Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:37:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250125 times)
cInfiniteBtcLetsShare

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:06:44 PM

The stable fiat price of this coin has really impressed me. I feel I can spend Gulden without worrying that the price will drop as I purchase or move up 50% in a week and regret making a purchase. This keeps up it could become a serious alternative as a currency.

While bitcoin is a perfect investment because the supply rewards keep halving it's a huge NO NO as a currency. No one will spend their bitcoin at merchants because they worried the price will just keep increasing and if the price drops people would rather hold until the next increase.

Gulden has a real shot at becoming a currency if they can get the 0 confirms safely done and the price remains stable like this or increases slowly over time, I believe the 0 confirms is the next release after PoW2 and SegSig, with the current release having safe 1 confirm transactions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PeterPicker

Activity: 72

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:20:07 AM

Regarding the amounts you need to witness with. 5000 - 10000 NLG minimum depending on the time you plan to witness for.

I have worked out with current supply that a total of 71 000 witnesses at 3 years using 5000 NLG. In reality this won't occur, the average witness accounts could be 25000 NLG across all users already planning to witness and maybe 100 million in total will participate as there will be a lot people who have less then 5000 NLG or don't have access to a desktop / laptop / PI3 to witness with. Add in traders that might only witness with 20% and trade with the rest AND Gulden still has to function as a currency.

Considering the above you looking at 4000 people participating in witnessing. This wouldn't cater for a small town in the NL nevermind the whole of Europe.

My question is, will the requirements for participating as a witness drop when the coin reaches 1 Euro in value?

go93

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:10:53 AM

It's nice to see NLG finally mooning but I am experiencing what some have been mentioning here - the insane censorship by Rijk.
Mentioned on Slack that, since almost all other alts have been mooning, it's no wonder that NLG is finally catching up. This resulted in a ban for 'discussing other alts', without even mentioning any specific coins. I feel sorry for Rijk for pretending to live in a world where only Gulden exist.
Myraidcoins

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:15:40 AM

It's nice to see NLG finally mooning but I am experiencing what some have been mentioning here - the insane censorship by Rijk.
Mentioned on Slack that, since almost all other alts have been mooning, it's no wonder that NLG is finally catching up. This resulted in a ban for 'discussing other alts', without even mentioning any specific coins. I feel sorry for Rijk for pretending to live in a world where only Gulden exist.

I could live with that, most of the alts are just marketing scams. Why would you want honest people getting involved with the shenanigans out there. Gulden is a real legit project.
altcoinsrule

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:31:58 AM

I could live with that, most of the alts are just marketing scams. Why would you want honest people getting involved with the shenanigans out there. Gulden is a real legit project.

are you related too rijk. He says the same bullshit, He started the same as the rest of the coins and there are a lot of other coins that are also legit and have a future.
Sugaman

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:32:00 PM

are you related too rijk. He says the same bullshit, He started the same as the rest of the coins and there are a lot of other coins that are also legit and have a future.

Why is this coin only ranked 175 if it has a future ?
altcoinsrule

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:45:47 PM

Why is this coin only ranked 175 if it has a future ?

i think marketing, product is fine.
DubMatrix

Activity: 79

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:21:52 PM

I think this product is under everyone's radar and most people never see it coming. The current price is just a catch up to where it already was a few months back. Step in while you can.
Myraidcoins

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:49:25 AM

The moment of truth is about to arrive for Gulden, I know Biomike and Rijk proposed that Gulden would be more stable in price compared to other coins when bitcoin drops because it's more tied to the Euro. Bitcoin is dropping and it's time to see if Biomike (who i respect as a trader) and Rijk (Founder of the best coin in crypto) is right.
JwJimJim

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:23:59 AM

The moment of truth is about to arrive for Gulden, I know Biomike and Rijk proposed that Gulden would be more stable in price compared to other coins when bitcoin drops because it's more tied to the Euro. Bitcoin is dropping and it's time to see if Biomike (who i respect as a trader) and Rijk (Founder of the best coin in crypto) is right.

GRS was the coin of 2017 with all it's updates and $160 million marketcap. The updates weren't innovative but they keep up with bitcoin changes and copy good parts of other coins well.

Gulden devs should of kept PoW2 and SegSig as different releases because it stopped witnessing from starting this year and this would of created a large incentive for people to buy Gulden.

Since testing has already started there is no point in complaining but the coin should of ended the year over $ 200 million marketcap if the devs didn't want to create the largest update in crypto history.
SuperOrca

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:39:21 AM

Rank 174, it has moved up from a low of 189 but this was before it rallied. Gulden should move up in ranking compared to other coins when btc drops. This is what was sold by the community and devs.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:04:21 AM

GRS was the coin of 2017 with all it's updates and $160 million marketcap. The updates weren't innovative but they keep up with bitcoin changes and copy good parts of other coins well.

Funny you mention GRS, as I've been contacted by members of their community past few years about ditching country coins as GRS has true innovation according to them. NLG has been keeping up with BTC changes as well, so there is nothing new here.

As for price stability, with the recent price going up in fiat (mostly driven by crypto in general) this has been at stake, but a few cents is still doable. Bittrex still seems to rule the market, so it will be up to the EUR exchanges to lock that wealth, preferably before the crypto market gets a correction/crash.
TimBurton

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:25:32 AM

Gulden devs should of kept PoW2 and SegSig as different releases because it stopped witnessing from starting this year and this would of created a large incentive for people to buy Gulden.

Since testing has already started there is no point in complaining but the coin should of ended the year over $ 200 million marketcap if the devs didn't want to create the largest update in crypto history.

Must be issues with testing as no updates from Jean.Luc. Investeerder going to be right about March release. 
PeterPicker

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:34:42 AM

Dev team has made a update about testing,

https://dev.gulden.com/what-are-our-testers-testing-for-the-gulden-2-0-update/

20-12-2017

What are our testers testing for the Gulden 2.0 update?
We have had this question come up from many community members so we thought it would be a good time to break down the parts involved. The 2.0 update involves tens of thousands of lines of code that effect every layer of the software, from the blockchain consensus, the transaction script layer to the network layer and UI. While the bulk of the code has been written and reviewed there is simply no replacement for repeated real world testing by multiple parties and this is what the testing phase is all about.

1. Phase 1 to 5 upgrade script for PoW2 and SegSig compatibility.
The above process eliminates the need for an immediate messy hard fork; allowing time for everyone to upgrade cleanly while also bringing the witnessing functinality into use as fast as possible. With the amount of services reliant on Gulden we have to keep downtime to an absolute minimum.

2. Witnessing balance in practise compared to theory.
The development team have come up with a new testnet called fastnets where each person can run their own simulations alongside our main testnet. This gives our testers the ability to fast track the results of witnessing.

3. SegSig introduces a completely new transaction format with up to 58% smaller transactions.
This new format needs to be tested in multiple ways to ensure that it works in all cases and for all transaction types and that no unexpected issues are introduced.

4. When it comes to user interface design nothing beats real user feedback.
As we reach the final part of testing our UX team and developers will be working closely with users to ensure that the interface is one that all users can use and not just the technically minded.

5. iOS and Android 2.0 compatibility testing.

6. Aside from SegSig and PoW², version 2.0 also introduces dozens of other bug fixes and various new upstream functionality.
While the main focus is on SegSig/PoW² it is important that all other functionality is also retested to not let any surprise issues through.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:50:53 AM

20-12-2017

We have had this question come up from many community members so we thought it would be a good time to break down the parts involved. The 2.0 update involves tens of thousands of lines of code that effect every layer of the software, from the blockchain consensus, the transaction script layer to the network layer and UI. While the bulk of the code has been written and reviewed there is simply no replacement for repeated real world testing by multiple parties and this is what the testing phase is all about.

The above process eliminates the need for an immediate messy hard fork; allowing time for everyone to upgrade cleanly while also bringing the witnessing functinality into use as fast as possible. With the amount of services reliant on Gulden we have to keep downtime to an absolute minimum.

The development team have come up with a new testnet called fastnets where each person can run their own simulations alongside our main testnet. This gives our testers the ability to fast track the results of witnessing.

3. SegSig introduces a completely new transaction format with up to 58% smaller transactions.
This new format needs to be tested in multiple ways to ensure that it works in all cases and for all transaction types and that no unexpected issues are introduced.

As we reach the final part of testing our UX team and developers will be working closely with users to ensure that the interface is one that all users can use and not just the technically minded.

6. Aside from SegSig and PoW², version 2.0 also introduces dozens of other bug fixes and various new upstream functionality.
While the main focus is on SegSig/PoW² it is important that all other functionality is also retested to not let any surprise issues through.

Lots of "Look all those awesome features we are testing, but not for you. Stay tuned for some undetermined time." and less "Testing is progressing fine, we're at <some number>% of the things we want to test, no serious bugs found so far. If no big bugs surface, next release could be around <insert date>."
guldenpagina.nl

Activity: 183
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 11:36:23 AM

GULDEN 2.0: WHAT ARE WE TESTING?
http://guldenbites.nl/en/2017/12/20/gulden-2-0-what-are-we-testing/
JwJimJim

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:10:02 PM

20-12-2017

Lots of "Look all those awesome features we are testing, but not for you. Stay tuned for some undetermined time." and less "Testing is progressing fine, we're at <some number>% of the things we want to test, no serious bugs found so far. If no big bugs surface, next release could be around <insert date>."

SegSig is a larger update then PoW2, I still want to see how MaNI pulls off 58% savings on SegSig when the bitcoin devs could only manage 25% on SegWit.

Sure I will grant him best dev in crypto status if he manages it.
elijahtri

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:45:51 PM

20-12-2017

Is there a whitepaper to back all this up? I find it hard to believe a coin not even ranked in the top 150 has the expertise to do a update of this magnitude.

Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:54:39 PM

They have been working on this for over 1 year now. Releases have been delayed time after time. That is why it is ranked so low, many supporters have lost confidence.
On top of that, the team is not excelling in communication to say the least. But if you can live with all that and remain patient, NLG is a good coin to invest in.
Hansey

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:39:50 PM

next year this coin should easily be 0,50$, the update is looking great.
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: