Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:53:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver  (Read 77021 times)
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 01:41:29 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2016, 07:40:22 PM by drizzle2405

I believe the price reflection is due to the recent surge in BTC.  Give it time, it will come back.

EDIT:  I mean it only went up $100 in 2 days...  Ridic

traK4Ubitl

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:41:39 AM

Vaporware? Sort your life out dude.

You also didn't specify what block explorer you wanted, all you said was "No block explorer?  Why no block explorer?".

Now considering this is the PRE-ANN/DISCUSSION thread for Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver why would we think you were referencing Silkcoin?

We are not the Silkcoin developers.

None of us are working on the Silkcoin wallet nor further developing platforms or services for it.

We are working on Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver.

Well you said it.  Silkcoin is dead.  You're just using Silkcoin to piggyback your project.  Nice work.
Maybe that s what the price drop is.. people finally giving up knowing that youre not developing the dream that fed your project to date.   It was Silkcoin.  What I bought, what all these people bought.  My original point I made.   Good for you to finally come clean.

And why in God's name would I ask for a block explorer for a nonexistent and not traded coin??
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:45:48 AM

The price held steady for a long time: now it has eventually gone back to a more "natural" one. This gives more people the chance to jump in before it is too late.

It will never be too late.  This project will never complete and has nothing to do with Silkcoin anyways.
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:57:51 AM

Hi, this is a crowdsale ?  can I get the timing please?

I think Darksilk will have a crowdsale. Silk will have a 1:1 swap (you will need to use Poleniz)without a no fee and unlimited time to swap.

Sorry, the timing for the crowdsale and release dates are unknown.  Our team consists of mostly part time developers/engineers that get paid little to nothing.

Have you considered starting the crowdsale before completely finishing Darksilk and Weaver? There aren't many other crowdsales done this way (creating the finished product first). It'd give you guys some funds and might speed things up a bit.

Spencer is leading this project so we need to defer to him regarding the crowdsale.  I would agree that would make sense and might speed things up.  I would also invest BTC in a Silk Network crowdsale if I could.

I personally can not accept any monetary funds due to a contractual obligation with my new employer.  I was cleared to work on the Silk Network and other open source projects but not for reimbursement.  I suppose my employer might accept funds on contract but they charge $200 per hour for me.  We have other C++ programmers but they too are expensive ($100-175) and we try to focus on clinical informatics software.

Great.  No block explorer and now priming the community for a crowd sale for vaporware.. cmon guys

"vaporware"  Roll Eyes  Give it up, it seems to be about 90% done and hardly any crowdsales start with the product that close to completion.

The block explorer used to be at http://silkexplorer.silknetwork.org

Well the block explorer has vaporized.   So no explorer for Silkcoin? Talks about icos? How do we even know if the current chain has forked? No support for Silkcoin? What a joke
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 08:58:00 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2016, 09:08:59 AM by SLievensDRKSLK

You also didn't specify what block explorer you wanted, all you said was "No block explorer?  Why no block explorer?".

Now considering this is the PRE-ANN/DISCUSSION thread for Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver why would we think you were referencing Silkcoin?

None of us are working on the Silkcoin wallet nor further developing platforms or services for it.

Well you said it.  Silkcoin is dead.  You're just using Silkcoin to piggyback your project.  Nice work.
Maybe that s what the price drop is.. people finally giving up knowing that youre not developing the dream that fed your project to date.   It was Silkcoin.  What I bought, what all these people bought.  My original point I made.   Good for you to finally come clean.

And why in God's name would I ask for a block explorer for a nonexistent and not traded coin??

You sir are a joke. Please quote where I said Silkcoin is dead.

I have to admit that 80% of the time I refresh this thread, it is to see if you have posted anything I can drink a coffee to and laugh at. You are pure entertainment.

Everyone knows we are working hard and no one is supporting what you say.

I suggest you make some dummy/sock puppet accounts to back up and support your original account lololololol

I know I shouldn't incite the troll, but damn, weeks of listening to his shit and not saying anything, it's about bloody time I said something.
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 09:23:32 AM

It is quite obvious you want us to launch, but what do you want us to launch? An unfinished product which hasn't had testing in the real world?

Why not, instead of this aggressive, sarcastic, unproductive method where all you gain are enemies and haters, try a more polite approach and actually state what it is you want to know and what you would like to see.

I really do not understand your behaviour, it is like a spoilt child at Christmas waiting for his presents.
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 10:14:08 AM

It is quite obvious you want us to launch, but what do you want us to launch? An unfinished product which hasn't had testing in the real world?

Why not, instead of this aggressive, sarcastic, unproductive method where all you gain are enemies and haters, try a more polite approach and actually state what it is you want to know and what you would like to see.

I really do not understand your behaviour, it is like a spoilt child at Christmas waiting for his presents.

I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't start outright trolling too now as that seems to be the only surefire way to get a response.

Have you considered starting the crowdsale before completely finishing Darksilk and Weaver? There aren't many other crowdsales done this way (creating the finished product first). It'd give you guys some funds and might speed things up a bit.

Is it something you've considered? With the halvening almost upon us there's a good chance bitcoin's price will continue to increase in the short-term so starting the crowdfunding sooner might give you more funds for the long term.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
Semedisenape

Activity: 195

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:16:52 AM

Where is the developer?
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 10:55:17 AM

I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't start outright trolling too now as that seems to be the only surefire way to get a response.

Is it something you've considered? With the halvening almost upon us there's a good chance bitcoin's price will continue to increase in the short-term so starting the crowdfunding sooner might give you more funds for the long term.

I apologise, the crowdfunding options have been looked at and are now in the process of being drawn up by Gregory Betz (quantumgravity). I will have a meeting with him this evening and go over the options and also look to pubishing some information on the forthcoming crowdsale here as soon as possible Wink
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 10:56:05 AM

Where is the developer?

There isn't just one developer, we are a team. Just ask whatever you wish to ask and either a member of the community, development team or someone else will answer Wink
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 03:03:12 PM

Silkcoin being dead is inferred here. How about a block explorer your hard working greatness?
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 03:04:20 PM

Where is the developer?

As just posted.  There is no developer for Silkcoin nor is there a thread for Silkcoin.
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 03:33:29 PM

I apologise, the crowdfunding options have been looked at and are now in the process of being drawn up by Gregory Betz (quantumgravity). I will have a meeting with him this evening and go over the options and also look to pubishing some information on the forthcoming crowdsale here as soon as possible Wink

I really hope nobody is considering a crowd sale for a project previously promised to sterlingcoin (not delivered) then promised to Silkcoin (not delivered) and now claiming no responsibility for Silkcoin... please correct me if in wrong.. isn't this all about Silkcoin? Or have I entered some strange parallel universe..  starting to look like a cash grab for unlimited development time.. If it's been years already, and this isn't a new coin coded from scratch.. with a team of 5 developers?? That can't seem to produce e even a website or a block explorer for the coin being sold on poloniex despite spending more time arguing with the facts then actually developing solutions.. red flags popping up folks.  More and more of them. 
CryptoVote

Activity: 229

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 03:39:02 PM

I really hope nobody is considering a crowd sale for a project previously promised to sterlingcoin (not delivered) then promised to Silkcoin (not delivered) and now claiming no responsibility for Silkcoin... please correct me if in wrong.. isn't this all about Silkcoin? Or have I entered some strange parallel universe..  starting to look like a cash grab for unlimited development time.. If it's been years already, and this isn't a new coin coded from scratch.. with a team of 5 developers?? That can't seem to produce e even a website or a block explorer for the coin being sold on poloniex despite spending more time arguing with the facts then actually developing solutions.. red flags popping up folks.  More and more of them.  

@traK4Ubitl, you have a point about a block explorer for the current silkcoin.  I have noticed that you point out problems but you never offer any solutions or contribute.  You can invest in a BE by paying cryptoid.info or some other service but instead you ask those already investing time and money while you will find something else to complain about.  Not once have you offered to help or invest, just more criticisms.  

traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:18:26 PM

I really hope nobody is considering a crowd sale for a project previously promised to sterlingcoin (not delivered) then promised to Silkcoin (not delivered) and now claiming no responsibility for Silkcoin... please correct me if in wrong.. isn't this all about Silkcoin? Or have I entered some strange parallel universe..  starting to look like a cash grab for unlimited development time.. If it's been years already, and this isn't a new coin coded from scratch.. with a team of 5 developers?? That can't seem to produce e even a website or a block explorer for the coin being sold on poloniex despite spending more time arguing with the facts then actually developing solutions.. red flags popping up folks.  More and more of them.  

@traK4Ubitl, you have a point about a block explorer for the current silkcoin.  I have noticed that you point out problems but you never offer any solutions or contribute.  You can invest in a BE by paying cryptoid.info or some other service but instead you ask those already investing time and money while you will find something else to complain about.  Not once have you offered to help or invest, just more criticisms.  

I've been called a joke an idiot a troll.. and now you want me to pay for a block explorer when there is a team of 5 developers?? Devs can't make a freaking block explorer? And now talking about crowd funding?? Good god man
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 05:23:56 PM

Lol I don't know how much cheap Silkcoin you're trying to accumulate but I'm starting to admire all the effort you're putting in.   Cheesy

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 05:38:51 PM

Lol I don't know how much cheap Silkcoin you're trying to accumulate but I'm starting to admire all the effort you're putting in.   Cheesy

Dude are you not reading the same things I'm reading?
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 05:56:36 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2016, 06:16:14 PM by SLievensDRKSLK

I have messaged Matthew to get a Silkcoin explorer back up, we had one up before, but kept having to reindex it which took up time that Matthew didn't have whilst he was working on Weaver.

Why do you keep saying that Weaver was meant for Sterlingcoin? It wasn't. What was going to be built for Sterlingcoin is a Multipool. How, about you start making a Multipool from scratch using MPOS and we will see how far you get on your own in the same time that Matthew Langdon has been working on it, let alone a platform like Weaver.

You have no idea about development, nor what is involved, who are you to criticise either the work done, or time taken.

Once the product is released, fine, criticise, we will take it constructively and further improve DarkSilk, Silk and Weaver.
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 06:51:51 PM

I have messaged Matthew to get a Silkcoin explorer back up, we had one up before, but kept having to reindex it which took up time that Matthew didn't have whilst he was working on Weaver.

Why do you keep saying that Weaver was meant for Sterlingcoin? It wasn't. What was going to be built for Sterlingcoin is a Multipool. How, about you start making a Multipool from scratch using MPOS and we will see how far you get on your own in the same time that Matthew Langdon has been working on it, let alone a platform like Weaver.

You have no idea about development, nor what is involved, who are you to criticise either the work done, or time taken.

Once the product is released, fine, criticise, we will take it constructively and further improve DarkSilk, Silk and Weaver.

Are you bipolar?

Great.   See if you're amazing dev team can build a block explorer.  Edit: for Silkcoin.   Which as you've stated are not a developer for. Like loony toons around here.   One day I'll take the time to post sequentially all your bi polar or whatever the hell your posts are about

Re: Weaver = cystum , as read about by pissed off community members in the sterling thread.. Looks quite similar to what you're talking about.

Why do you keep asking me to develop shit?  I'm an investor not a developer.  What do you do?  Are you asking me to take over the development of Silkcoin?

SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 06:57:59 PM

Are you bipolar?

Great.   See if you're amazing dev team can build a block explorer.  Edit: for Silkcoin.   Which as you've stated are not a developer for. Like loony toons around here.   One day I'll take the time to post sequentially all your bi polar or whatever the hell your posts are about

Re: Weaver = cystum , as read about by pissed off community members in the sterling thread.. Looks quite similar to what you're talking about.

Why do you keep asking me to develop shit?  I'm an investor not a developer.  What do you do?  Are you asking me to take over the development of Silkcoin?

I am not Bipolar.

I get annoyed and pissed off with the comments and insinuations you make and I respond as any normal human being would initially, however, each time in retrospect which is normally within minutes I realise that maybe, just maybe, if I talk to you like a normal human being and not the troll that we are all to quick to call you out as, then you might stop attacking the development team and the work being done.

Cystum, if you want to call it by its complete name was, the Cystum Multipool. Matthew Langdon is the lead developer of Sterlingcoin and has said to me that once Weaver launches the Cystum multipool will also be done as well. Building a multipool from scratch, on your own is not an easy feat to say the least, not to mention he also has worked on Weaver alone.

I am fed up of visiting this thread to just see critcism about what we say or do, when we all work for nothing and put in a lot of our free time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: