Bitcoin Forum
October 19, 2024, 07:34:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN IS BETTER THAN WESTERN UNION ?  (Read 70154 times)
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 04:39:42 PM

yes, Bitcoin is indeed better  than western union

way easier and cheaper to send money across the world to anyone
My experience with Western union is worst as I send two time and both time they block and never give back just because of they are saying I am sending to black list peoples and they cannot give back any thing to me Sad
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 04:57:14 PM

If you already have Bitcoin, then yes. If you need to buy them it depends where you live and how easy you can buy bitcoins, because if you don't live in major cities or don't have bank account you will probably end paying more fees and higher spread, than just sending through WU.
Djisamsoe

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 09:51:41 PM

At this point for normal people Western Union is better because they can speak with live person and in their mind this way is safer. Bitcoin is still complicated for older people. It is just matter of time that young people with Bitcoin experience will grow up and services like WU or MoneGram will have to give up.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 06:49:57 AM

At this point for normal people Western Union is better because they can speak with live person and in their mind this way is safer. Bitcoin is still complicated for older people. It is just matter of time that young people with Bitcoin experience will grow up and services like WU or MoneGram will have to give up.

Yes, you are pointing out that the lack of knowledge or understanding about bitcoin is the reason for many people still thinking that Western Union is better. We need to make our family and friends to understand bitcoin how it is better and cheaper for money transfers. It is the duty of every bitcoiner.
xht

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 07:14:08 AM

honestly yeah because bitcoin fee is low than western union but the risky using bitcoin is the price can down when you send a money

PAKYU

Activity: 400

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 07:21:03 AM

honestly yeah because bitcoin fee is low than western union but the risky using bitcoin is the price can down when you send a money
Or the price get high when you receive the coins, so its fair enough. I prefer use bitcoin than western union now. Bitcoin simply to use.
jmintuck02

Activity: 182

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 10:17:40 AM

Western Union, you have to wait for it to process for hours or even a day or more, depending on person sending MTC numbers, and also the fees. The fee is less with BTC and an get it in a shorter time. If you have a bitcoin card that can be used in ATM's, so much better.

davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 01:43:08 PM

Western Union, you have to wait for it to process for hours or even a day or more, depending on person sending MTC numbers, and also the fees. The fee is less with BTC and an get it in a shorter time. If you have a bitcoin card that can be used in ATM's, so much better.

Yes if the receiver holds bitcoin debit card then we can assure for fast, easy and cheaper overseas money transfer through bitcoin. I wish to get my family a bitcoin debit card so that I can save big money in transmitting my salary across border.
Hashminers

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 01:47:09 PM

Well this is nice. But I already knew when I knew about BTC.

That is why I do my money to BTC and send my BTC to my family.
MaxTax

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 01:49:08 PM

Bitcoins all the way

It's easier and safer but the receiver has to know how to work with bitcoins though, not everyone knows how bitcoins work

erickimani

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 01:53:38 PM

Bitcoin might be better than western union or other forms of money transfer but is yet to be accepted worldwide. It might have a lot of strengths but not everyone will see this. Not all my business partners or friends and people I send money to will accept Bitcoin, this forces me to remain and struggle with this ancient and expensive channel. My prayer is that Bitcoin overpowers its challenges and prove to the world that it is here to stay.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 01:56:04 PM

Bitcoin might be better than western union or other forms of money transfer but is yet to be accepted worldwide. It might have a lot of strengths but not everyone will see this. Not all my business partners or friends and people I send money to will accept Bitcoin, this forces me to remain and struggle with this ancient and expensive channel. My prayer is that Bitcoin overpowers its challenges and prove to the world that it is here to stay.

it's already accepted world wide. but just on a very small scale. we as users can make the change. use bitcoin more and show merchants and services that there is a lot demand for bitcoin payments.
bank of bits

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 03:31:51 PM

yeah of course, western union take costs upon delivery
if we using bitcoin, at no cost and fast
Djisamsoe

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 03:35:28 PM

I think you wanted to say about the popularity and the fact that it is not yet recognizable? Wink Do not worry, it's only a matter of time. Slowly people will understand how that work and how easy and fast can be transfering money around the world. They will forget about WU. You can start to explain that to your business partners and friens.. Like i do. Wink
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 04:50:25 PM

Why are you assuming that they will not? They naturally will, because it only has advantages. WU is a scam with scammy fees. Anyone dealing with remittances will use Bitcoin, the problem is people are ignorant and more in sheep patterns, they will wait for someone else to start accepting it and once some do it will all follow.
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 07:58:46 PM

Why are you assuming that they will not? They naturally will, because it only has advantages. WU is a scam with scammy fees. Anyone dealing with remittances will use Bitcoin, the problem is people are ignorant and more in sheep patterns, they will wait for someone else to start accepting it and once some do it will all follow.

Exactly, the day I have started using bitcoins I never entered the doorsteps of WU as I feel that bitcoins is best when it comes to online remittances and it is easy, fast and very cheap as compared to WU as WU charges very heavily on each remittances and it takes 24 to 48 hours for transfers whereas transfer with bitcoins takes hardly 5 to 10 minutes.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:02:30 PM

Western union cant compete with bitcoin and has losted some clients already,their fees will lead them into the dark on the next years,as we all believe bitcoin will be for everyone that wanna save and has more power with their own cash.The same thing almost as internet before all use it it started with a small group and well nowadays almost everybody use it and has acess to it,i just hope with bitcoin this be faster,but well there is 7 years almost and im part of bitcoin community around 1 year i guess dont remember well.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1354

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:16:20 PM

Western union cant compete with bitcoin and has losted some clients already,their fees will lead them into the dark on the next years,as we all believe bitcoin will be for everyone that wanna save and has more power with their own cash.The same thing almost as internet before all use it it started with a small group and well nowadays almost everybody use it and has acess to it,i just hope with bitcoin this be faster,but well there is 7 years almost and im part of bitcoin community around 1 year i guess dont remember well.

Bitcoin can't compete against WU in the current times due to people's lack of understanding and technical knowledge regarding it and that's the truth. Yes, bitcoin might be a convenient form of money transfer worldwide, the thing is when you need to convert it to fiat, that is where it gets tricky in some parts of the world. In terms of fees and speed, bitcoin has its edge whereas for global acceptance and knowledge, WU still takes the lead.

█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
 Crypto Marketing Agency
By AB de Royse

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
WIN $50 FREE RAFFLE
Community Giveaway

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀████
██████████████▀▀░░░░████
██████████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░█████
████▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░█▀░░░░░░░██████
████████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐██████
█████████░▄███▄░░███████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
DMB

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:22:03 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2016, 01:39:46 PM by DMB

Western union cant compete with bitcoin investing solutions and has losted some clients already,their fees will lead them into the dark on the next years,as we all believe bitcoin will be for everyone that wanna save and has more power with their own cash.The same thing almost as internet before all use it it started with a small group and well nowadays almost everybody use it and has acess to it,i just hope with bitcoin this be faster,but well there is 7 years almost and im part of bitcoin community around 1 year i guess dont remember well.

Bitcoin can't compete against WU in the current times due to people's lack of understanding and technical knowledge regarding it and that's the truth. Yes, bitcoin might be a convenient form of money transfer worldwide, the thing is when you need to convert it to fiat, that is where it gets tricky in some parts of the world. In terms of fees and speed, bitcoin has its edge whereas for global acceptance and knowledge, WU still takes the lead.

No doubt about it whatsoever bitcoin are better than western union or any other currency for that matter! Smiley
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:32:46 PM

Why I agree that that it is a lot better to send money via Bitcoin than western union the problem is the adoption of Bitcoin is not there yet.  It wouldn't do me any good to send my Grandma money via Bitcoin because she doesn't have an address.  No one is arguing here about whether or not Bitcoin is good, the problem is adoption and acceptance.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: