Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:27:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to save money.  (Read 345756 times)
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 01:36:26 PM

To save money nowadays, is to not save money, but rather save in valuable things. Half the people understand that. Be short dollar and long house. There are two problems: 1 Houses might go down. 2 Not everybody is in the position to get a loan (short dollar) and buy a house (long house).

What everybody can do is to set aside whatever you can (want) of your income and store the value in sound money, that is, money that is not designed to go down in value.

So what are you suggest to store? And which money that is not designed to go down in value? All money that have been designed is always down in value no matter what because that is being controlled by market not us that have a power to control it

I thought it would be obvious in this forum. Bitcoin is sound money. I introduced bitcoin to some interested people - they started with one single dollar each, which I converted to bitcoin and sent to their mobile wallets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dotakels (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:39:43 PM

To save money nowadays, is to not save money, but rather save in valuable things. Half the people understand that. Be short dollar and long house. There are two problems: 1 Houses might go down. 2 Not everybody is in the position to get a loan (short dollar) and buy a house (long house).

What everybody can do is to set aside whatever you can (want) of your income and store the value in sound money, that is, money that is not designed to go down in value.

So what are you suggest to store? And which money that is not designed to go down in value? All money that have been designed is always down in value no matter what because that is being controlled by market not us that have a power to control it

I thought it would be obvious in this forum. Bitcoin is sound money. I introduced bitcoin to some interested people - they started with one single dollar each, which I converted to bitcoin and sent to their mobile wallets.

Yes its sounds like money but the most important things are what ypu have learn with crytocurrency and the system how the value og bitcoin going up or down, but i am not saying that i dont have money i am not hypocrites.
Dick Valentine

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 03:35:54 PM

Best way to save: don't spend and just save. I think most people in the western world could easily save up if they just cut back their spending and cut out things they don't need.

I'm buying things second-hand mostly. This helps a lot Smiley.
I could prepare my own food and bring it at my job but I'm too lazy for that  Tongue.
I think the best step is : work remotely (digital nomad) and go live in a cheap country. In Europe it's Portugal, Lithuania etc...
SE Asia is good as well. Cambodia is providing unlimited resident visa for ~300$ a year for example and you can live there quite cheap.

That's a thing I want to experience but now I'm a young wage slave in Tokyo with an emergency fund of 500 000 yens.

I'd like to save up a lot of bitcoins for the next couple of years with the hope that I can go live in a cheaper country and live off them someday. If that doesn't happen I'd at least like to go traveling on my bitcoins.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:06:15 PM

I could prepare my own food and bring it at my job but I'm too lazy for that  Tongue.
I think the best step is : work remotely (digital nomad) and go live in a cheap country. In Europe it's Portugal, Lithuania etc...
SE Asia is good as well. Cambodia is providing unlimited resident visa for ~300$ a year for example and you can live there quite cheap.
That's a thing I want to experience but now I'm a young wage slave in Tokyo with an emergency fund of 500 000 yens.

Yes buying second things is helping you for your living cost, but how about if someone is being born not in a lets say a middle country or may be low. How are you going to suggest him with this condition?

another way to save money, is buying only needed things, like food, personal hygiene stuff, and nothing else

for your children you can buy un-expensive thing that don't rely on their brand, so avoid something like nike, but buy the same item under a cheap brand
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:31:54 PM

Yes buying second things is helping you for your living cost, but how about if someone is being born not in a lets say a middle country or may be low. How are you going to suggest him with this condition?

another way to save money, is buying only needed things, like food, personal hygiene stuff, and nothing else

for your children you can buy un-expensive thing that don't rely on their brand, so avoid something like nike, but buy the same item under a cheap brand

Yes its true that you done need a branded things and buy them a cheap brand or may be you can buy them not even a brand but I mean how about if their money just enough him or her to sufficient his own things? How are they going to safe some of their money?
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:56:04 PM

Yes its true that you done need a branded things and buy them a cheap brand or may be you can buy them not even a brand but I mean how about if their money just enough him or her to sufficient his own things? How are they going to safe some of their money?

I've actually taken a different approach in the past couple years.  Now I buy higher quality products that will last a long time.  The price is more expensive, however it lasts several times longer.

For example, I got a pair leather boots on sale last year for $300.  They're hand made from high quality leather.  With proper care, these should last me between 10-15 years.  A pair of $80 boots would probably last 2-3 years, and over time the cheaper boots would cost more due to the need to repurchase several times.

This is just an example.  I know boots aren't even necessary in more tropical places, but for doing a lot of walking during a Canadian winter, they're necessary.
Compa
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 06:49:58 PM

Good advice. if i have money $100 i want to save money in the bank 20 or 30%
for backup if i need something.

▄▄██████████████▄▄
             ▄███████████████████████▄
           █████████████████████████████
         ███▀▀█████▀▀ ██  ██  ▀▀██████████
        ██▀ ▄  ▀      ██  ██      ▀█████████
       █▀ ▄██▀        ██  ██        █████████
      ▀ ▄███▌      ███████████▄▄  ▄███████████
      ▄████▌        ▀██████████████████████████
    ▄██████     ██▄   ▀███████████████████████████▀
  ▄████████    █████▄▄  ▀███████████████████████▀
▄██████████    ████████▄  ▀███████████████████▀
    ███████    ██████████▄   ▀██████████████▀ ▄█
    ███████    ████████████▄▄  ▀██████████▀ ▄███
    ███████▌    ██████████████▄  ▀██████▀ ▄████
     ███████      ██████████████▄  ▀██▀ ▄██████
      ███████▄      ▀██████████▀      ████████
       ████████       ██  ██        █████████
        █████████▄    ██  ██     ▄██████████
          ██████████▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄███████████
            ████████████████████████████
              ▀██████████████████████▀
                  ▀▀████████████▀▀

LocalCoinSwap
   World's Most Inclusive 
         Cryptocurrency Marketplace
[]
██████████████
█████████████████
██░░░░░████████████
██░░░░░██████████████
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
REDDIT
INSTAGRAM
MEDIUM
LINKED IN
STEEMIT
anonyymi

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 07:20:31 PM

No. This is what most people are doing and they are not getting rich.
Buy only the smallest and cheapest appartment that you are comfortable living on.
Focus your life on income generating assets, not on a house.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:47:39 PM

Save money can only do so much.

You gotta eventually learn how to grow your cash flow, and thats based on projects that employees will never let you do. IF you work 9-5pm you need notice your time is more of value then a salary.

Just think about it, $40k salary, $37k after taxes, and you can barely have time to have fun with it. Which how many years youd have to work for a bigger principal balance to have a successful retirement.
anonyymi

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:54:38 PM

You gotta eventually learn how to grow your cash flow, and thats based on projects that employees will never let you do. IF you work 9-5pm you need notice your time is more of value then a salary.

Just think about it, $40k salary, $37k after taxes, and you can barely have time to have fun with it. Which how many years youd have to work for a bigger principal balance to have a successful retirement.

Yes indeed. You can retire at age 40 if you save insanely.
It's all possible with $40k salary.

But if you only had $20k salary / year, its very hard to save.
Dotakels (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:13:28 AM

Its depend to the person who are saving because no impossible to the people who wants to save, although their salary is small. And i think your job is not a very good job so that you have only $20k salary. $40k a month is a salary of a engineer.
anonyymi

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:27:17 AM

Its depend to the person who are saving because no impossible to the people who wants to save, although their salary is small. And i think your job is not a very good job so that you have only $20k salary. $40k a month is a salary of a engineer.

I don't know which country you live??
But the engineer salary is $40k-$60k (USD) a year, not month.
Dotakels (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:04:34 AM

I don't know which country you live??
But the engineer salary is $40k-$60k (USD) a year, not month.
I live in phillipines. $40-$60 annually is not enough for an engineer. So that a month $360 of the salary of the engineer? which country do you live?
gripflierGO

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 11:59:28 AM

reduce unwanted expenses or try to postpone those expenses for next month.. Avoid branded this...Shop when Sale is on...that will definitely a profitable venture...pre[are a plan of action and follow it rigourously so u will be aware what are your expenses which costs you more.
Dotakels (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:23:54 PM

reduce unwanted expenses or try to postpone those expenses for next month.. Avoid branded this...Shop when Sale is on...that will definitely a profitable venture...pre[are a plan of action and follow it rigourously so u will be aware what are your expenses which costs you more.
You cant avoid the unwanted expenses you can sovle it by having a budget this unwanted expenses is on the miscellaneous.  Make budget and you can save correctly and you dont need to use your saving so that you can pay your unwanted expenses.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:17:26 PM

You cant avoid the unwanted expenses you can sovle it by having a budget this unwanted expenses is on the miscellaneous.  Make budget and you can save correctly and you dont need to use your saving so that you can pay your unwanted expenses.

You can avoid some of this expenses but you must really change it to another plan so it will cover the changes that you made. Saving means you have spare some of your money after you fulfill all your expenses and try to life modest
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:37:09 PM

That's True..U should Plan for a budget and see what are your expenses and what is your income so if u have budget you can get exact idea whether to reduce your expenses or to increase your income So that it can help you in future course of time.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:34:35 PM

Saving Money??? WOW its a BIG deal. At present companies doesn't pay you as per your expectations. If you can save atleast 15% of your salary that would be a great deal. But saving 15% is also a great task nowadays so you better spend less and avoid unwanted expesnses. THAT'S IT
Dotakels (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:49:44 PM

Saving Money??? WOW its a BIG deal. At present companies doesn't pay you as per your expectations. If you can save atleast 15% of your salary that would be a great deal. But saving 15% is also a great task nowadays so you better spend less and avoid unwanted expesnses. THAT'S IT
If you stin yourself only to save. Dont save. Because you save for yourself yo buy anything you need. But stint is not thr way you can save. And you said that the unwanted expenses?  Its unwanted how you avoid that? Like i said budget your salary make a miscellaneous budget, you cant avoid but you are ready for that.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:57:56 PM

another thing that i really hate about poor people, which result in the impossibility to save your money later, is the number of children they bring to light

many couples give birth to 3+ babies non stop, and they know they can not afford to keep them in the future...then you see that couple, that complain about not having money....

if you earn 300 a month(just an example) why the hell you give birth to 3+ children? no-sense...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: