Bitcoin Forum
December 10, 2016, 08:46:44 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 508345 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 1456

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:20:49 PM

You're one of the ultra rare lucky ones. Talk to the thousands of people with money in Mt Gox, Bitinstant, ButterflyLabs, Gaw Miners, MyBitcoin, Pirates Ponzi, Bitcoinica, Bitscalper, Inputs.IO, Vicurex, Cryptorush, TradeHill, CryptoXChange, GBL, Just Dice, Bitcoin Rain, The Silk Road Seizure, Sheep Marketplace, BS&T, PicoStocks, Bitfloor, Basic Mining, Mintpal and many, many others.

Why is Just-Dice on that list of ponzis, scams, hacks, and thefts? Just-Dice took care of the over 60,000 BTC entrusted to it and returned it all when it shut down.

Ok, you found one that was corrected. The point remains that Bitcoin facilitates loss in a way that no other payment system does and has no insurance or fraud protection covering it. I was one of the lucky ones that made money when you could mine with a gpu at almost no cost other than electricity. From now on, people will need to put their own money in to it and they will only make money if they live long enough to see an enormous increase in the exchange rate. It's a gamble that may pay off but it's high risk.

There are many secure investments that pay 10-20% a year. If you start today with $10,000 and average 20% a year for 20 years, you'll have over $380,000. Add $2,000 a year to the pot, and you'll wind up with $756,751 after 20 years. Granted, 20% a year is not super easy to achieve. But even if you only make 10% a year, you're still going to become very wealthy over the long term. People are getting scammed or throwing their money at gambling bitcoins because the return isn't happening fast enough for them. They should simply try a stable long term investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Put BTC here: 1GSwznUNG4co5rS3ctmRgtYGcWiHAnwAyj

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:38:06 PM

You're one of the ultra rare lucky ones. Talk to the thousands of people with money in Mt Gox, Bitinstant, ButterflyLabs, Gaw Miners, MyBitcoin, Pirates Ponzi, Bitcoinica, Bitscalper, Inputs.IO, Vicurex, Cryptorush, TradeHill, CryptoXChange, GBL, Just Dice, Bitcoin Rain, The Silk Road Seizure, Sheep Marketplace, BS&T, PicoStocks, Bitfloor, Basic Mining, Mintpal and many, many others.

Why is Just-Dice on that list of ponzis, scams, hacks, and thefts? Just-Dice took care of the over 60,000 BTC entrusted to it and returned it all when it shut down.

Ok, you found one that was corrected. The point remains that Bitcoin facilitates loss in a way that no other payment system does and has no insurance or fraud protection covering it. I was one of the lucky ones that made money when you could mine with a gpu at almost no cost other than electricity. From now on, people will need to put their own money in to it and they will only make money if they live long enough to see an enormous increase in the exchange rate. It's a gamble that may pay off but it's high risk.

There are many secure investments that pay 10-20% a year. If you start today with $10,000 and average 20% a year for 20 years, you'll have over $380,000. Add $2,000 a year to the pot, and you'll wind up with $756,751 after 20 years. Granted, 20% a year is not super easy to achieve. But even if you only make 10% a year, you're still going to become very wealthy over the long term. People are getting scammed or throwing their money at gambling bitcoins because the return isn't happening fast enough for them. They should simply try a stable long term investment.

Yeah, right...

Name some of these "for sure 10%" a year risk-free investments? 

Index funds are amongst the most stable long term investments, and mine only earned on average a bit over 5% over the past 15 years, and sure maybe there could have been ways to apportion them better for greater gains, but to securely earn 10%, I doubt it.

On the other hand, bitcoin seems to be a fairly decent bet... sure it may not be completely secure (well, we know that it is not), but gaining more than 5% per year seems to be very likely, and possibly even more likely to outperform traditional stock index funds in the next 20 years... Sure there is some gamble, and maybe even some need to be interactive with bitcoin and dollar cost averaging or even big swing trading may help to enhance a bitcoin portfolio's performance in the upcoming 20 years.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:54:17 PM

Yeah, right...

Index funds are amongst the most stable long term investments, and mine only earned on average a bit over 5% over the past 15 years, and sure maybe there could have been ways to apportion them better for greater gains, but to securely earn 10%, I doubt it.

On the other hand, bitcoin seems to be a fairly decent bet... sure it may not be completely secure (well, we know that it is not), but gaining more than 5% per year seems to be very likely, and possibly even more likely to outperform traditional stock index funds in the next 20 years... Sure there is some gamble, and maybe even some need to be interactive with bitcoin and dollar cost averaging or even big swing trading may help to enhance a bitcoin portfolio's performance in the upcoming 20 years.

There are 10-12% return investments that aren't hard to find. I've averaged 14% a year on a WSIB Real Estate Investment Trust. The problem is you need investment money and the knowledge to know what's right for you.

That's hard to do if you think a good job is a signature campaign on bitcointalk.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2002

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 10:15:19 PM

Ok, you found one that was corrected.

What do you mean, corrected?

Just-Dice never needed correcting, and your post hasn't yet been corrected. I still don't understand why you would include the most reputable Bitcoin gambling site in a big list of scam sites.

BillyBobZorton

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 10:34:32 PM

1 BTC is still very possible for the average joe with some work, but the more you take, the worse it will be to get there, so get to work and do it quick.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 11:03:34 PM

Yeah, right...

There are 10-12% return investments that aren't hard to find. I've averaged 14% a year on a WSIB Real Estate Investment Trust. The problem is you need investment money and the knowledge to know what's right for you.

That's hard to do if you think a good job is a signature campaign on bitcointalk.

You are goofy and inclined towards unnecessary attempts at personal attacks.

You may have gotten lucky with your particular investment fund, but these supposedly safe investments that assuredly earn 10% or more per year are not easily in grasp for regular people... even if we are talking about fairly modest investments of $10k or $20k.

Yeah, your signature already shows that you are ideologically against signature campaigns for whatever reason, and I could give a ratt's ass about your opposition because I do not have a problem with them which I suppose is reflected in the fact that I started to participate in signature campaign activities in about October 2015.

I may have earned close to 1 bitcoin from my so far participation in signature campaigns, and my rationale for getting into signature campaigns was to add free BTC to my BTC holdings for activity that I already partake in.. so it really does not change my activity.  Also, before I began to participate in signature campaigns, I was not bothered by viewing the postings of other members with signatures, so therefore, I did not suffer through any kind of moral dilemma regarding whether I participate in such practice.

Anyhow, your problem with signature campaigns is your bug-a-boo, and likely you have troubles accepting other widespread practices too, though you still seem to enjoy participating in this forum that facilitates such signature campaign practices.  Go figure??  Roll Eyes

Hide_ip112

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 11:09:57 PM

1 BTC is still very possible for the average joe with some work, but the more you take, the worse it will be to get there, so get to work and do it quick.

I think it depends how the flow and the way they use, if they are using a Groove and true path then to get 1 bTC will not experience bad things and will go well. Sign campaign indeed is very easy and can be done, after that putarkan funds from a campaign sign for trading.
SolomonRising

Activity: 154

The Truth illuminates the eyes of the heart!

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 11:20:28 PM

It's still not too late to be an early adopter if you can afford a dozen BTC and you can HODL. 

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
squatz1

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 11:30:14 PM

Personally, I believe because of Britain leaving the EU and there currency being beaten I feel that BTC will gain more popularity.

SolomonRising

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 11:31:13 PM

Personally, I believe because of Britain leaving the EU and there currency being beaten I feel that BTC will gain more popularity.

That's just the beginning. 

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:11:00 AM

That's just the beginning. 

Eh that may just be the beginning but the end is not much further also you really cant expect btc to go THAT far from just the British leaving the European union as a whole. That may bring it up like 5% tops... That really doesnt have that much affect on it.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 04:01:04 AM

What you said has nothing to do with Bitcoin. If you invest your USD cash with a shady startup, you have no way to get it back neither. It's naive people making bad investment decisions, has nothing to do with Bitcoin. Bitcoin behaves just like USD cash in terms you never get it back if you lose it. Any "guarantee" or "security" of USD comes from a 3rd party service (banks/insurance companies)

If my post has been helpful, send me some love -> BTC: 1kokojUapmWqCqPw3Ch2rjcVh57tJEzka | PPC: PDyXAgA8eH47gokVW6zVZPSuu15aao5nZF | Bitshares: kokojie
My reputation
Arriemoller

Activity: 144

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 04:20:25 AM

What the heck is a signature campaign?

Demokrati: Två vargar och ett lamm röstar om lunchmenyn.      Democracy: Two wolfes and a lamb votes about the lunch menu.
Frihet: Ett väl beväpnat lamm opponerar sig mot omröstningen.  Freedom: A well armed lamb opposes the outcome.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:17:11 AM

What you said has nothing to do with Bitcoin. If you invest your USD cash with a shady startup, you have no way to get it back neither. It's naive people making bad investment decisions, has nothing to do with Bitcoin. Bitcoin behaves just like USD cash in terms you never get it back if you lose it. Any "guarantee" or "security" of USD comes from a 3rd party service (banks/insurance companies)

I agree, the naive people are here claiming Bitcoin will hit $10,000 a coin in their lifetime when the exchange rate sat almost perfectly still for two years.

panju1

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:17:17 AM

I agree, the naive people are here claiming Bitcoin will hit $10,000 a coin in their lifetime when the exchange rate sat almost perfectly still for two years.

It doesn't seem to be impossible. If we look at the money entering Bitcoin start ups and the true potential of Bitcoin, it definitely is possible that Bitcoin will appreciate in price in the future.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:46:50 AM

It doesn't seem to be impossible. If we look at the money entering Bitcoin start ups and the true potential of Bitcoin, it definitely is possible that Bitcoin will appreciate in price in the future.

A lot of people here know barely anything about bitcoins which is 100% acceptable because this is a great place to START learning about bitcoins and if you really want to know more about bitcoins you should check out all of the sites on here because most of their "chatrooms" teach you very well how to learn about bitcoins, as long as you follow the chat rules you're good to go. make sure not to beg though that's just annoying.

SolomonRising

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:50:29 AM

It's going way over $10,000.  Very very soon.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 10:26:59 AM

What the heck is a signature campaign?

The below linked thread updates with various active signature campaigns currently running on Bitcointalk.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953.0

Anon_7716

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 10:30:12 AM

It's going way over $10,000.  Very very soon.

I think this will have a big enough problem, because if the price of the bitcoin penetrate prices $ 10 k or above. Then this will have an impact on the security of the bitcoin may have vulnerabilities hackers. so we have to prepare the way for having no hacking
davis196

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 10:53:12 AM

http://astrohacker.com/ahc/bitcoin-is-the-economic-singularity/

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?

Let`s hope that btc price will reach 10,000$ one day.

If the black market adopts bitcoins,the governments might decide to ban btc.

I don`t want to rely on black markets to make bitcoins popular.

Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.