Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:42:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 [513] 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181158 times)
Flyyyy

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:39:18 PM

I think it's both. I investing to save money. By investing can save money, because it will not be more lost than using it to be played in a gambling game. Investing can make a profit and further away from the risk of wasting money and safer. But if have to choose one, is better to investing in order to earn profits for the future.
I like to do both. I put some money into Bitcoin so if the price of Bitcoin goes up then  I would have much more money that I began with. It's kind of like an investment as well because Bitcoin can fail just like the other investment schemes that are out there right now.
I think that these are two interrelated processes. As a result, you can get a good scheme that will allow you to live in prosperity and receive a passive income. Many people are eager to do this and save to collect seed money

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:54:36 PM

I think it's both. I investing to save money. By investing can save money, because it will not be more lost than using it to be played in a gambling game. Investing can make a profit and further away from the risk of wasting money and safer. But if have to choose one, is better to investing in order to earn profits for the future.
I like to do both. I put some money into Bitcoin so if the price of Bitcoin goes up then  I would have much more money that I began with. It's kind of like an investment as well because Bitcoin can fail just like the other investment schemes that are out there right now.

Yes everyone given a chance that would be all the reply.  To do both, saving and investing on it.  But financial gurus told that it is better if you save first for an emergency fund.  Thrn after about 6-8 months of your total savings then you can invest.  Good investment would be on the banks, some mutual funds and stocks.  There are risk but of course if the risk are high you could have a good profit.
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:22:35 PM

As a rule, money saved in the bank is money you are losing. Because of inflation, money you have now will be worth much less within a year or so, and the interest in bank savings account can't keep up with the inflation rate. The only thing banks are good for is keeping liquid money. Other than that, find growth elsewhere.
And with you money in the bank, they are the one who benefits from it. Because they are using it for loan offers and the interest you will be earning from them is only a centavo coming from the profit they made. When you have saved money, its also good that do some investments like bitcoin.

True. They earn big time charging interest for loaning others YOUR money. And then they charge you fee for keeping your money "safe".

The only good think I can think of of maintaining a bank balance is you can get a credit card which you would then use to start and improve your credit rating.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 09:40:06 PM

If you don't like to risk then you just need to save it, it is depend on us if we don't want to experience losing a money. But if you want to risk just to earn huge money then invest it.
There is no future in saving money because it is not like investment that will make your money grow to a higher amount in a short period because saving is just adding money to your account or savings account and it is not growing based on the interest because you are working for money which is wrong because the people who got money and invest it believes that money should work for us.

Life is risk, whether you take risk or not youre still on a risk that your future might not be good not unless you prepared for it now, Saving is really not ideal for long term goals because the value of your cash in a bank becomes undervalue because of inflation every year. Invest your money and let your money works for you.
This is impressive “life is risk”. It’s good to make invest your money and plan your future. The planning is something that affects your life. If we look at the life of the people who follow a proper planning for their life and of those who don’t we will see a visible difference. Those who plan for the future live their lives in an ease while the others face many problems.
It is good to invest and if it is invested diversified then it is much better.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:13:36 PM

Yes everyone given a chance that would be all the reply.  To do both, saving and investing on it.  But financial gurus told that it is better if you save first for an emergency fund.  Thrn after about 6-8 months of your total savings then you can invest.  Good investment would be on the banks, some mutual funds and stocks.  There are risk but of course if the risk are high you could have a good profit.
in fact that is too much important to hold some fund for emergency. because emergency never comes on invitation, and the remaining should be invest in a good business or anywhere else where you consider your money more safe and can also give you good profit. to me  i think in present time there is no other place so safe as bitcoin from where you can also get god profit and your fund may also be more safe there.
DRaGoN RaNTaRo

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:16:39 PM

It's better to invest in something, because when you save it the inflation will eat its value. Prior to the economic crisis you received high interest rates from banks and the inflation was at leat partially compensated. But nowadays you have to pay money to have your money on bank accounts plus the inflation!
Even before the recession,you have to pay service tax and other charges to save your money in bank,i am not sure whether there is any other addition fees they are taking from customers,you could multiply your money if you are able to invest your money wisely than saving it in a bank ,so i will opt for investing in a better platform .
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:34:49 PM

It's better to invest in something, because when you save it the inflation will eat its value. Prior to the economic crisis you received high interest rates from banks and the inflation was at leat partially compensated. But nowadays you have to pay money to have your money on bank accounts plus the inflation!
Even before the recession,you have to pay service tax and other charges to save your money in bank,i am not sure whether there is any other addition fees they are taking from customers,you could multiply your money if you are able to invest your money wisely than saving it in a bank ,so i will opt for investing in a better platform .

Savings actually in a bank will earn little interests because of its inflation. I'd rather choose investing that for sure offer a daily growth of my money. Investing will bring you a success if you choose a right platform that you can save more for the future.
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:42:53 PM

To invest the money in banks is not correct. In fact, the interest that the Bank offers in the best case, you compensate for inflation, and at worst they are not enough even for that. Now the most profitable investment is the bitcoin, but remember that you should always be able to stop in time.
Whitly

Activity: 668
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:48:32 PM

I think better split it on two parts like 25% and 75%, 750% left in bank and earn 13% in year and with other 25% try to invest online
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:25:15 PM

Saving your money in the bank is the safest. Although the downside here is that, you won't be able to profit unlike when you invest it. I recommend investing despite the risk of losing your money because through this, you get passive income. The tricky part is finding out where to invest that has the least risk. I agree with you though that real estate sounds promising. You'd have to educate yourself on that however. Ideally, it would be best to partially save and partially invest your money.
Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:00:48 AM

i think both have good options, but i think think those people who business minded will surely select to invest their mony, they do not put their money even in banks get interest on it. they want to invest their money in some profitable business so as to get to get good profit for that. to me i  personally like trading and therefore i have got a good experience in trading also.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:49:16 AM

If you don't like to risk then you just need to save it, it is depend on us if we don't want to experience losing a money. But if you want to risk just to earn huge money then invest it.
There is no future in saving money because it is not like investment that will make your money grow to a higher amount in a short period because saving is just adding money to your account or savings account and it is not growing based on the interest because you are working for money which is wrong because the people who got money and invest it believes that money should work for us.

Life is risk, whether you take risk or not youre still on a risk that your future might not be good not unless you prepared for it now, Saving is really not ideal for long term goals because the value of your cash in a bank becomes undervalue because of inflation every year. Invest your money and let your money works for you.
This is impressive “life is risk”. It’s good to make invest your money and plan your future. The planning is something that affects your life. If we look at the life of the people who follow a proper planning for their life and of those who don’t we will see a visible difference. Those who plan for the future live their lives in an ease while the others face many problems.
But there are still some people that don't want to take risk even if you say that life is risk there are people that does not want to take risk and they just saving their money at all.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:56:23 AM

But there are still some people that don't want to take risk even if you say that life is risk there are people that does not want to take risk and they just saving their money at all.
We can't avoid to encounter those people who are always staying in their comfort zones because they will not become successful because if you want to be successful then you need to take risks in life and different sources of possible income to improve your life and also your lifestyle and if you done achieving those things then all you need to do is to relax.
KennyR

Activity: 2296
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:25:17 AM

We can't avoid to encounter those people who are always staying in their comfort zones because they will not become successful because if you want to be successful then you need to take risks in life and different sources of possible income to improve your life and also your lifestyle and if you done achieving those things then all you need to do is to relax.
People who were in the comfort zone has got everything they expect as well with bitcoin everyone cannot make a earning. This needs the understanding as well the time to spend. Importantly one need trust and willingness. Without this one never makes a better earning without risking his assets. As the above mate's quote, one who risk himself is gonna relax good in the future.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:56:49 AM

Saving was meant to be some way to put something aside for the rainy days, for the future, but no thanks to our debt ridden monetary system that perpetually eats away at people's savings. Nevertheless, saving is a good leg forward to raise funds for startups and eventually when the profits starts to roll in, saving again becomes inevitable for the purposes of expansion and consolidation.

Something to really smile about is that with the increased level of awareness, savings has seized to be just the surrendering of one's blood and sweat to some opportunists, buying of assets with stable value has fast become a more effective way to save. That is the attraction in real Estate, gold and the likes and now even Bitcoin. Knowledgeable investors even employs tools like Futures to lock away the value of their assets against fluctuations in the future.
iv4n
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1174

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:07:07 AM

I think better split it on two parts like 25% and 75%, 750% left in bank and earn 13% in year and with other 25% try to invest online

I also think that splitting the money is the best plan when we talk about investing, all in in one job can bring good profit but risk is to high if something bad happen you are in trouble, with money on more then one place is like having a back up plan in case something goes wrong. Is it better to save or invest, well you can see that the best thing someone can do is to save and invest in the same time. I won`t talk about percents here, because that is impossible to calculate without knowing how much base money someone have, and other important facts, in which business to invest, how much, that is job for investor to check the risks and accordingly to all that to find perfect amount to be invested.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:02:48 PM

Yes it is true to save money in the bank in the long term is not good because it will drain our money little by little. Investing money can make our money grow and avoid inflation, this will make a profit in the future. While investing is risky but we can minimize the risk so it is safe, so as you say life is risky and we must dare to take that risk to be successful.
I don't agree with you save money in the bank can not make your money drained, there your money is safe but only the value is not much increased because they give interest. Yeah investment is the way to earn money but IMO isn't a smart choice because not all investment are profitable.
Yes there is an interest when saving in the bank but it is not much and I am sure no more than 4%. Why I say will drain the money? That's because there are also many administrative costs, and I'm sure the interest given is not as much as the administrative costs that must be incurred. And maybe I agree if saving money in the bank is safe because there is a security guarantee given to us. And for investment ,, investment is a smart way to get money I think. Not all investments are profitable is true but people who want to invest will definitely deepen where they invest. So if we are smart about choosing an investment for sure it will benefit or can make money.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:34:14 PM

Yes it is true to save money in the bank in the long term is not good because it will drain our money little by little. Investing money can make our money grow and avoid inflation, this will make a profit in the future. While investing is risky but we can minimize the risk so it is safe, so as you say life is risky and we must dare to take that risk to be successful.
I don't agree with you save money in the bank can not make your money drained, there your money is safe but only the value is not much increased because they give interest. Yeah investment is the way to earn money but IMO isn't a smart choice because not all investment are profitable.
Yes there is an interest when saving in the bank but it is not much and I am sure no more than 4%. Why I say will drain the money? That's because there are also many administrative costs, and I'm sure the interest given is not as much as the administrative costs that must be incurred. And maybe I agree if saving money in the bank is safe because there is a security guarantee given to us. And for investment ,, investment is a smart way to get money I think. Not all investments are profitable is true but people who want to invest will definitely deepen where they invest. So if we are smart about choosing an investment for sure it will benefit or can make money.
It is better to invest your money to something rather than saving it, but if you already have an investment and you gain more profit from it then you should save it for the future. After you get your ROI then invest it again to some other businesses. If you are business-minded person you will seek your opportunity and make it happen. Just accept the fact that there's always a risk on everything, it may go up or down but this is just normal because everything should be balanced.

streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:19:06 PM

That is right. I save money most of the time and will save for the retirement.

I don't see why we have to choose one to better over the other as these are both good for our money especially if done together. I think before you can really invest, you have to first have a backup whichbwould be your savings. Investments are a risky deal and it's goong to be a lot more secure if you know you won't go busted if one investment don't turn out the way you want it to be. Save and invest, nit save or invest
This is how I think of it too. The better option is to save something for rainy days. It is not for either to save all or invest all but one should do it according to needs. Now it depends upon you to how much to save and how much to invest. Some people in the forum think that saving is totally a useless activity; according to me they are wrong. We should encourage saving and investing both at the same time.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:40:32 PM

I think saving is best option for those people who have already invested a lot of money and still having good amount remaining in their wallet. To me  for such people the best option is to purchase gold. Where there money will remain as more safe and will also no decreasing their value. Because gold always maintain its value, we can observe a very minor change in the price of gold ever after a lot of time.
Pages: « 1 ... 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 [513] 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: