Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:34:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: how excited are you for the DOGED rebranding to VERGE?!
insanely! - 42 (54.5%)
very! - 11 (14.3%)
sdalkjsldkfj YES! - 3 (3.9%)
Cheesy - 21 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 77

Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DOGED][REBRANDING TO $XVG] DogeCoinDark [Scrypt][privacy/TOR/i2P resources]  (Read 206257 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ozboy2014

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 04:34:49 AM

Has VER been taken?

we want it to start with X and only be 3 characters to fit into the new ISO standard being implemented.
Ok fair enough

yeah, otherwise we would want something like you suggested, VER, VERG or VRGE or something..

im pretty excited about VERGE/XVG

i think people are finally going to look at our resources n realize we are the top privacy coin out there, and no one comes close to our anonymity/privacy, or our anonymity/privacy resources.

we still have anonymity components that people think cant be done! (and many more on the way, under the new VERGE name!)

z.cash has started to implement things along these line.. If we can beat them to it and with the name change, people will see VERGE in a different light.

EDIT: they've got a github
https://github.com/Electric-Coin-Company/zcash
http://www.wired.com/2016/01/zcash-an-untraceable-bitcoin-alternative-launches-in-alpha/

well we have beat them to it, early last year lol, and as far as i can see in the source code, there is nothing stopping the ip address of the users across the network..

thats why we needed this rebrand, no one took us seriously and stuff like this is making news, when its already been out!

I see. So in this instance the barriers could possibly be the stigma around the name being identified with DOGE and the ease of use  i.e. the ability of lay person being able to take the coin with all its functionalities and use it without having to go through a full technical  crash course to do so?  Grin Grin

EDIT:
Question: How can a Chinese lay person take advantage of VERGE's anonymity from country like China without having to setup/configure a full blown darkweb environment before they can use it?

Instead of trying to create a platform(s) that will cater for different users, is there a way to use the blockchain as a platform to do all these work/config and have users to just "tap/log" into it via vpn or the like to carry out their transactions?
I'm going there in a little over a month and have a lot of experience with China. This is something I might be able to help.

What kind of experience do you have with China? Do you write and speak Chinese?

I have experienced Chinese girls.. I mean with Chinese girls... does that qualify me?  Grin
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptocurrencyNetwork

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 04:38:36 AM

Has VER been taken?

we want it to start with X and only be 3 characters to fit into the new ISO standard being implemented.
Ok fair enough

yeah, otherwise we would want something like you suggested, VER, VERG or VRGE or something..

i think people are finally going to look at our resources n realize we are the top privacy coin out there, and no one comes close to our anonymity/privacy, or our anonymity/privacy resources.

we still have anonymity components that people think cant be done! (and many more on the way, under the new VERGE name!)

z.cash has started to implement things along these line.. If we can beat them to it and with the name change, people will see VERGE in a different light.

http://www.wired.com/2016/01/zcash-an-untraceable-bitcoin-alternative-launches-in-alpha/

well we have beat them to it, early last year lol, and as far as i can see in the source code, there is nothing stopping the ip address of the users across the network..

thats why we needed this rebrand, no one took us seriously and stuff like this is making news, when its already been out!

I see. So in this instance the barriers could possibly be the stigma around the name being identified with DOGE and the ease of use  i.e. the ability of lay person being able to take the coin with all its functionalities and use it without having to go through a full technical  crash course to do so?  Grin Grin

EDIT:
Question: How can a Chinese lay person take advantage of VERGE's anonymity from country like China without having to setup/configure a full blown darkweb environment before they can use it?

Instead of trying to create a platform(s) that will cater for different users, is there a way to use the blockchain as a platform to do all these work/config and have users to just "tap/log" into it via vpn or the like to carry out their transactions?
I'm going there in a little over a month and have a lot of experience with China. This is something I might be able to help.

2 years, a master's business thesis about it, I speak but don't read. And a big network of young people, and an IT college faculty.

Ok I sent you a message via PM.

CryptocurrencyNetwork

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 04:39:32 AM

Has VER been taken?

Ok fair enough

EDIT:

I have experienced Chinese girls.. I mean with Chinese girls... does that qualify me?  Grin

Very qualified Wink

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 05:03:27 AM

Has VER been taken?

Ok fair enough

EDIT:

our newest wallet has tor built in, without needing to run tor side by side.

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 05:33:38 AM

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/?Load=true

http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/lookup.asp?siteID=mktw&Lookup=xvg&Country=all&Type=All

ok i thought XVG was taken, but apparently it is not, so game on!

CryptocurrencyNetwork

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 06:57:48 AM

Sounds good to me!

endoffiat

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:56:35 AM

Game is definitely on  Grin

And nobody can say they didn't have a chance to get on this coin either. Wink

We have been trading at low prices ever since this coin hit the markets.

And Dev do you have any idea how many DOGED were lost at Cryptsy. Shocked

I'd imagine quite a few didn't get out.  Undecided

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 08:06:39 AM

Game is definitely on  Grin

And nobody can say they didn't have a chance to get on this coin either. Wink

We have been trading at low prices ever since this coin hit the markets.

And Dev do you have any idea how many DOGED were lost at Cryptsy. Shocked

I'd imagine quite a few didn't get out.  Undecided

i wish i had an aswer to that. i'd like to think most people were aware that it was breaking long before it did, and got out...

gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:25:46 AM

DEV when will this happen? Can you give us a date to work to? Also can someone code a simple count down timer in a web site to get things pumped a bit hehe  Grin

To peel or not to peel.
raimch89
Legendary

Activity: 1169

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:43:43 AM

1ex trade don't want to list doged and i regret that.
i think it is because of low price.

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 10:19:50 AM

1ex trade don't want to list doged and i regret that.
i think it is because of low price.

24 hour volume: 0.03 BTC

not a big deal, we still have bittrex and after rebranding is finished, we should aim higher anyway

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 10:20:18 AM

DEV when will this happen? Can you give us a date to work to? Also can someone code a simple count down timer in a web site to get things pumped a bit hehe  Grin

im gonna say feb 15th, to be safe. although ill keep everyone updated on my progress =]

jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 11:03:23 AM

im gonna say feb 15th, to be safe. although ill keep everyone updated on my progress =]

Good job dev! Can't wait for this rebranding  Grin It's time for some new beginnings
CryptocurrencyNetwork

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 11:40:47 AM

Good job dev! Can't wait for this rebranding  Grin It's time for some new beginnings

Rumour has it that Dev is part man and part machine Wink

Zedux

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 02:05:03 PM

in interest of being open and honest, i have been writing vercingetorix and telling him to stop crying about the name change. if he doesnt stop whining about it in the thread im going to ban him from it.

this is what i wrote him today:

"why are you ignoring my messages?

how many coins do you have? what's your coin address?

i want to buy your doged so you leave. you are a huge pain in the ass and are the only one continuously whining about the name change. if you dont like verge, you can leave. if you dont want to sell right now, just shut up and wait for the price to go up. nothing you do or say is going to change the name. i created this coin. did you or anyone else create the name dogecoindark? no, i did. did you or anyone else build ANY of its resources? no, i did. i allowed the community to pick names, and the majority had picked this one, and i chose it. it is now rebranding to verge. for god sake, stop being a baby and complaining about the name change days later, or ill ban you from the thread for being an infant."

just dont want any of my words misconstrued  Tongue
More deleted posts, even a very obviously positive one to Jimmy, threats of banning. I don't care about the name anymore; I oppose how you are handling discussion and centralizing what thoughts are appropriate or not. And the name calling, and this idea that it's all about you and not all these other guys who invested in your favorite pet project. Why wouldn't I reduce my stake with that kind of behavior? No professional investors would get behind someone acting this way.

Works both way mate.

He's not saying anything that is unture. We may be investors but if he hasn't put in as much efforts as he has been to date, no investors would be hanging around anyway. The name chnage is long overdure but by the same token you need to realise how much extra work that need to go into this change. Frankly, I am happy with the change regardless of what it's called (just not DOGED.. Grin). This will enable people to judge the coin for what it is. Crypto is speculative and the development as well as marketing/perception need to go hand and hand..  
Yep, I'm very supportive of dev's work and support at least ditching the name DOGED, just not supportive of this round of controlling behavior, which I hope will cool enough to merit buying back

This is nothing compared to the real drama going on out there with the likes of Bitcoin and Dash lol.
Lee Kuan Yew founder of Singapore said at the time 'people will grow rich here they like it or not in a Singapore that's a swamp and will be turned into skyscrapers' so just sit tight.
btw once the rebranding is complete I'll be pulling a considerable sum from profits in other coins into VERGE Wink

gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 03:08:33 PM

Dear Dev,
this weekend I am going to try sort out the Mac wallet. What is the latest download please (just to double check) and what must I put in the config file? Gas it changed?
I am looking forward to putting DOGED on my computer as opposed to exchanges.
I lost 12 BTC on Cryptsy but luckily managed to get my DOGED out just in the nick of time. Actually DOGED was my main priority to get out as it is the only one that has the potential to buy me a new house Smiley

Thanks,
Gravitate

To peel or not to peel.
g0ldm0ney10

Activity: 146

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 04:13:28 PM

I am just glad to hear we are going with XVG!!  Grin  I think this is the best solution to keep the VERGE name top of mind!!  LOVE THIS DECISION

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////__///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 07:47:11 PM

Dear Dev,
this weekend I am going to try sort out the Mac wallet. What is the latest download please (just to double check) and what must I put in the config file? Gas it changed?
I am looking forward to putting DOGED on my computer as opposed to exchanges.
I lost 12 BTC on Cryptsy but luckily managed to get my DOGED out just in the nick of time. Actually DOGED was my main priority to get out as it is the only one that has the potential to buy me a new house Smiley

Thanks,
Gravitate

probably just need some nodes in the DogeCoinDark.conf file:

addnode=108.61.10.90
addnode=104.131.121.96
addnode=128.199.130.227
addnode=104.236.47.63
addnode=178.62.72.112

Zedux

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:26:45 PM

Hi guys I've just had a talk with an old friend from Brazil he has pretty good following in Brazil and is sort of libertarian too. He's into bitcoin and blockchain technology I think he knows Jed (original bitcoin exchange) but he didn't confirm and will help spread the word in Brazil he really liked what Verge is all about. He also knows the mercadobitcoin guys so he's pretty well connected that's the most important  Smiley he just asked to wait the new rebranding and getting more familiar with the coin. I think he'll be an huge buyer once he finds out Verge is unique  Grin

miningpros

Activity: 194

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:51:52 PM

hi guys, my wallet is out of sync, will it automatically start sincying ?
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: