Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:43:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GekkoScience Compac BM1384 Stickminer Official Support Thread  (Read 267692 times)
fire27

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:00:23 AM

So putting the heatsink on the final miner i somehow lifted one side of the yellow resister. I attempted to solder it back down however it wont mine it is seen (green light) + shows up in the USB devices. the vcore still reads correctly. i am stumped. i am thinking its too much solder increasing the resistance.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:38:21 AM

The big'n is a capacitor. If it's not connected properly your output voltage probably won't be stable and could tank briefly during ASIC initialization. I can probably fix it for you, but as hackable as these sticks are "I broke this while hacking it" isn't really covered under the warranty so you'd have to at least pay shipping.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
AJRGale

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:44:12 AM

I'm wondering if there was part of the solder pad/track lifted with it, or if there is a via busted under it..
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 06:08:52 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2015, 06:42:44 AM by toptek

Just asking !! anyone having issue getting the latest batch to work with BFG 5.3 to 5.4.1 direct to the PI or in windows ?. by direct i mean plugging into the PI it self . I have tried all different setting with BFG without a hub with a Hub, it just won't pick it up with BFG , BFG will pick up the first stick, i bought, or batch 1, if that was batch 1.

gekko-CGminer will work with both batches, if I compile it in minera or command line.

IS there a setting or was it made different this time around and bfg sees batch 2 different ?.
just wondering, i can use gekko-CGminer. other wise !!!.

used these setting in windows with the right driver for BFG , on a few different PI types including a RPI2 and RPI b and RPI with different Os's etc .

Code:
-S all --set compac:clock=200
-S compac:all --set compac:clock=200

-S antminer:all --set antminer:clock=200
--set compac:clock=x0b83 or others
--set compac:clock=200

The only other setting i haven't tried is

Code:
 --set device 

forgot how to use that .

even did

Code:
-S compac:/dev/ttyUSB0
-S antminer:/dev/ttyUSB0

there was one other way to use

Code:
 --set device 

what i meant by " The only other setting i haven't tried is "

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
AJRGale

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 06:46:40 AM

Just asking !! anyone having issue getting the latest batch to work with BFG 5.3 to 5.4.1 direct to the PI or in windows ?. by direct i mean plugging into the PI it self . I have tried all different setting with BFG without a hub with a Hub, it just won't pick it up with BFG , BFG will pick up the first stick, i bought, or batch 1, if that was batch 1.

I cant say here, I don't have a good SD card reader to add a new OS on my RPi-b.. all o know is there is only ~150mA available to them ports without bypassing poly-fuses.

gekko-CGminer will work with both batches, if I compile it in minera or command line.

IS there a setting or was it made different this time around and bfg sees batch 2 different ?.
just wondering, i can use gekko-CGminer. other wise !!!.

these setting in windows with the right driver for BFG , on a few different PI types including a RPI2 and RPI b and RPI with different Os's etc .

Code:
-S all --set compac:clock=200
-S compac:all --set compac:clock=200

-S antminer:all --set antminer:clock=200
--set compac:clock=x0b83 or others
--set compac:clock=200

The only other setting i haven't tried is

Code:
 --set device 

forgot how to use that .

even did

Code:
-S compac:/dev/ttyUSB0
-S antminer:/dev/ttyUSB0

there was one other way to use

Code:
 --set device 

i forgot how to .

the
Code:
 --set device 
Is actually

Code:
 --device|-d <arg> 

the argument should be the same as -S?
just brushing up on my BFGMiner right now..

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:01:17 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2015, 08:22:33 AM by toptek

found it

Code:
--set-device compac --set compac:clock=200

but it doesn't work either, so i think the new batch was made different and BFG needs a update to it ?.

the above settiings work with batch one but not with batch 2 for me .

Was wondering if anyone else has batch 2 working with BFG ?. I guess, I should have asked.  

Thanks AJ .

for the code, it's been a long while sense Ive had to use
Code:
--set device 
in any form.

BTW it does see it, but it won't show any hashing with BFG, shows it in BFG as 0 and  it acts like it is hashing but it's not . i even run it on eligius.st , by it self to test it . nothing ever showed up. it gets warm etc . but this is only happens with BFG . i can use  cgminer. Smiley .

batch 2 with windows 10,  no point in posting any more shots with a PI or others ways, i tried, it shows the same results with  5.3 to 5.4.1. Smiley.

last post about it,  asking more if there is a issue and show what i tried, it doesn't really mater much which software miner I use, I always root for the under dog (BFG in tihs cae ),but will do what i have to, too make it work for me Smiley . or did i get one  of those sticks with a mind of it's own and it uses what it wants to .

it does work there is nothing wrong with it that i see , in fact it works better then the first one, i bought before it  .if it is bad, i will or would thrash it any way , i only bought it to help support .) .

sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:35:41 PM

Batch 2 is exactly the same as Batch 1. All the ASICs and PCBs and heatsinks were all bought at the same time, and used the same BOM for every batch (with one exception - changing the diode on the LED flash circuit). The only reason we split up manufacturing was buying all the rest of the parts for 1000 units was out of reach. The firmware or whatever you want to call it what gets pushed to the CP2102 also didn't change, except that each stick gets a unique serial number. So "batch 2" sticks are the same as "batch 1" sticks except the serial number is greater than about 480. I don't know why that would make a difference.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:27:25 PM

tried a good 20 minutes to get it to work with bfgminer..

compiled cgminer-gekko and it worked on the first try.

this was plugged into the front usb port on the pc.. no hub.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3879

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 06:36:09 PM

Was wondering if anyone else has batch 2 working with BFG ?. I guess, I should have asked.  

I have batch 2 working fine on bfgminer using pi 2 version B (via usb 3.0 powered hub-Superbpag)
pi "jumped" on sticks in a a fraction of a second-they basically started blinking as soon as all connections and commands were there.
However, I tried initially to connect batch 2 stick direcly to pi 2 USB slot and this did not work for some reason (maybe these slots are underpowered?), but i only gave it a few seconds to try.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:22:21 PM

I have batch 2 working fine on bfgminer using pi 2 version B (via usb 3.0 powered hub-Superbpag)
pi "jumped" on sticks in a a fraction of a second-they basically started blinking as soon as all connections and commands were there.
However, I tried initially to connect batch 2 stick direcly to pi 2 USB slot and this did not work for some reason (maybe these slots are underpowered?), but i only gave it a few seconds to try.

what hub , mine only works with batch 1 and it's USB 2 , i tried not just with RPI, i tried with cubie boards or that type ARM cpu and rpi. i just got a cubie board 2 today im gonna give a shot and have a new firefly coming , I love those little PC , once i can afford one i may buy one of top end new cudie boards that just came out .

what setting are you using . my stick is seen, it start blinking all most right a way but then nothing else even after i let it set for 20 mins , as i said id rather use BFG but CG will do as well, what ever it takes Smiley.

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3879

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:07:13 PM

what hub , mine only works with batch 1 and it's USB 2 , i tried not just with RPI, i tried with cubie boards or that type ARM cpu and rpi. i just got a cubie board 2 today im gonna give a shot and have a new firefly coming , I love those little PC , once i can afford one i may buy one of top end new cudie boards that just came out .

what setting are you using . my stick is seen, it start blinking all most right a way but then nothing else even after i let it set for 20 mins , as i said id rather use BFG but CG will do as well, what ever it takes Smiley.

Hub: Superbpag
I used default settings (did not specify any settings)
sticks jumped to ~11Gh ea from the get go
maybe your bfgminer does not have all recent updates?
just delete the bfgminer directory and redownload everything
i used the instructions here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOLDrSiI_ic
to the letter

Code:
cd bfgminer
screen -S Mining ./bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://POOL.com:PORT -u USER -p PASSWORD

for eligius specifically, I used
Code:
screen -S Mining ./bfgminer -o stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u USER -p PASSWORD 
notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:58:33 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2015, 02:09:34 AM by notabeliever

First of all I took offense to you trashing Luke. There isn't any reason to say anything bad about a person who has created so much for us to mine. And when he isn't busy he does make time to answer our questions.

I'm using  Bfgminer 5.4.0 and 5.4.1 succesfully with 2 compacs.
a compac in my computer on a pci usb card. May  I suggest trying to plug it into the back of your computer's usb port. I don't use zadig as Luke has taken care of everything for us. (even bfgminer 4.0 for Avalon nano works)

Try using bfgminer without a hub and use this from a .bat file

bfgminer -S compac --set compac:clock=150
"E:\Emergency low disk\Downloads\bfgminer-5.4.0-win64\bfgminer-5.4.0-win64\bfgminer.exe" --config bfgminer.conf --set compac:clock=150

bfgminer.conf

{
  "pools": [
    {
      "url": "stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333/#skipcbcheck",
      "user": "worker",
      "pass": "x"
    }
  ],
  "api-port": "4028",
  "failover-only": true,
  "api-listen": true,
  "api-allow": "W:127.0.0.1/32",
  "expiry": "120",
  "log": "5",
  "queue": "1",
  "scan-time": "60",
  "temp-hysteresis": "3",
  "compac:clock": "1150",
  "compac:freq": "150"
}
bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 07:06:43 AM

Is support for this being planned for mainline cgminer? I had a look at your cgminer driver and it seems the driver was completely split off from the icarus driver(icarus in cgminer is a catch-all for certain types of devices such as this) I think the correct way to do this is to do conditional device checks within the icarus driver rather than have a completely separate driver.

Mining Software Developer.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 07:57:57 AM

to the letter

Code:
cd bfgminer

Code:
screen -S Mining ./bfgminer -o stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u USER -p PASSWORD 

tried that link, you actually got a usb 3 hub working on a RPI cool. i have yet to get one to work .I know some do but finding it can cost a lot over time.

This one http://www.amazon.com/Superbpag-Port-Cable-Charger-Black/dp/B00W4X3DAA or this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RM5OF70?psc=1, I'll buy it after Xmass  Smiley .

Jake36

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:43:22 PM

to the letter

Code:
cd bfgminer

Code:

tried that link, you actually got a usb 3 hub working on a RPI cool. i have yet to get one to work .I know some do but finding it can cost a lot over time.

This one http://www.amazon.com/Superbpag-Port-Cable-Charger-Black/dp/B00W4X3DAA or this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RM5OF70?psc=1, I'll buy it after Xmass  Smiley .

Not sure if the one in your link will work or not. The power input/output is lower, the Superbpag that I know works good with the Pi2B and sticks is this one http://www.amazon.com/Superbpag-Portable-Charger-Transfer-Samsung/dp/B013OK10YM

That one is rated 5V 14A 70Watt, the one you linked to is only rated at 5V 2A 10Watt.
user356546

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 02:18:08 PM

I am trying to write my .conf file from CGminer and the application keeps crashing. The file is created, but it is zero bytes/empty. I thought it might be a permission issue but even running as admin does not help (or changing the path). I am running the gekko version of CGMiner on Windows 7.

This is the error from the Windows application event log:

Faulting application name: cgminer.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.7601.17744, time stamp: 0x4eeaf722
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000143f9
Faulting process id: 0x21770
Faulting application start time: 0x01d13cb8d3aca476
Faulting application path: C:\Users\<username>\Desktop\CGMiner\cgminer-4.9.2-windows\cgminer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
Report Id: 1b1dffdd-a8ac-11e5-927e-6cf049071173

Do you all have any ideas? I have searched through the forum posts but cannot seem to find this particular problem. If I screwed up and missed it, just let me know.
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 02:30:47 PM

driver-gekko was based off Icarus. At some point we'll clean it up, and at some point we'll add to it with new hardware. Icarus itself is pretty stupid so we're not going to pack more devices into it especially when they'll need a more advanced protocol.

It's been known from the start that writing a conf from cgminer-gekko doesn't work. I don't know why, but it doesn't work. That bug's been mentioned here a dozen times already. Just generate it with regular cgminer and copy it over or something.

cgminer-gekko is Novak's thing. I'll talk to him today, as he was planning on doing some work on it over the weekend but I don't know if anything got done.

user356546

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 02:33:21 PM

Thanks and sorry I missed the bug in the thread.
bctmke

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 02:50:48 PM

Thanks and sorry I missed the bug in the thread.

It's a 69 (and counting) page thread.  Don't feel bad that you missed it.  I don't believe sidehack was suggesting you should've seen it.  Just that it's been pointed out and is a known issue.

Have you thought about just creating your own configuration file instead of generating one?  That's what I do on the Linux side and unless cgminer somehow functions differently in windows you should be able to do the same.

NXS is on the move!   Come subscribe to our subreddit  https://www.reddit.com/r/nexusearth/
Come mine NXS at http://nxsminingpool.com
user356546

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:10:28 PM

That is what I was just researching now; I just wanted to start with something "known" for the current command line and build from there. Thanks for the suggestion.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: