Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:30:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver  (Read 77021 times)
Raistilin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 04:40:55 PM

The last thread does say to start a new one, so most people should look, but i personally had issues finding this one since title doesnt say silkcoin, just silk, found it after searching for darksilk instead.

Andeze17

Activity: 650
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:07:22 PM

Yeah its a bit confusing.
ttoroie

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:03:32 AM

The last thread does say to start a new one, so most people should look, but i personally had issues finding this one since title doesnt say silkcoin, just silk, found it after searching for darksilk instead.

Yeah!
I couldn't edit my post on the last page of the old thread cause it's blocked
The only useful thing I could do was to edit my signature and add the link for this
but I guess it doesn't help too much

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SEQ: SSeQKtFR5zpqzLYozGRstXCcuaBjdMW3EU DYN: D5KWKzdhRz2yShwjkwX1Co51NBkNtGLuaz
traK4Ubitl

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 04:28:03 AM

yeh because this thread is not dedicated to silkcoin.  Silkcoin is only used to launch darksilk and the silk network on the backs of the silkcoin fanboys.   fairly apparent  
Yoshinori

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 09:10:45 AM

Yes because this thread is not dedicated to Silkcoin (now to be known as Silk) alone.
Silk can be used to launch Darksilk and the Silk Network on the backs of the Silkcoin Community, which is  fairly apparent . 

There, i added some artificial intelligence to your post.

On a serious note i'll explain this one more time, Silk will be the coin to replace silkcoin, with the difference of proper software and a team of developers building a solid foundation for the rest of the network.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:16:42 PM

It's quite funny to realize how much can do not having the old thread in terms of price support. It seems like if Silk totally disappeared: I wonder wwhat will happen when (and if) this project will have a working website and all the rest of it
 Cool
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:35:24 PM

Why is SILK so low if this is coming?
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 06:53:07 PM

Yes because this thread is not dedicated to Silkcoin (now to be known as Silk) alone.
Silk can be used to launch Darksilk and the Silk Network on the backs of the Silkcoin Community, which is  fairly apparent . 

On a serious note i'll explain this one more time, Silk will be the coin to replace silkcoin, with the difference of proper software and a team of developers building a solid foundation for the rest of the network.

no.  you just changed my post. i bought silkcoin
  there is very little if any development currently being produced to aid the product i invested in. the technical merit if it actually launches is awarded to darksilk.  whereas it appears silk will just be another shitty coin. oh sorrry a shitty coin backed by the mysterious weaver aka sterlingcoins promised cystum.. i womder which community will get the darksilk tech promised here?
gerb

Activity: 468

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 10:17:59 PM

Why is SILK so low if this is coming?

Yes, is coming but there is no date, and it seems that took much time to get here and that delay, perhaps, drained the value. I hope soon next week™ we can get news.
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 02:08:30 AM

there is very little if any development currently being produced to aid the product i invested in. the technical merit if it actually launches is awarded to darksilk.  whereas it appears silk will just be another shitty coin. oh sorrry a shitty coin backed by the mysterious weaver aka sterlingcoins promised cystum.. i womder which community will get the darksilk tech promised here?

You'll be the one to sell at a loss the day before the release.  Then we'll really see some FUD come out of your posts.  Until then, I'll be here waiting for it as the posts of nonsense continue from your mouth.  Sorry you bought in at the high... You knew it wasn't released yet when you bought in....

traK4Ubitl

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 03:32:45 AM

You'll be the one to sell at a loss the day before the release.  Then we'll really see some FUD come out of your posts.  Until then, I'll be here waiting for it as the posts of nonsense continue from your mouth.  Sorry you bought in at the high... You knew it wasn't released yet when you bought in....

you do realize.. as the way this seems to be setup.. is for silkcoin to all be dumped.. to buy darksilk through this weaver.  why would anyone keep silk if darksilk is the superior coin?
  you know what will happen to every single silk dumped on the weaver to buy darksilk? it will be dumped for btc in mass completely destroying silk and launching darksilk on all your bagholders dimes.. im not sure how this is fud..  its right there in front of everyone but im the only one that can see it?

what release are you talking about? darksilk? or the reasonably shitty nothing special Silk to replace silkcoin? these guys still havent been able to release even a simple info site.. yet are paying for servers to sit there doing nothing? this all makes less and less sense from any perspective. 
gerb

Activity: 468

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 03:43:34 AM

you do realize.. as the way this seems to be setup.. is for silkcoin to all be dumped.. to buy darksilk through this weaver.  why would anyone keep silk if darksilk is the superior coin?
  you know what will happen to every single silk dumped on the weaver to buy darksilk? it will be dumped for btc in mass completely destroying silk and launching darksilk on all your bagholders dimes.. im not sure how this is fud..  its right there in front of everyone but im the only one that can see it?

what release are you talking about? darksilk? or the reasonably shitty nothing special Silk to replace silkcoin? these guys still havent been able to release even a simple info site.. yet are paying for servers to sit there doing nothing? this all makes less and less sense from any perspective. 

For what I understand there will be a conversions 1:1 but will be only exchanged in weaver. Thoughts?
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 04:38:45 AM

For what I understand there will be a conversions 1:1 but will be only exchanged in weaver. Thoughts?

yeh what i assumed.   was 1:1 silkcoin to darksilk.  heard this so bought some.  found out it was 1:1 silkcoin to silk with a time frame that hasnt been decided.  might be 30 days might be infinte who knows.  silkcoin (what we hold) will be technologically inferior to darksilk.  but you can happily dump all your silk on the weaver of course at a fee to recieve darksilk.   (the technologically superior coin that may be launched in the next couple years)  in the meantime we are waiting for a fairly shitty version of silk to replace our current silkcoins.   simple eh?
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:21:47 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2016, 10:04:32 AM by Orestes

snip...

yeh what i assumed.   was 1:1 silkcoin to darksilk.  heard this so bought some.  found out it was 1:1 silkcoin to silk with a time frame that hasnt been decided.  might be 30 days might be infinte who knows.  silkcoin (what we hold) will be technologically inferior to darksilk.  but you can happily dump all your silk on the weaver of course at a fee to recieve darksilk.   (the technologically superior coin that may be launched in the next couple years)  in the meantime we are waiting for a fairly shitty version of silk to replace our current silkcoins.   simple eh?

You misinterpret the value of Silk by looking at it from a technological standpoint. In your mind technology is king, and at face value this seems to be true but its not. The Silk Network will have two legs of equal strength to stand on. Silk is an integral part of the Silk Network, without it the Network is incomplete. Even if all the technological updates would rest on DarkSilk this would not diminish the importance of Silk one bit, in actuality it would hamper the Network's momemtum as a whole by diluting its focal point [DarkSilk].

Unfortunately we cannot disclose the why's and how's of Silk's importance, we can only kindly ask to not judge Silk by its technological cover. I understand that this leaves the public with nothing to go on but that's just the way it is for now. Don't judge, period. As a holder of Silk I can say that I won't be switching my stack to DarkSilk, and if it gets dumped as you say it will I will be buying more.
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 02:21:24 PM

snip...

yeh what i assumed.   was 1:1 silkcoin to darksilk.  heard this so bought some.  found out it was 1:1 silkcoin to silk with a time frame that hasnt been decided.  might be 30 days might be infinte who knows.  silkcoin (what we hold) will be technologically inferior to darksilk.  but you can happily dump all your silk on the weaver of course at a fee to recieve darksilk.   (the technologically superior coin that may be launched in the next couple years)  in the meantime we are waiting for a fairly shitty version of silk to replace our current silkcoins.   simple eh?

You misinterpret the value of Silk by looking at it from a technological standpoint. In your mind technology is king, and at face value this seems to be true but its not. The Silk Network will have two legs of equal strength to stand on. Silk is an integral part of the Silk Network, without it the Network is incomplete. Even if all the technological updates would rest on DarkSilk this would not diminish the importance of Silk one bit, in actuality it would hamper the Network's momemtum as a whole by diluting its focal point [DarkSilk].

Unfortunately we cannot disclose the why's and how's of Silk's importance, we can only kindly ask to not judge Silk by its technological cover. I understand that this leaves the public with nothing to go on but that's just the way it is for now. Don't judge, period. As a holder of Silk I can say that I won't be switching my stack to DarkSilk, and if it gets dumped as you say it will I will be buying more.

not sure if you know how a multipool works... only thing here i can see that could possibly raise value.. but basically the silk paid out to miners that raises value (as coins are bought on exhchange) will not equal the behemoth difference of silk dumps to buy darksilk.  because yes.  this is cryptocurrebcy.  technology is king.

fhe developers are making silk worthless.  theyve literally said it will be silver to darksilk as gold.   that literally means it will have lesser value and the market will be flooded with cheap silk dumped on the weaver.. i think the wool is pulled over your eyes friend. 
Orestes

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 02:32:01 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2016, 02:51:50 PM by Orestes

snip..

not sure if you know how a multipool works... only thing here i can see that could possibly raise value.. but basically the silk paid out to miners that raises value (as coins are bought on exhchange) will not equal the behemoth difference of silk dumps to buy darksilk.  because yes.  this is cryptocurrebcy.  technology is king.

fhe developers are making silk worthless.  theyve literally said it will be silver to darksilk as gold.   that literally means it will have lesser value and the market will be flooded with cheap silk dumped on the weaver.. i think the wool is pulled over your eyes friend.  

You are right Silk mining pool payment will not equal the behemoth difference in price but it will refresh coins in circulation, as flowing water never grows stale.

There needs to be a bit of liquidity on the Silk market to allow for what we have in store for it. Right now the price impact on Silk is very high because of its low price and low ask-quantities, we need to reduce this over a certain period of time by increasing price and/or ask-quantities aka sell pressure.
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 03:01:07 PM

snip..

not sure if you know how a multipool works... only thing here i can see that could possibly raise value.. but basically the silk paid out to miners that raises value (as coins are bought on exhchange) will not equal the behemoth difference of silk dumps to buy darksilk.  because yes.  this is cryptocurrebcy.  technology is king.

fhe developers are making silk worthless.  theyve literally said it will be silver to darksilk as gold.   that literally means it will have lesser value and the market will be flooded with cheap silk dumped on the weaver.. i think the wool is pulled over your eyes friend.  

You are right Silk mining pool payment will not equal the behemoth difference in price but it will refresh coins in circulation, as flowing water never grows stale.

There needs to be a bit of liquidity on the Silk market to allow for what we have in store for it. Right now the price impact on Silk is very high because of its low price and low ask-quantities, we need to reduce this over a certain period of time by increasing price and/or ask-quantities aka sell pressure.

yes..  but of course.. who owns all the silk? id like to guess that this thread owns 50% or more.. so why would you want to drop the price? why would not silkcoin be the superior coin??the only thing that makes sense here is for the corporation to make money off all of you dumping your coins on the weaver (which who knows when will be launched) to profit the transaction fees on your broken dreams to be early adopters of darksilk (which who knows when will be launched)
Orestes

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 03:15:35 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2016, 03:52:47 PM by Orestes

snip...

yes..  but of course.. who owns all the silk? id like to guess that this thread owns 50% or more.. so why would you want to drop the price? why would not silkcoin be the superior coin??the only thing that makes sense here is for the corporation to make money off all of you dumping your coins on the weaver (which who knows when will be launched) to profit the transaction fees on your broken dreams to be early adopters of darksilk (which who knows when will be launched)

I understand what you are saying. And it was hard to see true merit in Silk in favor of just swapping to one new coin and discarding the old (and its community). Confirmation bias being the worst depending which side you were on. On one hand you have all the investors of 2014 which you dont want to let down, on the other hand you have the hopes and ambitions that could be realised by launching a new, single/solitary coin (ratio 1 to x).

In the end we found a solution, without compromise, that brought two coins together in one system both independent from eachother but still influencing eachother. Again I cant get into too much detail, but what I can say is that Silk is treated with the utmost of care. For this very reason it was also decided that a swap from old.silkcoin to new Silk would secure developmental control.

In 2014 i think it was that I spoke with Arteleis and we were brainstorming about logo's for the coins. Ideas that we had then are still here today. To have a phoenix as an emblem for Silk was not by coincidence, it takes some faith but eventually a phoenix will rise from its own ashes...

Also its price impact that should decrease for Silk, not price. Right now 1 BTC would create a price increase of 20%. What if I wanted to transact $ 20,000.- this would be unacceptable. Either the price should be much higher or everyone should put on a sell order. No we need steady growth to allow such volumes to be traded. First we need coins to circulate, then we need higher volumes to have lower price impact. We can then address market cap to come into the same area as DarkSilk which by then would have a head start based on its technological superiority. How we will do this is a trade secret.
ttoroie

Activity: 404

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 07:12:13 PM

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SEQ: SSeQKtFR5zpqzLYozGRstXCcuaBjdMW3EU DYN: D5KWKzdhRz2yShwjkwX1Co51NBkNtGLuaz
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 10:06:38 AM

20% up. Not bad. Should go up further with the updates.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: