Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:49:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to quit Gambling for good?  (Read 69087 times)
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:51:28 AM

If you really want to stop your gambling activities seek professional help.
Being addictive means you got no control whatsoever and getting some help from a professional will really help you..

Not for a year but permanently.
Such treatments can often backfire too, like if you were too addicted and when stopped under this treatment, you can commit wrong things which you won't commit when you leave gambling with your desire.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
makingwin1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:12:19 PM

you should try go to gym, it keeps your mind off everything, so should keep minds from gambling too, or search for another hobby, something that you will like
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:23:07 PM

you should try go to gym, it keeps your mind off everything, so should keep minds from gambling too, or search for another hobby, something that you will like

It first, its hard to start, but after a while of doing something else, for sure you will love it, and might just forget about sitting in front of your computer...

cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:59:42 PM

Quitting gambling is not that easy as it seems by words. You need some real control over yourself and you must understand that what are the problems you facing because of gambling, you always have to make sure that you find ways to hate it rather than love it.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:08:49 PM

^^! Quit Gambling by gamble all your assest.. and you are homeless.. No internet, nothing and no gambling :v

another opinion like this, make me surprise that so many people think that way. in dozens of methods to chose, why stupid idea like that is so popular?
Well, all people think differently and you never know which method can work for whom, for some people even the most strange methods seems working. I love to see new ways adopted by people to quit gambling often Wink
Zaun

Activity: 770

Forza Roma

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:19:09 PM

Sports or even yoga can help to think straight. But it all start with acceptance.
Accept you are an addict and don't be afraid or ashamed to ask other people for help.
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 04:45:50 AM

Sports or even yoga can help to think straight. But it all start with acceptance.
Accept you are an addict and don't be afraid or ashamed to ask other people for help.
I think you can easily quit gambling if you really take it seriously. You have to understand that gambling only brings destruction and loss, so better leave it before the times comes for you to leave the world Grin

michnelli6

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 09:30:45 AM

You can quit gambling but there are various levels of addiction and until you know which level you are at, you cant quit. If you are at the worst level, then take medical help and stay sometime in hospital or whatever they suggest.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 11:46:04 AM

Try having a withdrawal therapy like the ones who undergo drugs. Minimize your gambling activities little by little until your urge to gamble is gone.

Yup the urge in gambling is just on your mind try to just refresh your head with no gambling on it, me I don't think im gonna be addicted with just gambling I play gambling yes but in moderation.

Gambling is good when you play it or treat is just for fun, but if it becomes addiction then it would be really difficult for anyone to quit it so easily.

But you can't deliberately be addicted to it when you are having fun, for a normal person when he is not gaining any money from it he will just quit it or just play it in moderation because of the involvement of money, but when a persons mind is not stable for it he might find himself very addicted to it and he needs physiological attention towards it. 
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 11:57:21 AM

Quitting gambling is not that easy as it seems by words. You need some real control over yourself and you must understand that what are the problems you facing because of gambling, you always have to make sure that you find ways to hate it rather than love it.

It is sure hard to quit something addictive. I also tried removing my online gaming addiction but everytime I tried a new addicting game pops up. I know it is much much harder to quit gambling if you are really addicted to it. A support group could really help a person trying to get away from addiction.
Hashminers

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:22:30 PM

Quitting gambling is very easy just control yourself, and do not gamble with large amounts till you want to stop for good with it.
You have to do it less more and than stop at a certain point!
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:32:03 PM

The best solution to quit gambling is to join in any other sports play like basket ball.. You can forget gambling by playing basket also sports like League of legends and dota2 they are addicted too so that you can forget gambling...
adding activities will only treat the addiction you for some time only. if you stop playing basketball or dota, of course you're going to try gambling back. so I think looking for activities that can be done every day
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:51:53 PM

Quitting gambling is very easy just control yourself, and do not gamble with large amounts till you want to stop for good with it.
You have to do it less more and than stop at a certain point!

why is all suggestion here is stopping people from gambling for me gambling is not addictive maybe it depends on who's playing it I keep on playing gambling but not from time to time I just play in moderation and I have a safe zone in betting on gambling so even if I lose I will not lose that much.
znickelbackz

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:26:08 PM

^^! Quit Gambling by gamble all your assest.. and you are homeless.. No internet, nothing and no gambling :v

another opinion like this, make me surprise that so many people think that way. in dozens of methods to chose, why stupid idea like that is so popular?
Well, all people think differently and you never know which method can work for whom, for some people even the most strange methods seems working. I love to see new ways adopted by people to quit gambling often Wink

people like this create crazy methods that i doubt they dare to try on themselves. methods like this is not new, it appears several time. that makes me surprise.
LarryHocks

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:49:27 PM

If you want to quit gambling for good and you are really addicted to gambling, its pretty hard because you are like a drug addicted, you want to stop but you cant, for these people there is serious needed, they need to speak with a real professional or go to a clinic.

In my opinion that is the best choice you can make, let someone help you otherwise you will may fallback in the same habit.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:15:42 PM

I do see many gamblers are not preferring to quit gambling. Yes, often many gamblers are rude , not sure why but I have really noticed this very often. Even they know the all the dangers of gambling still they simply continue it. But their bankroll will decide their life with gambling one day.
I think actually they are want to wish out. and an end to the defeat and loss. but his instinct want to continue to survive gamble. because your desire for it will always lose to greed
Nimbulan

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:31:33 PM

Since gambling is a hobby, you need to find another hobby that you may like, people loves to read a books, so don't gamble that money but buy a book

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
jonathgb25

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 03:57:11 PM

Try having a withdrawal therapy like the ones who undergo drugs. Minimize your gambling activities little by little until your urge to gamble is gone.

This is is possible if you haven't staked your properties into gambling... or if you only got busted a few times, but if you were busted big time, then it will be harder, EXCEPT, if you could accept that you fail in gambling..  Smiley

That gambler needs a sponsor to get his staked properties to get back if he cannot moved by it. If I am in this state, I will probably gambling right now to get what I lost.

hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 04:02:06 PM

Since gambling is a hobby, you need to find another hobby that you may like, people loves to read a books, so don't gamble that money but buy a book
looking for a good hobby is very important that all the bad hobby will disappear, a hobby, do lah activity is good, like exercising. it might actually make you forget that you're a gambler
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 04:07:19 PM

looking for a good hobby is very important that all the bad hobby will disappear, a hobby, do lah activity is good, like exercising. it might actually make you forget that you're a gambler

the choice of the hobby is very important, it should not be another destructive action that leads the person to another form of addiction, and the hobby also needs to be attractive enough to keep the person busy so that he won't replace to his old wrong habits.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: