Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:02:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver  (Read 77022 times)
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 03:08:55 PM

Two fudders now. Things must be really heating up!  Cheesy

Main reason for all of their posting is they just want to trade...

Have at it!  The rest of us will be on the sidelines watching our accounts grow, while they all trade for pennies...

Penny wise pound foolish...  But hey, to each his own...

traK4Ubitl

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 04:23:33 PM

Unfortunately timing of release is not the best.  And what I mean by that is Poloniex is probably concentrating on ETH and ETC right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get back to Spencer in time to list the new SLK market at the same time the swap option is released.

The team needs some major PR announcements going out, like today, if the release is going to be tomorrow.  Poloniex is just one exchange.  There are many others.

Until Weaver is up, my SILK will be sitting in my wallet.  I could care less about when the market will open on Poloniex.

My main goal is holding SLK as an asset and eventually swapping some SLK for DRKSLK.  I want to be able to utilize the online market as well...

Patiently waiting, as we have all been.

Serioously man... take the goggles off! Dont put anything.in the weaver until.there is a liquid market!  Please open your eyes!
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 04:31:41 PM

Unfortunately timing of release is not the best.  And what I mean by that is Poloniex is probably concentrating on ETH and ETC right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get back to Spencer in time to list the new SLK market at the same time the swap option is released.

The team needs some major PR announcements going out, like today, if the release is going to be tomorrow.  Poloniex is just one exchange.  There are many others.

Until Weaver is up, my SILK will be sitting in my wallet.  I could care less about when the market will open on Poloniex.

My main goal is holding SLK as an asset and eventually swapping some SLK for DRKSLK.  I want to be able to utilize the online market as well...

Serioously man... take the goggles off! Dont put anything.in the weaver until.there is a liquid market!  Please open your eyes!

To traK4Ubitl: That is sound advice, and advice that Xtrata voiced as well. No problem.

To drizzle2405: Sure there are many other exchanges, but being on many exchanges is not a positive thing in early stages. You want to be where it counts. Let us wait until Poloniex replies while devs are finishing up on the code.
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 04:59:34 PM

Don't worry, we won't be starting the swap procedure until it is confirmed.
drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 05:07:06 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2016, 05:18:55 PM by drizzle2405

Trak I'm really not concerned about liquidity, nor getting on an exchange right away.  I've been in plenty of coins that have had shit for liquidity in the short term.  I'm long term, I never make short term decisions...  Here's an example - Emercoin...  I was there day 1 release.  You probably never even heard of it.  See where it's at today, the list goes on.  Until then, talk to the hand bro, been in this game longer than you have.

Orestes, yes Poloniex is an exchange that has liquidity and is the go to at this point in time.  But, again, I don't look at short term.  Was just saying for all the crybabies needing an exchange that there are other ones out there.  I'm long term as I said to Trak, so I could care less about price/exchanges short term.  In order to build things you need heavy PR blitz, that's all I am saying.

No matter what you do, short term will always be the most volatile whether it's on one exchange or a hundred.  So just be prepared.

EDIT:  And for the record, I don't care if the release is tomorrow, or if it's delayed.  Just saying, reiterating my stance...  Long term hold.

SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 05:33:55 PM

Wallets are both entirely styled. Currently test mining DarkSilk and Silk is about to undergo another countless round of testing too.

UI elements for features are yet to go into the wallet i.e. MultiSig UI/Watch-Only UI/Stormnode UI

Thought you guys might want something to look at Wink
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 05:42:40 PM

I mean yes, nice screenshot but at the end of the day that's just a wallet GUI. Not much to be seen really.

I'm more interested regarding the upconimg features.
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 05:44:31 PM

I mean yes, nice screenshot but at the end of the day that's just a wallet GUI. Not much to be seen really.

Of course and those are detailed in the whitepaper.

Click the image on the OP.
Pr0metheus

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 05:59:01 PM

Now i´m confused was it this Wednesday or the next?
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 06:03:15 PM

It is meant to be tomorrow, but at the same time we do need confirmation from Poloniex.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 02:50:44 AM

It is meant to be tomorrow, but at the same time we do need confirmation from Poloniex.
You are talking about the ICO for DRKSLK correct?? How would one go about purchasing coins through that?? Thanks Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

Pr0metheus

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:36:41 AM

You are talking about the ICO for DRKSLK correct?? How would one go about purchasing coins through that?? Thanks Smiley

No the SLK swap. I guess the ico will be delayed a little because they dont have the plan ready... lack of vision

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:40:28 AM

Of course and those are detailed in the whitepaper.

Click the image on the OP.

Don't get me wrong, that's what I am waiting for. Those are the most "needed" updates right now if you know what I mean.
Project is pretty good but we want to see it in action  Wink
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:43:54 AM

No the SLK swap. I guess the ico will be delayed a little because they dont have the plan ready... lack of vision

Oh right on and how exactly will the swap be happening???

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

Solero

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 08:13:49 AM

Trak I'm really not concerned about liquidity, nor getting on an exchange right away.  I've been in plenty of coins that have had shit for liquidity in the short term.  I'm long term, I never make short term decisions...  Here's an example - Emercoin...  I was there day 1 release.  You probably never even heard of it.  See where it's at today, the list goes on.  Until then, talk to the hand bro, been in this game longer than you have.

Orestes, yes Poloniex is an exchange that has liquidity and is the go to at this point in time.  But, again, I don't look at short term.  Was just saying for all the crybabies needing an exchange that there are other ones out there.  I'm long term as I said to Trak, so I could care less about price/exchanges short term.  In order to build things you need heavy PR blitz, that's all I am saying.

No matter what you do, short term will always be the most volatile whether it's on one exchange or a hundred.  So just be prepared.

EDIT:  And for the record, I don't care if the release is tomorrow, or if it's delayed.  Just saying, reiterating my stance...  Long term hold.

I share your point of view Smiley. I do think Poloniex would be a long term better outcome though.
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 09:06:42 AM

The details on how the ICO will operate are on the OP and have been for days. It will start once Silk launches.
Pr0metheus

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:51:23 PM

I´m kind of missing the countdown here
Xtrata

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:55:50 PM

Maybe you should take your time and read the posts done here, then you wouldn't be "kind of missing" anything.
drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 08:37:23 PM

Trak I'm really not concerned about liquidity, nor getting on an exchange right away.  I've been in plenty of coins that have had shit for liquidity in the short term.  I'm long term, I never make short term decisions...  Here's an example - Emercoin...  I was there day 1 release.  You probably never even heard of it.  See where it's at today, the list goes on.  Until then, talk to the hand bro, been in this game longer than you have.

Orestes, yes Poloniex is an exchange that has liquidity and is the go to at this point in time.  But, again, I don't look at short term.  Was just saying for all the crybabies needing an exchange that there are other ones out there.  I'm long term as I said to Trak, so I could care less about price/exchanges short term.  In order to build things you need heavy PR blitz, that's all I am saying.

No matter what you do, short term will always be the most volatile whether it's on one exchange or a hundred.  So just be prepared.

I share your point of view Smiley. I do think Poloniex would be a long term better outcome though.

Unfortunately sometimes I hate being right...  Polo isn't in a rush...  They are busy with their ETC money maker right now...  Again I'm not in a rush...  Just been around the block too many times and seen this coming from a mile away.

xnyz

Activity: 170

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 11:19:23 AM

I'm start hope you and your cousin Trak can just drop this project and start crying somewhere else but not here!
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: