Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:41:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BETA]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 137469 times)
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:26:15 PM

Might I suggest then to either allow for filtering the 3 different wallets or displaying the amount on each seperately/in seperate columns? I also already got confused a bit after trying to trade today for the first time (I still hold a nice short position at ~119 currently by the way Wink ).

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GraphicImpulse

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:31:50 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2013, 02:46:32 PM by GraphicImpulse

Are you going to answer my actual questions that matter regarding your service or just keep nitpicking?

"So let me get this straight for the factual legal record: when a www.bitfinex.com margin call is issued - there is NO email notification sent out? Is this in fact what you are stating while representing www.bitfinex.com?

If you took the time and care to read my previous posts instead of skipping them you would know what I use this strictly due to the multiple notifications via email the site sends out upon any processing of orders.

You also just sent me a email saying this 15 minutes ago, not actually when it happened like you just stated in your post. Stop being so god damn sketchy!"
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:56:44 PM

Are you going to answer my actual questions regarding your service or just keep nitpicking?

"So let me get this straight for the factual legal record: when a www.bitfinex.com margin call is issued - there is NO email notification sent out? Is this in fact what you are stating while representing www.bitfinex.com?

If you took the time and care to read my previous posts instead of skipping them you would know what I use this strictly due to the multiple notifications via email the site sends out upon any processing of orders.

You also just sent me a email saying this 15 minutes ago, not actually when it happened like you just stated. Stop being so god damn sketchy!"

Hello,

No there is no email issued when you have a margin call, as I said earlier, there is a popup notification on the site.

No I didn't see your withdrawal BTC address, it may have been my fault after all, but anyway I processed your new withdrawal just now.

Let me know if I can do anything else for you.

Best regards
Raphael
Bitfinex team
urwhatuknow

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:02:04 PM

Are you going to answer my actual questions that matter regarding your service or just keep nitpicking?

You also just sent me a email saying this 15 minutes ago, not actually when it happened like you just stated in your post. Stop being so god damn sketchy!"

Graphic

I really don't know whether you received or not your margin call email, but this doesn't really mean anything.
When you take a leveraged position you must be aware of the risks involved in it.
To blame it on the fact that you got forced liquidated because you didn't receive an email is simply ridiculous.
So stop whining and try to behave like a man.
Get your money and go to trade somewhere else, you'll save us some pain in this already painful day.
Please try to understand Raphael is really busy with some more important matters than your half a bitcoin

Thank you

Giancarlo
Customers Relations
Bitfinex Team

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
GraphicImpulse

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:12:03 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2013, 03:25:38 PM by GraphicImpulse

"I really don't know whether you received or not your margin call email, but this doesn't really mean anything."

"No there is no email issued when you have a margin call, as I said earlier, there is a popup notification on the site."

That's really the response that I wanted and was expecting. They themselves don't even know. THIS shows the true colors of the owners of Bitfinex. One support says no email is sent the other says it should have but "who cares, behave like a man". What a JOKE. Do NOT take anything they state in their FAQ as truth as it is obviously not the case whatsoever.

I suggest www.campbx.com as a safer alternative to avoid BFX's constant problems. Support is clear and concise always. I've used them for over 3 weeks with 0 problems and HUGE volume. Fast customize-able notifications and all.

Cheers and happy trading to all!
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:22:42 PM

Might I suggest then to either allow for filtering the 3 different wallets or displaying the amount on each seperately/in seperate columns? I also already got confused a bit after trying to trade today for the first time (I still hold a nice short position at ~119 currently by the way Wink ).

Hello Sulkrim,

This is noted.

We are (finally) launching work on a totally new interface Smiley

Best regards
Raphael
Bitfinex team
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:25:36 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2013, 08:41:59 PM by unclescrooge

That's really the response that I wanted and was expecting.

We all saw that you were trying to push me. First it was a broken lending engine that caused you a liquidation. Then it must have been a bug in the calculation there was no reason you should have been liquidated. Then it was a lack of notice that prevented you from avoiding being liquidated. Then we charged you a withdrawal fee and never give it back to you when the request was cancelled. Every excuses possible was good to blame Bitfinex of something.
It doesn't work on me, I am trained to always stay calm and professional when dealing with all kind of customers. But as respectful and calm as I am, I always know when someone is taking me for an idiot. So don't expect to get anything from me by taking me for an idiot.

With all the respect due to a customer,
Raphael
Bitfinex team
sangaman

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 06:35:00 PM

Hey guys, a couple of comments and questions:

-Are we ever going to see returns to the 5% fees charged on lending revenue? When it jumped to 10%, I recall reading that it was supposed to be only a temporary increase in response to changes with Gox. As I said in an earlier post, I'd especially hope that the fee for uninsured loans would decrease should a new fee model be introduced with insured loans.

-When I place a limit exchange buy order through Bitfinex with no routing, lets say at $100, is a limit order created on any order book? Or is that order just waiting for a limit sell order for $100 or less on one of the exchanges?

-I'd really like to see the rounding fixed. Balances should be rounded down or showed in exact amounts. It's kind of annoying to have $123.45 available, lets say, but an order that consumes $123.45 gets a "insufficient balance" message because in reality I have like $123.44837 or something. I've learned to always put in values 1 fraction lower than whatever balance is displayed, but it really shouldn't be this way.

I also see some weird numbers sometimes that I think should be rounded. Like "partially filled at 20.50000000000000014%." Users don't need to see all those numbers at the end.

Other than that, keep up the good work and good luck.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:46:09 PM

tl;dr: incompetent .
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:43:36 PM

Bold words for someone operating a fund that also did lend btc on bitfinex longer ago when there were even fewer security measures in place... Roll Eyes

unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:50:10 PM

Hey guys, a couple of comments and questions:

-Are we ever going to see returns to the 5% fees charged on lending revenue? When it jumped to 10%, I recall reading that it was supposed to be only a temporary increase in response to changes with Gox. As I said in an earlier post, I'd especially hope that the fee for uninsured loans would decrease should a new fee model be introduced with insured loans.

-When I place a limit exchange buy order through Bitfinex with no routing, lets say at $100, is a limit order created on any order book? Or is that order just waiting for a limit sell order for $100 or less on one of the exchanges?

-I'd really like to see the rounding fixed. Balances should be rounded down or showed in exact amounts. It's kind of annoying to have $123.45 available, lets say, but an order that consumes $123.45 gets a "insufficient balance" message because in reality I have like $123.44837 or something. I've learned to always put in values 1 fraction lower than whatever balance is displayed, but it really shouldn't be this way.

I also see some weird numbers sometimes that I think should be rounded. Like "partially filled at 20.50000000000000014%." Users don't need to see all those numbers at the end.

Other than that, keep up the good work and good luck.

hello Sangaman,

-We decided and announced some times ago that the 10% fee would stay as it until further notice

When not routing (or routing on an external exchange) a limit order, this order stay pending until a corresponding limit order is found on one/several of the exchanges.

-This will be fixed tomorrow, I worked on that tonight (even for the status of offers).

Thanks for your questions, have a nice day
Raphael
Bitfinex team
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:54:00 PM

Bold words for someone operating a fund that also did lend btc on bitfinex longer ago when there were even fewer security measures in place... Roll Eyes
I didn't know they were using floating point numbers for financial stuff at that time.

Seriously, this is a giant red flag that whoever works on it doesn't know what they are doing.
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:56:59 PM

I didn't know they were using floating point numbers for financial stuff at that time.

Seriously, this is a giant red flag that whoever works on it doesn't know what they are doing.

We are not.

There is a difference between the numbers you display and how you handle them internally.

This point was settled like 6 months ago already. We use BigDecimal (decimal type) in the database and the code, which are not Float type.

A question always brings more than an insult Smiley

Best regards
Raphael
Bitfinex team
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:16:25 PM

By the way, all interests rates (VIR, offers, loans,...) are handled internally as daily rates. It's only when displaying the rate to you that we calculate them to 365 days and round them on the fly. So there comes the rounding issue. While the site is in beta, the display and the interface always came after the internal engine, the security and the reliability of the platform. This is a choice that has been made  because when you're a start-up, you have to prioritize the use of your ressources. I hope you understand.

Tomorrow we will improve the displaying of numbers.

Now that the live version is coming, our new priority (with API) is the interface.

Have a nice day
Raphael
romantic1

Activity: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:03:59 AM

The site is down ? What's the problem ?
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:30:27 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2013, 12:42:06 AM by Kluge

The site is down ? What's the problem ?
Huh Up for me.

ETA: Oh. Looks like order table isn't updating in /exchange (at least)
ETA2: Working again. Kind of slow, but that could easily be on my side.
GraphicImpulse

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:34:54 PM

Graphic

I really don't know whether you received or not your margin call email, but this doesn't really mean anything.
When you take a leveraged position you must be aware of the risks involved in it.
To blame it on the fact that you got forced liquidated because you didn't receive an email is simply ridiculous.
So stop whining and try to behave like a man.
Get your money and go to trade somewhere else, you'll save us some pain in this already painful day.
Please try to understand Raphael is really busy with some more important matters than your half a bitcoin

Thank you

Giancarlo
Customers Relations
Bitfinex Team

TLDR; Our FAQ page is filled with false claims to get you to use our service over CampBX. We don't give a shit about you.

Use www.campbx.com to avoid all of these retarded downtimes, bugs and shotty service.

BitFinex slogan "We'll work on it"
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:07:00 PM

Just like in your other thread you opened for this outrageous loss of ~2 BTC:

Where in the FAQ or wiki does it exactly state that a "margin call" means sending an email? I'm really interested in that, as I consider doing a handful of trades a week since most of my USD are now sitting idle...

Oh, and I'd like BFX to prefer filling my OWN loan offers before even the cheapest ones out there...!

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 02:35:44 PM

TLDR; Our FAQ page is filled with false claims to get you to use our service over CampBX. We don't give a shit about you.

Use www.campbx.com to avoid all of these retarded downtimes, bugs and shotty service.

BitFinex slogan "We'll work on it"
Yes, please go trade at CampBX.  I am sure that you will be perfectly happy over there and that over at CampBX you won't lose any money, ever.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
acorn

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

I make pretty things.

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 02:40:06 PM

Am I doing this wrong? I want to loan out my BTC. Let's say I put in a loan offer for 5 BTC at VIR for 2 days. I click Lend, and it shows up in "Unfilled credit demand/offers". After a while I get an email saying my Offer #blahblah has been taken.

Looks like the BTC never left my wallet, it's still there, it's not in unfilled credit, and I never collected any interest on it.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: