Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:46:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: how excited are you for the DOGED rebranding to VERGE?!
insanely! - 42 (54.5%)
very! - 11 (14.3%)
sdalkjsldkfj YES! - 3 (3.9%)
Cheesy - 21 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 77

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DOGED][REBRANDING TO $XVG] DogeCoinDark [Scrypt][privacy/TOR/i2P resources]  (Read 206266 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HarveyOne

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 02:31:43 PM

I don't get how there are still billions of Cogs oops I mean Dogeds  Grin still left on Cryptsy the thing will sink pretty soon and in that case billions will simply vanish for good.
They will not vanish, they only will be "somewhere else" - just like stolen money  Shocked Cry
take_off

Activity: 396
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:11:27 PM

I don't get how there are still billions of Cogs oops I mean Dogeds  Grin still left on Cryptsy the thing will sink pretty soon and in that case billions will simply vanish for good.
They will not vanish, they only will be "somewhere else" - just like stolen money  Shocked Cry

leaving you coins on a exchange is a gamble on a good day,be your own bank thats what cryptocurrency is all about.
as for cryptsy, i dont know how many red flags are necessary for some people,i hope everyone can get out of there with little loss
and this doesnt become mtgox2 if its does fail.sadly if your lucky enough to find a coin to get out with (85 wallets in maintenance)
you well probably take some kind of loss ,unless you buy something you want to invest in long term(doged)  Smiley

as for name change i do like doged ,but a name change might be needed to gain some new traction and break away from doge association

+1 COGS

not Incognito, just COGS
and couldnt the ticker just be COGS?

my 2 COGS
bitLeap

Activity: 1190
Merit: 486

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:16:13 PM

I don't get how there are still billions of Cogs oops I mean Dogeds  Grin still left on Cryptsy the thing will sink pretty soon and in that case billions will simply vanish for good.
They will not vanish, they only will be "somewhere else" - just like stolen money  Shocked Cry

leaving you coins on a exchange is a gamble on a good day,be your own bank thats what cryptocurrency is all about.
as for cryptsy, i dont know how many red flags are necessary for some people,i hope everyone can get out of there with little loss
and this doesnt become mtgox2 if its does fail.sadly if your lucky enough to find a coin to get out with (85 wallets in maintenance)
you well probably take some kind of loss ,unless you buy something you want to invest in long term(doged)  Smiley

as for name change i do like doged ,but a name change might be needed to gain some new traction and break away from doge association

+1 COGS

not Incognito, just COGS

my 2 COGS

funny you have less than 30% of all *COGS  Grin trading on Trex if something really bad happens to Cryptsy you won't see a wall big enough to hold COGS getting to the dark side of the moon. Remember this is as good as any top 5 coins out there and it's pure PoW! It has shown huge potential and compared to other Alt coins it's still holding strong even with BTC skyrocketing

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
endoffiat

Activity: 203

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 09:24:53 PM

If a rebranding is successful, i may have to buy some DOGED poker chips as a collectors item  Cheesy

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
HarveyOne

Activity: 129

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 09:55:46 PM

I don't get how there are still billions of Cogs oops I mean Dogeds  Grin still left on Cryptsy the thing will sink pretty soon and in that case billions will simply vanish for good.
They will not vanish, they only will be "somewhere else" - just like stolen money  Shocked Cry

you well probably take some kind of loss ,unless you buy something you want to invest in long term(doged)  Smiley

+1 COGS

not Incognito, just COGS

my 2 COGS

funny you have less than 30% of all *COGS  Grin trading on Trex if something really bad happens to Cryptsy you won't see a wall big enough to hold COGS getting to the dark side of the moon. Remember this is as good as any top 5 coins out there and it's pure PoW! It has shown huge potential and compared to other Alt coins it's still holding strong even with BTC skyrocketing
You see BTC skyrocketing? With this sideway movement?
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 10:45:01 PM

Lol COGs is not a name for a coin.
Why whould you consider it as the only other option?

On a sidenote I would like COG better.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 10:57:17 PM

+1 COGS

not Incognito, just COGS

my 2 COGS

You see BTC skyrocketing? With this sideway movement?

i think he means vs where it was a couple months ago, which is when many alts dropped in price, because of people taking profits.. if you are watching hourly, no its not skyrocketing. if you have been watching for the past few years, it's absolutely skyrocketing.

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
Yolo123

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 02:12:46 AM

not sure how to vote?

COGS with XCG ticker is nice!!
CryptocurrencyNetwork

Activity: 420

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 02:15:52 AM

Lol COGs is not a name for a coin.
Why whould you consider it as the only other option?

On a sidenote I would like COG better.
COGS is a business industry term for "cost of goods sold", while COG means nothing. However, COGS is typically denominated in some other named monetary instrument, which is why I suggested simply "money" as a formal name and COGS as a ticker symbol. People from other languages could then easily call it by a known term.

COG does mean something.  A COG engages with another COG and motion in one will result in motion of the other.

It also fit in with incognito - we can't lose the essence of the DOGED spirit.

Change of the Guard

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 02:19:33 AM

not sure how to vote?

I don't think newbies can vote.

I'm not really a fan of the name change. I do kind of like that COGS doesn't exude the anonymity aspect of the coin, and I think it's a pretty good name, but rebranding from something silly to something anonymous focused to something more generic hasn't really helped ducknote --> darknote --> digitalnote (or one might argue xcoin --> darkcoin --> dash). Dogecoindark would go from something silly and something anonymous to something more generic, but still, kind of the same. At this point in the coin's existence, changing the name just makes it seem like there is something to hide, imo.
daggerpunt

Activity: 91

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 03:47:18 AM

How many posts do I need to make to be able to start voting on things?

_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
endoffiat

Activity: 203

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 05:39:06 AM

not sure how to vote?

I'm not really a fan of the name change. I do kind of like that COGS doesn't exude the anonymity aspect of the coin, and I think it's a pretty good name, but rebranding from something silly to something anonymous focused to something more generic hasn't really helped ducknote --> darknote --> digitalnote (or one might argue xcoin --> darkcoin --> dash). Dogecoindark would go from something silly and something anonymous to something more generic, but still, kind of the same. At this point in the coin's existence, changing the name just makes it seem like there is something to hide, imo.
sorry  jwinterm but DOGECOINDARK was never silly. anonymous yes, but never silly. dogecoin is a silly coin, What does it offer. NOTHING               

It is my belief that people who see the word DOGE in any coin name, will instantly think it is a copy of DOGECOIN. without really looking at the coin seriously.

the further away from the word DOGE we are, the better off this great coin will be.

This is an amazing coin that should be creating it's own legacy, and not being held back by peoples misconceptions about the name. (dogecopycoin)

these are just my opinions of course  Wink

CryptocurrencyNetwork

Activity: 420

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 07:45:03 AM

DogedDev a few more posts and you become a "HERO"  Wink

You are already "LEGENDARY" in my books!

nubbins7

Activity: 566

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 09:20:06 AM

not sure how to vote?

sorry  jwinterm but DOGECOINDARK was never silly. anonymous yes, but never silly. dogecoin is a silly coin, What does it offer. NOTHING               

It is my belief that people who see the word DOGE in any coin name, will instantly think it is a copy of DOGECOIN. without really looking at the coin seriously.

the further away from the word DOGE we are, the better off this great coin will be.

This is an amazing coin that should be creating it's own legacy, and not being held back by peoples misconceptions about the name. (dogecopycoin)

these are just my opinions of course  Wink

Amen to that well said Cool
nubbins7

Activity: 566

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 09:22:23 AM

DogedDev a few more posts and you become a "HERO"  Wink

You are already "LEGENDARY" in my books!

Indeed! great Dev! and a good man! Smiley
Zedux

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 12:38:08 PM

Hi guys just passing by to say that I support the name change Dogecoin feeds on DOGED but the opposite isn't true. It's time the coin fly on its own.

daggerpunt

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 05:39:05 PM

Does nobody have any more name suggestions? How do ya'll feel about going with a Latin word like Opertum, which means veiled in Latin?

daggerpunt

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 05:42:12 PM

Or what about the word Nubibus meaning shrouded, mixed with bit? We could call it Nubibit.

toilet

Activity: 122

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:57:40 PM

Or what about the word Nubibus meaning shrouded, mixed with bit? We could call it Nubibit.

the only problem i see with this name (nubibit), is that there is an already well established crypto called nubits. it could confuse someone.

something that stands on its own with no relation or similar name would be the best

host of shitcoin talk
daggerpunt

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 08:05:24 PM

the only problem i see with this name (nubibit), is that there is an already well established crypto called nubits. it could confuse someone.

something that stands on its own with no relation or similar name would be the best

Dang. I didn't even think about Nubits. Just when you think you are being clever...

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: