Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:24:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646814 times)
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:05:32 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2017, 02:32:21 PM by r0ach

theres a reason nasa ibm and microsoft do most of their software in India for example.

Lol, the reason is not because Indian people are somehow smarter than others.  It's because corporations practice global labor arbitrage, outsourcing work from the 1st to the 3rd world for pennies on the dollar until it causes the 1st world to collapse and the 3rd world to rise up in cost.  Then they close up shop in India (causing it to collapse just like the US) and move to the next 3rd world country creating a perpetual state of boom and bust with cheap labor for evil international financiers to exploit.  Globalization is garbage, period.  It benefits nobody except international bankers and their sanctioned minions in the long run.

1. Aboriginals are not modern day cavemen. I live in an area with a large Aboriginal population and can confirm your ignorance.

As much flac as black people get for being primitive or violent or whatever, it's blatantly clear that the aboriginal bone structure is the one that's VASTLY different from all the rest, to the point where they're basically a different species:

The skull is much more similar to something like "Peking Man", an earlier homo erectus human ancestor:

Generally, the more primitive the DNA, the greater the ridges are by the eyebrows and more the mouth sticks out compared to the nose like in the following picture:

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:11:44 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2017, 04:04:35 PM by OROBTC

Corruption in Washington?  Unpossible!

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/politics/the-firm-that-created-the-dossier-refuses-to-produce-docs-to-congress/

Fusion GPS, apparently a private partisan political research that seems to have FAKED the bogus dossier on Trump and Russia, has refused to provide info Congress on how the dossier was created and who financed it...  Three ex-journalists founded the firm.
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:27:54 PM

But I don't plan to go in detail -- too much work.

Thus far your position is firm on TORAH - thus I take you're of Judaist faith - I maybe wrong.  Do you also hold the view that King James Bible or other "CHRISTIAN BIBLE's" remain the same?

I limited my argument to the Old-Testament as the archeological record is strongest. In my opinion it is an indisputable fact that this text has been faithfully transcribed for the last 2000 years or so based on the archeological record.

Regarding the New-Testament it is more complex for a variety of reasons. I am honestly not familiar enough with the history of NT transcriptions to help here. However, I would argue that as the Old-Testament has been faithfully transcribed for 2000 years then the burden of proof is on the skeptic if one wishes to argue that same fidelity does not hold for the NT.

My personal religious position is that of Ethical Monotheism but I am not affiliated with any Jewish, Christian, or Islamic group. This prior post of mine accurately describes my views.

Ethical monotheism is probably the single greatest contributor to human progress from any source since human culture emerged from the stone ages. This force which emerged first in Judaism and and spread throughout the world via the mediums of Christianity and Islam continues to shape human destiny even in a time when much of the world foolishly rejects it as irrelevant.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/mono.html
Quote from: Dennis Prager
Nature is amoral. Nature knows nothing of good and evil. In nature there is one rule—survival of the fittest. There is no right, only might. If a creature is weak, kill it. Only human beings could have moral rules such as, "If it is weak, protect it." Only human beings can feel themselves ethically obligated to strangers.
Nature allows you to act naturally, i.e., do only what you want you to do, without moral restraints; God does not. Nature lets you act naturally - and it is as natural to kill, rape, and enslave as it is to love.
One of the vital elements in the ethical monotheist revolution was its repudiation of nature as god. The evolution of civilization and morality have depended in large part on desanctifying nature.
Civilizations that equated gods with nature—a characteristic of all primitive societies—or that worshipped nature did not evolve.
Words cannot convey the magnitude of the change wrought by the Bible's introduction into the world of a God who rules the universe morally.
ethical monotheism suggests more than that God demands ethical behavior; it means that Gods primary demand is ethical behavior. It means that God cares about how we treat one another more than He cares about anything else.

Thus, ethical monotheism's message remains as. radical today as when it was first promulgated. The secular world has looked elsewhere for its values, while even many religious Jews, Christians, and Muslims believe that Gods primary demand is something other than ethics.

http://old.explorefaith.org/neighbors/beliefs/nature_j.html
Quote from: Howard Greenstein
To hold that God is the Source and Sustainer of moral values is to insist upon an objective status for ethical ideals. They are not the impulsive fabrication of human minds, but are grounded in the very bedrock of creation. Moral laws have objective validity similar to the laws of physics. They are not our invention, but it is for us to discover them. Just as it would be foolish to defy the law of gravity and hope to escape its consequences, so is it perilous to presume that a human infant can grow to emotional maturity without ever being loved or cared for. In both cases the penalty for ignoring the law is a natural consequence of defying the given realities of the universe. The uniqueness of God in this context is the complex but delicate blend of both physical and spiritual reality in a single deity which accounts for the balance, harmony and order of nature within us and without.

Ethical monotheism is not just a way of talking about God. It is a way of understanding human experience; it is a way of organizing the world in which we live. It is a faith that attempts to explain what we do not know by beginning with what we do know. We do know our awareness of this world is rooted in a unity of our own senses. We do know that defiance of moral law invites a disaster as devastating as any contempt for the laws of physics or chemistry or biology. We know, in short, that we cannot fathom it all and that this world is ultimately grounded in mystery. And that singular ethical mystery is what we call God

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:35:34 PM

Ethical monotheism is probably the single greatest contributor to human progress

It's not "ethical monotheism" propping up civilization as can be seen by the "Florida effect" where people are far more likely to agree to being taxed to support local schools that share the same genes as them, while they resist being taxed to support what they consider foreign invader gene pools.  It's simply the fact that they view people with the same genes as them as being possible relatives and treat them as such (a selfish gene type scenario) instead of killing or stealing from them.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:03:43 PM

Ethical monotheism is probably the single greatest contributor to human progress

It's not "ethical monotheism" propping up civilization as can be seen by the "Florida effect" where people are far more likely to agree to being taxed to support local schools that share the same genes as them, while they resist being taxed to support what they consider foreign invader gene pools.  It's simply the fact that they view people with the same genes as them as being possible relatives and treat them as such (a selfish gene type scenario) instead of killing or stealing from them.

We are very close now to the time when consciousness supersedes genetics. In a very primitively way we already screen out deadly genes.

See:
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis: PGD
http://americanpregnancy.org/infertility/preimplantation-genetic-diagnosis/

Sooner or later it will be possible to choose the skin color of your child and a variety of other things before conception.

Whether we are ready for this or not this technology is coming and any concept of race will die with it. The reality is that there is only one human race. It comes in a variety of phenotypes and the differences between these phenotypes do matter but will inevitably become less significant and ultimately trivial with time.

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:14:47 PM

CoinCube wrote:

[...]

"Sooner or later it will be possible to choose the skin color of your child and a variety of other things before conception."

[...]

That will open up many cans of worms.......

I wonder what the percentages of skin colors (and other traits) would look like when that comes...?

Intelligent.  Handsome/Pretty.  Strong & Healthy.

Not trying to be racist or anything here, but I once remember reading years ago THE PRICE ($) that a typical white guy would have to get to "become" an African-American (you know by magic or whatever).  Pay me THIS, and yeah, OK, I'd change over to become black.

And what was that price?  A cool $1,000,000 was the average.  I am unable to provide a link to that, perhaps someone who is not as lazy as I am would (or would otherwise comment).

Risk Mgmt

Activity: 158
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:32:08 PM

But I don't plan to go in detail -- too much work.

Thus far your position is firm on TORAH - thus I take you're of Judaist faith - I maybe wrong.  Do you also hold the view that King James Bible or other "CHRISTIAN BIBLE's" remain the same?

I limited my argument to the Old-Testament as the archeological record is strongest. In my opinion it is an indisputable fact that this text has been faithfully transcribed for the last 2000 years or so based on the archeological record.

Regarding the New-Testament it is more complex for a variety of reasons. I am honestly not familiar enough with the history of NT transcriptions to help here. However, I would argue that as the Old-Testament has been faithfully transcribed for 2000 years then the burden of proof is on the skeptic if one wishes to argue that same fidelity does not hold for the NT.

My personal religious position is that of Ethical Monotheism but I am not affiliated with any Jewish, Christian, or Islamic group. This prior post of mine accurately describes my views.

Hi CoinCube,

Thank you again - We can peacefully agree to disagree and respect each others view - I trust that is okay.
I also wish to Thank you for handling this sensitive dialogue with such care - keeping things much civil.

I will agree with you on your statement "single greatest contributor to human progress"  Indeed it is true under the Three Abrahamic - much progress was made  - when the adherents bought into Social solidarity with an emphasis on unity, group consciousness and sense of shared purpose, and social cohesion.

But also - when the above breakdown due to various decaying components...the system also falls just as hard -- we see that today.  The Moral Decay / Corruption / Poverty...lack of unity (complete Divide).

Risk Mgmt

Activity: 158
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:38:48 PM

I contacted Ask-Socrates Team inquiring if I can pay upfront for one year to standard feeds - instead of monthly charge of $14.99 to access feeds/private blog alerts etc and the answer was NO.

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:04:53 PM

Risk Mgmt

Risk, that's unfortunate that Armstrong's organization would not let you pay what looks like a very good way to access their services.  Hmm.  Inexplicable to me.  Maybe they have HUGE money behind them and can afford to be snobs...

Risk Mgmt and CoinCube

I have mentioned Steven Pinker's book that I am plowing through now (had a chance to read over 20 more pages at lunch during our busy vacation).  The part I am reading about now is about genocide.  And like other violence that Pinker has discussed in the previous 345 or pages, genocide deaths are getting lower and lower (with ups and downs of course, but the TRENDS are there).

Metaphysical Christian author Emmet Fox ("Friends of Bill" know about him!) wrote back in the 1940s or so that we will ALL be saved in the end, that God will not consign His children to permanent death nor hell.  He is an author who has influenced my thinking a lot, before I joined bitcointalk.

CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:54:09 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2017, 06:24:22 PM by CoinCube

Hi CoinCube,

Thank you again - We can peacefully agree to disagree and respect each others view - I trust that is okay.
I also wish to Thank you for handling this sensitive dialogue with such care - keeping things much civil.

I will agree with you on your statement "single greatest contributor to human progress"  Indeed it is true under the Three Abrahamic - much progress was made  - when the adherents bought into Social solidarity with an emphasis on unity, group consciousness and sense of shared purpose, and social cohesion.

But also - when the above breakdown due to various decaying components...the system also falls just as hard -- we see that today.  The Moral Decay / Corruption / Poverty...lack of unity (complete Divide).

Of course I very much enjoyed the conversation. I do not claim any special insight into these issues but I do try to be persistent.

As Charlton said "Error is self-correcting IF we stick by it honestly, and follow it through to conclusion. An honest fool will sooner or later become wise - indeed in essentials he already is wise, as such things are measured in mortal life."

I count myself among the honest fools and take the position that we all would be surprised if we were shown how much of what we currently accept as truth is really falsehood.

In regards to the current moral decay / corruption / decline I currently believe that these are simply stages necessary steps in our overall education and development. I outlined my thinking on this in:

Cycles of Contention

and also in:

Religion and Progress

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:32:27 PM

Much to Anonymint's horror, Monero is starting to look bullish to me from here.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:38:54 AM

theres a reason nasa ibm and microsoft do most of their software in India for example.

Lol, the reason is not because Indian people are somehow smarter than others.  It's because corporations practice global labor arbitrage, outsourcing work from the 1st to the 3rd world for pennies on the dollar until it causes the 1st world to collapse and the 3rd world to rise up in cost.  Then they close up shop in India (causing it to collapse just like the US) and move to the next 3rd world country creating a perpetual state of boom and bust with cheap labor for evil international financiers to exploit.  Globalization is garbage, period.  It benefits nobody except international bankers and their sanctioned minions in the long run.

1. Aboriginals are not modern day cavemen. I live in an area with a large Aboriginal population and can confirm your ignorance.

As much flac as black people get for being primitive or violent or whatever, it's blatantly clear that the aboriginal bone structure is the one that's VASTLY different from all the rest, to the point where they're basically a different species:

The skull is much more similar to something like "Peking Man", an earlier homo erectus human ancestor:

Generally, the more primitive the DNA, the greater the ridges are by the eyebrows and more the mouth sticks out compared to the nose like in the following picture:

You are incorrect in youe generalization again roach. Yes if cost is the only factor why India? Why not africa or a cheaper country? You love making stuff up I know that. India has the most advanced computer science curriculum at a few certain universities that only allow the best of the best. Fortune 500s nasa et all line up to snatch them up soon as they graduate.

Sorry but you suffer from informational parallysis. You gain knowledge from wikipedia and try to gain insight by extrapolating based off of unfounded knowledge. I know because of the patterns you present and im good at pattern detection. I used to do the same in my generalizations until I realized its common amongst the internet heros that pretend to know it all but know not much in actuality. Like how precious metals are a better form of money than crypto, fiat is even better than gold.. ticks off more boxes but not as much as crypto does.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:40:36 AM

Your always the opposite play to me.. i think ill sell some xmr and.buy some eth here
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:15:06 PM

Your always the opposite play to me.. i think ill sell some xmr and.buy some eth here

XMR was 0.0176 when I typed that and longed, then it went to 0.01888.  As for Eth, it's a scam propped up by the R3 group, so it will be propped up until the bankers decide they want to liquidate.

You are incorrect in youe generalization again roach. Yes if cost is the only factor why India? Why not africa or a cheaper country? You love making stuff up I know that. India has the most advanced computer science curriculum at a few certain universities that only allow the best of the best.

Has zero to do with anything special about Indians.  Both India and China are overpopulated, thus ripe to be exploited by global labor arbitrage.  If Russia or Sweden was mindlessly having a million kids each, then they would be farming labor there because excess population drives down wages.  The fact that places like the horn of Africa are overpopulated yet produce no viable stock for these international financiers to farm labor from does kinda tell you something though.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:37:23 PM

XMR was 0.0176 when I typed that and longed, then it went to 0.01888.  As for Eth, it's a scam propped up by the R3 group, so it will be propped up until the bankers decide they want to liquidate.

You are incorrect in youe generalization again roach. Yes if cost is the only factor why India? Why not africa or a cheaper country? You love making stuff up I know that. India has the most advanced computer science curriculum at a few certain universities that only allow the best of the best.

Has zero to do with anything special about Indians.  Both India and China are overpopulated, thus ripe to be exploited by global labor arbitrage.  If Russia or Sweden was mindlessly having a million kids each, then they would be farming labor there because excess population drives down wages.  The fact that places like the horn of Africa are overpopulated yet produce no viable stock for these international financiers to farm labor from does kinda tell you something though.
Your missing my point. Indians are especially good as computer science. Try finding that on wikipedia. Hint you wont. That is why they are recruited exlusively by big agencies. That is just an example. The fact is if you give third world kids equal opportunity they will finish with more knowledge than locals because of that drive that lacks in locals who feel entitled.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:51:41 PM

Good old Come from Beyond, always ready to tackle the difficult questions:

First, let's discuss the main problems with Iota vs Byteball:

1)  Anti-spam PoW (unprofitable PoW) for emails was entirely designed for one-offs.  You put in some labor and the state changes from 0 to 1 once it's been satisfied and this information is now meaningless and can be thrown away afterwards.  Satoshi decided that in order to chain the past to the future in a continous ledger, he would need to create a linked list with a get rich quick scheme built on top of it, otherwise there are no incentives for the burden associated with the cost of holding this data forever.  

It seems like IOTA was invented (unprofitable PoW) while ignoring everything Satoshi learned needed to be utilized in order to launch the bitcoin scheme.  True, Iota could utilize a form of pruning, thus correcting the incentives problem and dragging it back to more like email PoW in nature, but then you have a very fragile, unsound money system with no valid form of state recovery if it goes down.

I'm not saying bitcoin is sound money, because it's not.  It doesn't function as a store of value due to price floor being recursive based on it's own demand, meaning you can always mine an endless stream of coins as transaction fees at the new floor and the floor can crater to nothingness at any time unless bitcoin was the unit of account of something (but it never will be since it doesn't function as a store of value - chicken and egg scenario).

Most attempts to increase bitcoin scalability in altcoins, and thus lower redundancy, seem to make it even less sound money where you can no longer trick people into believing it's money at all.  People will see how fragile they are and treat them as they should be, just as a throwaway currency like airline miles instead of pretending they are a valid store of value like gold or silver.

As for Byteball:

2)  Is there really a purpose in a, hmm how to describe it in general, a branching/multi-threaded/non-linear system like a DAG if you're just using bitshares-style consensus to force convergence and make it linear in a single path again?

Enough off-topic for today.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
2girls

Activity: 1002
Merit: 254

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:15:06 PM

The guy has done nothing, but re-work the work of others since day one and get away with it.  Must be that "7000 living languages" that you guys are claiming are out there. 

CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:24:57 PM

The guy has done nothing, but re-work the work of others since day one and get away with it.  Must be that "7000 living languages" that you guys are claiming are out there. 

Here is where I pulled that number from. I have not really looked into it in depth.

http://www.education.rec.ri.cmu.edu/fire/naclo/pages/Ling/Fact/num-languages.html
Number of languages

The total number of languages is estimated to be between three thousand and eight thousand. It is difficulty to give a more accurate number, since linguists sometimes disagree what are distinct languages and what are dialects of the same language.
The Ethnologue catalogue of world languages, which is one of the best linguistic resources, currently lists 6909 living languages. About 6% of them have more than a million speakers each, and collectively account for 94% of the world population. On the other hand, about half of the languages are spoken by fewer than ten thousand people, and about quarter have fewer than one thousand speakers.

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:32:39 PM

The guy has done nothing, but re-work the work of others since day one and get away with it.  Must be that "7000 living languages" that you guys are claiming are out there.  

Here is where I pulled that number from. I have not really looked into it in depth.

http://www.education.rec.ri.cmu.edu/fire/naclo/pages/Ling/Fact/num-languages.html
Number of languages

The total number of languages is estimated to be between three thousand and eight thousand. It is difficulty to give a more accurate number, since linguists sometimes disagree what are distinct languages and what are dialects of the same language.
The Ethnologue catalogue of world languages, which is one of the best linguistic resources, currently lists 6909 living languages. About 6% of them have more than a million speakers each, and collectively account for 94% of the world population. On the other hand, about half of the languages are spoken by fewer than ten thousand people, and about quarter have fewer than one thousand speakers.

I did my own quickie Google search, and your link, CC, was the top one.  I had always thought the number of languages spoken was around 700.  I was surprised to see that the number of languages of speakers of over 1000 people was 2000.

It may be very difficult to "count spoken languages" to everyone's satisfaction:

--  minimum number of speakers of that language
--  dialects (LOTS (?) in Italy?)  The Piedmontese (Turin and towards the Alps) have many words my wife does not recognize.

Etc.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:41:20 PM

with cons and charlatans like Martin Armstrong you always get something like "asset X will go up or down or stay flat". Yet somehow even with such predictions he always ends up being wrong.

I find it rather ironic he claims to have a miracle computer to predict the future but is unable to predict anything about bitcoin at all.  Oh, you need years of history to try and create an algo that will function correctly when backtested against the data?  Well, what good is that?  We don't live in a static universe with fixed variables and the same currency "flowing" around back and forth to the same fixed variables over and over.  

It's not like JP Morgan hasn't made a bad trade in years because they have miracle algos either, it's because the banks run the damn govt in a non-aggregate market where they can front run everything that happens in that market...which is controlled by...themselves.  Just a plain old algo, which is all that Armstrong uses, are notoriously bad against black swan events too, which he cannot predict.  Black swans aren't based on capital flows, they're based on random things like the dust bowl occurring from bad farming practices.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: