Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:59:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 410 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)  (Read 495944 times)
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 07:44:56 PM

Hey All,

By this time, over 80% of the orders have been processed.

If yours has not, please PM me ASAP!

Charlie

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand within minutes of having typed and submitted that post, I get an email response from "Rachel" telling me that the transfer has gone through. Sure enough, it has.

Crisis averted, everyone have a good day Smiley

yup me too  thanks RACHEL.. will use again.. I think this is an important page because alot of use (recently) lost our BTC or not lost but had them help up.Mine for almost 2 days.Anyway anyone with this problem must go to the   SUPPORT SITE FIRST..!! That is your first action...PM them and you will get a standard sorry pm but they get to you .Mine was a bit later but when i got ahold of YANKEE he mentioned that they where having a gliches so the almost 2 days later they are here.I think they should have refunded my fee but what are you gonna do.Im ready for some valium right now. lol take care guys..Glad to have some support rather than nothing..still sketch for sure.will try one more time with BITINSTNT.

Hey, Im glad it got resolved  Grin

What is your BTC address so we can refund the fees?

Update.  Finally received Bitcoins ordered Saturday received Thursday.  When I purchased the Bitcoins it was worth about $305.00 which on Saturday was $23.50 for one Bitcoin and i was going to receive 13 Bitcoins.  Today when the transaction went thru one Bitcoin was worth $26.40 and they refunded the fees so I had $316.05 but with the price going up $3.00 a Bitcoin in four days I am still only receiving 12 Bitcoins.  I am not going to even say what that leads me to believe they could be doing.  Oh well at least I got the majority of it back.  Not sure if ill use this service again.

Quote ID   f4f2c93e-b6b6-45b5-a544-7398aacbcfd2

Hey, have you tried redeeming the code? Doesent look like we cashed it.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackd523

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 07:56:56 PM

Hey I'm not sure if my pms are getting through. But I'm waiting on this 0ca4c841-7dbe-448d-8862-418d086d67c5

Thank you
dusty85

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 07:59:55 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2013, 05:29:07 PM by dusty85

Update.  Finally received Bitcoins ordered Saturday received Thursday.  When I purchased the Bitcoins it was worth about $305.00 which on Saturday was $23.50 for one Bitcoin and i was going to receive 13 Bitcoins.  Today when the transaction went thru one Bitcoin was worth $26.40 and they refunded the fees so I had $316.05 but with the price going up $3.00 a Bitcoin in four days I am still only receiving 12 Bitcoins.  I am not going to even say what that leads me to believe they could be doing.  Oh well at least I got the majority of it back.  Not sure if ill use this service again.

1PEAaAiZDkJ77Sjp6QQQ4zGwszJTT6YuBx  

Update:  Fees refunded

KryptoXchanger

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:00:19 PM

hi yankee,

is something wrong with btc-e? there is enough $ on reserve, but i dont see the money i transfered.

Order ID   c6bb2bd6-5cb3-4b0b-8d50-99caae587ca0
Quote ID   cc28af16-9cd8-4553-8f92-2ffc957c3c7d
Event ID   149b4279-6f01-4076-9ad5-2d9ecffc3c1d
debbyjean

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:17:12 PM

Yankee,

I am unsure if my PMs are getting through. I posted a message on this forum, emailed customer service, and have sent a couple of PMs.

Sorry to trouble you, but my transfer from dwolla failed. Could use your help.

Quote ID   f4cddf33-6a72-42a0-87fa-8db8eefb959f

Thanks for your help,

debbyjean
ThaddeusB

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:22:43 PM

Can you fix or refund the following order: c7bb663a-e7be-4e51-9340-36c490ed2e9b

It looks like no BTC-e transactions are going through (reserves remain constant) at this time.
LeftCoast

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:24:05 PM

Yankee...I just sent you a PM with the information to my transaction.
Thanks for the help.
jackl526

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:26:13 PM

Just received my coins in my wallet, and awaiting confirmation.

Spent $105 and was supposed to receive $100 worth of coins, at $26/coin 2 days ago. I was given 3.83 coins at the current market price of $27.1 which is $103.

If you have an issue, just PM Yankee and he'll take care of it shortly. The market is crazy now with SO much volume and unstable prices. I'd hope they didn't buy them with my money at $23 last night and then sell them to me for $27 just now, but being a conspiracy theorist never got anyone anywhere :-)

I'll continue to do business with BitInstant because even if it took some extra time, I've received my coins and even though the email support for the website didn't yield any results, the fact that Yankee has been manually handling these cases on here says something.

Thanks Yankee
silverstax

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:30:21 PM

Bitcoins came through. Thanks for the help. I'm sure you guys are just having some issues right now, and that's understandable, but please try to help these other folks who aren't as patient, so they can stop snitching to the government.
Nuro77

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:35:49 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2013, 05:42:45 PM by Nuro77

Attempted to do my first cash-to-wallet transaction via BitInstant. But it seems to have been unsuccessful (Order execution failed!) and now it's just stuck on "New Order"...

The log doesn't seem to be ordered/displayed in a chronological fasion - so I'm not even sure if I should trust it for that fact.

Quote ID    edited

If anyone could explain to me why this happened, what's going on right now, and what happens next ... that would great! I'll also look back some pages to see if an explanation for all the problems has been posted.

I thought I'd have bitcoins relatively quickly, but now I'm reading here that a few people wait days to a week before it's resolved!

Thanks.

EDIT/UPDATE - support emailed response about transferring to tech support for manual transaction.

No explanation why this has to be done manually, why it failed, why they can't cancel and reload it in 30 seconds automatically (I'm sure 100s of successful transactions are being done right now)... No insight provided into the issue = huge problem for me. If I just knew, that would be 95% of my worry.

EDIT/UPDATE - Issue resolved.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 10:03:10 PM

Hey All,

Hey I'm not sure if my pms are getting through. But I'm waiting on this 0ca4c841-7dbe-448d-8862-418d086d67c5

Thank you

Yup, got it and processed!

EDIT/UPDATE - support emailed response about transferring to tech support for manual transaction.

No explanation why this has to be done manually, why it failed, why they can't cancel and reload it in 30 seconds automatically (I'm sure 100s of successful transactions are being done right now)... No insight provided into the issue = huge problem for me. If I just knew, that would be 95% of my worry.

Hey,

Thanks for using us for the first time, I hope these issues dont deter you from trying again.

Few points

1- In this thread, I explained 2-3 times already why we are having this issue. Its as simple as going back into the previous pages and looking.
2- Our support agents need to spend their time wisely and fixing the issue as fast as possible, sometimes they dont have time to explain what went wrong. Additonally, some of them don't know what went wrong as it just happend.
3- This issue was due to the MtGox API failing overnight. Simply send me a PM and I can explain more.

Thanks

hi yankee,

is something wrong with btc-e? there is enough $ on reserve, but i dont see the money i transfered.

Order ID   c6bb2bd6-5cb3-4b0b-8d50-99caae587ca0
Quote ID   cc28af16-9cd8-4553-8f92-2ffc957c3c7d
Event ID   149b4279-6f01-4076-9ad5-2d9ecffc3c1d

Hey,

BTCe has been DOS'd all day. As soon as the attack ends, the orders will be processed

Yankee,

I am unsure if my PMs are getting through. I posted a message on this forum, emailed customer service, and have sent a couple of PMs.

Sorry to trouble you, but my transfer from dwolla failed. Could use your help.

Quote ID   f4cddf33-6a72-42a0-87fa-8db8eefb959f

Thanks for your help,

debbyjean

Already processed!

Just received my coins in my wallet, and awaiting confirmation.

Spent $105 and was supposed to receive $100 worth of coins, at $26/coin 2 days ago. I was given 3.83 coins at the current market price of $27.1 which is $103.

If you have an issue, just PM Yankee and he'll take care of it shortly. The market is crazy now with SO much volume and unstable prices. I'd hope they didn't buy them with my money at $23 last night and then sell them to me for $27 just now, but being a conspiracy theorist never got anyone anywhere :-)

I'll continue to do business with BitInstant because even if it took some extra time, I've received my coins and even though the email support for the website didn't yield any results, the fact that Yankee has been manually handling these cases on here says something.

Thanks Yankee

Hey,

Shoot me your BTC address and we will honor the price and refund the fees as promised!

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
ThaddeusB

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 10:14:11 PM

Hey,

BTCe has been DOS'd all day. As soon as the attack ends, the orders will be processed

BTC-e has been runnign fine for 2-3 hours now...
MrSambal

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 10:21:10 PM

BTC-e does confirm the DDoS issue, however its been fine for hours now indeed, hoping to be able to use my funds soon :-/

eastmancl

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 10:47:05 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2013, 02:42:42 AM by eastmancl

Attempted to do my first cash-to-wallet transaction via BitInstant. But it seems to have been unsuccessful (Order execution failed!) and now it's just stuck on "New Order"...

The log doesn't seem to be ordered/displayed in a chronological fasion - so I'm not even sure if I should trust it for that fact.

Quote ID    d8638b22-da78-4fcb-8187-a4715c19d8ac

If anyone could explain to me why this happened, what's going on right now, and what happens next ... that would great! I'll also look back some pages to see if an explanation for all the problems has been posted.

I thought I'd have bitcoins relatively quickly, but now I'm reading here that a few people wait days to a week before it's resolved!

Thanks.

I am having the same problem. Despite a successful ZipZap payment on 2/12/13, I still do not have my bitcoins. After the first 5 hours, I realized something was wrong, so I e-mailed customer support. I did not receive a reply until the next day, at which point I was told it had been forwarded to tech and I'd have my coins at the end of the day. At the end of the day, I still did not have my coins, so I e-mailed again, and I was told it could take up to one business day. It has been 25 hours since it was "forwarded to tech support," a full business day and 25X the advertised timeframe. Over 46X the advertised timeframe from successful ZipZap payment.

Unfortunately, when I found out last night that I wouldn't have my coins until today, I initiated another transfer. I will take part of the blame on that - fool me twice, shame on me - but I still urgently needed my bitcoins, and they couldn't possibly screw up twice, right? Wrong, the exact same thing happened to my second order. I realized within the hour this time, and e-mailed immediately, and was told the same thing. That was 20 hours ago, still no bitcoins, and my wallets still do not show up on blockchain.info as ever being used on the network.

So, I've been lied to several times now. First, getting my bitcoins "in an hour" - never happened. Second, the e-mail that told me I'd have it by the end of the day. Third, the NEXT e-mail which said I'd have it in one business day. None of those things have happened. Oh, and multiply that all by 2. I understand things happen, but this is too much.

For some business models this would be understandable. However, when the service exists to get "bitcoins in an hour," the slogan is "time is money," and the word "Instant" is 2/3rds of the company's name, this is entirely unacceptable. I had to create an account here just because others have reported that this (or spamming support) are the only ways to get things done. Seeing others are having the same problem shows me I'm way down on the list.

I have been pretty reasonable in my responses considering my money is being held hostage and nothing has been done about it and I haven't been told what the issue even is (until I found this forum I guess) . I would like to cancel both orders, but if that's not possible, when I receive my coins I will put together an invoice for the 3.99% BitInstant charges, $7.90 in ZipZap charges (I would not being paying ZipZap if it always took 2 days - ZipZap is payed as part of the "instant" agreement - and I would not have even put in the second transaction if the first had worked. Plus, ZipZap did their job perfectly, and if they hadn't then I'd be completely SOL), and I will also be checking that the bitcoins are in the amount they held at the time of purchase (whether larger or smaller, I will play fair).

This service has been decent in the past, and had things been fixed the first time I was told, I would continue using the service. But I can no longer in good faith put my money in this company's hands. I will be switching to bank transfers from now on.

My ZipZap accounts are 540811650 and 715594198, respectively.

Thank you,
Chris Eastman

EDIT : My coins have arrived. I am still very unimpressed, but the matter was addressed. They are not crooks, just an overwhelmed company. However, the way a business responds to adversity speaks volumes.
cmz8706

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 11:34:55 PM

I've been using Bitinstant for months without any problems until this week.

made my deposit on Monday using the same method as always: Bitinstant -> Moneygram/CVS -> bitcoin address.
this usually results in payment within hours. usually before I even get home to check, the money is there.

but this week it's already been days (Monday to Thursday) and my wallet is still empty.
what information do you need from me in order to track down my deposit? I've got my physical receipts + confirmation emails and Payment slip.
usb8000

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 12:16:37 AM

Here is the ID# 4e9fdb8a-e95b-4c1c-8f83-3be82ebfb598

Thanks!
Sharp As Marbles

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 12:22:11 AM

You can search my original posts for reference.

After going to police, and IC3.  I did receive my coins.

Charlie told me he wouldn't release my coins until I dropped police report on advise from counsel. 

He sent anyway the next day, just proving from ceo to all levels of support are confirmed liars.

I got a full refund from zipzap due to fraud.

Absolutely run by criminals making money off delays and lies.

Stay Away!!!

P.s He never refunded fees or gave my correct amount in coin.

Just glad I got a refund.

Nuro77

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 12:41:59 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2013, 05:43:14 PM by Nuro77

I've been reading some of the past posts here to get an idea of why this is happening. So far the story is that it seems to be caused by DDoS attacks on the exchanges, some issues with 3rd parties / APIs failing, user faults, and sometimes bad or non existant support.

But some questions have come up...

Yankee -

When a purchase transaction that should have never even been accepted by the system (when system is clearly inoperable) in the first place is automatically (and/or predictably) failed, does BitInstant lock you into that exact time's bitcoin price? On which exchange - MtGox?

Does this work both ways, if the price later increases or decreases?

What if after 48h the price drops or increases dramatically?

Why are failed transactions delayed so long, it seems that other transaction go through, but the ones that failed are scheduled to be pushed much much later on? The only way I can explain this and make sense of the comment that the exchange api failed earlier, is if you don't really buy in real-time on the exchanges, you just give out from your own coin reserves, and later on in the night or day cover your own position on different exchanges and however else for your advantage - in the hopes of making a profit on it. But this way, I still don't see why similar transactions fail and suceed at the same time.

Is BitInstant still accepting transaction that it can't complete?

When will this all be cleared up (the simple cash to coin transactions at least)? When the DDoS ends (hasn't it yet)?

EDIT/UPDATE - Issue resolved.
cmz8706

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 01:57:30 AM

well I'm pretty positive that my issue has nothing to do with user error.
I used the same process and the same information with the same vendor that I have every time in the past.

this is the first time that Bitinstant has failed to deposit the coins to my wallet within 24 hours.
I see people calling them crooks and thugs who are stealing.

I'm certainly not prepared to go that far. but hopefully they can resolve my (and others) issues soon. I really don't want to have to involve the Better Business Bureau or other legal proceedings over losing $100 dollars, but as of right now, I'm stuck for 100 bucks.
jewpsy

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 02:23:32 AM

My first issue with BitInstant after several good transactions, but still, as a company that is based on speed of service and ease of use, it stings quite a bit.  Especially since we are talking about a currency exchange, and an extremely volatile one at that. My zipzap account for the transaction is 775678105.

And is it just me, or didn't it used to say "Bitcoins in under an hour" instead of "Pay for your bitcoins in under an hour?"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 410 »
  Print  

Jump to: