News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe in god?
Yes - 362 (65.9%)
No - 139 (25.3%)
Other - 48 (8.7%)
Total Voters: 549

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 189 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe in god?  (Read 315976 times)
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 03:56:26 PM

But just what if the question refers to a more holistic God context. As in the age-old idea of God. The God beyond all else, the God governing everything. Across diverse religion, do anyone of you believe in that?

I believe in universal God, Parent of all humankind.
I believe that God is parent not only for Christians, but also Buddhists, Hindu, Muslims, Jews, Atheists etc.
If so, it means that we all have one common Parent and therefore we are all part of one global family, brothers and sisters.
When people realized it, wars and conflicts will stop and era of peace and Blessing will start.
It's so sad to see that many believers use religion as tool to attack others, less fortunate people.
God loves us all equally.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
GooCust04

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 05:53:33 PM

But just what if the question refers to a more holistic God context. As in the age-old idea of God. The God beyond all else, the God governing everything. Across diverse religion, do anyone of you believe in that?

I believe that God is parent not only for Christians, but also Buddhists, Hindu, Muslims, Jews, Atheists etc.
If so, it means that we all have one common Parent and therefore we are all part of one global family, brothers and sisters.
When people realized it, wars and conflicts will stop and era of peace and Blessing will start.
It's so sad to see that many believers use religion as tool to attack others, less fortunate people.

There was never equality between people and never will. Religion was invented to control people. What is equality if people fall on their knees before the preacher. I don't believe in God. Religion is a vestige of the past, when there was no state.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 06:12:18 PM

There was never equality between people and never will. Religion was invented to control people. What is equality if people fall on their knees before the preacher. I don't believe in God. Religion is a vestige of the past, when there was no state.

That's precisely what the atheism religion is doing. They are there to weaken the morality of people who are theists and want to do as God tells them.

Wake up. Google and Youtube search on "atheism religion." Find out for yourself how atheists who say that atheism ISN'T a religion, are really just running around the whole idea, and not really getting into it.

The more an atheist dogmatizes his atheistic position, the more he makes atheism a religion.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Seccerius

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 06:18:23 PM

That's precisely what the atheism religion is doing. They are there to weaken the morality of people who are theists and want to do as God tells them.

Wake up. Google and Youtube search on "atheism religion." Find out for yourself how atheists who say that atheism ISN'T a religion, are really just running around the whole idea, and not really getting into it.

The more an atheist dogmatizes his atheistic position, the more he makes atheism a religion.

Cool
Atheism is not a religion. Believers worship God, atheists don't worship anyone. Moreover, they require evidence in order not to be deceived. Believers also deceived and they are not smart enough to see this.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 06:49:20 PM

Cool
Atheism is not a religion. Believers worship God, atheists don't worship anyone. Moreover, they require evidence in order not to be deceived. Believers also deceived and they are not smart enough to see this.

When atheists make the determination that there is no God, even though they know that they don't have enough factual knowledge to prove that there is no God, they are setting themselves up as though they were gods, just by making their determination.

Atheism not only becomes a religion because of their beliefs that aren't necessarily true, but becomes a lie as well, because they know that they don't know that there is no God.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
jonnybravo0411

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 07:05:27 PM

Cool

When atheists make the determination that there is no God, even though they know that they don't have enough factual knowledge to prove that there is no God, they are setting themselves up as though they were gods, just by making their determination.

Atheism not only becomes a religion because of their beliefs that aren't necessarily true, but becomes a lie as well, because they know that they don't know that there is no God.

Cool
I could say the same about those who believe in God. You have no proof that God exists. In addition, scientists decided to prove that something is, not what something is not. So atheism is not a religion, but the opinion of scientists.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 07:16:52 PM

No man can divide and conquer quite as effectively as the ethical "Monotheistic God" can. Look at how exceedingly well "Ethical Monotheistic God" has conquered for his kingdom right across the globe, through the religions that originated in the mid east, a multitude of beautifully organized NATURALLY formed indigenous cultures. Look how much more wonderfully integrated and balanced these cultures, who have existed for thousands of years on their own, have become since "God" has enacted his astoundingly magnificent ethical kingdom into their hearts - all across the globe. It is by far the best testament to his abundantly overflowing love and respect for the diversity (of cultures) he himself has ordained eons ago.

Just to clarify are we talking about the same cultures I think we are?

There are only two ways to build and sustain a large and complex society. The first is oppression and slavery. The second and far harder path is to build a free society.

From wiki the following snippets:  44,000 years ago Australia separated from Papua New Guinea...Aboriginal Australians one of the oldest living populations in the world and possibly the oldest outside of Africa, confirming they may also have the oldest continuous culture on the planet...the Aboriginal peoples have occupied the same territory continuously longer than any other human populations... Australia was isolated for a long time from the rest of Southeast Asia, and remained untouched by migrations and population expansions.  

This information suggest to me these cultures (more than 400 distinct Australian Aboriginal peoples) came a god damn long way on their own, without the interference of the Christian West.

But now, we see this, also from wiki (under Aboriginal Australians) :

Aboriginal Australians have disproportionately high rates of severe physical disability, as much as three times that of non-Aboriginal Australians, possibly due to higher rates of chronic diseases such as diabetes and kidney disease.

One study reports that Aboriginal Australians are affected by a large number of infectious diseases, particularly in rural areas. These diseases include strongyloidiasis, hookworm caused by Ancylostoma duodenale, scabies, and streptococcal infections

Another study examining the psychosocial functioning of high risk exposed and low risk exposed Aboriginal Australians aged 12–17 found that in high risk youths, personal wellbeing was protected by a sense of solidarity and common low socioeconomic status. However, in low risk youths, perceptions of racism caused poor psychosocial functioning. The researchers suggested that factors such as racism, discrimination, and alienation contributed to physiological health risks in families belonging to ethnic minorities

Aboriginal Australians suffer from high rates of heart disease

Due to the complex nature of the alcohol and domestic violence issue in the Northern Territory, proposed solutions are contentious

Modern Aboriginal Australians tend to have nutritionally poor diets, especially in rural areas where higher food costs drive people to consume cheaper, lower quality foods. The average diet contains too many refined carbohydrates and excessive salt, while lacking fruit and vegetables

It seems to me the Christian West did a tremendous job in fucking up these intracately formed, finely balanced, NATURAL cultures.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 07:17:33 PM

Cool

Cool
I could say the same about those who believe in God. You have no proof that God exists. In addition, scientists decided to prove that something is, not what something is not. So atheism is not a religion, but the opinion of scientists.

The point wasn't to state that God exists or doesn't exist. The point is just as you have said, above. Like as theists have religion in their theism, even so atheists have religion in their atheism.

Cool

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 07:21:49 PM

Cool

I'm not an atheist. I believe in Vaishnavism and the supreme being or god is Vishnu in which Krishna is gods avatar. The holy texts are the Vedas and Upanishads. The Vedas are among the oldest sacred texts in the world. The Samhitas date to roughly 1700–1100 BC when Rig Veda was authored. Your religion is a relative newcomer to the god scene.

Why did your god not show himself to the devotees of the Sri Sampradaya the believers of the true and first god of the people? Was he afraid of Vishnu's power?

The Bhagavad Gita tells us, “The mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it" and “delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed.”

Your search for something greater than yourself has led you astray toward false gods because your bewildered mind is your enemy and your intellect and reasoning are corrupted. Accept Vishnu and set your mind at peace before it's too late.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 07:34:08 PM

Cool

I'm not an atheist. I believe in Vaishnavism and the supreme being or god is Vishnu in which Krishna is gods avatar. The holy texts are the Vedas and Upanishads. The Vedas are among the oldest sacred texts in the world. The Samhitas date to roughly 1700–1100 BC when Rig Veda was authored. Your religion is a relative newcomer to the god scene.

Why did your god not show himself to the devotees of the Sri Sampradaya the believers of the true and first god of the people? Was he afraid of Vishnu's power?

The Bhagavad Gita tells us, “The mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it" and “delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed.”

Your search for something greater than yourself has led you astray toward false gods because your bewildered mind is your enemy and your intellect and reasoning are corrupted. Accept Vishnu and set your mind at peace before it's too late.

If you have any questions about or for God, the answers are in the bible, or you can ask Him in the judgment at the last day... if your knees aren't quaking too hard.

Cool

SirPol85

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 07:40:01 PM

Cool

If you have any questions about or for God, the answers are in the bible, or you can ask Him in the judgment at the last day... if your knees aren't quaking too hard.

Cool
I have certainly not shaking knees. I fear no divine judgment. As for the Bible there is written all the tale. I do not believe that eve was created from Adam's rib. I'm not saying that children from relatives are freaks.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 07:46:12 PM

Cool

Cool
I have certainly not shaking knees. I fear no divine judgment. As for the Bible there is written all the tale. I do not believe that eve was created from Adam's rib. I'm not saying that children from relatives are freaks.

If you didn't see the world and life around you, but only heard about it from a distance, you wouldn't believe it could exist, either.

Cool

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 08:26:32 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2017, 08:41:52 PM by Buffer Overflow

Makes me laugh. You know, stuff like...

God wants this.
God wants that.
God wants x.
God doesn't want you to do y.
God is z.
God isn't 2n+4.
God loves p/q.
God hates t - n/3.
God will do 5 ± √4 if you do Σk=0ry - 3.3

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

What people are really saying when they say "God wants x", is "I want God to want x". But not being truthful and actually saying it.

Isn't it interesting that everybody's God always wants the same thing they want?
Isn't it interesting that anybody that believes in heaven has a self-signed certificate of guaranteed entry?
It's as if they've custom built their own God to their own liking.

These bespoke gods are a little like the smell of ones own farts. Everyone loves the smell of their own farts (their god), but other peoples farts (other gods) smell rancid.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 09:38:15 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2017, 09:56:52 PM by CoinCube

This information suggest to me these cultures (more than 400 distinct Australian Aboriginal peoples) came a god damn long way on their own, without the interference of the Christian West.

Aboriginal Australians have disproportionately high rates of severe physical disability, as much as three times that of non-Aboriginal Australians, possibly due to higher rates of chronic diseases such as diabetes and kidney disease.

Due to the complex nature of the alcohol and domestic violence issue in the Northern Territory, proposed solutions are contentious
It seems to me the Christian West did a tremendous job in fucking up these intracately formed, finely balanced, NATURAL cultures.

The Christian West has been and continues to be very far from ideal. If one reads even a little about the treatment of Native Americans by the Europeans especially the treatment of Native Americans by Spain it is pretty grim stuff. I am less knowledgeable about the treatment of the Australian Aboriginal people but I am sure there are parallels.  

We cannot change the past so how do we help these people now? ... Here are some thoughts.

Race/Ethnicity, Religious Involvement, and Domestic Violence
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1077801207308259
The authors explored the relationship between religious involvement and intimate partner violence... They found that: (a) religious involvement is correlated with reduced levels of domestic violence... this protective effect is stronger for African American men and women and for Hispanic men, groups that, for a variety of reasons, experience elevated risk for this type of violence.

Alcoholism Risk Moderation by a Socio-Religious Dimension
http://www.jsad.com/doi/abs/10.15288/jsad.2007.68.912
Results: Findings indicated that (1) parental alcohol history robustly predicted increased offspring alcohol-dependence symptoms, (2) religious rearing appeared protective (offspring exhibited fewer alcohol-dependence symptoms), (3) religious differentiation accounted for most of the protective effect, (4) other religious variables did not account for the differentiation effect, and (5) black religious adolescents were more frequently raised with differentiating affiliations and exhibited greater protective effects.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:45:28 AM

The Christian West has been and continues to be very far from ideal. If one reads even a little about the treatment of Native Americans by the Europeans especially the treatment of Native Americans by Spain it is pretty grim stuff. I am less knowledgeable about the treatment of the Australian Aboriginal people but I am sure there are parallels.  

We cannot change the past so how do we help these people now? ... Here are some thoughts.

Race/Ethnicity, Religious Involvement, and Domestic Violence
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1077801207308259
The authors explored the relationship between religious involvement and intimate partner violence... They found that: (a) religious involvement is correlated with reduced levels of domestic violence... this protective effect is stronger for African American men and women and for Hispanic men, groups that, for a variety of reasons, experience elevated risk for this type of violence.

Alcoholism Risk Moderation by a Socio-Religious Dimension
http://www.jsad.com/doi/abs/10.15288/jsad.2007.68.912
Results: Findings indicated that (1) parental alcohol history robustly predicted increased offspring alcohol-dependence symptoms, (2) religious rearing appeared protective (offspring exhibited fewer alcohol-dependence symptoms), (3) religious differentiation accounted for most of the protective effect, (4) other religious variables did not account for the differentiation effect, and (5) black religious adolescents were more frequently raised with differentiating affiliations and exhibited greater protective effects.

The whole, basic idea of Christianity and the Bible is this.
God is infinitely stronger and more intelligent than people.
People all over the world turned against God to their own hurt.
God offers a way out of their impending destruction ... through Jesus salvation.
Some people accept Jesus salvation.
Accepting Jesus salvation doesn't make anybody righteous in the way he lives this life.
Jesus salvation saves people for the New Universe God is making.
There will be no imperfection in the New Universe.

Think about this. There are only a small handful of people in recent years who have claimed to be over 120 years old. There are only about 3 or 4 who have claimed to have reached 200. People die. People need salvation from death. God is way stronger than people. He has offered Jesus salvation, the only way.

Forget the wrong things that people do. Aim for the thing that is important. Jesus salvation.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 01:45:46 AM

Makes me laugh. You know, stuff like...

God wants this.
God wants that.
God wants x.
God doesn't want you to do y.
God is z.
God isn't 2n+4.
God loves p/q.
God hates t - n/3.
God will do 5 ± √4 if you do Σk=0ry - 3.3

What people are really saying when they say "God wants x", is "I want God to want x". But not being truthful and actually saying it.

Isn't it interesting that everybody's God always wants the same thing they want?
Isn't it interesting that anybody that believes in heaven has a self-signed certificate of guaranteed entry?
It's as if they've custom built their own God to their own liking.

These bespoke gods are a little like the smell of ones own farts. Everyone loves the smell of their own farts (their god), but other peoples farts (other gods) smell rancid.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

It amazes me that people say they know what God wants.  Some people have a direct line to God I guess.  VIP membership I bet.

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 01:47:21 AM

God offers a way out of their impending destruction ... through Jesus salvation.
Accepting Jesus salvation doesn't make anybody righteous in the way he lives this life.

Think about this. There are only a small handful of people in recent years who have claimed to be over 120 years old. There are only about 3 or 4 who have claimed to have reached 200. People die. People need salvation from death. God is way stronger than people. He has offered Jesus salvation, the only way

Forget the wrong things that people do. Aim for the thing that is important. Jesus salvation.

Cool

Let me stop you right there (bolded sentence): God does not exist.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 02:03:29 AM

Think about this. There are only a small handful of people in recent years who have claimed to be over 120 years old. There are only about 3 or 4 who have claimed to have reached 200. People die. People need salvation from death. God is way stronger than people. He has offered Jesus salvation, the only way

Cool

Your religion of atheism goes against the proof:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1355109.msg14047133#msg14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg16803380#msg16803380.

Perhaps if you could come up with a way to rebut the info found in the links, what you say might have some strength. To simply say it, doesn't make it so. Saying it without proof makes what you say a religion.

Cool

dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 02:43:05 AM

I guess forget and forgive too, right BADecker? Sounds easy as pie, I'll give it a try.

stats

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:21:46 PM

Cool

Your religion of atheism goes against the proof:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1355109.msg14047133#msg14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg16803380#msg16803380.

Perhaps if you could come up with a way to rebut the info found in the links, what you say might have some strength. To simply say it, doesn't make it so. Saying it without proof makes what you say a religion.

Cool

A way to rebut the links..... hmmm...... Oh I know..... YOU wrote them.

That's enough for anyone!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 189 »
  Print  

Jump to: