Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:42:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: how excited are you for the DOGED rebranding to VERGE?!
insanely! - 42 (54.5%)
very! - 11 (14.3%)
sdalkjsldkfj YES! - 3 (3.9%)
Cheesy - 21 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 77

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DOGED][REBRANDING TO $XVG] DogeCoinDark [Scrypt][privacy/TOR/i2P resources]  (Read 206270 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 06:38:39 PM

Stick to doged  I like it and no doubt re branding would just bring more questions up. Some coins re branded past and present and it killed them off. Some at the start re branded as wasn't to keen on the name of it but that was at the start of the coins life. Having a coin being around as long as Doged amount of design and other things put into it to re brand it into something else now I would be against it. Plus this coin needs a good video like doge coin has maybe make one when I have some time if I get too it:)

yeah, especially now that doge's main dev is gone.. someone needs to pick up the slack.. we have less coins, we're fun, have a HUGE community, and we're private, so the name is perfect as is.

Cool

Which dev are you talking about? 

jackson palmer? was pretty big news. langerhans is still around though.

Man, you almost gave me a heart attack - I def consider langerhans the main dev (but there are two other really good ones too - all three devs are professionals in their own right, one of whom has a PhD and works for Oracle), and that's who I thought you were talking about.  Jackson hasn't been in on the dev side of things in well over a year - even prior to him going on hiatus.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 06:40:41 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2015, 07:04:02 PM by Dogedarkdev

tonight, deric will be on the show, to talk about his involvement in anonymous with the steubenville rape case, more recent follow ups, and general talk.. make sure you tune in, 11pm EST, 10pm CST

http://dogecoindark.net/radio

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
DJ_Rick

Activity: 241
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 10:42:27 PM

re-branding would be ridiculous

I think re-branders are hype train followers....  keeping it real..

Doge Coin Dark Radio
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 11:57:39 PM

show starts in 3 hours!  10pm CST / 11pm EST

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 12:24:12 AM

Stick to doged  I like it and no doubt re branding would just bring more questions up. Some coins re branded past and present and it killed them off. Some at the start re branded as wasn't to keen on the name of it but that was at the start of the coins life. Having a coin being around as long as Doged amount of design and other things put into it to re brand it into something else now I would be against it. Plus this coin needs a good video like doge coin has maybe make one when I have some time if I get too it:)

yeah, especially now that doge's main dev is gone.. someone needs to pick up the slack.. we have less coins, we're fun, have a HUGE community, and we're private, so the name is perfect as is.

Cool

Wow did not know that they lost their main dev when did that happen. Guessing the merge of the coin being merge mineable really has killed off doge coin in more ways than others can see.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 12:37:43 AM

Cool

Wow did not know that they lost their main dev when did that happen. Guessing the merge of the coin being merge mineable really has killed off doge coin in more ways than others can see.

they'll survive for a bit, but the price has to drop, with over 100+ billion out there, with 10k per block still being produced every minute.. we're currently at 12,500 per block, at 9 billion and next halving is 6,250, etc...

anywho, hope everyones excited for the doged radio show tonight!

mrsalve

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 01:06:16 AM

Cool

they'll survive for a bit, but the price has to drop, with over 100+ billion out there, with 10k per block still being produced every minute.. we're currently at 12,500 per block, at 9 billion and next halving is 6,250, etc...

It's all good but unfortunetly mining costs currently more then profit of it.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 01:17:18 AM

Cool

Nice you got raido running you looking for live DJs ? maybe do a live set for the young guns if into dark dance and hard dirty dark tech Tongue

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 02:25:28 AM

starting in 30 minutes!

retweet this: https://twitter.com/Dogedcoin/status/639987540712423424

chat room is starting to fill up Cheesy

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 03:06:18 AM

LIVE NOW!!!

take_off

Activity: 396
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 03:22:13 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2015, 07:56:19 PM by take_off

I like the hardcore dev skillz, but would you ever consider rebranding?

I dont think we are at that point yet,but this coin and dev are better than the doge name brand that people well attach it to,this is one of the best coins out there
(diffently the best anonymous coin) and one of the best devs if not the best,marketing is where  more attention should be payed to.

A donation webpage should be set up for PR projects and bounties offered for said projects,im sure we have some capable people here.
Myself i don't have the skills ,but i well gladly donate to projects to support this great coin and dev.

" If I only had two dollars left I would spend one dollar on PR. "

Bill Gates

VDechand

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 06:54:35 PM

one of the best devs if not the best,marketing is where  more attention should be payed to.

10/10 would agree Grin
A_McGriff

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 08:14:44 PM

What are your ideas?

I don't really have any ideas, I just wanted to bring the idea up and see what you guys thought. Not to be rude but when I hear DogeCoinDark I just think its such a joke.

The word "Doge" or "Dogecoin" does not invoke a joke theme anymore. The word "Doge" has become synonymous with the idea of a smaller version of Bitcoin. So i'm not worried about the name. Not worried about the word "Dark" either. Maybe rebrand in five years to "DogecoinElite" when the price has far surpassed that of the original Dogecoin, but for now the name "DogecoinDark" lets people know immediately that they are getting an affordable anonymous coin. And for anyone that discovers this coin and is curious enough to do some research, i.e. come here and read this message board, they'll quickly find out that this is a coin on the forefront of anonymous tech.

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
_///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 11:27:07 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2015, 01:08:53 AM by Dogedarkdev

What are your ideas?

I don't really have any ideas, I just wanted to bring the idea up and see what you guys thought. Not to be rude but when I hear DogeCoinDark I just think its such a joke.

The word "Doge" or "Dogecoin" does not invoke a joke theme anymore. The word "Doge" has become synonymous with the idea of a smaller version of Bitcoin. So i'm not worried about the name. Not worried about the word "Dark" either. Maybe rebrand in five years to "DogecoinElite" when the price has far surpassed that of the original Dogecoin, but for now the name "DogecoinDark" lets people know immediately that they are getting an affordable anonymous coin. And for anyone that discovers this coin and is curious enough to do some research, i.e. come here and read this message board, they'll quickly find out that this is a coin on the forefront of anonymous tech.

yeah thats how i feel as well =]

we have alot of firsts in the crypto world, like our i2p electrum server, i2p web wallets, etc..  and still plenty more to come!

hope everyone tuned in to the radio show last night had a blast!

we have some more pretty amazing guests lined up over the next few weeks, they'll be announced after confirmation.

have a great weekend/labor day!  Cool

idosedthekoolaid

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 01:12:29 AM

yeah thats how i feel as well =]

x3 then Smiley

well-put, A_McGriff.
idosedthekoolaid

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 01:34:53 AM

Nice you got raido running you looking for live DJs ? maybe do a live set for the young guns if into dark dance and hard dirty dark tech Tongue

what is this "dark dance" of which you speak?

don't be afraid to say darkpsy, not everyone is scared Wink
* idosedthekoolaid does zorak laugh

The radio station IMO could definitely use some variety at the least; I used to bump it just in case RickStoner popped on but I'm just not a classic rock nut.

<3 Rick's interviews and whatnot, and usually the music he plays when he's on. Just whatever station gets relayed in downtime ain't my bag.

BTW if any of you haven't listened to RickStoner's shows on DOGEDRadio you are really missing out, not only does he do a great job with the content, the production quality is very good. It sounds "professional" like a slick corporate radio station except the content isn't drivel, it's fun, informative, and usually interactive via IRC or call-in. Or trollbox on an exchange that's being discussed, etc.

CoinMetal is fucking awesome, i need more of it in my life erock23!

bitLeap

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 03:59:54 AM

What are your ideas?

yep I agree with that too. Definately DOGED will surpass DOGE's value per coin in the near future. When panic sets in the financial system we'll see some major price changes

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:06:13 PM

What are your ideas?

yep I agree with that too. Definately DOGED will surpass DOGE's value per coin in the near future. When panic sets in the financial system we'll see some major price changes

We are already seeing the cracks in Europe with greece and the UK's need for immigrants to keep the economy going. The only thing that makes the times good is war. Certainly the financial system will collapse it has to there is no other way. When it does Cryptos will rule for sure as gold can't because the governments own too much of it.. Anyway comparing the value of DOGED to FIAT makes no sense to me really unless you re just buying into the coin to make money.

To peel or not to peel.
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 08:40:17 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2015, 08:52:24 PM by crazyearner

What are your ideas?

We are already seeing the cracks in Europe with greece and the UK's need for immigrants to keep the economy going. The only thing that makes the times good is war. Certainly the financial system will collapse it has to there is no other way. When it does Cryptos will rule for sure as gold can't because the governments own too much of it.. Anyway comparing the value of DOGED to FIAT makes no sense to me really unless you re just buying into the coin to make money.

UK's need for immigrants pff at that. They need to stop bringing them in pisses me off, inviting them in and they get everything as were UK citizens get fuck all and it is us TAX payers who have to pay for all their shit. Oh come to UK we give you everything you need bleed us dry and go back home as most do. Over 330,000 immigrants  let in 2015 so far and counting, is a total joke due to the open house policy, letting any person in. This is draining our resources and making things worse than curing or making things better. The UK government need to go back to a limited amount of people allowed in each year, than current situation. Am not  discriminating against people coming in it is the fact of how many is coming in that is the problem. Go back to how was problem solved. No need to being in almost half million people  stop this from happening in UK and other areas of the world it will solve its problems.

And back on subject indeed DODGED will indeed pass Doges value after seeing devs dropping off and merged mining is no doubt going to deal its faith and become a less competitive coin.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Sk8tebird

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 10:51:11 PM

I also think doged gonna explode one day !!! This is the only real anonymous coin and i think it can have a great market for that !! Doged dev is one of the best ive ever seen. This dude rocks at coding and graphic. Doged is my gold, i keep it and sleep knowing it'll keep its value. People gonna understand one day. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: