Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:26:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WARP - Something different - VPN Wallet BETA Release - Bittrex/YoBit  (Read 115956 times)
riceberry

Activity: 491
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:07:40 PM

https://warpslack.herokuapp.com/ Doesn't work anymore. Also we need to work on a better coin distribution. Someone having almost 12% of all coins is scary. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/warp/#!wallets

Why do you think that's scary?  This coin is very young, and distribution will come with time.  The road to a 1 million dollar marketcap is long, and coins will change hands on the way automatically. No need to worry :-)

Regards
Goldmaxx

Wouldn't biggest wallet be an exchange?

The biggest wallet is a yobit deposit address.
kbhutto

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:10:38 PM

@shapetwist can you shed some light on servers? will these be hard-coded? what if WARP users want to offer their own servers and get some WRAP reward in return.

The servers are not hardcoded. They will be read from an online API, that reads from an extensive server list. You will be able to connect to your own server too, if you can provide a working conf file.
There are no plans at the moment to offer yourself as a server. I made a commitment about simple usage and simple features. Providing yourself as a server is - for now - inconsequent.

But keep in mind this is the very very first beta. A lot of input will be considered. But anything that it is too complicated for the end user will not be part of the plan.

So are you going to be controlling the VPN servers? Would it not make more sense to have a master node type service that people could set up and collect fees from, similar to darksend? This would make it distributed and presumably somewhat anonymous.

That's what I had in my mind.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
bigs21024

Activity: 294

please help gofund.me/bigs21024 Family in need

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:21:40 PM

@shapetwist could i get a slack invite by chance i am bigs21024 off of yobit, thanks

kbhutto

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:31:06 PM

I don't see any big sell walls on YoBit, which shows confidence in this coin!

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 08:42:18 PM

I submitted WARP @ PoloniEx coinrequest:

https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Last coin I like this much (and submitted too) was RADS.

Depredation

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:48:34 PM

Hopefully on there soon  Cheesy

▄█▄         ▄█▄
                            ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                          ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                        ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                      ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                    ▄████▀      ▄████▀
 ▄█▄          ▄      ▀█▀      ▄████▀
▀████▄      ▄███▄           ▄████▀
  ▀████▄     ▀████▄       ▄████▀
    ▀████▄     ▀████▄   ▄████▀
      ▀████▄     ▀████▄████▀
        ▀████▄     ▀█████▀
          ▀█▀        ▀█▀
.verify.▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 09:26:58 PM

Someone should tweet @richiela too. I think it's time.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
kbhutto

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:30:09 PM

Should wait for working VPN client.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
shapetwist (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 01:47:35 AM

@shapetwist could i get a slack invite by chance i am bigs21024 off of yobit, thanks

PM me your email address.

$APX - AstroPepeX - 1st AI developed ETH token
bep42

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 09:46:05 AM

Should wait for working VPN client.

Exactly, i think we should wait for VPN first....
shapetwist (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 10:28:32 AM

@shapetwist can you shed some light on servers? will these be hard-coded? what if WARP users want to offer their own servers and get some WRAP reward in return.

The servers are not hardcoded. They will be read from an online API, that reads from an extensive server list. You will be able to connect to your own server too, if you can provide a working conf file.
There are no plans at the moment to offer yourself as a server. I made a commitment about simple usage and simple features. Providing yourself as a server is - for now - inconsequent.

But keep in mind this is the very very first beta. A lot of input will be considered. But anything that it is too complicated for the end user will not be part of the plan.

So are you going to be controlling the VPN servers? Would it not make more sense to have a master node type service that people could set up and collect fees from, similar to darksend? This would make it distributed and presumably somewhat anonymous.

I won't be controlling the servers. They belong to an open network of users. Let's go step by step, eventually more features will be added, yet always keeping in mind to make it simple enough for any user.

mcphervi

Activity: 359

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 11:35:32 AM

I won't be controlling the servers. They belong to an open network of users. Let's go step by step, eventually more features will be added, yet always keeping in mind to make it simple enough for any user.

Agreed on step by step - you're doing good work and things're looking very positive.

Thoughts;
If the network of servers is external to the coin;
- The coin is not a tool to pay for VPN servers and they are not linked to the coin; the coin loses its intrinsic value as a means of payment for VPN service
- The VPN function of the coin may not always exist as long as the coin does - having this function created by the network internalizes the service and creates user trust that it will exist as long as the coin/wallet does
- Third parties lose the incentive to become involved in the coin by operating master nodes/servers and collecting fees - affects userbase incentive/interest

I totally agree on making it easy/simple - that is powerful. If you could satisfy that objective while also creating the ability to make nodes/servers in an easy to setup fashion you'd really have something.
kbhutto

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 12:39:16 PM

Agreed on step by step - you're doing good work and things're looking very positive.

Thoughts;
- The coin is not a tool to pay for VPN servers and they are not linked to the coin; the coin loses its intrinsic value as a means of payment for VPN service
- The VPN function of the coin may not always exist as long as the coin does - having this function created by the network internalizes the service and creates user trust that it will exist as long as the coin/wallet does
- Third parties lose the incentive to become involved in the coin by operating master nodes/servers and collecting fees - affects userbase incentive/interest

I totally agree on making it easy/simple - that is powerful. If you could satisfy that objective while also creating the ability to make nodes/servers in an easy to setup fashion you'd really have something.

Agree, plus what if these open servers go offline? It will be hassle for an end-user to try servers in the list one-by-one. We somehow should link VPN service to this coin.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
shapetwist (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 03:46:30 PM

Thoughts;

Agree, plus what if these open servers go offline? It will be hassle for an end-user to try servers in the list one-by-one. We somehow should link VPN service to this coin.

You guys raise good points. I get it that people will want rewards from running servers/masternodes/etc. I pledged my actions with WARP to be focused on usability - this means keeping things simple enough for every kind of end user. That is the priority, the first focus. After that we can speculate or brainstorm what could come next.

The questions whether the VPN feature in-wallet holds any intrinsic value... Well, it will. For now it will run ungoverned, but the point is to have it controlled via time vs balance. Wallet balance will dictate what VPN air time would be available. This will work directly related to the financial side, however, no coins will be spent. The balance would just be locked for the VPN air time, which encourages users to keep their coins. The VPN service itself will be free: there's no way I can charge people for using public servers.

If servers go offline that won't be an issue. Everytime you visit VPN tab the server list is updated.

Nice to see good thoughts around here. I encourage everyone else to give their ideas and recommendations.

We're adding a connection status icon later today and updating the config vpn files, so that a connection is established. Here's another current screenshot:

l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 04:28:59 PM

Looking great Smiley Can't wait to use the VPN. Its really nice to see a dev actually putting in work on a coin Cheesy kinda a rare thing in the past 1-2 years.
kbhutto

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 04:57:24 PM

We can have both i.e. open servers and premium/paid servers offered by WARP users Cheesy

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
shapetwist (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 05:00:38 PM

Looking great Smiley Can't wait to use the VPN. Its really nice to see a dev actually putting in work on a coin Cheesy kinda a rare thing in the past 1-2 years.

I'm doing what I promised.

Here is the paper wallet: http://warpcoin.com/paper/

shapetwist (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 05:03:34 PM

We can have both i.e. open servers and premium/paid servers offered by WARP users Cheesy

You have to understand the scale of such service. By providing VPN server option, we have to go and slice a major part of the raised funds to make that happen. It's a very intensive task.

I will be focusing on other useful things first - for the sake of general adoption.

Dexter12

Activity: 433

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 05:49:36 PM

And you are doing it very well.
Always remember: slow and steady wins the race  Smiley

Keep up the good work.
riceberry

Activity: 491

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 06:32:47 PM

Looks good. Just a suggestion though: I think some sources for this page should be available so people can generate addresses locally, just like bitaddress.org links to the github repo so people can download.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: