Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:10:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: how excited are you for the DOGED rebranding to VERGE?!
insanely! - 42 (54.5%)
very! - 11 (14.3%)
sdalkjsldkfj YES! - 3 (3.9%)
Cheesy - 21 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 77

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DOGED][REBRANDING TO $XVG] DogeCoinDark [Scrypt][privacy/TOR/i2P resources]  (Read 206272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
idosedthekoolaid

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 04:46:13 PM

moar  gameage.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

https://i.imgur.com/TBgsCZo.jpg
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 05:08:01 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2015, 05:56:16 PM by Dogedarkdev

How are doged people feeling about all the bitcoin core v. xt controversy? Supporting bigger blocks? Believing all the tor blacklisting bullshit? Just curious what other darkdoges thoughts on the subject are...

personally i think tor blacklisting, and the fact that it uses clearnet is just silly/pointless.

I'm syncing xt now. I support larger blocks, and this is the only client out there now with larger blocks (possibly to be) implemented, and though I'm not a tor user (torista? torrador?), the tor blacklisting seems to be way overblown. It doesn't blacklist anyone, it's just an attempt to mitigate ddos attacks on nodes that apparently tend to originate from tor - see this reddit explanation:

The "transaction blocking" or "Tor blocking" "blacklisting" as variously claimed by FUD-spreader (or confused people) is an anti-DDoS measure that only activates when connections are saturated, i.e. when you're attacked and your node will go dark anyway if you don't do something. Which one will you like, de-prioritizing Tor nodes and hobble along, or just go down in the spirit of fairness?
To be fair the implementation is a bit ham-fisted and not really that effective (can be circumvented with minor effort), but to call it "blacklisting" is just dishonest. If you read Mike's reply originally posted by /u/liliIllill[1]  (below), XT actually includes some bugfixes that improve your node's ability to survive non-responding peers and still relax tx.
The "de-anonymizing" part is where XT fetches a list of Tor exit nodes for the de-prioritization described above (from the Tor project itself!). Allegedly it "exposes what your node is doing". But in fact:
As Mike repeatedly pointed out, you already broadcast to the world, loud and clear, that you run a Bitcoin node at your place by putting it on the internet and relaying tx. Fetching a list from the Tor project doesn't change that.
If you're behind a proxy, the fetching doesn't happen. Nope, it doesn't destroy your efforts to stay private.
You can manually disable the whole de-prioritization list thing (and hence stop fetching) in a single line if you really, really hate it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoinxt/comments/3hrey7/hot_topic_of_the_day_discuss_the_tor/

i support larger blocks as well.. but heres the thing though.. once you hit clearnet (regular internet) with a wallet that was on tor, and go back to tor, you are no longer private, as your wallet address becomes associated with your real ip. theres no point to using the wallet with tor when its reaching out to clearnet anyway.

my prediction: bitcoinxt will fail, and bitcoin will just implement larger block sizes, and carry on about business.

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
idosedthekoolaid

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 06:00:22 PM

<dogedDEV> webcam controls work now on the faucet
<dogedDEV> u can control it with your head now
<dogedDEV> lol

w00t.  Grin Grin Grin

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 08:59:44 PM

my prediction: bitcoinxt will fail, and bitcoin will just implement larger block sizes, and carry on about business.

If core implements bip 101, then i don't think xt was a failure at all. I mean, if enough people run xt that core is pushed to implement bip 101, then we basically go back to the same position we're in now (or were six months ago), where xt is just an alternative client. This is kind of my expectation at the moment.

Anywho, keep up the good work doges.
* jwinterm should buy some more doged
bitLeap

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 11:32:25 PM

How are doged people feeling about all the bitcoin core v. xt controversy? Supporting bigger blocks? Believing all the tor blacklisting bullshit? Just curious what other darkdoges thoughts on the subject are...

personally i think tor blacklisting, and the fact that it uses clearnet is just silly/pointless.

agreed.  also i don't understand why they couldn't work out some sort of experiment with testnet to test ideas about blocksize? or crunch some simulations?

* idosedthekoolaid shrugs

bitcoin-xt feels funny to me. i smell rats, or pigs. or something like that.

agreed

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
bitLeap

Activity: 1218

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 11:35:48 PM

I'm syncing xt now. I support larger blocks, and this is the only client out there now with larger blocks (possibly to be) implemented, and though I'm not a tor user (torista? torrador?), the tor blacklisting seems to be way overblown. It doesn't blacklist anyone, it's just an attempt to mitigate ddos attacks on nodes that apparently tend to originate from tor - see this reddit explanation:

The "transaction blocking" or "Tor blocking" "blacklisting" as variously claimed by FUD-spreader (or confused people) is an anti-DDoS measure that only activates when connections are saturated, i.e. when you're attacked and your node will go dark anyway if you don't do something. Which one will you like, de-prioritizing Tor nodes and hobble along, or just go down in the spirit of fairness?
To be fair the implementation is a bit ham-fisted and not really that effective (can be circumvented with minor effort), but to call it "blacklisting" is just dishonest. If you read Mike's reply originally posted by /u/liliIllill[1]  (below), XT actually includes some bugfixes that improve your node's ability to survive non-responding peers and still relax tx.
The "de-anonymizing" part is where XT fetches a list of Tor exit nodes for the de-prioritization described above (from the Tor project itself!). Allegedly it "exposes what your node is doing". But in fact:
As Mike repeatedly pointed out, you already broadcast to the world, loud and clear, that you run a Bitcoin node at your place by putting it on the internet and relaying tx. Fetching a list from the Tor project doesn't change that.
If you're behind a proxy, the fetching doesn't happen. Nope, it doesn't destroy your efforts to stay private.
You can manually disable the whole de-prioritization list thing (and hence stop fetching) in a single line if you really, really hate it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoinxt/comments/3hrey7/hot_topic_of_the_day_discuss_the_tor/

i support larger blocks as well.. but heres the thing though.. once you hit clearnet (regular internet) with a wallet that was on tor, and go back to tor, you are no longer private, as your wallet address becomes associated with your real ip. theres no point to using the wallet with tor when its reaching out to clearnet anyway.

you should be in BTC core dev team  Grin I guess not or we wouldnt had gotten Doged  Smiley

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
g0ldm0ney10

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 11:43:10 PM

Going back to the name change, I personally think that changing the name would be a good thing, just not sure what to change it too.  It seems (most other coins) are quite higher that we are over here and DOGE has a bad taste in peoples mouths.  Just my opinion because I love the coin, just want to see it be better and more!  And I think we are headed that way, just think a name change would be a good thing and would get us away from the DOGE coin area.  Just my 2 cents as I am fully into this coin and want it to succeed!!  Smiley

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////__///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
idosedthekoolaid

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 02:34:08 AM

Going back to the name change, I personally think that changing the name would be a good thing, just not sure what to change it too.  It seems (most other coins) are quite higher that we are over here and DOGE has a bad taste in peoples mouths.  Just my opinion because I love the coin, just want to see it be better and more!  And I think we are headed that way, just think a name change would be a good thing and would get us away from the DOGE coin area.  Just my 2 cents as I am fully into this coin and want it to succeed!!  Smiley

I dunno mayne. Personally I think any new name would have to be completely badASS and just 100% perfect no question about it for rebranding to be worth a darn.

We need more widespread mining, we need good distribution, which means we need to step up as a community and reach out to people and get them some coin and we need to EXCHANGE IT FOR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.

It isn't money, unless you can trade it for STUFF.

This isn't a PnD coin, hyped to  alphacentauri and back destined for the landfill after the ejaculatory 1st peak makes some dishonest fuckhead fake money from thin air so he can off it for "real" fake money. It's a budding ecosystem of obfuscated P2P transactions built upon existing and somewhat well-explored "anonymizing" technologies.

Gimmicks IMO help the FAR less than the former. The latter choice will flower all by itself; why mess with the momentum?
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 02:56:01 AM

Thanks for some one sell at 5satosi look price now
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-DOGED

i will hold and waiting 10sat  Grin
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 03:05:35 AM

Only 10?

forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 04:19:11 AM

i will hold for 50 sat!

yolo
layer1gfx
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109

Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 07:26:04 AM

<toilethumor>

someone couldn't hold it

</toilethumor>
idosedthekoolaid

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 07:28:58 AM

maybe we could call it $SCHIZO and rename it every month or so to drive the price out into the Black...

...but then we might have to deal with Reavers.
* idosedthekoolaid shudders and curses in Mandarin.

btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:41:28 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2015, 03:13:11 PM by btccashacc

i will hold and waiting 10sat  Grin

<toilethumor>

someone couldn't hold it

</toilethumor>

nice joke  Cool
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 12:48:15 PM

here's the new game faucet  Cool

VDechand

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 12:56:04 PM

One person can play this game on twitch to hope a lot of people see this Smiley
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 05:43:54 PM

here's the new game faucet  Cool

One person can play this game on twitch to hope a lot of people see this Smiley

forgot to mention, its possible to get up to 1000 coins in a win.. but you have to be good..

object of the game is to not hit asteroids, and collect doged coins and rainbow spheres along the way Cheesy

(...and now back to more serious doged resources, like the electrum web wallet  Cool )

A_McGriff

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 09:38:44 AM

This is fantastic!!!!

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
_///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 12:16:14 PM

maybe we could call it $SCHIZO and rename it every month or so to drive the price out into the Black...

Grin Pretty good description of how this has come along
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 05:24:51 PM

Grin Pretty good description of how this has come along

oh, the best part is, we're not even halfway done yet.. i still have so many more releases coming up..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: