Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 01:58:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver  (Read 77022 times)
traK4Ubitl

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 09:38:25 PM

Vaporware? Sort your life out dude.

You also didn't specify what block explorer you wanted, all you said was "No block explorer?  Why no block explorer?".

Now considering this is the PRE-ANN/DISCUSSION thread for Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver why would we think you were referencing Silkcoin?

We are not the Silkcoin developers.

None of us are working on the Silkcoin wallet nor further developing platforms or services for it.

We are working on Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver.

I'm fed up too.   Feeling is mutual. Who is the developer for Silkcoin?
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 09:47:55 PM

You also didn't specify what block explorer you wanted, all you said was "No block explorer?  Why no block explorer?".

Now considering this is the PRE-ANN/DISCUSSION thread for Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver why would we think you were referencing Silkcoin?

None of us are working on the Silkcoin wallet nor further developing platforms or services for it.

I'm fed up too.   Feeling is mutual. Who is the developer for Silkcoin?

I do not know who the original developer for Silkcoin was.

I do know that there is no current development team and we have effectively taken over that role, but instead of developing the current Silkcoin wallet, we are relaunching it instead, as you know.
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:04:59 PM

I'm fed up too.   Feeling is mutual. Who is the developer for Silkcoin?

I do not know who the original developer for Silkcoin was.

I do know that there is no current development team and we have effectively taken over that role, but instead of developing the current Silkcoin wallet, we are relaunching it instead, as you know.

Word games bro.   So you're the developer for Silkcoin?  All I asked for is a freaking block explorer and an info site    initially I asked about the swap from silk to darksilj, you said that wasn't gonna happen.. then said it would be silk to slk, have said multiple times soon to be launched, said youll never post here again and of course post here again, your the Silkcoin dev when it suits and not the Silkcoin dev when it doesn't suit ya.. and I'm the scapegoat Everytime. 

Sure I'm human. Just getting the run around while calling out all the red flags..  I'm glad you find me and everyone elses investment questions amusing, but for me (can't speak for anyone else) it is beyond frustrating.  So as you've mentioned multiple times the current codebase is shit, and the client is shit, so I'm thinking you probably should have a block explorer like every coin that's worth one nut in the world has.. even freaking most yobit coins have a block explorer; to insure nobody is on a fork and the coin is fit for trading and transactions.   No explorer = dead coin.

Maybe focus on the task at hand instead of leap years into the uncertain future with your head held high as an elitist.  Remember why you are here..  it's called Silkcoin bro. That's what exists now. Silkcoin. Remember?
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:44:14 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2016, 11:13:30 PM by Orestes

Word games bro.   So you're the developer for Silkcoin?  All I asked for is a freaking block explorer and an info site    initially I asked about the swap from silk to darksilj, you said that wasn't gonna happen.. then said it would be silk to slk, have said multiple times soon to be launched, said youll never post here again and of course post here again, your the Silkcoin dev when it suits and not the Silkcoin dev when it doesn't suit ya.. and I'm the scapegoat Everytime.  
Spencer is the developer for the Silk platform no question there and Silk will be a coin of great importance to the future of the project, it will not just be all about DarkSilk.
The when it´s done stage is annoying for those that want to see something, we can all understand that. But it won't end any sooner by bugging those that are responsible for it.

Also why do you need this info site so bad? Everything you want to know could be asked for right here, yet you keep demanding an info site... So you want to see stylized but regurgitated info on a web-address? But why?

More information will be available once the developers are more confident in specifying release dates.

Sure I'm human. Just getting the run around while calling out all the red flags..  I'm glad you find me and everyone elses investment questions amusing, but for me (can't speak for anyone else) it is beyond frustrating.
Frustrating or not your investment choice is to show support with your wallet, no to turn on it an bash it. Any serious conversation you've denied. Your only aim has been to troll and post slander under the pretense of showing false flags to those few reading these pages. If you really wanted to protect investment or be comforted in your decision you would have chosen for friendlier form of communication.

So as you've mentioned multiple times the current codebase is shit, and the client is shit, so I'm thinking you probably should have a block explorer like every coin that's worth one nut in the world has.. even freaking most yobit coins have a block explorer; to insure nobody is on a fork and the coin is fit for trading and transactions.   No explorer = dead coin.
I think spencer has answered you here already.

Maybe focus on the task at hand instead of leap years into the uncertain future with your head held high as an elitist.  Remember why you are here..  it's called Silkcoin bro. That's what exists now. Silkcoin. Remember?
Leaping years into the uncertain future is my job the task at hand is for Spencer and asking the devs around him he's doing a fine job at that. Knowing Spencer personally i know he puts his hours in.
Vaxa

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:52:05 PM

It's pre-ann only but so much fud already.

traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 11:09:49 PM

A coin traded on poloniex with no block explorer and a developer who claims not to be developing that coin... is not FUD.   Its ludicrous.
Orestes

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 11:18:51 PM

A coin traded on poloniex with no block explorer and a developer who claims not to be developing that coin... is not FUD.   Its ludicrous.

The Silkcoin traded on poloniex is a legacy coin, technically it has nothing to do with this project. Spencer is working on Silk and DarkSilk, two new coins one being the successor of Silkcoin for which a swap will take place. The other a new coin with new tech.

Both being vital for the goals that we want to see realized within this project.

Silk will be released one month prior to the release of DarkSilk which is under development. Its release is termed 'when it's done', we understand that the term vaporware comes along with it. But the whole idea is to not have more pressure on the development than is needed. Putting them under pressure by trolling seriously takes fun out of the proces.

Once the developer are in unanimous agreement that they are able to put a date on the product you will have it. But before then they will not be forced to make an empty promise. It is not your job to figure it out regardless if their situation. Once they push the information that they´re ready you´ll be able to read it here first.

So keep calm and enjoy the low prices on Silkcoin.
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 01:26:36 AM

A coin traded on poloniex with no block explorer and a developer who claims not to be developing that coin... is not FUD.   Its ludicrous.

The Silkcoin traded on poloniex is a legacy coin, technically it has nothing to do with this project. Spencer is working on Silk and DarkSilk, two new coins one being the successor of Silkcoin for which a swap will take place. The other a new coin with new tech.

Both being vital for the goals that we want to see realized within this project.

Silk will be released one month prior to the release of DarkSilk which is under development. Its release is termed 'when it's done', we understand that the term vaporware comes along with it. But the whole idea is to not have more pressure on the development than is needed. Putting them under pressure by trolling seriously takes fun out of the proces.

Once the developer are in unanimous agreement that they are able to put a date on the product you will have it. But before then they will not be forced to make an empty promise. It is not your job to figure it out regardless if their situation. Once they push the information that they´re ready you´ll be able to read it here first.

So keep calm and enjoy the low prices on Silkcoin.

nice wordsmithing.

translation.   silkcoin is being used to piggyback this project.

why you guys keep saying im bitching about release date.   ive said literally i dont think it will actually be launched and when it does will have nothing to do with the coin everyone 'thought' they were buying.

who is the developer of silkcoin?
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 01:33:38 AM

if there is no active developer and no block explorer silkcoin should NOT be traded.  this puts everyones investment on poloniex at risk
quantumgravity

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 01:56:35 AM

Great.  No block explorer and now priming the community for a crowd sale for vaporware.. cmon guys

traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 02:06:23 AM

right.  now funny picturea - redirect - my questions are about a 'legacy' coin.. silkcoin doesnt exist bro! laugh at themonkey.   the camel marches on next?
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 02:07:22 AM

Solero

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 07:26:17 AM

Trak... What do you want to accomplish? Let's just be honest now. You are frustrated, but why? I assume you are invested in the project right? Otherwise you couldn't be bothered to return to this forum and try to attack the developers their work in all possible ways you can think of at that moment.

You mentioned an apoligy as well. You want the developers of the new silk/weaver/darksilk to apologize and 'admit' they are scamming the community and that all your red flags are true indications of that?

Is it that you want to make the community better, by pointing out situations that need updates or improvement and feel that an aggressive style is the best way to get through to the developers?

Do you just want to blow off steam and enjoy getting all the (negative) attention? (I can't imagine, but your behavior is truly unclear to me)

I'm not even gonna say that you want a lower price to buy in for, because I don't believe that is your true intention. You are too frustrated to think of this as one big joke or investmentstrategy.
-----------
Because treating your questions with facts doesn't seem to satisfy you or will take you to look for other things you think are not ok. Or you will get back to a previous argument like a website or whatever.

Treating your frustrations with frustrations of our own will lead to straight up FUD-like behavior where rational thinking is clearly not an obstacle anymore.
------------
I love that you keep everybody sharp, but your way of communicating and the intentions it seems to have are pretty dark. Do you care to enlighten me?
Orestes

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 07:31:26 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2016, 07:42:27 AM by Orestes

nice wordsmithing.

translation.   silkcoin is being used to piggyback this project.

why you guys keep saying im bitching about release date.   ive said literally i dont think it will actually be launched and when it does will have nothing to do with the coin everyone 'thought' they were buying.

Silkcoin was released in may 2014 after a price surge the original developer left the community holding bags. It was by and through the community that Silk and DarkSilk were initiated. It was opted not to just disregard these investors but to safeguard their investments by making use of a swap.

Although the technological progresses are mostly developed for DarkSilk and the Weaver, Silk will have its place. There have been ideas for the platform using two coins for quite some time making sure that Silk truly is worth the effort. Because Silk is the rightful successor of Silkcoin due to its roots and the fact that it will be swapped through this project, it is desirable te keep Silkcoin tradable. Practical reasons like coin distribution also play the part.

Again there is no developer for the old Silkcoin he bailed! But the ideas/ideals behind the original project are safeguarded and built upon. The Silk Network and its core products including DarkSilk, Silk & Weaver are headed by Spencer who is assisted by CryptoVote, quantumgravity and matthew. There are a few others that are involved as well they are are not as tightly committed as these gentlemen.

Long story short: It is because we don´t want to keep investors hanging that we continue to support Silkcoin, and not as you suggest fleece them.
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 01:08:09 PM

nice wordsmithing.

translation.   silkcoin is being used to piggyback this project.

why you guys keep saying im bitching about release date.   ive said literally i dont think it will actually be launched and when it does will have nothing to do with the coin everyone 'thought' they were buying.

Silkcoin was released in may 2014 after a price surge the original developer left the community holding bags. It was by and through the community that Silk and DarkSilk were initiated. It was opted not to just disregard these investors but to safeguard their investments by making use of a swap.

Although the technological progresses are mostly developed for DarkSilk and the Weaver, Silk will have its place. There have been ideas for the platform using two coins for quite some time making sure that Silk truly is worth the effort. Because Silk is the rightful successor of Silkcoin due to its roots and the fact that it will be swapped through this project, it is desirable te keep Silkcoin tradable. Practical reasons like coin distribution also play the part.

Again there is no developer for the old Silkcoin he bailed! But the ideas/ideals behind the original project are safeguarded and built upon. The Silk Network and its core products including DarkSilk, Silk & Weaver are headed by Spencer who is assisted by CryptoVote, quantumgravity and matthew. There are a few others that are involved as well they are are not as tightly committed as these gentlemen.

Long story short: It is because we don´t want to keep investors hanging that we continue to support Silkcoin, and not as you suggest fleece them.

Jesus Christ,

Who maintains the coin being traded on poloniex? Nobody? I'm not asking for a poem.  Who maintains the coin Silkcoin? The one being traded NOW?

Who is the current developer of Silkcoin? Where is the block explorer for Silkcoin?   No poems.  Give me a straight up answer. What is wrong with you freaking weirdos I'm asking straight forward questions for Christ's sakes. 

Orestes

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 01:44:41 PM

Jesus Christ,

Who maintains the coin being traded on poloniex? Nobody? I'm not asking for a poem.  Who maintains the coin Silkcoin? The one being traded NOW?

Who is the current developer of Silkcoin? Where is the block explorer for Silkcoin?   No poems.  Give me a straight up answer. What is wrong with you freaking weirdos I'm asking straight forward questions for Christ's sakes.  

Jesus Christ where is your reading comprehension. The is no developer for the current Silkcoin, all will be transported to Silk. Silkcoin just a legacy blockchain, it is crucified. There was a blockexplorer on cryptoid.info but expired, there was a blockexplorer on silkexplorer.silknetwork.org this was posted before.

Matt as Spencer said is looking into putting it back online. Jesus Christ this was all be said before.

Mary, Joseph Moses and Elijah calm down...
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 01:58:04 PM

Jesus Christ,

Who maintains the coin being traded on poloniex? Nobody? I'm not asking for a poem.  Who maintains the coin Silkcoin? The one being traded NOW?

Who is the current developer of Silkcoin? Where is the block explorer for Silkcoin?   No poems.  Give me a straight up answer. What is wrong with you freaking weirdos I'm asking straight forward questions for Christ's sakes.  

Jesus Christ where is your reading comprehension. The is no developer for the current Silkcoin, all will be transported to Silk. Silkcoin just a legacy blockchain, it is crucified. There was a blockexplorer on cryptoid.info but expired, there was a blockexplorer on silkexplorer.silknetwork.org this was posted before.

Matt as Spencer said is looking into putting it back online. Jesus Christ this was all be said before.

In the meantime until there is a developer for Silkcoin (the coin being traded on poloniex) all trading should be halted.  No explorer, no developer to maintain the coin being traded..  should NOT be on poloniex. It is reckless on the part of poloniex.

Any other coins on polo not being actively maintained or is this the only one?
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 02:12:45 PM

I find it amazing you say the blockchain has been crucified yet half this thread is dedicated to fan noting the price of Silkcoin. It doesn't make sense. I will have to email poloniex and start requesting trading to be halted until there is an active maintainer of Silkcoin .  This whole thing is ludicrous.
Orestes

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 02:44:59 PM

I find it amazing you say the blockchain has been crucified yet half this thread is dedicated to fan noting the price of Silkcoin. It doesn't make sense. I will have to email poloniex and start requesting trading to be halted until there is an active maintainer of Silkcoin .  This whole thing is ludicrous.

What do you mean that half this thread is dedicated to a fan noting the price of Silkcoin, maybe that's where you came in...

What doesnt make sense is what you are on about. There are two ways of looking at this conversating with you.
One we are telling it as it is, in which case you are just being a prick.
Two there is nothing going on behind the scenes and you are right in acting like a prick.

But in no way are you able to change your opinion, your mind has been set in stone from day one. You've only been building a case against this project to serve what agenda exactly? I hope you will be here to apologise for the mess you´ve made when all is said and done.

traK4Ubitl

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 02:51:53 PM

Jesus Christ,

In the meantime until there is a developer for Silkcoin (the coin being traded on poloniex) all trading should be halted.  No explorer, no developer to maintain the coin being traded..  should NOT be on poloniex. It is reckless on the part of poloniex.

Any other coins on polo not being actively maintained or is this the only one?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: