Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:52:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE}  (Read 109706 times)
5leepyJoe

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 10:59:42 AM

hey toecutter,

Could you guys maybe make it possible to claim more than a single stack of the same goods from your market storage please. Endlessly clicking to claim things is not fun.

Regards,
5leepyJoe

Please take a look at this post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1261310.msg14306825#msg14306825

Although it covers a different issue, the logic behind the restriction is pretty similar.

However, things have changed somewhat since then, and we actually had a discussion about adding checkboxes and "claim all" buttons.

So it might happen, but please don't expect it any time soon.

I fully understand how it would create problems when trying to buy multiple items on the market, but that is not what I am talking about. I am merely talking about moving stuff from your personal storage to your ship. How does that differ from buying or selling multiple stacks in the NPC trade window?

Hey toecutter,

I just wanted to draw your attention to that post again please.

As I mentioned I understand that allowing people to BUY multiple items on the market can create quite a lot of problems. But storage is an entirely different thing. It is no different than your ship cargo or an NPC store. How does moving, for example, 80 Copper Plates from storage to your ship cargo differ from buying 80 plates from an NPC? There is actually less calculation and data that needs to be sent seeing as there is no exchange of money and price changes.

To further illustrate the problem of only being able to Claim a single item/stack at a time please refer to this thread: http://www.satoshigalaxy.com/forum/topic/77

In short, I would need to make over 1000 Claims just to get one batch of 48 items crafted...Nobody has that kind of time. The only reason I can see for the developers and owners to not implement the ability to claim multiple items from storage is to keep the money going back into the game instead of to players, again, illustrated in that thread where I had to cancel a possible 550k a day expense that could have been going to other players. Instead I am forced to buy from the NPC or waste an immense amount of time claiming from storage.

In that case why have a player market at all? Have an NPC market only and that way all money will be filtered back into the game.

Regards,
5leepyJoe

toecutter (OP)

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 10:51:25 AM

Regards,
5leepyJoe

OK, quick question: would limiting buying from NPCs (to 10 items per turn) make things better?

There really are tech.difficulties in our codebase that make "claim all" hard to implement.

SatoshiGalaxy - MMORPG Faucet - No investments - Satoshi payouts.
FUCKUP

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:57:10 AM

Regards,
5leepyJoe

OK, quick question: would limiting buying from NPCs (to 10 items per turn) make things better?

There really are tech.difficulties in our codebase that make "claim all" hard to implement.

NO.  That would definitely make things worse.
Quellzar

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 06:57:28 PM

Regards,
5leepyJoe

NO.  That would definitely make things worse.

Have to agree with the NO on this one personally, that would make a lot of currently simple things very time consuming.
5leepyJoe

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 11:15:23 AM

Regards,
5leepyJoe

NO.  That would definitely make things worse.

Have to agree with the NO on this one personally, that would make a lot of currently simple things very time consuming.

HUGE step backwards if you guys do that.

If it is something you guys can't figure out a workaround to then there really is nothing to be done here. But then game evolution in terms of player trade is at its pinnacle as things are now, which is rather sad. Nobody is going to spend hours on trying to claim stuff from storage.

Still didn't get a proper explanation of what the issue is. As a former developer myself I don't see the issue, but "technical difficulties" will have to suffice.

Thank you toecutter.

toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 01:04:44 PM

Thanks for all the feedback.

I understand that nerfing NPC trade would be very inconvenient by itself, but the question was more about making the Player trade more lucrative.

Maybe you guys have any other ideas?

As for technical difficulties I really don't want to give out false info, as I don't fully understand it myself. I know that it is similar with "craft multiple things at once" issue we had earlier. I've been told it's "impossible to do", because that would require "putting the whole thing in a loop and that is bad for performance". The whole thing was then re-written to still allow it without loops, by pre-calculating some stuff that needed to be done, and then "doing it" in one pass. However, I've been told it's "impossible to do" with storage space now. I'm not sure if some re-writing would help here too or what not.

Please don't quote me on any of that, I feel out of my depth with the whole issue.

hexiuss

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 01:55:04 PM

I love satoshi galaxy best btc game i played so far.

Me and my roommate share same static ip but he can't make an account.

In the tos is says 'no multiple accounts' but it didn't specify via ip or wallet address or w/e.

Is he allowed to make an account or 1 per ip?
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 02:22:39 PM

I love satoshi galaxy best btc game i played so far.

Me and my roommate share same static ip but he can't make an account.

In the tos is says 'no multiple accounts' but it didn't specify via ip or wallet address or w/e.

Is he allowed to make an account or 1 per ip?

Hello, hexiuss.

Thanks for your feedback. It's "one account per one human being" in theory, but yeah, 1 per IP in practice.

5leepyJoe

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 06:48:58 PM

I love this game no problem to me so far Grin
Btw anyone could tell me the minimum payout?

I believe it is 100 satoshi.

5leepyJoe

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 06:53:53 PM

Thanks for all the feedback.

I understand that nerfing NPC trade would be very inconvenient by itself, but the question was more about making the Player trade more lucrative.

Maybe you guys have any other ideas?

As for technical difficulties I really don't want to give out false info, as I don't fully understand it myself. I know that it is similar with "craft multiple things at once" issue we had earlier. I've been told it's "impossible to do", because that would require "putting the whole thing in a loop and that is bad for performance". The whole thing was then re-written to still allow it without loops, by pre-calculating some stuff that needed to be done, and then "doing it" in one pass. However, I've been told it's "impossible to do" with storage space now. I'm not sure if some re-writing would help here too or what not.

Please don't quote me on any of that, I feel out of my depth with the whole issue.

If it is stated to be impossible to do then I highly question the skill set of the developers from here on in. That sounds absolutely ludicrous.

I think the thing that upsets me most is how limited the game suddenly seems to me. Other than piling on new things there is no way the already existing features can develop to its full potential, and there is so much room for that. I think I have personally shown that with the way I have been going about doing things in the game.

But anyways, let's move on.

Przemax

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 02:04:25 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2016, 03:12:12 PM by Przemax

Its nice that a lot of players try this game. But the problem is - they dont stay too long. I have an idea why is that. The game has not complied with the current game market principles of selling a nicelooking packaged crap. I dont say SG should sell packaged crap, but at least should adress some issues.

There are two issues players face with novaday games.

Games are extrelemy easy at the begining. You hack, slash kill tons and tons, gain tons and tons of crap. It doesnt matter that its a crap, all that matters that youve got a LOT of crap. So a game can issue some promo to new players that they get x4 of everything for some time.

Games novadays gives a lot of crappy free stuff. So you may adjust to that by adding promotion to new players that they get some powerful energy beam, powerful mining tools. that have like 2/2 durability or such etc etc.

The people are feeling insignificant so they expect a game to make them feel special, warm and fussy. Its kind of sad considering how oldschool players wanted something completly opposite.

Im an oldchool player, the people that i talk to in game, are oldschool players, but oldschool players are dying breed.

Other than that. Maybe we should redo that battle arena pvp event? Its getting too peaceful.

And yes. Missions should be easier. By easier I mean, the mission should involve normal ingame behaviour, like transporting colonists from one gpd planet to the other. If its possible the missions should show the way how to fly to the desired sector on the map, or general direction of said sector.
Missions can be transformed to a very cool game tutorial if made right.
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 03:20:23 PM

Update!

• [BUG] Selling ships doesn't take durability into account.
  • [BUG] Equipment still stacks when it shouldn't. (@onlinedigger)
  • [ENC] Crafting costs energy now.*
  • [ENC] Doomsday is activated.**

* Crafters are still way over-powered. Expect more nerfs in that area.

** Because you guys can totally deal with it now.

@Przemax, that's some excellent feedback! I'll add some comments soon.

zaiusz

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 06:17:53 PM

Update!

• [BUG] Selling ships doesn't take durability into account.
  • [BUG] Equipment still stacks when it shouldn't. (@onlinedigger)
  • [ENC] Crafting costs energy now.*
  • [ENC] Doomsday is activated.**

So, basically all truckers need a reactor now, which kind of sucks if you own a few of them. 

Regarding crafters, there are some players out there that have already gotten a very steep lead of assets over everyone else, and it will be impossible for anyone to catch up to them once things are nerfed.
Quellzar

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 08:05:07 PM

220 energy to craft 5 armor plates o.O
Quellzar

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 08:31:37 PM

Not looking to be a pain in your ass or anything toecutter but would it be possible to get some context to go with this comment. For example overpowered in regards to, or in comparison to what exactly? and in what way. 

Im not exactly the fastest earner in the game by a long shot but was finally starting to feel comfortable investing in some more expensive projects for myself and exploring the options in the game but from what i can see this change in energy requirements basically means a slow down of all crafting across the board unless you can dump a bunch of sat into expensive reactors and such. meaning basically that the more sat you already have the less you will be effected by this. and the further down that chain you are the harder its going to hit.

If thats the case i dont see how this is going to change much of anything regarding those you might refer to as "overpowered" but will hit low lvl players like a hammer.

for reference purposes, id toss myself in at mid level maybe as a guess...

its just a bit hard to see what exactly was being aimed at here at the moment and so it just kinda seems like a gut shot out of nowhere. some of the energy rates are pretty bloody steep. some items can no longer even be crafted in a trucker which is kinda the go to crafting ship because they require so much energy to produce one unit that its actually impossible. the armor plating as i pointed out below needs more than even a privateer can have to craft only 5 units....... making a trucker full would now be basically an all day operation. Is the enforcer now supposed to be the go to crafting ship?

any clarification you might offer on all of this would be greatly appreciated.

On the flip side though, thank you guys a million times over for the mhz increase  Grin
Przemax

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 09:47:48 PM

Another change, and another whiners. Jesus. Crafting was overpowered. Period. Thats nothing to discuss here. From balance point of view it had to be done. There is only a question if its too harsh or no. And no. Im not too powerful for that to not affect me. Ofcourse it will affect me, and im happy about it. I was feeling complied to do way more crafting than it was fun. Mass crafting even if totally boring was too profitable to miss previous to changes.

And changes wont affect newbies at all. If it will then mining will be increased and it will even out.

I would like to remind you that its faucet game. Crafting requires a little to no clicks and can make you a lot of satoshis. So its necessary from a developer point of view to keep the game alive.

Thats just my opinion. I would suggest leave your complains about some of the values that are too high or low, but for me its a good way to go to keep the game alive.
5leepyJoe

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 10:03:04 PM

Another change, and another whiners. Jesus. Crafting was overpowered. Period. Thats nothing to discuss here. From balance point of view it had to be done. There is only a question if its too harsh or no. And no. Im not too powerful for that to not affect me. Ofcourse it will affect me, and im happy about it. I was feeling complied to do way more crafting than it was fun. Mass crafting even if totally boring was too profitable to miss previous to changes.

And changes wont affect newbies at all. If it will then mining will be increased and it will even out.

I would like to remind you that its faucet game. Crafting requires a little to no clicks and can make you a lot of satoshis. So its necessary from a developer point of view to keep the game alive.

Thats just my opinion. I would suggest leave your complains about some of the values that are too high or low, but for me its a good way to go to keep the game alive.

Stop getting upset over people that don't share your view, you can't always be right  Wink

Im not exactly the fastest earner in the game by a long shot but was finally starting to feel comfortable investing in some more expensive projects for myself and exploring the options in the game but from what i can see this change in energy requirements basically means a slow down of all crafting across the board unless you can dump a bunch of sat into expensive reactors and such. meaning basically that the more sat you already have the less you will be effected by this. and the further down that chain you are the harder its going to hit.

If thats the case i dont see how this is going to change much of anything regarding those you might refer to as "overpowered" but will hit low lvl players like a hammer.

I fully agree with this.

I've been saying for a long time they keep implementing things that make it harder and harder on the beginners, yet leave the advanced players mostly untouched, instead of implementing things that keep the more advanced players more invested into the game. Sadly this trend continues. Instead of an increase in regular players and the over all user base I predict a rather sad decline.

Przemax

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 10:08:27 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2016, 10:18:46 PM by Przemax

]Stop getting upset over people that don't share your view, you can't always be right  Wink

Im not upset. I just see misunderstanding of a concept of a faucet game. Im just pointing this out that its not a wishing contest. When did Ive got upset here? Like.... never?

I havnt argue with anyone here. Ever. Ive just pointed out the bad whining habbit.
Quellzar

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 10:26:07 PM

Wow man, sorry my asking for clarification of what the purpose of the changes were was so offensive to you you had to resort to name calling lol. is a tad silly to react like that if you ask me but whatever dude. your suggestions are noted and essentially ignored simply because if you bothered to read the post i wasn't exactly complaining just pointing out some things i didnt personally understand about what they were trying to do, i dont see anything wrong with that.

and yes your right i didn't totally understand the point and specifics of it, that is why i asked for clarification. I cant just magically pull knowledge out my ass like some people seem to think they can. thanks though for your ever so constructive criticism, it was so very useful Tongue
Przemax

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 10:31:45 PM

Name calling? You mean whiners? Well. It was whining wasnt it? So its not offensive per se. Purpose of every balance is to balance each elements isnt it?

Sorry if you view that as offensive, but thats how i see such a hostility towards any rebalancing. It happens in every game by some sort of people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: