, the shareholders.

Correction: the vast majority goes to the majority shareholders: Bitfountain.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 02:10:43 PM

Thank you.

You are correct, my wording was a bit off, so let me rephrase that:
.. if people with ASIC miners keep dumping those BTC at that rate, we will see $50 and then probably $25 sooner or later.

The assumptions:

fuck...

Let's assume they are intelligent, and they know the bitcoin market better than others. When would they sell? When the price was $150 or when the price was $60?

Money for nothing? Don't be ridiculous. They are mining something of value. They want to maximise their returns, not sell out near the bottom of the market.

Put simply: they are professionals, not panicky amateurs of which there are so many in the bitcoin market.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 02:32:12 PM

Let's assume they are intelligent, and they know the bitcoin market better than others. When would they sell? When the price was $150 or when the price was $60?

Money for nothing? Don't be ridiculous. They are mining something of value. They want to maximise their returns, not sell out near the bottom of the market.

Put simply: they are professionals, not panicky amateurs of which there are so many in the bitcoin market.

Who? AM team? They are probably really good programmers and engineers but that is where it ends.

I have no wish to be right that AM is dumping BTC or that those few lucky, who got the ASIC hardware, are doing it.
I actually hope we can do +40% run and end up back at 100 area. When fear and greed are only forces, that set BTC price (there are no fundamental reasons) anything can happen.

Now, lets get back to AM. I hope that friedcat can finally find a accountant competent enough to produce some financial reports, so we can find out, how AM is actually doing.
For fuck sake guys, this is beyond pathetic. A multimillion Co can not find a accountant? In China!? Honestly, this is absurd and those guys better be embarrassed.

PS! Cheers and keep up the good work...

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 02:40:51 PM

Now, lets get back to AM. I hope that friedcat can finally find a accountant competent enough to produce some financial reports, so we can find out, how AM is actually doing.
For fuck sake guys, this is beyond pathetic. A multimillion Co can not find a accountant? In China!? Honestly, this is absurd and those guys better be embarrassed.
While I would be happy too if they produced financial reports, honestly you repeating every other day is getting quite tiresome.
Also, I don't know why you pretend to believe that they "weren't able" to find an accountant, while it is quite obvious that it's a deliberate choice.
Don't hold your breath, remember Huawei.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:47:15 PM

While I would be happy too if they produced financial reports, honestly you repeating every other day is getting quite tiresome.
Also, I don't know why you pretend to believe that they "weren't able" to find an accountant, while it is quite obvious that it's a deliberate choice.

Good to know it makes you feel uncomfortable. Only guy who can help you is friedcat and his accountant. You can just pretend or pretend to believe what ever you want but the fact is - none of us have seen any reports from AM.

I understand why none of you really care for proper reporting. First, most of you can not read the reports and for second, living in a world of fantasy is way more fun.
For f**k sake, there is even a special naval gazing, spit balling and circle jerking thread for this: ASICMINER Speculation Thread. LOL Smiley

Friedcat, as a shareholder I am not happy about you hiding the numbers from the shareholders.
Frankly, I do not give a flying fuck what you guys are used to or not over there in China. I like to see the numbers every month... as simple as that.Friedcat, if this is something you can not manage, please let me know.
Cheers!

Exocyst

Activity: 266

Science!

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:59:32 PM

I do not give a flying fuck what you guys are used to or not over there in China.
Cheers!

A strange mix of decorum and a complete lack thereof.

neilol

Activity: 302

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:04:54 PM

Friedcat Fan t-shirt campaign almost over, only a few hours left, we need to get to 30 or we don't get the shirts!

http://teespring.com/50friedcat

JimiQ84

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:13:33 PM

Good to know it makes you feel uncomfortable. Only guy who can help you is friedcat and his accountant. You can just pretend or pretend to believe what ever you want but the fact is - none of us have seen any reports from AM.

I understand why none of you really care for proper reporting. First, most of you can not read the reports and for second, living in a world of fantasy is way more fun.
For f**k sake, there is even a special naval gazing, spit balling and circle jerking thread for this: ASICMINER Speculation Thread. LOL Smiley

Friedcat, as a shareholder I am not happy about you hiding the numbers from the shareholders.
Frankly, I do not give a flying fuck what you guys are used to or not over there in China. I like to see the numbers every month... as simple as that.Friedcat, if this is something you can not manage, please let me know.
Cheers!

If you doesn't like lack of reports than just sell your shares and GTFO, thanks :-)
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:21:14 PM

I understand why none of you really care for proper reporting. [...]

[...]

Again, I do care, but complaining won't help, and I really can't stand this useless complaints going on and on.

It is a fact that they could produce reports but chose not to.
Take this fact into consideration when you decide how much those shares are valuable to you.
It's as simple as that.
Stop whining.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:25:17 PM

Cheers!

If you doesn't like lack of reports than just sell your shares and GTFO, thanks :-)

+1 Sold your shares and go away . No body really care a report or not,if they can produce one report it is great, if they can't so what is the problem? Remember lot of real wolrd scandals indicate accounting report can become full of  no sense and false ,andif someone is liar,than he can managing a lieying report.
Pages: « 1 ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 [475] 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: