Bitcoin Forum
July 20, 2019, 02:10:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM  (Read 390427 times)
Gleb Gamow
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1119

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 11:48:30 PM

Last updated 02/18/2016

Due to FTC activity and subsequent receivership and legal fees over the last year, Butterfly Labs has insufficient funds to pay out all refund requests at the present time.

BFL Wins!

Another fail for the US agencies.

Enjoy your back full of dicks Josh!

Looks like the only person who successfully got served by the courts pertaining to BFL was me. Now, I come within 500 feet (or is it yards?) of Josh Zerlan walking his rainbow poodles in his BTC-House neighborhood.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:09:38 AM

It is pathetic that he is still listing Butterfly Labs as his employer, in addition to his new gig.

Hey, I wonder if there's any reviews of Josh Zerlan at iFLY.

Hey, I found one: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g38969-d9801022-r345615920-IFLY_Kansas_City-Overland_Park_Kansas.html

“iFly is a must for the entire family!”

5 of 5 starsReviewed 1 week ago via mobile

iFly is a very welcome addition to Kansas City's list of 'things to do'! We have already made several trips to fly in the tunnel and we are addicted!! It is an awesome activity for our kids. The thing that makes this place even better than most is the enthusiasm of the staff. From the moment you walk in it is obvious that everyone there sincerely loves their job. Josh Z is coaching the kids and is fabulous with them. He makes it really fun and encourages them the whole way through. A truly positive experience. Highly recommend both iFly and Josh Z!

Visited February 2016

I'd say that somebody better tell Aime B about Josh's rainbow poodles. I mean, she entrusting a strange (pun intended) man to touch her kids and all, so she best have done a background check on him.
Searing
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151

Clueless!

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 05:38:44 AM

Last updated 02/18/2016

Due to FTC activity and subsequent receivership and legal fees over the last year, Butterfly Labs has insufficient funds to pay out all refund requests at the present time.

BFL Wins!

So now we can probably expect Josh back in forums here again......I'm calling such

well learned one thing ..no such thing as consumer protection in the usa anymore..unless you are protected by a corporation and it takes the fall....I miss the news program "60 minutes"
in the 70's / 80's when they would investigate and make the CE0 cry on camera because he is going to prison ..them days are past..but what is it 62 people own the equiv
of 1/2 of all the worlds wealth (or at least the equiv of 1/2 the world population)

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jan/18/richest-62-billionaires-wealthy-half-world-population-combined

so maybe this is not so surprising...can you imagine how much money would be made if Satoshi was a banker and patented bitcoin and the banks had exclusive use to it

prob be like 11 people owning 1/2 the wealth now instead

got to move to Iceland...all their bankers went to jail..the banks ate the losses....need to go to a sensible country (note : option if trump elected) don't hurt that

the country is in the top 3 or so of most beautiful women in the world......hmmmmmmm

hey josh ...lurking on here ...at least I got a refund out of you on BFL's panic refund 3 week spree when you tried to 'stave off' the FTC investigation ...so I got

my FULL 8.3k refund 1 year and 20 days later...also got into KNC miners to make up the losses I thought were gone forever with BFL ...so as a result I ROI'd and

made more then double the BTC I would have met..if you'd been in an honest company......so FU I win too you dick Smiley

sorry......just a preemptive 'strike' before all the trolls come back into this thread .....

Try out www.synchro.net An 'Old School' BBS (Bulletin Board System) works on Win /10/8/7 and Linux!
Three-minute install. The last upgrade was Jan 1st, 2019. I think you will be impressed with this project!
Gleb Gamow
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:28:38 AM

Last updated 02/18/2016

BFL Wins!

So now we can probably expect Josh back in forums here again......I'm calling such

well learned one thing ..no such thing as consumer protection in the usa anymore..unless you are protected by a corporation and it takes the fall....I miss the news program "60 minutes"
in the 70's / 80's when they would investigate and make the CE0 cry on camera because he is going to prison ..them days are past..but what is it 62 people own the equiv
of 1/2 of all the worlds wealth (or at least the equiv of 1/2 the world population)

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jan/18/richest-62-billionaires-wealthy-half-world-population-combined

so maybe this is not so surprising...can you imagine how much money would be made if Satoshi was a banker and patented bitcoin and the banks had exclusive use to it

prob be like 11 people owning 1/2 the wealth now instead

got to move to Iceland...all their bankers went to jail..the banks ate the losses....need to go to a sensible country (note : option if trump elected) don't hurt that

the country is in the top 3 or so of most beautiful women in the world......hmmmmmmm

hey josh ...lurking on here ...at least I got a refund out of you on BFL's panic refund 3 week spree when you tried to 'stave off' the FTC investigation ...so I got

my FULL 8.3k refund 1 year and 20 days later...also got into KNC miners to make up the losses I thought were gone forever with BFL ...so as a result I ROI'd and

made more then double the BTC I would have met..if you'd been in an honest company......so FU I win too you dick Smiley

sorry......just a preemptive 'strike' before all the trolls come back into this thread .....

Fuckin' great! Bruce Peterson is 5..... 4.... 3...
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1652

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 02:52:12 PM

So....

• the FTC came in and stopped the company trading
  • The FTC then appointed a receiver who charged 7 figure sums a month, while not allowing shipments to customers
  • The FTC failed to prove what they wanted to.
  • The FTC bankrupts BFL.
  • The FTC 'wins' by getting them to pay $4000......
  • BFL loses its company in the process
  • Any and all customers are left with $0 or hardware

*slow clap*

BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1965

BitcoinTalk's Most Fabulously Gay Black Power-Top

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:49:35 PM

The FTC proved their case, it's just that there was nothing meaningfully left of Butterfly Labs to recover after the FTC were done with them.

Butterfly Labs employees and management got away with their scam.

Justice was served.

Only in America.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1375

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:01:10 PM

Butter who? Is anyone really still talking about them? They're gone, newbies don't need to be protected from them, if you haven't got your money back or a product by now you aren't going to and there's nothing left to care about. Why is there any activity in these BFL threads at all? This is comparable to bitching about vinyl records or VHS tapes dying out. It's over, move on or seek out a vinyl record support group.

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 07:01:39 PM

Butter who? Is anyone really still talking about them? They're gone, newbies don't need to be protected from them, if you haven't got your money back or a product by now you aren't going to and there's nothing left to care about. Why is there any activity in these BFL threads at all? This is comparable to bitching about people posting in dormant threads vinyl records or VHS tapes dying out. It's over, I should move on or seek out a "people posting in dormant threads" vinyl record support group. People should only post in threads I approve of.

FTFY

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1375

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 11:34:38 PM

Butter who? Is anyone really still talking about them? They're gone, newbies don't need to be protected from them, if you haven't got your money back or a product by now you aren't going to and there's nothing left to care about. Why is there any activity in these BFL threads at all? This is comparable to bitching about people posting in dormant threads vinyl records or VHS tapes dying out. It's over, I should move on or seek out a "people posting in dormant threads" vinyl record support group. People should only post in threads I approve of.

FTFY

Hey, let's go hang out in the Pirate@40 or bitcoinica thread. lol

Actually, I only care because it keeps showing up in "new unread" and there's already enough crap to wade through.

Gleb Gamow
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:35:22 AM

Great! The FTC is also allowing Sonny Vleisides to father future scammers. The count's now up to three.

Does the last name of Angela Gambino Chambers do anything for you fellow sleuths? No, not the middle name, albeit that, too, elicits emotions, but not as lofty.
Searing
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151

Clueless!

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 11:36:27 AM

So....

• The FTC then appointed a receiver who charged 7 figure sums a month, while not allowing shipments to customers
  • The FTC bankrupts BFL.

*slow clap*

yeah but if the FTC finds any 'hidden' assets the agreement is moot..(roflmao...heh like the FTC is gonna after this settlement actually watch to see where all their btc hidden
coins/addresses are...NOT)

yep...hate to admit it ...but they really pretty much  got away scott free .smelling freshly showered after a massage .that did not 'quite' get the kinks out.but good enough

(as they hum out the door...life is not perfect ..but close) Sad

Their ONLY regret IMHO is giving back refunds for 3 weeks in a panic around April 2014 (How I got my 8.3k back 1year and 20 days later) to try to keep the FTC away....big whoop they could have not bothered and had even more money.......so we at least 'upset' them with that small change that got away ....a bit of 'drizzle' to their rainbow winnings.

(knowing them that is what they are 'obsessing about....the inconvenience..to their 'egos' and in their 'minds' anyway ..their stellar reputations ... Smiley .....sheesh!

Sad part is they treated us like 'minions/serfs' and the FTC just pretty much put the official seal of approval on our status in all this (we could make logos) Sad

well I got a pretty good education from watching the BFL ASIC company and the ASIC company of KNC and others ..that 'consumer protection' in the world is a myth

UNLESS

you are a Corporation Smiley

I now fully expect to see pictures on this thread of the whole group 'waving' foam pitchforks of the FU customers of BFL variety in our faces.....its been that kinda week.

Try out www.synchro.net An 'Old School' BBS (Bulletin Board System) works on Win /10/8/7 and Linux!
Three-minute install. The last upgrade was Jan 1st, 2019. I think you will be impressed with this project!
Snagglebone

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:43:04 PM

So....

• The FTC bankrupts BFL.

*slow clap*

most accurate summary i hve seen so far.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:02:04 PM

Hidden assets? Didn't some customers lose millions in USD had mined coins been flipped at the right times etc? Problems with withholding and usage of money printing hardware prior to excessively late delivery or non-delivery/no-refund to the mint are normally a serious infraction of the law. It seems like there's a double standard here with digital currency. Currently 2.8 BTC buys an Oz of gold or about $1200 USD.
OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1698

I 💚 Bitcoin

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:08:29 PM

So....

• The FTC bankrupts BFL.

*slow clap*

Yes.  The FTC thought they would step in and save the day for all the BFL customers.  Instead they showed why most of us believe the government is a useless leech.  The fact they could only get $4,000 from this case and those involved are still walking among us is nothing short of a disgrace. 

How to catch a Polar Bear
Step 1: Dig a hole in the ice and put some peas in it.
Step 2: When the polar bear comes to take a pea, kick him in the ice hole.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:20:00 AM

Does anyone know how many BTC had the FTC requested from BFL?

H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0
Snagglebone

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:26:11 AM

So....

• The FTC bankrupts BFL.

*slow clap*

Yes.  People thought the FTC would step in and save the day.  Instead they showed why the people should have known the government is a useless leech and stole what remaining money the customers might have gotten back.

FTFY
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1652

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 05:42:28 AM

So....

• The FTC bankrupts BFL.

*slow clap*

*edited quote*
Yes.  People thought the FTC would step in and save the day.  Instead they showed why the people should have known the government is a useless leech and stole what remaining money the customers might have gotten back.

FTFY

The FTC didn't even make a recovery, it was the local receiver and his contractors (whom he paid ridiculous amounts to) that recovered the only money. Meanwhile the taxpayer footed the bill for the FTC, its contractors, its multiple lawyers, the court, the judge, the prematurely lost jobs, the loss of tax revenue. All BFL customers lost, including those that were receiving cloud mining, already made hardware, soon to be made hardware and those in the refund queue. Even those customers who filed a class action via Wood Law got screwed by the FTC.

I'm pretty surprised that Helen W(r)ong wasn't fired for bringing this case in a situation where the people she was claiming to protect had zero chance of benefiting from her actions. She's now spinning herself as a bitcoin aficionado and doing TED talks, its rather sick. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6PAazB5_f4

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 07:02:26 AM

You know there's a cliche at play here "always look at the brighter side of life" or is that monty python?

a) I've never ordered a BFL product.

b) This guy is a Romanian Scammer (pro-tip hide your money):

Read more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-charles/9656769/Prince-Charles-heir-to-Draculas-blood-line.html

c) The Earth is fucking flat.

d) Imagine what you'll know tomorrow as a result of Application Specific Integrated Circuits?

e) Having no dog in this fight I must say there was some feeling of "stress relief" watching the FTC fairy swat BFL with a blunt object.
Gleb Gamow
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 07:32:26 AM

You know there's a cliche at play here "always look at the brighter side of life" or is that monty python?

a) I've never ordered a BFL product.

b) This guy is a Romanian Scammer (pro-tip hide your money):

Read more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-charles/9656769/Prince-Charles-heir-to-Draculas-blood-line.html

c) The Earth is fucking flat.

d) Imagine what you'll know tomorrow as a result of Application Specific Integrated Circuits?

e) Having no dog in this fight I must say there was some feeling of "stress relief" watching the FTC fairy swat BFL with a blunt object.

Meanwhile, the YouTube videos I choose to watch are presenting me ads of iFLY in Kansas for some fucked up reason. I swear I thought I recognized one of the dudes in the commercial playing with the kids.

The follow review is what I would love to read:

Aime B: I just took the kids to McDonald's and the new guy named Josh was so kind to us, especially the kids. I'm glad that McD's hires those special to sweep the floors and clean the toilets. I was so amazed with him, I struck up a conversation and asked how long does he plan on staying with McD's. He said two weeks, give or take a lifetime.
insoolinreaktion

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 12:49:56 AM

Great! The FTC is also allowing Sonny Vleisides to father future scammers. The count's now up to three.

Does the last name of Angela Gambino Chambers do anything for you fellow sleuths? No, not the middle name, albeit that, too, elicits emotions, but not as lofty.

I am not surprised this criminal was busy procreating. With all the BTC he funneled...
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.