Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:11:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631743 times)
MarketNeutral

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:27:46 PM

I question how viable decentralized ones are, though, due to the slower trading and such. It's going to be interesting to see...

Well they can easily find a solution. NXT has already built an exchange on itself, both currency and asset. It should be no harder than that.

1 problem though is that bitcoin takes 10 min to mine, I think a 5 min target would be better, because Even DOGE with 1 min time is not having any problems, so BTC should be at least 5 min, but otherwise it will take longer to confirm.

So a BTC -> NXT transaction might take 11 minutes, which is slow.
I'm curious how NXT will react to the development of bitcoin's Lightning Network.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 10:19:48 PM

While I think NXT is good for some things, it is ridiculously slow due to how it works. Plus you're paying to list your coins for sale (or assets), which makes you be much more cautious since you can't keep re-listing to keep up with the market without losing a lot of money/time.

I dont know but NXT is pretty fast, it has 1 min block time, compared to 10min in btc, so i dont know what your talking about.

I think if bitcoin block time gets faster, then NXT will also benefit from that.

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 12:20:19 AM

NXT is pretty fast, it has 1 min block time, compared to 10min in btc, so i dont know what your talking about.

If the use case is an exchange that enables day trading, 1 minute is an eternity to some.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Minecache
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1024

🚀 Bitcoin<=>Bullish

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 12:20:49 AM

Yup I still hate this thread. And still believe it should be locked down for eternity. Circle-jerking is not most becoming of a real gentleman.

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 12:29:05 AM

While I think NXT is good for some things, it is ridiculously slow due to how it works. Plus you're paying to list your coins for sale (or assets), which makes you be much more cautious since you can't keep re-listing to keep up with the market without losing a lot of money/time.

I dont know but NXT is pretty fast, it has 1 min block time, compared to 10min in btc, so i dont know what your talking about.

I think if bitcoin block time gets faster, then NXT will also benefit from that.

Faster block time doesn't solve anything, it only makes it less secure. Which means you need more blocks for the same security and there is much more risk of orphaned blocks or conflicting chains.
Mark Frappeles

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

Tipsters Championship www.DirectBet.eu/Competition

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 12:51:20 AM

NXT is pretty fast, it has 1 min block time, compared to 10min in btc, so i dont know what your talking about.

Think about the stress testes with 1 min block time, the hell it would be.

Faster blocks mean less resistance to spam attacks too

EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 06:02:10 AM

http://astrohacker.com/ahc/bitcoin-is-the-economic-singularity/

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?
i really agree with that tittle,"bitcoin is the economic singularity"
yes because bitcoin have special place on world economic,bitcoin is different,and i'm also agree if we are the next wealth gentelman,and its just how we can use this chance to be real wealth man. i wish i can use this chance to safe some money for future.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
larem

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 06:11:22 AM

There is a great possibility it reaches 17000 per BTC, however no one knows.... I personally would be happy to see BTC stay low around the 300 - 400 USD mark so i could aim to buy around 10 for next year.

But that is very unlikely to happen. What you're wishing is that Bitcoin should stay stagnant for the next 10 years regarding the price.
Bitcoin will be either value way higher as now or it will be zero.
Just buy everytime you have some money left.

I think BTC has a lot of growth (keep in mind inflation is ridiculous and WILL absolutely impact BTC), but it will take a long time. We are hitting strong downward pressure after every $10. If we even get to 600, it's going to be a huge wall. Then 650, 700, 750... -> ATH. And after the ATH it's going to be one wall after another.

ATH  coming Jan 2016. And it wont be hard to get there.

Not even close. I think we *might* hit 700 in 2016 sometime, but that's a big if. 1250+ wouldn't be for at least another year (though with the way economies are going... this could be wrong).

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 08:29:02 AM

If the use case is an exchange that enables day trading, 1 minute is an eternity to some.

besides fastcoin, there were not other altcoin with a faster block time, 1 min is considered the best for altcoin already lowering even more is only asking for a better orphan rate
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 12:05:16 PM

besides fastcoin, there were not other altcoin with a faster block time, 1 min is considered the best for altcoin already lowering even more is only asking for a better orphan rate

Yea 1 min is pretty solid, i would even go as far as 3 min.   But 10 min seems too slow for me.

I have to wait usually 20-30 min for a TX to complete, it's ridiculous.

How spoiled we became, for bank transfer we wait 4 days, and we are angry to wait 30 min for bitcoin transfer Cheesy

But still, if its possible, why not make it 2-3 min long?

bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:10:46 PM

Yea 1 min is pretty solid, i would even go as far as 3 min.   But 10 min seems too slow for me.

I have to wait usually 20-30 min for a TX to complete, it's ridiculous.

How spoiled we became, for bank transfer we wait 4 days, and we are angry to wait 30 min for bitcoin transfer Cheesy

But still, if its possible, why not make it 2-3 min long?

The transaction time 10n times is faster, but is it as secure  Huh

larem

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 06:20:11 AM

Scenarios:

I want to sell 10 assets/coins on NXT
I create a new sell order (1 NXT fee). I wait for the blockchain to confirm it
30 minutes later I realize the price is going down and I want to jump on it
I cancel the order. Wait 1m for it to finish
I set up a new order. Wait 1m and pay 1 NXT fee

(Total time to do this? 3m on average)

On an exchange:

I want to list 10 assets/coins. I input the amount/value and click "Sell"
It's instantly added to the list free of charge
I see the price going down and want to jump on it
I hit cancel. It's instantly returned to me. I re-list at the new price free of charge, instantly

Total time? As little as half a second all-in.

For someone who day-trades a lot, NXT simply isn't feasible for non-stop trading.

faxmachine

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:08:34 AM

I am pretty excited about where btc's are going, it's crazy how fast it was fluctuated over the years. Just a few years ago when the silk road was around they were worth 1 usd. Then when that crashed it soared up to 1200$, but quickly went back down to 300$. I wonder if people sold off there btc's when they reached there peak and actually found buyers, because for a buyer that seems like a bad investment considering how fast it lost that high value. It's not like gold where the price just goes up and stays up. It's still an amazing currency that can't be effected by government inflation, it's a currency for the people, so i would gladly turn my usd into btc because it feels safer then usd which is always printing new money via the federal reserve. Evil bank cartels can't be in control of it, the control is spread out amongst all of us. Pretty awesome.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:55:10 AM

I am pretty excited about where btc's are going, it's crazy how fast it was fluctuated over the years. Just a few years ago when the silk road was around they were worth 1 usd. Then when that crashed it soared up to 1200$, but quickly went back down to 300$. I wonder if people sold off there btc's when they reached there peak and actually found buyers, because for a buyer that seems like a bad investment considering how fast it lost that high value. It's not like gold where the price just goes up and stays up. It's still an amazing currency that can't be effected by government inflation, it's a currency for the people, so i would gladly turn my usd into btc because it feels safer then usd which is always printing new money via the federal reserve. Evil bank cartels can't be in control of it, the control is spread out amongst all of us. Pretty awesome.

Gold did what? Smiley
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:48:10 AM

Perfect explanation, full scenario in just few sentences.
And yes, one should really invest into BTC instead of any other commodities comparing the % of returns they get yearly.
oser41eric

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:19:36 AM

Scenarios:

On an exchange:

I hit cancel. It's instantly returned to me. I re-list at the new price free of charge, instantly

For someone who day-trades a lot, NXT simply isn't feasible for non-stop trading.

I totally agree with you. That's one of the main reasons I jumped off of NXT a while ago.
USB-S

Activity: 574

In XEM we trust

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:29:13 AM

Scenarios:

On an exchange:

I totally agree with you. That's one of the main reasons I jumped off of NXT a while ago.
However you can have NXT assets off the blockchain. I think SuperNET was listed on poloniex. Regardless of this I think that SAE has bigger volumes. In my opinion if you want to create any asset on a blockchain, NXT is the way to go.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 12:06:45 PM

got in on Page 10 Smiley

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
knightkon

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 12:15:02 PM

Faster block time doesn't solve anything, it only makes it less secure. Which means you need more blocks for the same security and there is much more risk of orphaned blocks or conflicting chains.
Please explain how faster confirmation times makes the process less secure?  I do agree that there are more of a chance for orphaned blocks which is not really ideal, but I do not see where it would be less secure.  I think that over time when there are more transactions being processed, there would be faster confirmations because the miners would not be waiting for more information in order to fill the blocks, but I may be incorrect about the way that process works.

██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 12:37:33 PM

Bitcoin transaction speed is seconds.

seconds

10 minutes is confirmation time (actual recording on the blockchain).

Once a transaction is seen on the network (in seconds), you can be 99.99% sure that the transaction will be confirmed (recorded on the blockchain) unless you are dealing with a scammer who could "possibly" double spend.

I have traded thousands of dollars with people in person where I send the bitcoins, they see it pop up on their phone in seconds and we shake hands and go our merry way.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: