Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:05:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916311 times)
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:20:14 AM

After reading through this topic, I wonder if it is not possible for ASICMiner to sell subsidized ASIC mining devices that are firmware locked to mine 25% for ASICMiner and 75% for the buyer.

This way hardware can be cheaper and ASICminer will not be tied to a centralized location. Better for the Bitcoin network, better for ASICMiner, and better for the miners (assuming the devices can be sold at at a 25%+ discount). Possible?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:32:45 AM

After reading through this topic, I wonder if it is not possible for ASICMiner to sell subsidized ASIC mining devices that are firmware locked to mine 25% for ASICMiner and 75% for the buyer.

This way hardware can be cheaper and ASICminer will not be tied to a centralized location. Better for the Bitcoin network, better for ASICMiner, and better for the miners (assuming the devices can be sold at at a 25%+ discount). Possible?

AM shouldn't take business decisions based on what some paranoid (+ often racist) people think about them. Clearly today AM doesn't "own" too much of the network to risk network stability. And clearly competition is increasing.

How would selling equipment that mined 75% for AM help? People would just say AM were finding "trojan" ways to take over the network ....

Forget it.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:40:05 AM

AM shouldn't take business decisions based on what some paranoid (+ often racist) people think about them. Clearly today AM doesn't "own" too much of the network to risk network stability. And clearly competition is increasing.

How would selling equipment that mined 75% for AM help? People would just say AM were finding "trojan" ways to take over the network ....

Forget it.

I'm saying 25% for AM max. Kinda like you can buy a subsidized cellphone that is SIM locked to a specific carrier. The ASICMiner datacenter is a single point of failure for AM.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:50:03 AM

Forget it.

I'm saying 25% for AM max. Kinda like you can buy a subsidized cellphone that is SIM locked to a specific carrier. The ASICMiner datacenter is a single point of failure for AM.

Apologies, I've just woke up, I read your post wrong way round.

What your are talking about is a change of business model for AM. Only AM can know whether it would produce more profits for AM.

I see no other reason to do it. How would it improve bitcoins or the bitcoin network? If the AM datacenter exploded today, it would be detrimental to AM and us the shareholders. The bitcoin network wouldn't care. That's how it should be.

Also, technically, "firmware locking" could go wrong in all kinds of ways. It could (would) get hacked, AM could disappear (then who would get 25% or would device just stop working?)

Why complicate things? If AM want to sell hardware of any kind to end users they can. The buyer pays and gets 100% of profits.

Up to AM, its a free market. No need for "lock-ins"
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:32:02 AM

OFFICIAL UPDATE

I have some news for everyone after a brief e-mail exchange with Friedcat. He has answered the 3 questions I submitted from our recent poll below:

-- There was news about a presentation by Rockxie about ASICMINER. Can you confirm this was an official presentation and summarize the news that was shared about upcoming plans for the mining farm and the Mini Blade?
Friedcat: They are true, though some projected dates from our side were more-or-less overly determined in his presentation.

-- When can we expect the first financial report?
Friedcat: We are asking board members if July 23 is acceptable.

-- Could Bitfountain provide an official live hashrate meter from ASICMINER for your mining farm, or could you periodically confirm the current hashrate?
Friedcat: Yes. Our internal management system is towards its completing. Directing the data to a public webpage is easy.

In other news, Friedcat has also officially confirmed my new status as a board member!

I am truly honored and proud to have achieved this, and I look forward to playing any role I can to further ASICMINER's success.

Activity: 525

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:33:35 AM

1. Congrats TAT!

2. Dirty tricks? Is AMC deliberately renaming to AM in order to capitalise on AMs reputation, cause confusion etc.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:05:54 AM

OFFICIAL UPDATE

I have some news for everyone after a brief e-mail exchange with Friedcat. He has answered the 3 questions I submitted from our recent poll below:

-- There was news about a presentation by Rockxie about ASICMINER. Can you confirm this was an official presentation and summarize the news that was shared about upcoming plans for the mining farm and the Mini Blade?
Friedcat: They are true, though some projected dates from our side were more-or-less overly determined in his presentation.

-- Could Bitfountain provide an official live hashrate meter from ASICMINER for your mining farm, or could you periodically confirm the current hashrate?
Friedcat: Yes. Our internal management system is towards its completing. Directing the data to a public webpage is easy.

In other news, Friedcat has also officially confirmed my new status as a board member!

I am truly honored and proud to have achieved this, and I look forward to playing any role I can to further ASICMINER's success.

Woot actual news!
And yay the source I posted was legit props to self was sweating a few bullets for a while waiting on a real confirmation ^^

Congrats TAT on your board member status we got there eventually now make the havelock shares its own board member in total shares XD halfway there
Gotta keep going Tongue

Also I'm glad to hear that a financial report will soon be available that will silence that issue ^_^

That leaves one question regarding the Board Seat now I want answered sometime not today though but when you have more info  Grin

Additional Dividends or Benefits from Board Member Status

Once the passthrough reaches 5,000 whole ASICMINER shares (500,000 split shares) it may receive a board member seat. If board member status is confirmed, and Friedcat follows through with the plan to give each board member a trial ASICMINER mining board, any income generated will be shares as follows:

85% of the mining income from any hardware given to this board seat will be paid out to the shareholders of ASICM on the same weekly dividend schedule ASICMINER currently uses. At the discretion of the TAT.ASICMINER issuer, these extra dividends may be distributed sooner.

NOTE: This passthrough exists on multiple exchanges (currently BTCT.co and Bitfunder.com as well), but acts as a single combined asset. Thus, the combined shares represented on all exchanges will count towards eligibility of an ASICMINER board seat, and associated benefits.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:09:37 AM

That leaves one question regarding the Board Seat now I want answered sometime not today though but when you have more info  Grin

You forgot to ask a question Wink

Also, I should clarify that TAT.AM / ASICM have not achieved a full board seat yet (they are at about 70% currently). This is not really relevant at the moment, since no tangible board member benefits actually exist yet.

That said, if such tangible benefits do come about before TAT.AM / ASICM reach a full board seat, it is extremely likely that I will share them as best I can anyway Wink
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:14:12 AM

You forgot to ask a question Wink

Also, I should clarify that TAT.AM / ASICM have not achieved a full board seat yet (they are at about 70% currently). This is not really relevant at the moment, since no tangible board member benefits actually exist yet.

That said, if such tangible benefits do come about before TAT.AM / ASICM reach a full board seat, it is extremely likely that I will share them as best I can anyway Wink

I left the proposition of a question without asking a question  Wink
But thanks for the answer   Grin
And Congrats again

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
carnitastaco

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:34:05 AM

congrats TAT!
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:48:37 AM

Thank you for providing the feedback, TAT, it is most welcome. And well done on the board seat.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
keeron

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:12:12 AM

Congratulations TAT!

Can't wait for d-day (and new blades announcement/price day)
zhangxiongfei

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:19:27 AM

Thanks for your information,guys. Friedcat wouldn't let us down。
empoweoqwj

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:28:53 AM

What sort of character is that final full stop, the full stop with the hole in the middle?
mithrandi

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 07:06:41 AM

What sort of character is that final full stop, the full stop with the hole in the middle?

U+3002 IDEOGRAPHIC FULL STOP

AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:39:17 AM

OFFICIAL UPDATE

two things

1) congratulations on your board seat, maybe now you can consider giving people the option of moving shares out of TAT (maybe for a fee?)

2) I would much rather friedcat post updates in the forum himself, otherwise this precisely becomes insider information (particularly in the hands of someone with that many shares - and you just mentioned your private shares aside from the passthrough you're offering right?)
Gary Gigax

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:46:38 AM

OFFICIAL UPDATE

Rockxie official presentation where? he told us he was simply a reseller !  (= LOL
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:30:45 AM

finally Smiley 
Lets hope they follow some basic accounting rules and those reports are actually legible.

Cheers!

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:34:04 AM

While on first sight this appears like a clever idea, it actually can't work.

If the goal is to be resilient if something happens to ASICminer, then the 25% would be lost anyway: nothing changed.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:15:19 PM

Rockxie official presentation where? he told us he was simply a reseller !  (= LOL

anyone knows where is the presentation and what's it's content?

ASICMINER remains the best investment in the bitcoin community that I know of, keep rocking friedcat!
Pages: « 1 ... 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: