Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:43:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to save money.  (Read 345756 times)
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:23:19 PM

This is my first post. Please do respect

My post intention is to help readers to save their money.

Some of the employee are not saving their money. They spend it on things that they dont need. For example gadgets,buying a concert ticket, accesories, etc.Buying things that not they need is also like a wasting money. Because this thing give a happiness  not a good life. Saving money is just like securing your future because your savings can help you in emergencies. These are the way to save money .
If you are empolyee. You must save atleast 20% of your salary. The 20% of your salary divides into two .

The 1st way : cash reserves- medical insurance, retirement, life insurance  and if you not have salary yet. And emergency. But dont spend all of you 10% in this emergency. You must know if the injury is serious o not before you spend the 10%.
The cash reserves must equal of your 6 months salary this will help you and ensure you becauas of you loss your job you have extra money .

The 2nd way : investment, business- you can invest in some company so that you have a extra income. And you can also built a small business that will always have an income like apartment.

Example. My wage is $ 7.5 per hour and i work for 8 hours and i work for 20 days. So thar my salary is $1,160 . The 20% of $1,160 is $232 .
So that my cash reserves is $ 116 i can spend this money in emergencies and medical insurance.
If my 6 month salary is $6,960 i can stop my saving money in cash reserves.

Thank you .

The simplest way to save is to make distinction between things which we want and which are necessary.
In the want column if some of the items can be scratched off then why not?
Simple!

Want vs need? Yes, that is goos but very unrealistic too. Ofcourse, the need section covers house, food, etc but then what about insurance? That is a need too, but if a person provides all his money to the following, how would that person suffice with no extra snacks, no special nights and having a good time? Happiness is equally important. Moral: Planning is the key.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:39:58 PM

-dont eat crap like fast food. its not cheap and you get no nutrition. eat more fresh fruits/vegitables
-cut out smoking/drinking
-make your own coffee
-rethink your expensive phone/data plan
-get rid of car payment (pay cash for used car)
-DONT USE CREDIT CARDS. If you cant afford something today, you probably dont NEED it today

just a few ways I can think of
Unfortunately fast foods and other crap foods tend to be quite cheap from the other hand fruits and vegetables are not exactly cheap and more of a luxury food for many.
Smoking is just bad I agree, but when I quit smoking, drinking, coffee and some other stuff what for I will live? I did not get that car part, because you can't get rid of car insurance and other taxes really.
Credit cards are cancer - I fully agree. Stop living your life for credit!

About the fast food part, junk food may be cheaper than fresh fruits and vegetables but in the long run, the medical bills that a person who survives on fast food  (since it is generally unhealthy) daily might have to pay is something that one should consider, right?
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:44:48 PM

If you keep spending, you'll obviously end up with an empty wallet, no mater what rates of interest, deflation or inflation and so on variables are at that moment in time. The only way to avoid this is having a steady source of income, which unfortunately in most cases it means being a wage slave.

To be exact, you only have to spend less than you earn. A steady income in not required.
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 08:02:27 PM

-dont eat crap like fast food. its not cheap and you get no nutrition. eat more fresh fruits/vegitables
-make your own coffee
-DONT USE CREDIT CARDS. If you cant afford something today, you probably dont NEED it today

Unfortunately fast foods and other crap foods tend to be quite cheap from the other hand fruits and vegetables are not exactly cheap and more of a luxury food for many.
Smoking is just bad I agree, but when I quit smoking, drinking, coffee and some other stuff what for I will live? I did not get that car part, because you can't get rid of car insurance and other taxes really.

About the fast food part, junk food may be cheaper than fresh fruits and vegetables but in the long run, the medical bills that a person who survives on fast food  (since it is generally unhealthy) daily might have to pay is something that one should consider, right?

In my experience eating fresh food vs junk food is cheaper, short term and long term.

You have more energy, feel better and less other costs such as doctor and dentist visits, less getting sick and needing otc meds, etc.

Find a local farmers market, you would be surprised how well you can eat fresh foods for little cost.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:43:42 AM

-make your own coffee

In my experience eating fresh food vs junk food is cheaper, short term and long term.

You have more energy, feel better and less other costs such as doctor and dentist visits, less getting sick and needing otc meds, etc.

Find a local farmers market, you would be surprised how well you can eat fresh foods for little cost.

Totally on the same page with this.

I been eating healthy as well, and its way better and helps you save so much. Cooking a meal these days dont cost much compared to a $8 or 9 dollar chiptole burrito eaten every day.
Dotakels (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:01:40 AM

This is my first post. Please do respect

My post intention is to help readers to save their money.

Some of the employee are not saving their money. They spend it on things that they dont need. For example gadgets,buying a concert ticket, accesories, etc.Buying things that not they need is also like a wasting money. Because this thing give a happiness  not a good life. Saving money is just like securing your future because your savings can help you in emergencies. These are the way to save money .
If you are empolyee. You must save atleast 20% of your salary. The 20% of your salary divides into two .

The 1st way : cash reserves- medical insurance, retirement, life insurance  and if you not have salary yet. And emergency. But dont spend all of you 10% in this emergency. You must know if the injury is serious o not before you spend the 10%.
The cash reserves must equal of your 6 months salary this will help you and ensure you becauas of you loss your job you have extra money .

The 2nd way : investment, business- you can invest in some company so that you have a extra income. And you can also built a small business that will always have an income like apartment.

Example. My wage is $ 7.5 per hour and i work for 8 hours and i work for 20 days. So thar my salary is $1,160 . The 20% of $1,160 is $232 .
So that my cash reserves is $ 116 i can spend this money in emergencies and medical insurance.
If my 6 month salary is $6,960 i can stop my saving money in cash reserves.

Thank you .

The simplest way to save is to make distinction between things which we want and which are necessary.
In the want column if some of the items can be scratched off then why not?
Simple!

Want vs need? Yes, that is goos but very unrealistic too. Ofcourse, the need section covers house, food, etc but then what about insurance? That is a need too, but if a person provides all his money to the following, how would that person suffice with no extra snacks, no special nights and having a good time? Happiness is equally important. Moral: Planning is the key.
If you really read and understand my post, and you have a common sense, i already said that, if you already done with your payments and you save already, you but what you want or things that make you happy. Read my all of my post.
lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:43:40 AM

The whole how to save money really goes to the individuals life style.

So if their life style choice is wanting a rolex watch instead of paying bills, yeah its a bit obvious. Some people buy bmw`s when they cant afford it, its what make capitalism works lol.

Dotakels (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:29:25 AM

The whole how to save money really goes to the individuals life style.

So if their life style choice is wanting a rolex watch instead of paying bills, yeah its a bit obvious. Some people buy bmw`s when they cant afford it, its what make capitalism works lol.
LOL that is the wrong things about the attitude of people or about when they get their money, Buy there, buy here. They didn't know the reason why they are going or having a job. They just want to buy they wants. not NEEDS.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:15:57 PM

The smartest way to save money is to not spend it. However, easier said than done. My personal plans include investment in real estate and bitcoin. Starting a business on the down low with my own money then, a little business. Simple life.

Thats a fine idea, i believe. Saving money isnt earning momey, investing money is earning money. Real estate is a safe investment, but I would rather have bitcoin as my back up retirement plan than rely on it. A little business is a dream, I plan to have a little cafe Smiley good luck
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 05:08:12 PM

The best way to save is to spend less and save more. Choose a bank account with more advantage of perks along with more interest. Don’t spend huge money for entertaining yourself. Spend less money on beverages drink and cigs if you smoke. Cutting down on holiday vacations also helps a lot.
If you have a habit of getting into trouble with credit cards its a better choice to quit using a credit card except for emergencies.
Last thing i would suggest is to always look ahead  Smiley

Choosing a bank account to save your money is great but it got low interest. You only got around 6-7% per year and you need to put in a good amount to get bigger profit. And why dont you try to make some investment? You can get bigger profit rather than let them stayed in your bank. Although there is a risk through it but it is worth to try
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:33:02 PM

The best way to save is to spend less and save more. Choose a bank account with more advantage of perks along with more interest. Don’t spend huge money for entertaining yourself. Spend less money on beverages drink and cigs if you smoke. Cutting down on holiday vacations also helps a lot.
If you have a habit of getting into trouble with credit cards its a better choice to quit using a credit card except for emergencies.
Last thing i would suggest is to always look ahead  Smiley

Choosing a bank account to save your money is great but it got low interest. You only got around 6-7% per year and you need to put in a good amount to get bigger profit. And why dont you try to make some investment? You can get bigger profit rather than let them stayed in your bank. Although there is a risk through it but it is worth to try

6%-7%?! Tell me where to get it. Here, in the Netherlands, you can be glad when you have 1% interest on your bank savings now.. It really sucks, especially because we're obligated to pay tax about your income from interest (which is 1,2% of your savings..) and because of inflation.

Investing is likely to lead to a bigger profit, but there's a bigger risk too.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 09:35:20 PM

6%-7%?! Tell me where to get it. Here, in the Netherlands, you can be glad when you have 1% interest on your bank savings now.. It really sucks, especially because we're obligated to pay tax about your income from interest (which is 1,2% of your savings..) and because of inflation.

of course, every investment has risks, and how we choose the least risk and generate a lot of profit, necessary experience and thoroughness in this case
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:29:23 PM

of course, every investment has risks, and how we choose the least risk and generate a lot of profit, necessary experience and thoroughness in this case

Well i`m buying altcoins, they have very low price, if i lose i lose a few $, if i win i win thousands of thousands of dollars.

Best risk/reward there is out there!

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:47:42 PM

Well i`m buying altcoins, they have very low price, if i lose i lose a few $, if i win i win thousands of thousands of dollars.

Best risk/reward there is out there!

What kind of alts are you investing at where you expect a rate of return of 1000%+?? you are saying you expect to go from a few $ to thousands of thousands... I don't remember many altcoins that gave such returns for such a small first investment.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:50:33 PM

What kind of alts are you investing at where you expect a rate of return of 1000%+?? you are saying you expect to go from a few $ to thousands of thousands... I don't remember many altcoins that gave such returns for such a small first investment.

They're out there. If you'd got in on the ground floor with NXT you could've turned 1.5 BTC when it was sub $150 into 5% of an eventual $100 million market cap at its peak. That's almost all paper profits of course but still a very nice ongoing drip feed if you weren't too impatient or greedy.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:22:58 AM

They're out there. If you'd got in on the ground floor with NXT you could've turned 1.5 BTC when it was sub $150 into 5% of an eventual $100 million market cap at its peak. That's almost all paper profits of course but still a very nice ongoing drip feed if you weren't too impatient or greedy.

I dont trust NXT, it doesnt have offline wallet.

Thats all, no offline wallet, no trust Smiley

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
BITCOINERSEJATI

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:06:05 AM

Thank's for your suggestion Smiley
that help me to manage my money

before i know Bitcoin my salary only from office (real work/not online) after i know i can earn some amount from bitcointalk (signature campaign)
i get 0,035BTC/week or 0,14BTC permonth

im not think about cash reserves- medical insurance, retirement, life insurance etc. after i reading i will save my money from bitcointalk to do it Smiley

I think 0.07/month is enough to it

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 06:54:13 AM

I dont trust NXT, it doesnt have offline wallet.

Thats all, no offline wallet, no trust Smiley

their wallet is a bit different it does not come with a gui, but with the usual command line, but they does have a good online wallet

nonetheless nxt was instamined to death from the beginning
Dotakels (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:18:28 AM

Thank's for your suggestion Smiley
that help me to manage my money

before i know Bitcoin my salary only from office (real work/not online) after i know i can earn some amount from bitcointalk (signature campaign)
i get 0,035BTC/week or 0,14BTC permonth

im not think about cash reserves- medical insurance, retirement, life insurance etc. after i reading i will save my money from bitcointalk to do it Smiley

I think 0.07/month is enough to it
Thanks to me. Cheesy and also thank you for believing my way how to saved my money, because now a days teenager or employed people don't think or they not believing in saving. They just only want to spend their money in their own way, their not thinking about their future, when they not have a job, or incase of emergency etc.
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:37:21 PM

*snip*
...because now a days teenager or employed people don't think or they not believing in saving. They just only want to spend their money in their own way, their not thinking about their future, when they not have a job, or incase of emergency etc.

I don't think that is true. I think this really differs from human to human.

I also see this in the people around me. Some of them really do save a lot (and maybe too much..), and others save way too less. It's often the latter group that have periods in which they need to loan money, as they are likely to spend all their income indeed. As soon as an unexpected cost appear, they will have to loan money (from someone) to be able to pay it..

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: