Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:23:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901258 times)
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 01:21:47 AM

Well, religious people hate other religions as well... It is only fair for atheists to hate those who don't believe in their religion of there being no religions.

saying atheism is a religion is like saying baldness is a hair color

oh yeah, my religion is no religion, makes total sense....not .
but then again i don't blame these pious folk who think this way.
 this is typical logic coming from their brains unfortunately infected with that insidious nasty virus called religion.

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:41:41 AM

Well, religious people hate other religions as well... It is only fair for atheists to hate those who don't believe in their religion of there being no religions.

this is typical logic coming from their brains unfortunately infected with that insidious nasty virus called religion.

I agree, it is not smart to say that atheism is religion. Atheism is conviction, maybe its near belief, but its not belief truly. But i don't agree that people who believe in any religion is "infected" or anything. I have meet some really smart and good people, even when they found out i don't believe in God totally didn't try to convince me in there point of view or told me i am wrong. We even had really good conversation on religion theme.
ValeryBark

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 12:49:27 PM

I agree, it is not smart to say that atheism is religion. Atheism is conviction, maybe its near belief, but its not belief truly. But i don't agree that people who believe in any religion is "infected" or anything. I have meet some really smart and good people, even when they found out i don't believe in God totally didn't try to convince me in there point of view or told me i am wrong. We even had really good conversation on religion theme.
Among the believers is about 1% of fanatics. They actually represent a major threat to other people. And it's not for a particular religion. This applies to all. Now it provokes hostility with the Muslims, but look how many actually Muslims are ready to commit a terrorist attack.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 12:57:06 PM

Among the believers is about 1% of fanatics. They actually represent a major threat to other people. And it's not for a particular religion. This applies to all. Now it provokes hostility with the Muslims, but look how many actually Muslims are ready to commit a terrorist attack.
You are right for what you say about fanatics. They are the real problem in every religion. I personally don't hate Muslim people, and i try to be objective about things in life, but somehow the most terrorists attack are made by Muslim religion fanatics. And that is why people start to not like them. I don't think its religion on its own what is the problem, but people who preach it wrong way, and people who are dumb enough to think its truth.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 12:59:18 PM

Well I think the word hate is a bit misplaced here. I don't think atheists in general "hate" religion. It's not like when you don't believe in something you hate the notion that it represents. I think atheists just tend to be on the side of logic and reason and it's not bad to sometimes think about things and be logical instead of believing blindly.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 01:09:04 PM

Atheism is not religion. Religion lives on faith and believe of the supernatural beings and God while atheism does not. Atheism does not faith on the supernatural beings since it is very illogical for them. They dont hate religion but they just dont want to join. They are contented with their lives and religion is a waste of time. Atheism is not a religion but a conviction.
ValeryBark

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 01:12:31 PM

You are right for what you say about fanatics. They are the real problem in every religion. I personally don't hate Muslim people, and i try to be objective about things in life, but somehow the most terrorists attack are made by Muslim religion fanatics. And that is why people start to not like them. I don't think its religion on its own what is the problem, but people who preach it wrong way, and people who are dumb enough to think its truth.
You are quite right. Really now the Muslim fanatics are attacking because the Islamic state had decided to weaken the West. But it will pass. I once had to visit a district in which lived the Orthodox Jews. I will tell you they are as crazy as Muslims. And the same aggressive. They simply have not yet the task is to destabilize the situation.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 02:11:28 PM

True that here in my country people are always fighting into social media where they always tell to others that why they always bow to stone saint ? And others say that why they god are also a people who created that religion people are making crap on social media where they don't accept the belief of each everyone.

signature200

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 02:33:31 PM

True that here in my country people are always fighting into social media where they always tell to others that why they always bow to stone saint ? And others say that why they god are also a people who created that religion people are making crap on social media where they don't accept the belief of each everyone.
I do think that in social networks during the discussion of the problems of the degree of aggression is much higher than normal live chat. Perhaps this is due to the fact that people feel their impunity and allow yourself more harsh statements without the fear of getting hit in the face.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 03:30:56 PM

Atheism is not religion. Religion lives on faith and believe of the supernatural beings and God while atheism does not. Atheism does not faith on the supernatural beings since it is very illogical for them. They dont hate religion but they just dont want to join. They are contented with their lives and religion is a waste of time. Atheism is not a religion but a conviction.

Atheism is religion because science and nature prove that God exists, and atheists can't rebut this proof with any facts. See the proof:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1355109.msg14047133#msg14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg16803380#msg16803380.

The way that atheism is religion is that atheists have a god, or many gods. Each one of them sets himself/herself up as god by stating that God does not exist when it is proven that God exists. Which god is greater? The real God, or the atheist-god that tries to have strength greater than God by denying His existence in the face of the evidence and proof?

In addition, just because an atheist doesn't know that atheism is a religion, doesn't refute and rebut the definition of religion that says (indirectly, and by inference) that atheism is a religion - http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Barrymore

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 03:39:08 PM

Atheism is religion because science and nature prove that God exists, and atheists can't rebut this proof with any facts. See the proof:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1355109.msg14047133#msg14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg16803380#msg16803380.

The way that atheism is religion is that atheists have a god, or many gods. Each one of them sets himself/herself up as god by stating that God does not exist when it is proven that God exists. Which god is greater? The real God, or the atheist-god that tries to have strength greater than God by denying His existence in the face of the evidence and proof?

In addition, just because an atheist doesn't know that atheism is a religion, doesn't refute and rebut the definition of religion that says (indirectly, and by inference) that atheism is a religion - http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t.

Cool
Not agree with you. Always bring proof of the existence of something. How can you not prove the existence of God? It is not all. If you think he is, then show it to me. What says religion does not impress me. It is a continuous fiction.
gowtham

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:08:16 PM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

I am an atheist but obviously not a member of that “some atheists” group that hate religion. I cannot read peoples mind so I cannot give you an answer to the why part of the question, but you asked me to answer and I can comment on the question details and explain why I don't hate religion.
  Religion is of cause not a scientific facts. 
But a lot of us are scientists and just use religion as a belief for what isn't science.

UserNumber7

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:44:34 PM

It mostly depends on your own implementation of the ''no God exists'' thesis, and the definition you give to the word religion itself.
Leaving aside that mine was a play of words, at a very basic level you still don't have any proof that God does not exist (and you will never have that). It is true that most atheists (as myself) use logic to defy religion, but at the very end, it's still a belief.
Then, when you take things to extremes, I do like to call ''religions'' a broader amount of things, from soccer teams to ideology.
But keeping things literally, the ''demonstrably not faith based'' form of atheism is agnosticism.
sedrick

Activity: 101

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:41:14 PM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

I am an atheist but obviously not a member of that “some atheists” group that hate religion. I cannot read peoples mind so I cannot give you an answer to the why part of the question, but you asked me to answer and I can comment on the question details and explain why I don't hate religion.
  Religion is of cause not a scientific facts. 
But a lot of us are scientists and just use religion as a belief for what isn't science.

Some atheists do hate religion, but others do not. (I would be one of the latter).

The only thing that all atheists have in common is a lack of belief in God or gods
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:36:09 AM

+1

Or saying that not playing sports is a sport.

Of course you are both wrong. Why are you wrong? You forgot to look up the definition of "religion" to see that atheism fits right in there. Check #6 at http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t to see that atheism is a religion.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:55:58 AM

because atheist have their own beliefs in their self and they don't believe in God
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:33:11 AM

Problem isn't Religion. Bigotry is the problem. Athiest or religious people should try as much as they can not to be bigots.
North Korea is an athiest country with lot of bigotry. China seems to have cleaned up on its own bigotry a little bit.

Athiests hating Religion sound very bigoted & hypocritical.
The Problem has always been Bigotry.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:03:06 AM

Problem isn't Religion. Bigotry is the problem. Athiest or religious people should try as much as they can not to be bigots.
North Korea is an athiest country with lot of bigotry. China seems to have cleaned up on its own bigotry a little bit.

It's the religion telling us we should not do this and that ..
And apparently it was some magic invisible sky daddy who told us how to behave Roll Eyes..

Now this sky daddy said if we don't follow his ways of thinking then we should roast in hell forever..
So what do you think his followers think?..Now who is the bigot Wink.

And the worst is no one is even there ..CRAZY DOO DOO Cheesy..

Now enjoy this ..You pray and what do you ask for..A good life? Like loads of food and stuff..

Well i don't pray and i placed 1.50p on a bet last night and won 1200 pounds Cheesy..

Do you know how i won The GAMBLING GODS LET ME Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy..

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 09:18:42 AM

It's the religion telling us we should not do this and that ..
And apparently it was some magic invisible sky daddy who told us how to behave Roll Eyes..

Now this sky daddy said if we don't follow his ways of thinking then we should roast in hell forever..
So what do you think his followers think?..Now who is the bigot Wink.

And the worst is no one is even there ..CRAZY DOO DOO Cheesy..

Now enjoy this ..You pray and what do you ask for..A good life? Like loads of food and stuff..

Well i don't pray and i placed 1.50p on a bet last night and won 1200 pounds Cheesy..

Do you know how i won The GAMBLING GODS LET ME Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy..

The so called "Sky daddy" may be real.
I had a shocking experience that changed me from athiest to agnostic.
I can show lots of proofs here if you're interested
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:52:30 PM

because atheist have their own beliefs in their self and they don't believe in God

They are essentially setting themselves up as god by stating with firm conviction that God does not exist, when they don't know enough to KNOW that God doesn't exist.    

Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: