Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:40:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to quit Gambling for good?  (Read 69085 times)
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:48:52 PM

It take will power to quit anything. If your heart and mind isnt ready to let it go you will fail. Gotta be ready mentally to move forward.

That's true, if you are addicted already to gambling, it looks like a fish being hooked, it needs a very strong will of mind and heart to escape from it..you need to force it even if it hurts just to escape from gambling..

I just hope every person has a strong mental will but it is not. Most of the time, addicts has low mental will. They cannot will quiting gambling themselves. They need support from the outside like friends and professionl help. If you are a gambling addict, seek professional help or a support group. Do not be afraid or ashame to admit that you need help. It's a good start if you do.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hashminers

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:57:46 PM

Quitting gambling is very possible but you have to believe in yourself and than its easy in my opinion.
I also stopped with it by just talking to friends and hanging out with them and also in believing in myself.
Ains_sama

Activity: 608
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 03:06:40 AM

Don't deposit at your gamble account. give all your money to your wife.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 03:21:08 AM

It take will power to quit anything. If your heart and mind isnt ready to let it go you will fail. Gotta be ready mentally to move forward.

That's true, if you are addicted already to gambling, it looks like a fish being hooked, it needs a very strong will of mind and heart to escape from it..you need to force it even if it hurts just to escape from gambling..

I just hope every person has a strong mental will but it is not. Most of the time, addicts has low mental will. They cannot will quiting gambling themselves. They need support from the outside like friends and professionl help. If you are a gambling addict, seek professional help or a support group. Do not be afraid or ashame to admit that you need help. It's a good start if you do.

That is definitely right thing to do if you you can't resist your urge to gamble, to seek other peoples help... mostly a gambler denies the fact that he/she is already an addict every time you ask them because they are shy for others to know about it..

No, its not possible, a gambler, I mean an addicted gambler, sometimes loves his vices more than his family, gambling would definitely have a share/budget on your over all income...

bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 04:09:56 AM

Isn't that like another gamble, where you're guaranteed to lose?

If it has turn into an addiction then the only thing that can really help you is yourself and your will power. Nobody can make you quit unless you really want to but if you continue losing then bankruptcy will ultimately make you stop gambling.

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 06:35:05 AM

If it has turn into an addiction then the only thing that can really help you is yourself and your will power. Nobody can make you quit unless you really want to but if you continue losing then bankruptcy will ultimately make you stop gambling.
you're right, experience is the best teacher, maybe you will never stop until you actually lose and go bankrupt in gambling, because I also feel give money to the wife will not stop us from gambling

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
krunox123

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 06:44:19 AM

Probably the hardest decision can be made by a gambler, IMO. If they could not gamble because they do not have any fund to gamble with, most likely they will make a loan which is worse than their gambling addiction.

Life sucks.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:50:41 AM

Probably the hardest decision can be made by a gambler, IMO. If they could not gamble because they do not have any fund to gamble with, most likely they will make a loan which is worse than their gambling addiction.

if the addiction is there, they will find ways to get money, so even with no money, they will end up resort to dirty measures to get hands on it. so it is not about the money but about how to cope with it.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 01:14:36 PM

if the addiction is there, they will find ways to get money, so even with no money, they will end up resort to dirty measures to get hands on it. so it is not about the money but about how to cope with it.
To quit for gambling you must be really smart. And maybe family or friends must tell you that gambling is very bad.
But we all hope that it will stop and that more people will realize that gambling is very bad to do.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 01:25:43 PM

and if we've become addicted to heavy, at least we need someone to help awaken us to not go back to gambling.
back to our core purpose to play gambling. if just having fun its okay it's still reasonable limits.

Yup! I am lessening my bets and getting just a small amount of money to play gambling is better to lessen your spending in gambling, and playing gambling sometimes is a best opportunity you can get from earning bitcoin but sometimes you may loss that is why lessening your bets surely can lessen expenses!
znickelbackz

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:07:41 PM

of course give all money to wife isn't a gamble, what are you saying? and you are not losing your money, wife and husband is one, wife's is husband's and vice versa.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:22:57 PM

Quitting gambling is very possible but you have to believe in yourself and than its easy in my opinion.
I also stopped with it by just talking to friends and hanging out with them and also in believing in myself.
There must be a big accident experienced by the gambler  such as a huge lost causing family problem, one day with that accident you will realize to quit gambling before another bigger problem come. But nobody wants it happened so to quit gambling simply just quit and never come back.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:43:38 PM

There must be a big accident experienced by the gambler  such as a huge lost causing family problem, one day with that accident you will realize to quit gambling before another bigger problem come. But nobody wants it happened so to quit gambling simply just quit and never come back.
I think this is possible but you cannot just make a big problem right, they already need to realize it faster.
In my opinion these people just need to talk about it with relatives.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:31:41 AM

I think this is possible but you cannot just make a big problem right, they already need to realize it faster.
In my opinion these people just need to talk about it with relatives.
true, gamble must realize faster before its happened then stop it now to people who want to quit, some people might won't tell about their gambling habit to anybody so its a little bit hard to talk & share if you are include this kind of gambler. i personally not yet want to quit gamble because so far i still have fun with my current gambling stats and grab a little profit.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 09:28:26 AM

set your computer not visit site which contains gambling,in that case you can surf the net free without thinking that you will enter to gambling again....gambling is not a drug its a hobby, Grin Grin Grin

I like your suggestion !  Grin But an gambler cannot do this ever. Gambler is really addicted to gambling. Every person have interest in many things. So if we have to quit gambling for food, we should use internet less. Pay attention to different activities than bitcoin gambling. May it effects a gambler !  Smiley

your comment sounds really weird with mentioning quit gambling for food, and then i realize it's a miss-typo of this topic quit gambling for good.
You have to control yourself and that is the most important. You should also now that it is really bad to do and that it is wasted money.
If you will realize than you will quite I think. And maybe your friends and family told you also that gambling is very bad.
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 10:02:09 AM

set your computer not visit site which contains gambling,in that case you can surf the net free without thinking that you will enter to gambling again....gambling is not a drug its a hobby, Grin Grin Grin

I like your suggestion !  Grin But an gambler cannot do this ever. Gambler is really addicted to gambling. Every person have interest in many things. So if we have to quit gambling for food, we should use internet less. Pay attention to different activities than bitcoin gambling. May it effects a gambler !  Smiley

your comment sounds really weird with mentioning quit gambling for food, and then i realize it's a miss-typo of this topic quit gambling for good.
You have to control yourself and that is the most important. You should also now that it is really bad to do and that it is wasted money.
If you will realize than you will quite I think. And maybe your friends and family told you also that gambling is very bad.

You are right, controlling yourself is one of the most important things you can do to stop for sure.
Of course it would not be easy to do this but its possible for sure and if you go for it you can definitely do it.
bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 10:08:39 AM

The best thing is indeed to find some distraction that is the best option that you have, do thing that you like to do.
And that will be also much cheaper and that is good. Go out with your friends or family or something.

bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 11:09:41 AM

The best thing is indeed to find some distraction that is the best option that you have, do thing that you like to do.
And that will be also much cheaper and that is good. Go out with your friends or family or something.

To quit gambling for good you must be smart and know that gambling is very bad to do and that it is not good to do.
And that is the most important if you are knowing that. Than you will maybe stop it.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 11:42:00 AM

To quit gambling for good you must be smart and know that gambling is very bad to do and that it is not good to do.
And that is the most important if you are knowing that. Than you will maybe stop it.

From the start Before you start in gambling you should know that it is already bad that will be the smartest way to start in it and because of that knowledge even if you gamble you will just spend a small amount when you play I think that is the smartest way to do it.
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 12:33:42 PM

yeah and you can consult with your parents about gambling addiction. Some parents provide feedback, which is very influential. vacation with family and friends can also forget you on gambling Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: