Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:28:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270078 times)
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 03:31:39 PM

As in forever?  You will only store your bitcoins and you dont have the intensions to sell it, how can you make money from it? Im so confused about the title.

There are people who don't use the bitcoin for their daily needs by cashing out. They have this to be the investment for future which will be more worth than the present.
Yes, I have saw people like that they restrict their daily needs, and try their best to collect coins in their wallets and for their daily needs and other purposes they try to spend fiats only, so that they keep their coins for the halving to get benefit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 03:40:52 PM

What is the point of holding bitcoin forever
and never sell it ?

...than BTC is just worthless numbers in your PC.
and never sell it ?

no one will keep their coins for ever. they surely will sell to secure profits at some point when the price reaches a level that they are happy with. for ever in this forum translates into something as a few years.

Literally first post.

When bitcoin rises to high enough values, there will be more merchants that accept it and thus instead of selling your bitcoins you simply use it in place of your current currency option [fiat currency of whatever kind]. You will be fine.

(Rewording what OP said just so newer posters can see)

Suppose: 1 bitcoin is worth $10000. In this instance, you should at least be able to use bitcoin in a lot of important areas where you need to pay. Either the bitcoin price soared, or the fiat price dropped down and you wouldn't even WANT to exchange it. Why would you sell it if you can just use it?

HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 04:09:20 PM

Eventually people will have to sell their bitcons to cash out profit or pay for bills  But i feel the spirit of the op. The current moment is not right for both reason.
If i need to buy something with BTC I rather buy bitcoin then to sell my current stash.

expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 07:32:09 PM

Eventually people will have to sell their bitcons to cash out profit or pay for bills  But i feel the spirit of the op. The current moment is not right for both reason.
If i need to buy something with BTC I rather buy bitcoin then to sell my current stash.
Yes, I think never is  not a good sentence, maybe the correct question is that why you should ever sell your bitcoin when it is not right time?

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
fravia

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 09:08:59 PM

and never sell it ?

no one will keep their coins for ever. they surely will sell to secure profits at some point when the price reaches a level that they are happy with. for ever in this forum translates into something as a few years.
well i will never sell any of my bitcoins to be honest because i believe that after a few decades it will be a good investment that i will be able to leave for my kids or something like that

i think that the price will grow at a very rapid pace in the near future what will allow me to make some good money out of it because of the halving that will be incoming after a few months

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
xht

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 09:20:57 PM

I just think that do not sell bitcoin for now. I feel bitcoin prices will go up, if you never sell bitcoin you have, then there is no point in you are looking for bitcoin
so what the point all of it, you say to not selling bitcoin for now then you say to never sell your bitcoin. sell it or not??

angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 09:32:26 PM

Actually most new bitcoiners are interested in this currency as an alternative to get huge rewards on the medium term. I have no doubt that when bitcoin reaches the $1000 level there will be thousands of newbies massively selling their bitcoins,  but I would prefer to keep them.
Dwelach

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:14:33 AM

Selling Bitcoin is around this time not the best thing that you can do because the value is not even that high now and that is the problem of Bitcoin and that must change.
Everyone wants to make profit with Bitcoin in a fast time and that is not possible now.
Doms

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:18:16 AM

There's no sense in never ever selling bitcoin, unless it reaches a point where it becomes useless. We hold on to something if it commands value. How long you want to have it and what value it holds will determine whether you still want to keep it or sell at a very good price.
Adrorecia

Activity: 275

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 08:20:51 AM

it's not that you don't have to buy something with them but if you store them
you can only get some profit out of it.
because the value of the coins are always changing so wait for the best moment.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 09:16:39 AM

The question should be when to sell you bitcoins because never selling them is not making any sense. If you want to make money out of bitcoins then you have to sell your coins.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:16:47 PM

I see the point but some of us can't hold a lot of money in bitcoin because we need the money to buy things.  Many purchases still can't be made with bitcoin.  When I'm ready to make a big purchase (car for example), I may need to sell a little of my bitcoin to help pay for it.
Yes, I had to sell my bitcoins to buy many things with selling my bitcons since I was not able to buy them with ordinary things.
Yes, it is sure that the price of bitcoin will go rise to more height, and especially at that time when we are not willing to sell our coins at lower price then the prople will buy the coins on our rates and we will earn better profit.
darkmagician

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:33:44 PM

The question should be when to sell you bitcoins because never selling them is not making any sense. If you want to make money out of bitcoins then you have to sell your coins.
yes you are right, i dont understand what the question exactly is, i cannot store  my bitcoins for a long time it only takes a month before i exchange my bitcoin into real cash
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 04:18:38 PM

I just think that do not sell bitcoin for now. I feel bitcoin prices will go up, if you never sell bitcoin you have, then there is no point in you are looking for bitcoin
Have you read the first post in this thread?
- snip -

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

- snip -
So, if the prices go up, we should trying to spend our Bitcoin directly to buy things instead sell our Bitcoin. That's not about the point why we are looking for Bitcoin.
Yes, at that time when we intensely need some goods for our living then we can no more afford to hold our coins and we have to buy that goods with our coins no matter what ever will be the future of bitcoin.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:02:42 PM

yes you are right, i dont understand what the question exactly is, i cannot store  my bitcoins for a long time it only takes a month before i exchange my bitcoin into real cash

Yes you have to sell your coins to earn from it. But maybe op wants to says that don't just sell your
bitcoins ever when you know if you won't get profit from it.
But still in the end, we need to sell our coins. That's the reality.

If you will not sell your bitcoins forever then what is the sense of making it hold for a long term. Foods that are stuck for a long time eventually become a spoiled one.
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:35:01 PM

yes you are right, i dont understand what the question exactly is, i cannot store  my bitcoins for a long time it only takes a month before i exchange my bitcoin into real cash

Yes you have to sell your coins to earn from it. But maybe op wants to says that don't just sell your

If you will not sell your bitcoins forever then what is the sense of making it hold for a long term. Foods that are stuck for a long time eventually become a spoiled one.

What is the sense? You can buy goods using bitcoin, you don't need to think bitcoin is a form of investment. This currency is just the same at fiat, the only difference is that; it is safer because you are anonymous. Wink
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 08:30:20 PM

yes you are right, i dont understand what the question exactly is, i cannot store  my bitcoins for a long time it only takes a month before i exchange my bitcoin into real cash

What is the sense? You can buy goods using bitcoin, you don't need to think bitcoin is a form of investment. This currency is just the same at fiat, the only difference is that; it is safer because you are anonymous. Wink

Well I think it is a form of investment because its profitable and many people see it has a investment if you ask me.
I honestly think its a good investment that is also used for payments but its standing for both..
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 09:25:55 PM

You should never sell the bitcoin because the bitcoin itself has a very good future a head this year but most likely also in the other upcoming years.
The bitcoin will grow and will be bigger and better.
raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 09:47:28 PM

You need to understand one thing: everything that goes up, goes down later.

If at some point, you're millionaire with thousands bitcoins at 10.000 each, then you should at least take some and spend... or maybe even invest in another thing.
maybe tomorrow bitcoins wont worth a penny.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:06:02 PM

You need to understand one thing: everything that goes up, goes down later.

If at some point, you're millionaire with thousands bitcoins at 10.000 each, then you should at least take some and spend... or maybe even invest in another thing.
maybe tomorrow bitcoins wont worth a penny.

There is without any doubt a small risk about holding bitcoins right now, but i don't think that the price will going down to the lowest level as you noticed. it could going down somehow for sometime and then going up again as usual since years.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: