Bitcoin Forum
November 23, 2017, 05:26:24 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Announces the Antminer R4 and APW5 Power Supply, Designed for Silence  (Read 63833 times)
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 700

+1-844-248-6246

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 10:55:14 AM

@VRobb,

as always, our hosting option, you do not have to worry about dead units or broken units as it be repaired or replaced at site if it is damaged or broken while in our hosting!  Fully protected option is $60/kw, string attached is shipout is only after unit is not profitable to hash.  (hash to the ash option, and probably in those senario, hosting fee at that time may be even lower to hash a bit longer by migrating to lower grade hosting option we have to keep the unit working longer)

BitmainWarranty Repair: +1-844-BIT-MAIN  (844-248-6246)     Skype: BitmainEnglish (Voice Only)
E-mail: support@bitmainwarranty.com    Теперь сервисное обслуживание доступно на Русском и Украинском языках!
Return Address: Bitmain Warranty 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 1932

A new tool for prediction https://bitvol.info/

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 12:39:28 PM

The way to win is to donate it to me so I can figure out what's going wrong :-) Then I can tell everyone else how to fix these things.

I have a ½ dead one are you in the usa?

Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
VRobb

Activity: 686

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:19:10 PM

@VRobb,

as always, our hosting option, you do not have to worry about dead units or broken units as it be repaired or replaced at site if it is damaged or broken while in our hosting!  Fully protected option is $60/kw, string attached is shipout is only after unit is not profitable to hash.  (hash to the ash option, and probably in those senario, hosting fee at that time may be even lower to hash a bit longer by migrating to lower grade hosting option we have to keep the unit working longer)
Definitely something to consider when I increase my mining, but the 1/2 running R4B4 of concern is currently up in the great white north, and as such will either stay there or head on back to another warranty repair in the near future if the hosting site sends another batch of units for repair (which is both fortunately and unfortunately likely!).

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck
In Hotels, I prefer the 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), & S9-13.5
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1344

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 01:19:25 AM

The way to win is to donate it to me so I can figure out what's going wrong :-) Then I can tell everyone else how to fix these things.

I have a ½ dead one are you in the usa?
Actually I am, and I've always been interested in seeing what makes bitmain tick. I'll send over the address in a PM.

Thanks!
C
VRobb

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:57:16 AM

Well my faulty R4 is now fixed and on the way back to my place. Fedex has it in Cologne (Germany) at the moment.
No details about what was repaired though.

At least they fixed your R4. They sent back a broken R4 that would not hash. I resent it back for repair and now they said they can't replace it because they don't have any more R4 units. They want me to pay some BTC to get as a replacement a T9. It's faster but also louder. Terrible customer service.

Try to get a swap without additional payment. The R4 are doomed.
After a second failure of one of the hash boards (with requisite cost of sending R4 out once for repair already) I have been offered the swap of R4 for T9 if I send it back again on my dime.  Yes, I already asked to have shipping back paid but to no avail.  Not sure how to proceed with this... on the one hand I like the efficiency of my R4 which is unmatched. But it's very flaky and unreliable operating history is rather lame.
Thoughts?

These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), & S9-13.5
HagssFIN

Activity: 728

Electrician. Mining since 2014.

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 10:54:43 AM

Well my faulty R4 is now fixed and on the way back to my place. Fedex has it in Cologne (Germany) at the moment.
No details about what was repaired though.

At least they fixed your R4. They sent back a broken R4 that would not hash. I resent it back for repair and now they said they can't replace it because they don't have any more R4 units. They want me to pay some BTC to get as a replacement a T9. It's faster but also louder. Terrible customer service.

Try to get a swap without additional payment. The R4 are doomed.
After a second failure of one of the hash boards (with requisite cost of sending R4 out once for repair already) I have been offered the swap of R4 for T9 if I send it back again on my dime.  Yes, I already asked to have shipping back paid but to no avail.  Not sure how to proceed with this... on the one hand I like the efficiency of my R4 which is unmatched. But it's very flaky and unreliable operating history is rather lame.
Thoughts?
If you can deal with the extra noise and extra electricity cost, I would go with the T9.

VRobb

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:01:38 PM

If you can deal with the extra noise and extra electricity cost, I would go with the T9.
The sick R4 is in a DC with my S9 so noise isn't an issue in this case.  Just another expensive shipping payment and then mining delay, what fun!!

HagssFIN

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:49:45 PM

Whoah, I almost lost other hash board today in my R4, batch 4.  Sad
It disappeared completely, only the board connected to J7 was visible at the status page.
Turned out that changing communication cable in the controller from J8 to J6 helped, at least that got it running ok again.

qctechno

Activity: 278

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:46:40 PM

I inspected my R4B1 today.
I find some DC plug  who overheated from too much current.
I use a EVGA G2 1300W with good sized cables.
It was running at stock speed 600Mhz. Down clocked to 550Mhz to be safe.

POoooOOOooor design, Bitmain can't size a DC plug properly ...

VRobb

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:22:34 PM

The sick R4 is in a DC with my S9 so noise isn't an issue in this case.  Just another expensive shipping payment and then mining delay, what fun!!
Well after much delay my sick droid R4B4 is back at the Empire for scrapping.  After some polite back and forth regarding the issues with the R4 I was promised "just this one time" an S9, instead of a T9, for swap once returned on my dime.  It (R4B4) has just arrived today.

HagssFIN

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:01:34 PM

The sick R4 is in a DC with my S9 so noise isn't an issue in this case.  Just another expensive shipping payment and then mining delay, what fun!!
Well after much delay my sick droid R4B4 is back at the Empire for scrapping.  After some polite back and forth regarding the issues with the R4 I was promised "just this one time" an S9, instead of a T9, for swap once returned on my dime.  It has just arrived today.
Wow, that's actually then quite in a good way handled situation after all?

VRobb

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:11:07 PM

We'll see...! Once an S9 arrives to the mines at Hoth then I'll be fully convinced; but they did promise such and I will take them at their word.

Evan

Activity: 499

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:23:56 PM

@VRobb,

talk to me I am getting upset at 2 months of time of my r4 being away from me.

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
HagssFIN

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:30:07 PM

@VRobb,

That's bad, sorry to hear  Undecided
Have you been kicking their butts via e-mail or phone to do the repair ready already?

Evan

Activity: 499

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:45:41 PM

@VRobb,

That's bad, sorry to hear  Undecided
Have you been kicking their butts via e-mail or phone to do the repair ready already?

I email them regularly. I called but the second thing is in Chinese so I get scared and hang up.

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1344

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:41:35 PM

Well I did get a blown S7 in here to fix at Lightfoot labs, so I am learning these things. Once I get the board running I'll post results and thoughts in a thread. I can almost always do turnaround in a few days, never months :-)

C
VRobb

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:17:49 PM

Well after much delay my sick droid R4B4 is back at the Empire for scrapping.  After some polite back and forth regarding the issues with the R4 I was promised "just this one time" an S9, instead of a T9, for swap once returned on my dime.  It has just arrived today.
It took a bit more back and forth, and referencing the original emails with the offer of an S9 this one time, but it is now official: I will be getting a new S9 in swap for my 1/2 running R4B4.  Of course there's a catch...  No stock available until, get this, October!!  Shocked
Update to come in September sometime.  Undecided
Until then, $$ and hashrate wasting away.  Tongue

fusion0389

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:31:14 PM

It took a bit more back and forth, and referencing the original emails with the offer of an S9 this one time, but it is now official: I will be getting a new S9 in swap for my 1/2 running R4B4.  Of course there's a catch...  No stock available until, get this, October!!  Shocked
Update to come in September sometime.  Undecided
Until then, $$ and hashrate wasting away.  Tongue

October? That kinda sucks... If you live stateside you should be able to send it to their USA based repair facility in California for expedited repair.
HagssFIN

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:44:19 PM

Well they didn't handle it well then after all.  Undecided
They can't put warranty orders in the same basket with new orders, that is not fair at all.

VRobb

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:26:25 PM

Yeah, well you pays your money and you takes your chances.  Now that they got it I will must wait.  Hopefully not the full amount of time!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.