Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:03:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to save money.  (Read 345756 times)
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 12:03:09 AM

There's a pretty hardcore mode to store BTC. I think there's a way to put a countdown in a wallet so it locks and it's impossible to access it until the countdown is done. So what you do is set the countdown to 1 year, this will pretty much force you to hold 1 year, effectively saving money. Nothing more straight forward than that.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 12:25:55 AM

There's a pretty hardcore mode to store BTC. I think there's a way to put a countdown in a wallet so it locks and it's impossible to access it until the countdown is done. So what you do is set the countdown to 1 year, this will pretty much force you to hold 1 year, effectively saving money. Nothing more straight forward than that.
Pretty bad... cause if u need to spend within one year due to price crash, u r locked. There should always be an option of liquidity.

dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 01:45:04 AM

always remove at least 10% of your profits / wages and put into a savings account.

I always try this method,and trust me its worked
but not only 10% that i saved but i always remove at least 5% from my wage for charity
thats one of my best save money method and of course i've got profit from it Smiley
if you have a regular job with a normal salary you can try my suggestion that you will save your 20% of your monthly salary and spend it in 2 different ways and donation for charity is a good way to enjoy your savings and not only for your self.
Thanks for your suggest
Actually i dont have a regular job right now cause iam a student, just a freelencer but honestly i dont know why,believe it or not when i was giving my money for charity i always get cashback from other thing that i never expect it before
futurebit640

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 02:04:43 AM

I feel it is not the right way to do. for example if some very bad news comes against btc and prices are going down then if you do not have access for your coins then how you will reduce your loses?

So saving is not how to lock your money instead find a ways to reduce your expenses to save more money.
JinxCoins

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:10:29 AM

As a first post Nice information btw. I am new with this website and reading this helps me save some money. So thank you.
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:25:21 AM

As a first post Nice information btw. I am new with this website and reading this helps me save some money. So thank you.

Seriously ? i just curious  how did you find bitcointalk? i mean do you typed "how to save money" on google and then you find this thread and you decide to make an account and posted here?or something else
but actually you can find a lot of nice information here especially about money and investment and how to earn bitcoin and of course tips and trick to save or manage your money.
Well, welcome to the forum
Dotakels (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 11:08:16 AM

always remove at least 10% of your profits / wages and put into a savings account.

I always try this method,and trust me its worked
but not only 10% that i saved but i always remove at least 5% from my wage for charity
thats one of my best save money method and of course i've got profit from it Smiley
if you have a regular job with a normal salary you can try my suggestion that you will save your 20% of your monthly salary and spend it in 2 different ways and donation for charity is a good way to enjoy your savings and not only for your self.
Thanks for your suggest
Actually i dont have a regular job right now cause iam a student, just a freelencer but honestly i dont know why,believe it or not when i was giving my money for charity i always get cashback from other thing that i never expect it before
like me. i am also a student 1st year college with course of computer science. And you said you always get cashback after you donate in some charity, i think that is the grace of god to you for the good things that you made.
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 01:22:57 PM

this is the way how to save money Wink
just look this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mmt9JHmKss
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 01:58:18 PM

I would just bury a hole somewhere near the back of my house and place a safe/vault with Bitcoin paper wallets and some cash. After that, I'll just cover the hole and forget about it. Then, after a couple of years, redig the hole again, to check my money. I think that's a good way to save money, don't you think?  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
futurebit640

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 02:36:41 PM

I would just bury a hole somewhere near the back of my house and place a safe/vault with Bitcoin paper wallets and some cash. After that, I'll just cover the hole and forget about it. Then, after a couple of years, redig the hole again, to check my money. I think that's a good way to save money, don't you think?  Roll Eyes

Saving money means not burying your money under the ground. How to save money every month from salary or earnings or how to save money by reducing your every day expenses.

You totally misunderstood the topic. If you have so much surplus money instead of burying invest those money then you may get more profits for your investments.
Linuld

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 02:45:39 PM

Saving money means not burying your money under the ground. How to save money every month from salary or earnings or how to save money by reducing your every day expenses.

You totally misunderstood the topic. If you have so much surplus money instead of burying invest those money then you may get more profits for your investments.

I too agree with you because saving money is a art of keeping every month some money aside for future use and investments. This one has to start early in the age then he/she can save more money for their retirement age. If you delay then you may need to save more every month.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 02:54:52 PM

I too agree with you because saving money is a art of keeping every month some money aside for future use and investments. This one has to start early in the age then he/she can save more money for their retirement age. If you delay then you may need to save more every month.

Thanks for your advice. But just to let you know, I want to save money in a place safe without needing to put it on a bank. I want to avoid banks at all costs. All my transactions are made with cash only and a single debit card (prepaid) to buy things online  Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 04:22:59 PM

It is a classical this thing and it deserves to be discussed. Simple formula that everyone (I think) know but not anyone can applied. First you must have profit. So other money except the salary. You must have an activity and are very few them which have this possibility. Second if with profit you mean your salary not everyone have the possibility to take off 10% of the money received to save those. Seems not to much credible this but most of people have various needs each month and other not prevedible that make this impossible. If you live in a poor country this is for sure for almost all the people. But even in the rich countries the life is so various and unexpected things that even you remove that 10% in the beginning of the month (when you have the salary) you can be obligated to use it at the end of it. Without your desire. I'm very sensitive about this case because I am one of them. I want every month to leaves apart an amount of my salary. I do this since I take my salary. But to many times this amount will be spent at the end of the month.
master sato

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 04:56:03 PM

keep diary listing every penny you spend. Even if you don't change your habits it's eye-opening to see where the money goes.
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 05:01:09 PM

It is a classical this thing and it deserves to be discussed. Simple formula that everyone (I think) know but not anyone can applied. First you must have profit. So other money except the salary. You must have an activity and are very few them which have this possibility. Second if with profit you mean your salary not everyone have the possibility to take off 10% of the money received to save those. Seems not to much credible this but most of people have various needs each month and other not prevedible that make this impossible. If you live in a poor country this is for sure for almost all the people. But even in the rich countries the life is so various and unexpected things that even you remove that 10% in the beginning of the month (when you have the salary) you can be obligated to use it at the end of it. Without your desire. I'm very sensitive about this case because I am one of them. I want every month to leaves apart an amount of my salary. I do this since I take my salary. But to many times this amount will be spent at the end of the month.

I agree with you n2004al specially on the "First you must have profit".
You can't save 10% if whats left after you take away the amount that you need to pay for a period untilnext payday is very small.
Example is you need to pay for your rent, utilities, set aside money for transportation & food allowance. Next thing you know, nothing is left from your salary.
Itun

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:38:19 PM

The easiest way to save is to set up automatic transfers on your bank account.

For example, transfer 10% of your salary every month on to a side account that you force yourself to not access for a certain period of time

And just forget about it for a while Smiley
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 09:42:55 PM

Great advice! I should really be saving up more though...
Linuld

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 02:16:40 AM

Thanks for your advice. But just to let you know, I want to save money in a place safe without needing to put it on a bank. I want to avoid banks at all costs. All my transactions are made with cash only and a single debit card (prepaid) to buy things online  Grin

Thanks for considering my advice but would like to know why are you so much against to keep your money in banks? You don't believe any banks or you worried you may spend it when you need of money?
If you keep money in fixed deposit for certain period the you can earn more interest and also you can't withdraw money so easily also.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:43:18 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 12:35:26 PM by n2004al

For example, transfer 10% of your salary every month on to a side account that you force yourself to not access for a certain period of time

And if you are not in the situation to not realize this because of the low salary and the need to spend all those until the end of the month? I tried to do this. I deduct an amount of my salary since the first day of the taken of my wage. With the intention to not spend it and to save for the hard days. The most of times at the end of the month this part of money is went.  Smiley
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:53:34 AM

Yes it is good idea but one shouldn't have a easy access for that account. If he/she got easy access then there are chances they may use it when they need it.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: