Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:02:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901260 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 08:56:29 AM

Blind faith is foolish faith.

Cool
LOL, Oh yes BADlogic, yes indeed, it most certainly is.

Your quote bookmarked for future entertainment purposes.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Good for you. After all, the only thing worthwhile in life is the enjoyment you get out of it. So, enjoy while you can.

I speak for God because you will not take up His Word and let it speak to you.

Cool
I don't accept any "messages" or "instructions" from God via third parties. Bible, Jesus, preists, vicars, pastors, prophets, YOU, are all third parties, thus as a standard life rule, are ignored and will continue to be ignored.

If God wants to give me a message it will come directly from him to me, with no middle men.
It will be clear, concise, unmistakeable, unavoidable, with no room for interpretation errors.

Edit: Oh, by the way, lying by claiming you're actually following a message from God to tell me your nonsense won't work.

When God speaks to people directly, He does it from deep down inside the person. The Bible is essentially for comparison purposes. If what a person hears from deep down inside matches the Bible, then he is hearing God speaking in himself. If what he hears doesn't match the Bible, then it is himself or the devil speaking to himself. If one doesn't look at the Bible, he doesn't know when God is speaking. But God indeed speaks to the hearts of all people.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 09:31:16 AM

Cool

Good for you. After all, the only thing worthwhile in life is the enjoyment you get out of it. So, enjoy while you can.

Cool
I don't accept any "messages" or "instructions" from God via third parties. Bible, Jesus, preists, vicars, pastors, prophets, YOU, are all third parties, thus as a standard life rule, are ignored and will continue to be ignored.

If God wants to give me a message it will come directly from him to me, with no middle men.
It will be clear, concise, unmistakeable, unavoidable, with no room for interpretation errors.

Edit: Oh, by the way, lying by claiming you're actually following a message from God to tell me your nonsense won't work.

When God speaks to people directly, He does it from deep down inside the person. The Bible is essentially for comparison purposes. If what a person hears from deep down inside matches the Bible, then he is hearing God speaking in himself. If what he hears doesn't match the Bible, then it is himself or the devil speaking to himself. If one doesn't look at the Bible, he doesn't know when God is speaking. But God indeed speaks to the hearts of all people.

Cool

Where you're reply crashes to the ground is you've foolishly claimed the bible is the word of God and you've blundered into this fatal circular reasoning loop.

Break the loop and I'll continue talking and educating you. (Spoiler alert: You won't.)  Cheesy

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 09:39:55 AM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Where you're reply crashes to the ground is you've foolishly claimed the bible is the word of God and you've blundered into this fatal circular reasoning loop.

Break the loop and I'll continue talking and educating you. (Spoiler alert: You won't.)  Cheesy

There is another thing you have blundered into. After all, did I ever show that circle? No. You were the one who showed it. So, you were the one who blundered into it, just like you blundered into your atheism/anti-God stupidity.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
stats

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 10:15:22 AM

BADecker why do you resort to name calling? You resort to this when your arguments lack logic or sense.

As for your arguments about Police cars and such..... Only religious idealists suggest the Bible is the truth. Yet you yourself have acknowledged it isn't so. Please find a point and stick to it.

Please show me the evidence you speak of about your "God". I long to see this evidence. Only fanatics can see something and believe it to be evidence. Those of us with intellect question and find that religion is purely to keep the mindless masses in check with fear based fiction.

My Faith tells me that Lord of the Rings is Truth. Just the same logic as your faith tells you the Fictional book called "The Bible" is your truth.

You speak for God proves that your "God" is impotent and worthless. Gimme Gandalf the Grey anytime!
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 10:40:47 AM

BADecker why do you resort to name calling? You resort to this when your arguments lack logic or sense.

As for your arguments about Police cars and such..... Only religious idealists suggest the Bible is the truth. Yet you yourself have acknowledged it isn't so. Please find a point and stick to it.

Please show me the evidence you speak of about your "God". I long to see this evidence. Only fanatics can see something and believe it to be evidence. Those of us with intellect question and find that religion is purely to keep the mindless masses in check with fear based fiction.

My Faith tells me that Lord of the Rings is Truth. Just the same logic as your faith tells you the Fictional book called "The Bible" is your truth.

You speak for God proves that your "God" is impotent and worthless. Gimme Gandalf the Grey anytime!

Even God doesn't force anybody to believe Him. He simply shows them the miracles of nature, the nation of Israel, and the Bible, and lets them make their own choice. I certainly don't want to take your freedom of choice away from you.

Cool

stats

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 02:04:10 PM

Even God doesn't force anybody to believe Him. He simply shows them the miracles of nature, the nation of Israel, and the Bible, and lets them make their own choice.
Cool
[/quote]

How do you know this? Have you spoken with this invisible person? You cannot use "the bible tells me so" as we have already proved that it is a work of fiction. Either you are delusional or psychotic. I'll let you decide which one suits.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 03:05:27 PM

Even God doesn't force anybody to believe Him. He simply shows them the miracles of nature, the nation of Israel, and the Bible, and lets them make their own choice.
Cool

How do you know this? Have you spoken with this invisible person? You cannot use "the bible tells me so" as we have already proved that it is a work of fiction. Either you are delusional or psychotic. I'll let you decide which one suits.

I think that it is the reverse that is the strength. Look at all the people in the world who believe in God in one form or another. Why do you think that God doesn't exist? The odds are against you. The fact that you are setting yourself up as an authority, shows us that at the very least, you believe yourself to be God, even though yo do not formally acknowledge it.

In addition, the scientific proof I have shown all along for the existence of God still stands. Right next to it is nature and the universe which is so extremely marvelous that it would take a real powerful God to allow it to come into being. Then there is the Bible record, which, if you check into the details of how it came into being, is a miracle in itself.

If the above weren't enough, then consider all the science that is theory. This means that the scientists, themselves, who have designed all kinds of methods for the marvels of the universe to exist, aren't sure that they are right... even though they often claim that they are right. God and the Bible are way stronger than these self-glorifying scientists, and their disciples.

You are on the losing end of your questions, my friend.

Cool

helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 03:18:35 PM

Cool

I think that it is the reverse that is the strength. Look at all the people in the world who believe in God in one form or another. Why do you think that God doesn't exist? The odds are against you. The fact that you are setting yourself up as an authority, shows us that at the very least, you believe yourself to be God, even though yo do not formally acknowledge it.

In addition, the scientific proof I have shown all along for the existence of God still stands. Right next to it is nature and the universe which is so extremely marvelous that it would take a real powerful God to allow it to come into being. Then there is the Bible record, which, if you check into the details of how it came into being, is a miracle in itself.

If the above weren't enough, then consider all the science that is theory. This means that the scientists, themselves, who have designed all kinds of methods for the marvels of the universe to exist, aren't sure that they are right... even though they often claim that they are right. God and the Bible are way stronger than these self-glorifying scientists, and their disciples.

Cool

Fortunately god and his disciples are coming closer to an end. In time religion will be done away with as it should. Many people still need a god for comfort or other reasons but soon enough humanity will come to its senses.

Dont worry if your not the chosen few from israel , it matters not.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 03:32:38 PM

Cool

Cool

Fortunately god and his disciples are coming closer to an end. In time religion will be done away with as it should. Many people still need a god for comfort or other reasons but soon enough humanity will come to its senses.

That is an interesting religious sentiment you have there.

Unfortunately for a bunch of people who resist God, they will come to their ultimate end, while those of us who acknowledge God and Jesus salvation will rise into everlasting glory.

One of the foundations on which I stand is the recognition that we don't really know where this universe came from, and very little about how it works. Those who say that they know don't have any proof for what they say. The point is, there is no way that we can know, on our own, whether or not there will be a resurrection. Creation happened once without our understanding how. Why can't it happen again?

Cool

helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 04:25:43 PM

Cool

Cool

Unfortunately for a bunch of people who resist God, they will come to their ultimate end, while those of us who acknowledge God and Jesus salvation will rise into everlasting glory.

One of the foundations on which I stand is the recognition that we don't really know where this universe came from, and very little about how it works. Those who say that they know don't have any proof for what they say. The point is, there is no way that we can know, on our own, whether or not there will be a resurrection. Creation happened once without our understanding how. Why can't it happen again?

Cool

I dont deny that creation may have happened elsewhere on other planets and can happen in the future. Just not by god as described in religious literature. I just dont have unrealistic beliefs in some omnipresent god type character . The bible is as far as we can know it a work of fiction, There is no reason to think otherwise, The first and biggest problem with it is that it was written by man in an age where not much was known about anything. If you like it was our very first attempt at science and also our worst.

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 06:26:06 PM

because they believe that fundamentally it is a revolution like the theory once said human darwin is a form of evolution from apes on the basis of human and ape genes are almost the same. But, it is different from religious people. They believe that everything in this world, nobody has created, and is not a coincidence. Shocked

What? Revolution like theory? Darwin is a form of apes? I realty dontc understand what did u say here...

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 06:49:10 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

I dont deny that creation may have happened elsewhere on other planets and can happen in the future. Just not by god as described in religious literature.
What about the creation of the planets themselves, right along with the creation of the whole universe?

I just dont have unrealistic beliefs in some omnipresent god type character .
Why not. We don't know that God doesn't exist. In fact, science and nature say that He does. This stuff had to come from somewhere. And there is great intelligence in its structure... so great that it defies mankind to find it all out. If it wasn't complex, researchers would have figured out how to let us all live a thousand years, long ago. As it is, there are still a few peoples around the world that live longer than modern science has allowed us to live. Are you trying to say that dumb nature is smarter than we are?

The bible is as far as we can know it a work of fiction, There is no reason to think otherwise, The first and biggest problem with it is that it was written by man in an age where not much was known about anything. If you like it was our very first attempt at science and also our worst.

You are mistaken about this. The information in the first 5 books of the Bible describes the "soul" of man better than most of our modern psychology. In addition, the Bible was written as a record, by those who believed God was telling them to write. How strong did they believe? The Dead Sea Scrolls show us that there is virtually no change in about 2,400 years of hand copying it. You have to believe quite strongly to copy the same thing over and over, generation to generation like that. There is strength in the Bible. That's why they did it.

Cool

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 08:49:42 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2016, 09:16:07 PM by Buffer Overflow

Cool

Cool

There is another thing you have blundered into. After all, did I ever show that circle? No. You were the one who showed it. So, you were the one who blundered into it, just like you blundered into your atheism/anti-God stupidity.

Cool

You didn't "show" the circle, it's your logic put into an easy to understand pretty diagram.
You said nobody can know if God is speaking to them, unless it matches what's in the bible. Thus you have just claimed the bible is the word of God. Thus you have entered the circular argument in the diagram at that point. (It's the one on the far left, if your struggling.)

Of course you knew this already, and just trying to avoid my challenge of you breaking out of the circle.

You'll get dizzy keep spinning round and round like that. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

kevinn669

Activity: 241

Tokens That Store Virtual Energy

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 09:05:40 PM

believers hate atheists, atheists and believers hate. This is the eternal confrontation. It always has been, and do not need to do from this issue

████████████                                                     
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███          ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       
 ██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███         ██▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀ ▐███▌   ██▀▀▀▀██▄▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀       
 ██     ██  ███   ▄▄    ██▄    ▀    ██     ██ ██   ██     ██    ██           
 ██ ▄▄▄██▀  ███  ████   ▀██████▄    ██    ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ██ ▄▄▄██▀    ██           
 ██  ▀██▄   ███   ▀▀    ▄    ▀██    ██    ███████  ██  ▀██▄     ██           
 ██    ▀██▄ ███         ██▄▄▄▄██    ██   ▐█▌   ▐█▌ ██    ▀██▄   ██           
 ▀▀      ▀▀ ███          ▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀   ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀   ▀▀           
            ████████████     █████████████                                   
                                       ███                                   
         ████████ ██▄      ██          ███  ████████▄   ▄▄█████▄▄  ██▄     ▄██
         ██       ████▄    ██     ▄▄   ███  ██    ▀██ ▐██▀     ▀██  ▀██▄ ▄██▀
         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██▀███▄  ██    ████  ███  ██   ▄▄██ ██              ▀███▀   
         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ▀███▄██     ▀▀   ███  ██ ███▀▀  ██    ██████     ▐█▌   
         ██       ██    ▀████          ███  ██  ▀██▄  ▐██▄     ▄██     ▐█▌   
         ████████ ██      ▀██          ███  ██    ▀██▄  ▀▀█████▀▀      ▐█▌   
                              ████████████                                   
      ▄▄▄▄        ▄███▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄       ▄████▀
               █████   
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀   
 ▀▀████████▌ ▐██▌     
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀ ▄▄   
               █████▄ 
             █▄ ▀████▌
             ███  ▀███▌
             ███    ▀▀▀
             ███       
             ███       
             ███           
            ▐███▌     
           ▄█████▄     
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Register and Get Access
Facebook   Telegram
Twitter       Announcement
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 09:21:57 PM

believers hate atheists, atheists and believers hate. This is the eternal confrontation. It always has been, and do not need to do from this issue

Not all believers hate atcheists, not all atheists hate religion. Im an atheist and i dont hate religion, i do not like when religious people deny everything because of their views and atheists can be so cringy.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
philggg

Activity: 343

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 10:15:54 PM

May be they had been disappointed by Of and they are not hsppy
mrkevio

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 10:21:44 PM

I had two atheist friends in my life and I spoke to then about this. I have been told they don't hate religion at all but they think God was just an invention for us to be enslaved in this world. There is one problem though: if you die and you didn't believe and God didn't exist.... It's alright but what if you die, you didn't believe and He exists?!

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 10:24:32 PM

There is one problem though: if you die and you didn't believe and God didn't exist.... It's alright but what if you die, you didn't believe and He exists?!

Yeah, this is called Pascal's wager. A well documented flawed argument.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 11:20:36 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

You didn't "show" the circle, it's your logic put into an easy to understand pretty diagram.
You said nobody can know if God is speaking to them, unless it matches what's in the bible. Thus you have just claimed the bible is the word of God. Thus you have entered the circular argument in the diagram at that point. (It's the one on the far left, if your struggling.)

Of course you knew this already, and just trying to avoid my challenge of you breaking out of the circle.

You'll get dizzy keep spinning round and round like that. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The reason why the Bible is the Word of God is that it has strength behind it. The little nation of Israel has great strength. Israel has existed possibly longer than any other nation. The Israel people hold that the Old Testament is truth. The only reason why they hold the Bible as such for as long as they have, is because there is strength in the Bible.

What does that have to do with your circle? Nothing. Of course, you won't know this about the Bible unless you study the history of how it came into being. But if you do, you will find that it is a miracle that can't exists the way it does, except that it does.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 11:23:45 PM

There is one problem though: if you die and you didn't believe and God didn't exist.... It's alright but what if you die, you didn't believe and He exists?!

Yeah, this is called Pascal's wager. A well documented flawed argument.

I agree that it is essentially a bad argument to use. But it is true just the same. The problem with it is that it can be used for just about any silly thing. And for some of those silly things it will be used in a false or bad way.

Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: