Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:02:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901257 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 06:00:02 PM

You are pretty good translating without using a translator. But try using one. You didn't answer the question.

Bing translator http://www.bing.com/translator/.

Smiley

What's the problem now?

Best regards.

No problems. You didn't answer the question MakingMoneyHoney asked. That's all.

Smiley

I took his response to mean auntie = atheists, for some reason.

Well, it wasn't my question. As long as you are comfortable with the answer. My response was only to what I understood.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 06:23:00 PM

I took his response to mean auntie = atheists, for some reason.

Well both of my uncle/auntie says "I'm an atheist" even if is very uncommon looking at their names (Joseph and Marie).

If you talk with them they express some form of belief in God.

I think they have a problem with the Pope (and the Authority expressed by him) not with God himself.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:30:13 AM

Atheism is a religion. It's just the belief that no God exists. Any person claiming to be athirst and hate religion is being very hypocritical.  

Yes.

A person that says, "I am an atheist," and then never talks or thinks about it again, isn't a very good atheist. Likewise, a person who says, " I belong to XXXXXX religion," and then never takes part in the religion, is not really part of that religion.

The point? The more an atheist pushes the idea of atheism, the more he makes it to be a religion for himself.

Smiley

I fail to see your point here. You state that those who are atheist and never talk about it are not very good atheists? What does one's disbelief have to do with projection.

Also would like to get some clarity on what you mean by "taking part in the religion"
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:27:04 AM

Atheism is a religion. It's just the belief that no God exists. Any person claiming to be athirst and hate religion is being very hypocritical.  

Yes.

A person that says, "I am an atheist," and then never talks or thinks about it again, isn't a very good atheist. Likewise, a person who says, " I belong to XXXXXX religion," and then never takes part in the religion, is not really part of that religion.

The point? The more an atheist pushes the idea of atheism, the more he makes it to be a religion for himself.

Smiley

I fail to see your point here. You state that those who are atheist and never talk about it are not very good atheists? What does one's disbelief have to do with projection.

Also would like to get some clarity on what you mean by "taking part in the religion"

I said "never talks or thinks about it."

If a person says he believes something, or believes in something, but never talks about it or thinks about it, he can't be much of a believer in it. By this I mean that a person who doesn't live his belief doesn't really believe it.

What is projection?

If you say you are Catholic, but never talk about the Pope, or the church, or go to mass, or say your prayers, or do anything else a good Catholic person does, then you really are not much of a Catholic.

The point of saying all this is that the more you talk something and do it, the more you are a believer in or of it.

Atheism is a religion. Why? Because we have a universe full of stuff that suggests that God made it all, way more than that it happened by accident or some other way.

In fact, Newton's 3rd law says that everything operates by cause and effect. And this is evidenced in everything that we see. So, there is no happenstance. If there is no happenstance, there is design. If their is design, there is a designer. In the case of the universe, the designer is God. Why? Because the universe Designer would fit our dictionary definitions of "God."

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 02:40:05 AM

CONCLUSION:

Millions of humans have been murdered, enslaved, persecuted and abused, either in the name of religion or in a reaction to it: Atheism.

Therefore religion is at the root of ALL of the above-listed massacres.

Even the "Atheist" ones.

BOOM.

If just one person can believe in a religion and not want to kill anyone, then blaming religion for murders is wrong and you need to start blaming the people not their religion for the killings.

My point was only about the above-listed mass killings done in the name of religion -- like God, Allah, or even Charles Manson.

You do make an excellent point, however.

Religion doesn't kill people;  people* kill people.

(*People: mostly fundamentalist religious or fundamentalist atheist!)   Wink
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:06:28 AM

because they hate the rules of religion,they want free of religion rules..and maybe they also hate govenoor rules..
FrostStick

Activity: 361

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:07:15 AM

I don't think they do. In fact many of the atheists i met are very open minded about religion. They actually respect religious people. So no, they don't hate religion. They just don't believe in it.
zenitzz

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:40:55 PM

I don't think they do. In fact many of the atheists i met are very open minded about religion. They actually respect religious people. So no, they don't hate religion. They just don't believe in it.
Open-minded to what?

Regardless, the terms do not represent comparable things or concepts.

Atheism simply means a disbelief in deities. It is not a belief system, religion, philosophy, or lifestyle. Other than not believing in God(s), Atheists have nothing else in common
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 12:01:49 AM

Open-minded to what?

Atheism simply means a disbelief in deities. It is not a belief system, religion, philosophy, or lifestyle. Other than not believing in God(s), Atheists have nothing else in common

Except that when you Google or DuckDuckGo search on "atheism religion" you get all kinds of sites that show that atheism is essentially a religion. Of course, you get other sites that deny such. But when you do the comparison yourself, you'll see that there isn't much, if any, difference between what it takes to make a religion and the thing that atheism is.

In other words, atheism is a religion that is different from most formal religions in two major ways:
1. They express that there is no god/God;
2. They often express that they are not a religion.

Smiley

1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 04:28:30 AM

Other than not believing in God(s), Atheists have nothing else in common

Not even rationality (use of reason)?
bitboy1x

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 06:30:00 AM

Except that when you Google or DuckDuckGo search on "atheism religion" you get all kinds of sites that show that atheism is essentially a religion. Of course, you get other sites that deny such. But when you do the comparison yourself, you'll see that there isn't much, if any, difference between what it takes to make a religion and the thing that atheism is.

In other words, atheism is a religion that is different from most formal religions in two major ways:

:

That's the criteria?  Whether or not search engines yield results?

If I google "George Bush Gay" or "Space Shuttle Fake" - do the fact that resulting pages appear make either statement true?

I wonder if TV ad sales people site around pondering "Should we pull our ads from American Idol and move them over to that TV show 'Don't watch TV'?"
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 09:00:16 AM

Open-minded to what?

Smiley

Can you define what you mean by "religion"? I'd always thought it included -- by necessity -- a belief in a god, but you don't seem to think this is true?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 03:59:39 PM

Open-minded to what?

Smiley

Can you define what you mean by "religion"? I'd always thought it included -- by necessity -- a belief in a god, but you don't seem to think this is true?

There are dictionaries all over the place. A couple of online dictionaries are found here http://dictionary.reference.com/ and here http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/.

You might also try Wikipedia here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion.

Smiley

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 03:16:33 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2015, 03:58:43 AM by organofcorti

Open-minded to what?

Smiley

There are dictionaries all over the place. A couple of online dictionaries are found here http://dictionary.reference.com/ and here http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/.

You might also try Wikipedia here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion.

Smiley

From Wikipedia then:

"A religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to an order of existence."

This is not atheism. Atheism is not a belief, it's a lack of belief. It's not a belief in not-God, it's just a position that gods and god belief systems are irrlevant. I don't have to believe, I just have to ignore it like I ignore much in life that I find irrelevant.

Analogously, I don't have any beliefs about flamingoes. They may or may not exist but I don't really mind either way, they're irrelevant to me -- just like the many gods that in which people claim to believe.

I think it best to let atheists speak for themselves so here's a link for you straight from the horses mouth, so to speak: https://atheists.org/activism/resources/what-is-atheism

From that link:
"Atheism is not a belief system nor is it a religion. While there are some religions that are atheistic (certain sects of Buddhism, for example), that does not mean that atheism is a religion. Two commonly used retorts to the nonsense that atheism is a religion are: 1) If atheism is a religion then bald is a hair color, and 2) If atheism is a religion then health is a disease. A new one introduced in 2012 by Bill Maher is, "If atheism is a religion, then abstinence is a sexual position."

RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 03:34:35 AM

Well done, organofcorti!

Hatred of others comes from ignorance.

Go to the source for real information.
ridery99

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:28:20 AM

Atheism is a belief system, religion, philosophy, and lifestyle. Other than not believing in God(s), Atheists have common hate and emptiness inside them.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 09:27:17 AM

Atheism is a belief system, religion, philosophy, and lifestyle.

No, that doesn't describe atheism at all. See the link above.

Other than not believing in God(s),

Again, untrue. To make the idea even simpler: atheists *don't care* about gods.

Atheists have common hate and emptiness inside them.

Is this different to religious people? Are you saying that *no* religious people hate things? How about Satanists?

As for having "emptiness inside them", what does that mean? is it a metaphysical construct of some sort? I don't feel empty, and physically I know I'm not empty.

Everything you've written is only your opinion. You should probably make that clear when you post.

Scream

Activity: 476

U will never know the true answer, before you try

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 02:54:12 PM

please watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEcocSZnk1g
An Atheist vs Dr Zakir Naik - Worth Watching

Roll Eyes
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 03:36:15 PM

Atheism is a belief system, religion, philosophy, and lifestyle.

No, that doesn't describe atheism at all. See the link above.

That is quick description of atheism.

Other than not believing in God(s),

Again, untrue. To make the idea even simpler: atheists *don't care* about gods.

You are saying atheist are stupid (and they don't care about Science) as Science comes from the Fear of God.

That is why they must die.

Atheists have common hate and emptiness inside them.

Is this different to religious people? Are you saying that *no* religious people hate things? How about Satanists?

Is saying that a theist view is superior of an atheist view.

Think as an example to freemasonry: they don't believe in the same God as Christians but they do believe in a superior beings.

You cannot be a freemason if you are an atheist.

As for having "emptiness inside them", what does that mean? is it a metaphysical construct of some sort? I don't feel empty, and physically I know I'm not empty.

It means they are STUPID.

Science comes form the Fear of God.
"18 Fearing the Lord is Wisdom’s crowning garland,
sprouting forth peace and restorative health.
19 She rained down skill and insightful knowledge,
and she raised up the reputation of those who held on to her.
"
- Sir 1:18

Everything you've written is only your opinion. You should probably make that clear when you post.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
Scream

Activity: 476

U will never know the true answer, before you try

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 04:12:51 PM

"A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in God." - Francis Bacon.
 "I can conceive how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God." -- Abraham Lincoln
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: