Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:39:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901255 times)
TooQik

Activity: 337
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 11:36:15 PM

I speak for God because you will not take up His Word and let it speak to you.

Cool
I don't accept any "messages" or "instructions" from God via third parties. Bible, Jesus, preists, vicars, pastors, prophets, YOU, are all third parties, thus as a standard life rule, are ignored and will continue to be ignored.

If God wants to give me a message it will come directly from him to me, with no middle men.
It will be clear, concise, unmistakeable, unavoidable, with no room for interpretation errors.

Edit: Oh, by the way, lying by claiming you're actually following a message from God to tell me your nonsense won't work.

When God speaks to people directly, He does it from deep down inside the person. The Bible is essentially for comparison purposes. If what a person hears from deep down inside matches the Bible, then he is hearing God speaking in himself. If what he hears doesn't match the Bible, then it is himself or the devil speaking to himself. If one doesn't look at the Bible, he doesn't know when God is speaking. But God indeed speaks to the hearts of all people.

Cool

Where you're reply crashes to the ground is you've foolishly claimed the bible is the word of God and you've blundered into this fatal circular reasoning loop.

Break the loop and I'll continue talking and educating you. (Spoiler alert: You won't.)  Cheesy

There is another thing you have blundered into. After all, did I ever show that circle? No. You were the one who showed it. So, you were the one who blundered into it, just like you blundered into your atheism/anti-God stupidity.

Cool

You didn't "show" the circle, it's your logic put into an easy to understand pretty diagram.
You said nobody can know if God is speaking to them, unless it matches what's in the bible. Thus you have just claimed the bible is the word of God. Thus you have entered the circular argument in the diagram at that point. (It's the one on the far left, if your struggling.)

Of course you knew this already, and just trying to avoid my challenge of you breaking out of the circle.

You'll get dizzy keep spinning round and round like that. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Bible logic, the world's first merry-go-round making people dizzy since, well, god knows when.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TooQik

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 12:11:58 AM

The reason why the Bible is the Word of God is that it has strength behind it. The little nation of Israel has great strength. Israel has existed possibly longer than any other nation. The Israel people hold that the Old Testament is truth. The only reason why they hold the Bible as such for as long as they have, is because there is strength in the Bible.
You constantly throw out this argument of strength in the Bible making it God's word. There is no strength in any book, rather people themselves find meaning in the words of a book that gives them the resolve to do what they need to do - there are many self help books out there that people use.

To say the words in the Bible are also God's words is a fallacy - the words in the Bible are man's words, stories passed down through the years by word of mouth before finally being collated and written into a single book. I always found it ironic that one of the first things we did in religious studies was play Chinese Whispers, yet we were expected to accept the writings in the Bible as the ultimate truth. If God actually existed and wanted his words to be passed onto man, he could have willed a paper book into existence with his words written inside when he first created man. Did this happen? Nope. Instead the closest thing we supposedly have is some commandments inscribed in stone hundreds of years after the creation of man.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 12:42:14 AM

The reason why the Bible is the Word of God is that it has strength behind it. The little nation of Israel has great strength. Israel has existed possibly longer than any other nation. The Israel people hold that the Old Testament is truth. The only reason why they hold the Bible as such for as long as they have, is because there is strength in the Bible.
You constantly throw out this argument of strength in the Bible making it God's word. There is no strength in any book, rather people themselves find meaning in the words of a book that gives them the resolve to do what they need to do - there are many self help books out there that people use.

To say the words in the Bible are also God's words is a fallacy - the words in the Bible are man's words, stories passed down through the years by word of mouth before finally being collated and written into a single book. I always found it ironic that one of the first things we did in religious studies was play Chinese Whispers, yet we were expected to accept the writings in the Bible as the ultimate truth. If God actually existed and wanted his words to be passed onto man, he could have willed a paper book into existence with his words written inside when he first created man. Did this happen? Nope. Instead the closest thing we supposedly have is some commandments inscribed in stone hundreds of years after the creation of man.

When a person reads a book, the words that remain in his memory do not sit in his brain in book form. Rather, RNA converts into patterns of brain DNA that correspond to the words that he read. Whenever bio-electrical activity stimulates these particular chunks of DNA, the result is an activated memory of the words in the person, that correspond to the thing that he had read.

At the same time, a new record is created by new RNA turning into DNA, showing his remembering, and the reactions he had to the remembering. Generally this new memory is the one that is remembered the next time the person remembers the words.

At the next remembering point, a third memory is made overlaying the first two. The other two memories remain, but are seldom accessed, except when the memory needs to be reinforced in the consciousness in some way, or by haphazard stimulation during dreams.

God wrote His law in the minds and hearts (in the brains, chemically) of the first people. All people have it via genetics. Most people simply ignore it intentionally until the memory is dulled within them. If there had been no sin, the Bible wouldn't have been needed. Why not? People would remember the law written on their hearts perfectly, and wouldn't need a Bible to re-show it to them.

The Bible has been written for two reasons:
1. To show the law that has been forgotten;
2. To show God's forgiveness for man through the salvation He provides in Jesus.

In the same way that God has the ability to create people (a much harder thing than writing a book), He also has the ability to direct His people in ways so that they write the thing that He wants. The whole history of the coming into being of the Bible, and the contents thereof, show that it had to have been done by God. Why? Because it could never happen the way it did without Divine guidance.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
stats

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:59:16 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2016, 09:52:49 AM by stats

In the same way that God has the ability to create people (a much harder thing than writing a book), He also has the ability to direct His people in ways so that they write the thing that He wants.

If this is true, then it can be assumed that your "God" has himself instructed mankind to write the fictional writings of the Satanic Bible and the Qur'an. As all holy books are the writings of mankind, I once again say Lord of the Rings is a far better read. I highly recommend you read it.
Bitonly88

Activity: 420
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 09:01:33 AM

among my friends are believers and there are atheists. But they never come into conflict with each other. I do not know where it came from the view that they hate each other. It seems to me that it is not

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 09:17:29 AM

No wonder people really don't understand the Bible and the God the Bible is speaking about...judging by the kind of debate we have here. It is quite obvious that people in trying to understand something divine could not come up with something tangible or something to truly hold on to because we are all carnal minded.

Just because we don't believe in someone called God does not change anything. People have that kind of yearning to believe in a higher authority and you can call it whatever it is but it is really there.

The bottom line is that we all have our leanings and no matter how we might convince someone to go against his will and choice it will not be successful.

So believe whatever you want to believe but don't step on the right of others to also believe what they want to believe. Peace -- true and global peace -- seems impossible in the hands of men but it is always good to try to tolerate and accommodate as much as we can so that we can at least have some harmony and understanding even if we have some big and small difference with each other.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 10:56:59 AM

I speak for God because you will not take up His Word and let it speak to you.

Cool
I don't accept any "messages" or "instructions" from God via third parties. Bible, Jesus, preists, vicars, pastors, prophets, YOU, are all third parties, thus as a standard life rule, are ignored and will continue to be ignored.

If God wants to give me a message it will come directly from him to me, with no middle men.
It will be clear, concise, unmistakeable, unavoidable, with no room for interpretation errors.

Edit: Oh, by the way, lying by claiming you're actually following a message from God to tell me your nonsense won't work.

When God speaks to people directly, He does it from deep down inside the person. The Bible is essentially for comparison purposes. If what a person hears from deep down inside matches the Bible, then he is hearing God speaking in himself. If what he hears doesn't match the Bible, then it is himself or the devil speaking to himself. If one doesn't look at the Bible, he doesn't know when God is speaking. But God indeed speaks to the hearts of all people.

Cool

Where you're reply crashes to the ground is you've foolishly claimed the bible is the word of God and you've blundered into this fatal circular reasoning loop.

Break the loop and I'll continue talking and educating you. (Spoiler alert: You won't.)  Cheesy

There is another thing you have blundered into. After all, did I ever show that circle? No. You were the one who showed it. So, you were the one who blundered into it, just like you blundered into your atheism/anti-God stupidity.

Cool

You didn't "show" the circle, it's your logic put into an easy to understand pretty diagram.
You said nobody can know if God is speaking to them, unless it matches what's in the bible. Thus you have just claimed the bible is the word of God. Thus you have entered the circular argument in the diagram at that point. (It's the one on the far left, if your struggling.)

Of course you knew this already, and just trying to avoid my challenge of you breaking out of the circle.

You'll get dizzy keep spinning round and round like that. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Cool

All you've done here is change the wording of your circular logic. Nothing changed (except the wording), your still in it.
If your suggesting strength == truth, then sadly you are committing an argumentum ad populum fallacy.

Attempt to break out of your circle with a fallacy won't work.

Have another go. Try again.

Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:02:23 PM

We are all sinner's and we are going to church every sunday to pay or to clean our sins we always keep our faith and believing always in god. And in my thoughts that Atheists really hate religion is because they don't believe on what preist telling to people reading non sense bible on them and they not believing on god that he really exist.

Jesus paid the penalty for all sins, once, on the cross. Mass simply reminds us of this, so that we do not go out and sin more, because the more we sin, the more our faith in God is stressed. We don't want to lose our faith in God, because that is the way we receive Jesus-Salvation... through faith. We don't want our faith to be stressed out of existence.

Cool
Im agree with that jesus paid our sins and penalty we made every day and we need to become more faith on him and be thankful every sunday you need one day only to go in church and pray for forgiveness and after that we receive jesus salvation through faith and that's really make us more humanity and become more kind.
stats

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:10:26 PM

We are all sinner's and we are going to church every sunday to pay or to clean our sins we always keep our faith and believing always in god. And in my thoughts that Atheists really hate religion is because they don't believe on what preist telling to people reading non sense bible on them and they not believing on god that he really exist.

Jesus paid the penalty for all sins, once, on the cross. Mass simply reminds us of this, so that we do not go out and sin more, because the more we sin, the more our faith in God is stressed. We don't want to lose our faith in God, because that is the way we receive Jesus-Salvation... through faith. We don't want our faith to be stressed out of existence.

Cool
Im agree with that jesus paid our sins and penalty we made every day and we need to become more faith on him and be thankful every sunday you need one day only to go in church and pray for forgiveness and after that we receive jesus salvation through faith and that's really make us more humanity and become more kind.

Believe what you like..... if it makes you a better person good for you. I prefer not to believe in a fairy tale and put my faith in myself and what I can see and touch.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 02:05:23 PM

Cool

Believe what you like..... if it makes you a better person good for you. I prefer not to believe in a fairy tale and put my faith in myself and what I can see and touch.

Thank you for allowing us to believe as we wish. Just believing something in the simple way we believe things, doesn't make them the truth.

Since you prefer to not believe in fairy tales, stop believing in the fairy tale that God does NOT exist. Look at the proof and the evidence in detail. It's important for your life.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
stats

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 02:09:18 PM

Cool

Thank you for allowing us to believe as we wish. Just believing something in the simple way we believe things, doesn't make them the truth.

Since you prefer to not believe in fairy tales, stop believing in the fairy tale that God does NOT exist. Look at the proof and the evidence in detail. It's important for your life.

Cool

Show me the proof! Everything you write is based on your belief of a fairy tale book. Have your god come down to earth and meet me for a beer. You have not shown a single bit of proof which makes me believe. Hence why I am an atheist. You choose to answer points and avoid others which you cannot answer. Your own holy book calls you stupid and yet you defend it. You are blinded to the reality of what is happening around you.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 02:38:12 PM

Cool

Cool

Show me the proof! Everything you write is based on your belief of a fairy tale book. Have your god come down to earth and meet me for a beer. You have not shown a single bit of proof which makes me believe. Hence why I am an atheist. You choose to answer points and avoid others which you cannot answer. Your own holy book calls you stupid and yet you defend it. You are blinded to the reality of what is happening around you.

It's a miracle book in at least 3 ways:
1. It has miracles recorded in it;
2. The fact of its existence is a miracle;
3. It is the miraculous thing that God works through to save souls.

Proof for proof. The things that you believe are fairy tales, even for yourself, without proof.

Cool

stats

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 02:46:28 PM

Cool

Cool

Proof for proof. The things that you believe are fairy tales, even for yourself, without proof.

Cool

As we have discovered..... the book is written by man. No different to any other fictional book. It did not miraculously appear. So there is no proof to be found.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 02:56:27 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

As we have discovered..... the book is written by man. No different to any other fictional book. It did not miraculously appear. So there is no proof to be found.

The Bible didn't miraculously "poof" appear. Yet the fact of its existence in the form that it is in is extremely miraculous.

In American law, all of it is based on a flow of things recorded over a period of hundreds of years. They started even before the Magna Carta in England. Yet the law in America is still based on the Magna Carta.

In a similar way, the Bible is a recorded history of the things that God caused His prophets to write. And, He works through the words of the Bible in the hearts of all who believe in Him for salvation.

Don't miss out on your salvation... except if you really want to, that is.

Cool

TooQik

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 12:51:15 AM

Just believing something in the simple way we believe things, doesn't make them the truth.

Oh the irony!!!

[sarcasm] Of course there's proof in the Bible, it says so right in the Bible. [/sarcasm]  Cheesy
same21

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:15:35 AM

In my opinion some atheist does not hate religion but they acknowledge the fact the some things that are happening bad are caused by religion like war, discrimination, famine and violence. Religion topics are very sensitive enough to cause these things to happen. They regard Religion as social issues and differences.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 03:38:35 AM

In my opinion some atheist does not hate religion but they acknowledge the fact the some things that are happening bad are caused by religion like war, discrimination, famine and violence. Religion topics are very sensitive enough to cause these things to happen. They regard Religion as social issues and differences.

Atheism is a religion. Everything that fits other religions fits atheism, except that atheists attempt to cover up the fact that they believe in God.

Cool

dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 04:31:17 AM

One of the foundations on which I stand is the recognition that we don't really know where this universe came from, and very little about how it works. Those who say that they know don't have any proof for what they say. The point is, there is no way that we can know, on our own, whether or not there will be a resurrection. Creation happened once without our understanding how. Why can't it happen again?

@BADecker  A couple pages back you said "God" speaks to the hearts of people. In fact it's your very essential central Self that self-consciously reflect upon all-that-is, including, not only all of who you are, have been, and are becoming, but also all of who you are in relation to all-that-is-around-you as well (especially other human beings), that "speaks" - an echo of rational quintessential self-reflection, that is being (self-consciously) reflected upon by all that read this here in digital format, transmitted electronically, and imprinted into chemical memory.

@BADecker  As to your quote above - I like you, using your imagination when you say Why can't it happen again? An essentially imaginative question you are asking here. This is what we should be doing - asking questions and imagining realities, which continue to emerge, as we ourselves have emerged, not being there beforehand, to choose to be here or not, and not being there afterwards, to again, choosing to be there or not.

MiSKLaCH

Activity: 417
Merit: 253

I hate everyone, equally.

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 10:40:45 AM

Atheism is a religion. Everything that fits other religions fits atheism, except that atheists attempt to cover up the fact that they believe in God.

Cool

What The Fuck?!?! You are really saying that I am an atheist because I believe in god but I want to cover up?
You cannot be so stupid man, please don't spread your DNA! Commit suicide now and dispose of yourself properly!

I hate everyone, equally.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 11:00:54 AM

Cool

What The Fuck?!?! You are really saying that I am an atheist because I believe in god but I want to cover up?
You cannot be so stupid man, please don't spread your DNA! Commit suicide now and dispose of yourself properly!

Everybody believes in God way down deep in His heart.

Everybody who says that God doesn't exist is attempting to set himself up as god above God.

When you look at the complete definition of "religion," you will find that, whether or not a person believes in God, atheism is a religion.

Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: