Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:14:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 [1191] 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916314 times)
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:52:25 AM

And the next Wednesday w/o a dividend has passed. Not to mention any info... :/

Yep that silence is deafening
Hmm if I made a bet in for news by December or a dividend would there be any takers
Or would it need to be a longer duration tempted to see what peoples news timeline estimates are and dividend timeline estimates.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:11:10 AM

I won't even bother. If you think that making a chip that is on par with something 9 months old is an accomplishment then it's useless to continue this discussion.

It is actually quite the achievement when that chip has been the reigning champ for 9 months.

Selling the best priced hardware (by a large margin) 7 months after it first tested is a testament to how well AM's chip is designed.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 02:44:58 AM

I won't even bother. If you think that making a chip that is on par with something 9 months old is an accomplishment then it's useless to continue this discussion.

It is actually quite the achievement when that chip has been the reigning champ for 9 months.

Selling the best priced hardware (by a large margin) 7 months after it first tested is a testament to how well AM's chip is designed.

They sell because they are low price...not because they are great chips. AM sells for the cheapest so people buy. I assume there margins are not great at the prices they sell for. Didn't FriedCat say AM was negative cash wise?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:49:09 AM

Actually still having chips in stock sitting on shelves isn't something I would brag about after AM claimed to sell tons of PH in 3-4 months.

If sales are so great then where are the dividends. I assume that the whole chips production costs should be covered by now and also gen4 funding. So what's happening with all that extra money?

jimmothy

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:01:24 AM

They sell because they are low price...not because they are great chips.

Isn't a low price + good efficiency the definition of a good chip?

AM sells for the cheapest so people buy. I assume there margins are not great at the prices they sell for.

I'm sure you would have said the same thing about the AM tube which was ~10% more expensive per chip compared to the Prisma.

People (mostly Roadstress) assumed AM was selling chips at a loss until FC clarified the profit margins will remain high.

Didn't FriedCat say AM was negative cash wise?

No he said the opposite. At the time of the last financial update AM had completely paid for 60PH worth of chips and since then they've sold a bunch of chips/hardware as well as began self mining.
drasted

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:37:48 AM

New review on the Prisma:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/review-asicminer-returns-prisma-1-4-ths-bitcoin-miner/

Concerned about this from the article.
"The BE200 has not been updated officially yet to have failover pools, and the stratum bug is still there from the Tube and the T1 that also shipped with this controller."
I thought friedcat said that these stratum issues were resolved about a month ago. There seems to be a few questions from the hardware threads that are going unanswered and friedcat hasn't even logged in to bitcointalk for over two weeks.

It's frustrating looking through his post history and seeing how many times he mentions improving PR and yet it just seems to be getting worse.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:51:40 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 06:18:36 AM by jjdub7

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/review-asicminer-returns-prisma-1-4-ths-bitcoin-miner/

"The BE200 has not been updated officially yet to have failover pools, and the stratum bug is still there from the Tube and the T1 that also shipped with this controller."
I thought friedcat said that these stratum issues were resolved about a month ago. There seems to be a few questions from the hardware threads that are going unanswered and friedcat hasn't even logged in to bitcointalk for over two weeks.

It's frustrating looking through his post history and seeing how many times he mentions improving PR and yet it just seems to be getting worse.

Do you realize what lengths the AM team is probably having to go through right now to exchange currencies and keep operations running?  The fiat accounts are all in Hong Kong IIRC, and things over in that geopolitical sphere aren't exactly going smoothly right now...

And also, I've posted these damn addresses so many times now that I can't understand how the stock still trades at levels below below AM's on-hand cash per share:

https://blockchain.info/address/3KBUuGko4H5ke7EVsq9B7PLK1c5Askdd7y
https://blockchain.info/address/3MkwFfGNQDve7vz1z6gUDVxkuQpcSV3Mz8

The books show at least 44,846 BTC (~0.1121 BTC/share) in cash from these two accounts alone.  And before anyone goes off about how these addresses are actually from an exchange, I'd implore that you run a count (frequency) on the addresses of transactions to/from the 3Mkw address specifically over the past 3 months since mining and sales began again.

In addition to the cash value, there's also stocked inventory, what probably amounts to an unholy sum of fiat in RMB and USD, 3 proprietary chip designs (4 if we'd ever count gen2 for any reason), and (though admittedly dwindling) a surplus of goodwill generated primarily from pulling IPO investors past ROI.  I also wouldn't be surprised if gen4 manufacturing was already contracted out and a fiat deposit submitted.
btcbot

Activity: 151
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:08:52 AM

I do like this part, though:
The Prisma is a definite winner. FriedCat has more tricks up his sleeve as well with new chips on the way and a new partnership we will report on here in the future.

Don't tip me... tip the Riseup folks who protect activists around the world.
Bonam

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:42:01 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 06:53:30 AM by Bonam

And also, I've posted these damn addresses so many times now that I can't understand how the stock still trades at levels below below AM's on-hand cash per share:

There is no communication from AM. There are lots of addresses out there that have money. That doesn't mean they are gonna send that money to you. There is no reason to believe friedcat has any intention of ever paying any dividend again. This is the BTC world, and you can take your money and run and get away with it. And even if he did this, there would still be tons of fanboys in this very thread defending him based on the fact that he "already paid shareholders back their IPO price many times over" or some such nonsense. AM could have all the hash rate in the world but if they have no intention of honoring the shares and paying out dividends, then the shares are worth nothing.

All that even ignores the fact that the addresses you link to aren't even actually known to belong to AM; it is purely speculation. And for your other points:

In addition to the cash value, there's also stocked inventory, what probably amounts to an unholy sum of fiat in RMB and USD, 3 proprietary chip designs (4 if we'd ever count gen2 for any reason), and (though admittedly dwindling) a surplus of goodwill generated primarily from pulling IPO investors past ROI.  I also wouldn't be surprised if gen4 manufacturing was already contracted out and a fiat deposit submitted.

- How much "stocked inventory"? What is it worth? Is anyone buying it? No one knows. No communication.
- How much fiat? Any? Maybe none? Maybe just giant outstanding liabilities and nothing to pay them with? No one knows. No communication.
- 3 proprietary chip designs? One is no longer at all relevant. One is barely good enough to sell barely at cost. And one is nothing but a rumor based on a single post, like false promises about "PR". Is gen 4 real? No one knows. No communication.
- Good will? The only people with good will left towards AM are a few fanboys. Why is the good will dwindling? No communication.

Frankly, AM has shown little but contempt for the shareholders with their complete lack of communication. The shares have lost 98% of their value from their peak and the remaining 2% is propped up by nothing but empty faith and denial by a couple fanboys.

If you have to ask why the shares are worth nothing, realize that this company has:

- no communication
- no dividends
- no credibility
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:28:55 AM

There is no communication from AM. There are lots of addresses out there that have money. That doesn't mean they are gonna send that money to you. There is no reason to believe friedcat has any intention of ever paying any dividend again. This is the BTC world, and you can take your money and run and get away with it. And even if he did this, there would still be tons of fanboys in this very thread defending him based on the fact that he "already paid shareholders back their IPO price many times over" or some such nonsense. AM could have all the hash rate in the world but if they have no intention of honoring the shares and paying out dividends, then the shares are worth nothing.

All that even ignores the fact that the addresses you link to aren't even actually known to belong to AM; it is purely speculation. And for your other points:

- How much "stocked inventory"? What is it worth? Is anyone buying it? No one knows. No communication.
- How much fiat? Any? Maybe none? Maybe just giant outstanding liabilities and nothing to pay them with? No one knows. No communication.
- 3 proprietary chip designs? One is no longer at all relevant. One is barely good enough to sell barely at cost. And one is nothing but a rumor based on a single post, like false promises about "PR". Is gen 4 real? No one knows. No communication.
- Good will? The only people with good will left towards AM are a few fanboys. Why is the good will dwindling? No communication.

Frankly, AM has shown little but contempt for the shareholders with their complete lack of communication. The shares have lost 98% of their value from their peak and the remaining 2% is propped up by nothing but empty faith and denial by a couple fanboys.

If you have to ask why the shares are worth nothing, realize that this company has:

- no communication
- no dividends
- no credibility

To be frank, I'm still lost on the fact that they run the whole operation with like 5 people.
jimmothy

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:38:23 AM

- no communication
- no dividends
- no credibility

The only thing remotely true about your post is the fact that AM is completely lacking communication. (which I agree is unacceptable but it doesn't make them scammers )

There's nobody here who would defend FC/AM if they decided to start scamming.

They have a very competitive chip (possibly the best) and 60PH completely paid for. That's at least ~$10m in assets.

Overall I'd rate the FUD 4/10.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:42:02 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 08:56:54 AM by hdbuck

- no communication
- no dividends
- no credibility

To be frank, I'm still lost on the fact that they run the whole operation with like 5 people.

lol you guys done shilling? Grin
what makes you think there is only 5 peps?

No communication is not synonym with failure.
No divs now doesnt imply no divs in the future.
No credibility? you gotta be kidding me Cheesy
parkinawalk

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:31:49 AM

In USD/share terms things seem way underpriced imho.

All has been said in this thread about the current situation. I just wanted to point that we still live in a world where the main value measure is NOT btc/something but USD/something or loaves of bread/thing or ounces of gold or pair of shoes or a basket combination of all these VS thing ...

Of course by going in and out of am shares and in and out of BTC one could have had a very different portfolio outcomes in the recent year, way better or way worse depending on timing and direction of the trading position in btcusd and btc/AM.

I suspect the thin market on havelock makes the share price suffer more than "normal" due to low liquidity.

I strongly hope the voices from the speculation AM thread get heard and friedcat migrates to counterparty or something similar and decentralised. Share price depends on share usefullness = ease of buying/selling/transfering and security of ownership = not realying on middlemen.

In conclusion, once again : notice how the blue line in the chart ( usd/share ) goes to a bottom and then goes to all time high in Feb 2014, although the green line ( btc/share ) has free fallen before that and not recovered ... Measure things with the right tool for the job!

yea, just sharing my .xls file with exact weekly prices from havelock and stamp.. needed to do it properly by myself, no offense JonnyBitc0in Wink

-> http://sharesend.com/grfu6ryf

https://i.imgur.com/wMoXuwI.png

edit: plus, here are my divs calcs :

https://i.imgur.com/3VlyOLL.png

depending if the next due divs correspond only to batch1-april, we should get about 0,023 BTC by the end of this month.
but it can also take into account batch2-may, and we would then have >0,1 BTC for sure! Cheesy
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:04:02 PM

man these are so outdated Grin

here is an up to date graph:

1 AM share is now worth ~$50... I say cheap shares Cheesy
vortex1878

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:06:54 PM

More like 40$ unfortunately... Sad
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:34:14 PM

damn, so apparently, FC (and boardmembers) prolonged absence could partly be explained by the fact that china has indeed restricted access to bitcointalk:

bitcointalk has been totally blocked by china interenet so i cannot login very often

are there anymore chinese people in here Huh
sngwinner

Activity: 432
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:45:41 PM

- no communication
- no dividends
- no credibility

Whether this is FUD or not, it's nice to see someone that doesn't come in here and spout positive shit out of their ass to try to justify FriedCats actions. The situation with AM has gotten extremely bad. Much worse than before. Fried Cat or a board member should address our concerns. Honestly if a board member just dropped in and said I've had contact with FC in the last week and things are progressing I would be happy. But the investors aren't even worth FC spending a second to update.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7947

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:10:27 PM

damn, so apparently, FC (and boardmembers) prolonged absence could partly be explained by the fact that china has indeed restricted access to bitcointalk:

bitcointalk has been totally blocked by china interenet so i cannot login very often

"Are there any people in here from mainland China" would be more appropriate.
whalezy

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:10:39 PM

It would not be a problem to FC, don't forget he is smart enough to design amazing miners.
Cross the wall set by Chinese government is not difficult, I'm in China also.
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:12:57 PM

perhaps this is the reason:
bitcointalk has been totally blocked by china internet so i cannot login very often

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=791827.msg9301903#msg9301903
Pages: « 1 ... 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 [1191] 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: