Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:37:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to save money.  (Read 345756 times)
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:05:55 PM

Isn't it possible to share Netflix account with other people also ?

It is, although I'm not sure whether this applies for each kind of membership (there are multiple). I share the most expensive on with 4 friends; you can actually watch movies/series with 4 persons at the same time (so only 1 person cannot watch movies/series at the very same time as the rest does). And this only cost me like €2,xx per month.

Besides that, here on Bitcointalk véry cheap Netflix accounts are offered. Some of them might not be legally obtained though.. I decided to simply pay the €2,xx per month.

I just assumed that everyone is already doing whatever they can to earn more...

Well, not really. When I'm really in the need of money I do. I try to find other extra ways to make money (read: legally, and just "normal" ways to make money..) I will do work that is even far below my educational level. I've had a period in which I lost a part time job, and I had to work at a farm to cover all my costs. I made many hours (for a wage that was even less than half I was used to) but I liked it though Wink. It also made me loose some weight hehe.

Nowadays, I try to find an optimal balance between work and spare-time. I've got an extra job in which I can determine whether I want to work or not, when, and how many hours I will make. Works great Wink

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:11:25 PM

I for sure have made saving money a goal this year,will come back and read through this thread later tonight before bed.
Used to be pretty bad with money till I started looking around and wondering how peoples lives end up in such a bad place.
Do not want to be 50 and wondering why they let me go and have less than 3 months pay to my name.
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:13:16 AM

You save money by earning more.
Thats opposite then most views, but heres why. Theres a certain extent you can only save so much, clip coupons, order from the dollar menu, living a horrible frugal life style.
When you could be increasing cashflow by being creative.. and still be frugal.

I just assumed that everyone is already doing whatever they can to earn more, so it didn't make much sense to talk about it.
And when it comes to savings, i always prefer methods that doesn't compromise lifestyle too much, but still offer certain amount of savings to be made.

cheers

And I also believe that you can go for some extra job like part time which would add value to your wallet financially and basic day to day expenses can be taken care of by your extra earnings which would make your salary safe and could be useful at the time of emergencies or in the future.
Don007
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:35:49 AM

Thats opposite then most views, but heres why. Theres a certain extent you can only save so much, clip coupons, order from the dollar menu, living a horrible frugal life style.

I just assumed that everyone is already doing whatever they can to earn more, so it didn't make much sense to talk about it.
And when it comes to savings, i always prefer methods that doesn't compromise lifestyle too much, but still offer certain amount of savings to be made.

cheers

And I also believe that you can go for some extra job like part time which would add value to your wallet financially and basic day to day expenses can be taken care of by your extra earnings which would make your salary safe and could be useful at the time of emergencies or in the future.

With my regular job, I try to cover all my overall costs. Including rent, food, drinks, my car, utility etc etc. Doing extra work at my part time job gives me some more freedom (as I nearly needs my whole salary to cover these costs). But yes, this extra income is often used to pay unexpected costs (like repairments for my car) or otherwise I often save this money. But I mostly do more part time job when I am really in the need of the money  (thus to cover (unexpected) costs).

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

Dotakels (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:21:54 PM

cheers

With my regular job, I try to cover all my overall costs. Including rent, food, drinks, my car, utility etc etc. Doing extra work at my part time job gives me some more freedom (as I nearly needs my whole salary to cover these costs). But yes, this extra income is often used to pay unexpected costs (like repairments for my car) or otherwise I often save this money. But I mostly do more part time job when I am really in the need of the money  (thus to cover (unexpected) costs).
Great job, and great way to cover your unexpected expenses, but can i ask you? how much you can save every time you get your salary? or what is the percentage value of your savings from your salary?
Don007
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:10:30 PM

*snip*
Great job, and great way to cover your unexpected expenses, but can i ask you? how much you can save every time you get your salary? or what is the percentage value of your savings from your salary?

From my regular job? I think that's only about 10% maximum - but that really depends on the months. Some months are more expensive than others. At some months, I don't have any possibilities to save a lot of my regular job income - but I can still create some extra's by working for my part time job. If I do not need these extra's then to cover the costs, I can actually save some money.

mayflor2

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:33:30 PM

Plnt trees, buy lands, invest in something that will give small but sure gain. Don't need to take it high in the skyscraper. I am an optimist so I like to gamble big, but saving sensible or investing sensible is the right way to go.

A suitable game plan would be to restrict oneself from buying luxurious things while he works his job. Slowly, build his way and advance doing his job. Keep saving money on the down low and once reaching an optimum point, invest it in real estate or a better investing option suitable at that time. Buy, sell, repeat. Enjoy luxuries later when you can afford them later. Work hard, party harder.

bumm

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 03:46:36 PM

This is my first post. Please do respect

My post intention is to help readers to save their money.

Some of the employee are not saving their money. They spend it on things that they dont need. For example gadgets,buying a concert ticket, accesories, etc.Buying things that not they need is also like a wasting money. Because this thing give a happiness  not a good life. Saving money is just like securing your future because your savings can help you in emergencies. These are the way to save money .
If you are empolyee. You must save atleast 20% of your salary. The 20% of your salary divides into two .

The 1st way : cash reserves- medical insurance, retirement, life insurance  and if you not have salary yet. And emergency. But dont spend all of you 10% in this emergency. You must know if the injury is serious o not before you spend the 10%.
The cash reserves must equal of your 6 months salary this will help you and ensure you becauas of you loss your job you have extra money .

The 2nd way : investment, business- you can invest in some company so that you have a extra income. And you can also built a small business that will always have an income like apartment.

Example. My wage is $ 7.5 per hour and i work for 8 hours and i work for 20 days. So thar my salary is $1,160 . The 20% of $1,160 is $232 .
So that my cash reserves is $ 116 i can spend this money in emergencies and medical insurance.
If my 6 month salary is $6,960 i can stop my saving money in cash reserves.

Thank you .

Great analysis and suggestions. This truly defines a proper way of managing your hard-earned money. It doesn't matter if a person is earning low or high until it is being properly managed. Well thought out plan.
Thanks. but some people can't still understand my point, they have so many question that they can only answer it by them selves. By experienced it or they would realize.

Doesn't matter Smiley as long as your work is of help to atleast few people, it is fine. It would have been a problem, if none of them got it  Cheesy
josephliton

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:01:13 PM

Some of the employee are not saving their money. They spend it on things that they dont need. For example gadgets,buying a concert ticket, accesories, etc.Buying things that not they need is also like a wasting money. Because this thing give a happiness  not a good life. Saving money is just like securing your future because your savings can help you in emergencies. These are the way to save money .
If you are empolyee. You must save atleast 20% of your salary. The 20% of your salary divides into two .

The 1st way : cash reserves- medical insurance, retirement, life insurance  and if you not have salary yet. And emergency. But dont spend all of you 10% in this emergency. You must know if the injury is serious o not before you spend the 10%.
The cash reserves must equal of your 6 months salary this will help you and ensure you becauas of you loss your job you have extra money .

The 2nd way : investment, business- you can invest in some company so that you have a extra income. And you can also built a small business that will always have an income like apartment.

Example. My wage is $ 7.5 per hour and i work for 8 hours and i work for 20 days. So thar my salary is $1,160 . The 20% of $1,160 is $232 .
So that my cash reserves is $ 116 i can spend this money in emergencies and medical insurance.

Thank you .

If you pay yourself first, then money will get saved because paying yourself is now your first priority. The nice thing about this method is if your budget is a little tight, it forces you to make adjustments elsewhere and your savings continue to grow.

Paying yourself first also makes sense. Why are you going to work everyday anyway? To earn money for someone else? No way. You go to work to earn money for you and your family. That’s why you should pay yourself first—to make sure that your first priority is taken care of: you. It is not likely that anyone else is going to take care of you because they assume that you are taking care of yourself.

mikaljan

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:03:39 PM

Some of the employee are not saving their money. They spend it on things that they dont need. For example gadgets,buying a concert ticket, accesories, etc.Buying things that not they need is also like a wasting money. Because this thing give a happiness  not a good life. Saving money is just like securing your future because your savings can help you in emergencies. These are the way to save money .

The 1st way : cash reserves- medical insurance, retirement, life insurance  and if you not have salary yet. And emergency. But dont spend all of you 10% in this emergency. You must know if the injury is serious o not before you spend the 10%.

Thank you .

Use debit and credit cards prudently. To minimize interest charges, try to limit credit card purchases to those you can pay off in full at the end of the month. If you use a debit card, don't rely on an overdraft feature to spend money you don't have. With either approach, you'll have more money available for emergency savings.

Sethtabiah

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:04:59 PM

Some of the employee are not saving their money. They spend it on things that they dont need. For example gadgets,buying a concert ticket, accesories, etc.Buying things that not they need is also like a wasting money. Because this thing give a happiness  not a good life. Saving money is just like securing your future because your savings can help you in emergencies. These are the way to save money .

The 1st way : cash reserves- medical insurance, retirement, life insurance  and if you not have salary yet. And emergency. But dont spend all of you 10% in this emergency. You must know if the injury is serious o not before you spend the 10%.

Thank you .

Never purchase expensive items on impulse. Think over each expensive purchase for at least 24 hours. Acting on this principle will mean you have far fewer regrets about impulse purchases, and far more money for emergency savings.

.          █▄▄ ▄ █▄ ■■ ◥◣◢◤      Professional Crypto and GHash Exchange                                          ** 0% Fee Trades Until September **
.          █▄█ █ █▄ ■■ ◢◤◥◣      USD  EUR  GBP  LTC  BTC
..                  Spend Bitcoin Anywhere in the World with your bit-x Debit Card
kencoles

Activity: 244

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:06:49 PM

Thank you .

Most people don’t track what they spend and may not realize when expenses add up to more than their budget can handle. To keep track of what you spend, put what you think you should spend for the month on transportation, food, entertainment, etc., into envelopes. This will help you avoid buying things you don’t need, and what’s left over can go into saving.

gobpaul

Activity: 336

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:09:13 PM

Thank you .

Assess your communications costs. As Internet and wireless use grows, many consumers are overpaying for unneeded communications capacity. For example, if you have a cell phone and two phone lines -- one for your computer -- consider receiving personal calls on your cell phone so you can give up one of the phone lines.

mackbells

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:14:43 PM

Thank you .

Assess clothing in terms of quality as well as price. An inexpensive shirt or coat is a poor bargain if it wears out in less than a year. Consider fabric, stitching, washability, and other quality related factors in your selection of clothes.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

josephliton

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:21:31 PM

Assess clothing in terms of quality as well as price. An inexpensive shirt or coat is a poor bargain if it wears out in less than a year. Consider fabric, stitching, washability, and other quality related factors in your selection of clothes.

I am not agree with your opinion.

The very best method to saving money is to create a Spending Plan or a Budget (learn how to make a budget). With a budget you figure out what your income is and what your expenses are. Once you know these two things, you can look for ways to reduce your expenses or increase your income to allocate an amount of money that you can afford to save. This is how the world’s largest corporations do it and this is how most of the world’s successful business people do it. This method takes a little bit of work at the beginning and a check-up every year or two, but it works.

The secret to this method (if you want to call it that) is to identify what you are spending money on so that you can begin to plan your spending. Once you begin to plan your spending, you will gain control over it and you will be able to plan to spend money on your savings. In other words, you will plan to put money into your savings account. Many people don’t like to plan their spending because it involves a little bit of work (once a year). No one is saying that success will come easily, but this little bit of work will pay off big time in many areas of your finances. We dare you to try it - what have you got to lose?

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:23:54 PM

Isn't it possible to share Netflix account with other people also ?

It is, although I'm not sure whether this applies for each kind of membership (there are multiple). I share the most expensive on with 4 friends; you can actually watch movies/series with 4 persons at the same time (so only 1 person cannot watch movies/series at the very same time as the rest does). And this only cost me like €2,xx per month.

Besides that, here on Bitcointalk véry cheap Netflix accounts are offered. Some of them might not be legally obtained though.. I decided to simply pay the €2,xx per month.

I just assumed that everyone is already doing whatever they can to earn more...

Well, not really. When I'm really in the need of money I do. I try to find other extra ways to make money (read: legally, and just "normal" ways to make money..) I will do work that is even far below my educational level. I've had a period in which I lost a part time job, and I had to work at a farm to cover all my costs. I made many hours (for a wage that was even less than half I was used to) but I liked it though Wink. It also made me loose some weight hehe.

Nowadays, I try to find an optimal balance between work and spare-time. I've got an extra job in which I can determine whether I want to work or not, when, and how many hours I will make. Works great Wink

If you ever check out the digital goods section, you usually see like 2-3 threads on netflix accounts, which are also trying to be given in the gambling section.

Not hard to pretty much to get a free online version like hulu plus, but netflix is very limited on shows.
Don007
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:01:45 PM

*snip*
If you ever check out the digital goods section, you usually see like 2-3 threads on netflix accounts, which are also trying to be given in the gambling section.

Not hard to pretty much to get a free online version like hulu plus, but netflix is very limited on shows.

That is what I was talking about indeed. There are also a few topics in which you can buy Netflix accounts really cheap.

Sure, Netflix does not offer all movies and all series, but I don't think there is a need for that. The hours I've spent with Netflix were great. Eventhough their amount of series and movies is limited, they've got quite some good movies and series available for all the users. I don't have anything to complain about Netflix (it also works great; click a movie / serie and it will start in great quality and with subtitles). It works better than illegal alternatives (and besides that, it is legal).

techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:43:38 PM

Thank you .

I rather go with the 2nd way.

By the way, your cash flow is your ability of hacking it or not. And when I mean hack, I mean forms of anything can form you a profit that beats a 1 hr wage workers pay.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:08:40 AM

Just to add to this, i fully agree that buying clothes or shoes should deserve more attention than most people give it, although high price in general doesn't even remotely guarantee quality.
Cutting expenses is the most effective way to save money in the short run, but i generally prefer investing to cut or reduce the cost (like that water well i was talking about earlier in thread.
In the end, you do want to save money, but also not to look like a bum.

cheers

Dotakels (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:38:43 AM

Thank you .

I rather go with the 2nd way.

By the way, your cash flow is your ability of hacking it or not. And when I mean hack, I mean forms of anything can form you a profit that beats a 1 hr wage workers pay.
You can say that you have a job that have a high wage? i think its hard to find a job that the have a high paying method is wage. More on the most paying method is the salary.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: