Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:24:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 [905] 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233886 times)
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:29:26 AM

Since there is no Sustainable Token thread and the whitepaper says it's an ICO on the Byteball platform, I'm in the right place.
Has anyone seen an official Byteball announcement about sustainabletoken.io? I've seen Tony make other official ICO announcements on this thread but I haven't seen one for this project.
I don't think you're in the right place as it seem that the ICO you are talking about does/will not run through the Byteball platform. Definitely the reason why it wasn't announced here. As I checked the whitepaper, there's NO indication about it, just mentioned that it will use the Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) just like Byteball.

Better to contact them directly if you have other concern about the said project

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hhugh

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:01:33 AM

Since there is no Sustainable Token thread and the whitepaper says it's an ICO on the Byteball platform, I'm in the right place.
Has anyone seen an official Byteball announcement about sustainabletoken.io? I've seen Tony make other official ICO announcements on this thread but I haven't seen one for this project.
I don't think you're in the right place as it seem that the ICO you are talking about does/will not run through the Byteball platform. Definitely the reason why it wasn't announced here. As I checked the whitepaper, there's NO indication about it, just mentioned that it will use the Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) just like Byteball.

Better to contact them directly if you have other concern about the said project

Got it thanks. Mayhaps I misread the whitepaper. That combined with seeing this asset led to the initial conclusion. https://byteball.market/#!/assets/xAA+dSzVuf+M6JA1P84acyzsIgpaIvuBqARy7FQlMz0=
Mastahh

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:06:40 AM

Hi, can somebody lent me 0.0005 GB, i need to prove my email, I will return back 0.001 Smiley
To this address: PKXAFBUOO5C5Z3CPGD6IBE3FSMK3RIPN
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:25:16 AM

Idea For A Sustainable Alternative To The Signature Campaign To Airdrop Remaining Bytes

I have been following Byteball for some time and I think the end of free coins just by holding the balance was the right decision. However, I do not like the new way to award coins for posts via a signature campaign. Apart from the fact that the benefit to the project should be limited, users who have high levels and probably already own Bytes are preferred. To get new users -- which should be the goal -- this way is rather not sustainable.

So I have another suggestion where everyone can participate and do something good. I have long been an active member of WorldCommunityGrid where you can leverage your free computing power for meaningful projects and research, e.g. fighting cancer and diseases, and other important things. The software of WorldCommunityGrid named BOINC (Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing) is quick and easy to install (all major operating systems and mobile phones are supported). Anyone can set up the software in a few minutes and contribute processing power.

My idea: why do not we start a WorldCommunityGrid (WCG) Byteball team. For calculating small tasks, participants receive WCG points automatically. Via a Byteball bot, members can connect their Byteball address with their WCG username, and then receive free bytes from the bot - say, once a week - depending on the amount of WCG points earned. WCG provides a simple API with which the data can be read into the Byteball DAG via an oracle.

The effort is not big. In principle, only the bot would have to be written. I would have liked to set the task, but unfortunately I'm not a great NodeJs programmer.

If possible, the bot could also accept donations, so that the campaign could also be supported by donations and not only by the remaining bytes to be distributed. I would give a donation myself.

Do good and get bytes!
What do you think about the idea?

This is a great idea!  We'll do it.

Wow, this is unexpected BUT great news, well done Tony.

I think WCG and Boinc will be a great adoption boost for BB, lots of new people will hear of byteball, maybe try and get BB used as a tipping currency in their community, give their moderators some balls to play with.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:25:21 AM

Hi, can somebody lent me 0.0005 GB, i need to prove my email, I will return back 0.001 Smiley
To this address: PKXAFBUOO5C5Z3CPGD6IBE3FSMK3RIPN

I will send some.

IckyYak22871

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:27:08 PM

Idea For A Sustainable Alternative To The Signature Campaign To Airdrop Remaining Bytes

I have been following Byteball for some time and I think the end of free coins just by holding the balance was the right decision. However, I do not like the new way to award coins for posts via a signature campaign. Apart from the fact that the benefit to the project should be limited, users who have high levels and probably already own Bytes are preferred. To get new users -- which should be the goal -- this way is rather not sustainable.

So I have another suggestion where everyone can participate and do something good. I have long been an active member of WorldCommunityGrid where you can leverage your free computing power for meaningful projects and research, e.g. fighting cancer and diseases, and other important things. The software of WorldCommunityGrid named BOINC (Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing) is quick and easy to install (all major operating systems and mobile phones are supported). Anyone can set up the software in a few minutes and contribute processing power.

My idea: why do not we start a WorldCommunityGrid (WCG) Byteball team. For calculating small tasks, participants receive WCG points automatically. Via a Byteball bot, members can connect their Byteball address with their WCG username, and then receive free bytes from the bot - say, once a week - depending on the amount of WCG points earned. WCG provides a simple API with which the data can be read into the Byteball DAG via an oracle.

The effort is not big. In principle, only the bot would have to be written. I would have liked to set the task, but unfortunately I'm not a great NodeJs programmer.

If possible, the bot could also accept donations, so that the campaign could also be supported by donations and not only by the remaining bytes to be distributed. I would give a donation myself.

Do good and get bytes!

This is a great idea!  We'll do it.

Ripple did this several years ago. This was fun, but they stopped it because this giveaway was gamed like hell by guys who had access to HPC clusters. I got a lot of XRP renting AWS compute instances Smiley

p2pGames

Activity: 159
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:08:49 PM

for this I believe it is better to make an investment bot. at any time the user deposits bytes on the deposit they are frozen and the funds are returned with interest for example in a month

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
vortexz
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:11:14 PM

the particular Airdrop Problem has been dealt with and I wont mind if it stops. Infact byteball given me stable profit for months without any risk
GiGa#

Activity: 31
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:29:08 PM

Ripple did this several years ago. This was fun, but they stopped it because this giveaway was gamed like hell by guys who had access to HPC clusters. I got a lot of XRP renting AWS compute instances Smiley

Did too.  This could be easily managed by only making payments to Byteball verified accounts (Jumio), and limiting the payouts to a reasonable amount of computing power. What Tony needs is a lot of people with small rigs, not a few people with huge rigs.
Alcibiades Agnes

Activity: 158

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 09:01:38 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2018, 09:11:47 PM by Alcibiades Agnes

Did too.  This could be easily managed by only making payments to Byteball verified accounts (Jumio), and limiting the payouts to a reasonable amount of computing power. What Tony needs is a lot of people with small rigs, not a few people with huge rigs.

Yes you maybe supporting bitcoin or litecoin mining indirectly or directly, behind the name of WCG.

I would stay away from it. It is burning electric power. Some of us support Byteball because it is enviromental friendly.

I would support it with a WCG Token, but not with Gbytes .
Jedgar

Activity: 219
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:16:38 PM

I think WCG and Boinc will be a great adoption boost for BB, lots of new people will hear of byteball, maybe try and get BB used as a tipping currency in their community, give their moderators some balls to play with.

Ordinary people never heard neither of WCG or Boinc therefore rest of BB will go to the hand of tech-savvy guys if such distribution will be adopted. This is in contradiction with the initial notion of mass distribution followed by TonyCH as those guys  are small fraction  of folk that could  be involved.

Infact byteball given me stable profit for months without any risk

Could you elaborate this. How does it come? The coin is in steady decline but gives you a profit.
SpacemanOne

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

icowidgets.com

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:30:05 PM

Infact byteball given me stable profit for months without any risk

Could you elaborate this. How does it come? The coin is in steady decline but gives you a profit.

Sorry, I'm not vortexz, but Byteball was distributed for free. Almost any price above zero is a profit.

ICOwidgets.com - ICO's and Their Ratings
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:37:47 PM

Do good and get bytes!

I don't really have a problem if people fire up aws instances and use the compute power for WCG and make some BB, up to a point it doesn't reduce the incentive for others to run one boinc on their personal PC. Ripple boinc giveaway ended up being a PR disaster  because they abruptly stopped the giveaway when people still had unused boinc credits to claim. That left a sour taste for me. Don't change the rules mid stream without good reason, and give people some advanced warning if you really need to change things.
Freefactomizer

Activity: 346
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:38:39 PM

Yes you maybe supporting bitcoin or litecoin mining indirectly or directly, behind the name of WCG.

I would stay away from it. It is burning electric power. Some of us support Byteball because it is enviromental friendly.

I would support it with a WCG Token, but not with Gbytes .

No way.
Only these projets run on WCG: https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/research/viewAllProjects.do
They are all serious and it's impossible that they make you mining a crypto.

🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈 -  Obyte Sport Betting Bot - 🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈
Alcibiades Agnes

Activity: 158

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 04:16:40 AM

Do good and get bytes!

I don't really have a problem if people fire up aws instances and use the compute power for WCG and make some BB, up to a point it doesn't reduce the incentive for others to run one boinc on their personal PC. Ripple boinc giveaway ended up being a PR disaster  because they abruptly stopped the giveaway when people still had unused boinc credits to claim. That left a sour taste for me. Don't change the rules mid stream without good reason, and give people some advanced warning if you really need to change things.

why we should give away gbytes to someone that don't ask it for. They won't value it. And they will sell right the moment you give them. That what happened to bitcoin holder.

Many people here complaied about the moon cancelation give away gbyte. And I think they are right. They are asking for it and they will valued, it is like interest payment.

Don't give it to someone else, give it to us. However to give 10 % every full moon, it is a lot for the market digest it.

I think give away every full moon should be re-intruduce at a 6 % a year. and pay 0.5 % every full moon to byteball holders. instead of Tony's team give away to someone else and  they don't plan to use it for marketing and research in our own dag project, which is new, and it may need more developers and testing.

My respect to Tony and his team.
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:43:33 AM

why we should give away gbytes to someone that don't ask it for. They won't value it. And they will sell right the moment you give them. That what happened to bitcoin holder.

Many people here complaied about the moon cancelation give away gbyte. And I think they are right. They are asking for it and they will valued, it is like interest payment.

The idea is to incentivize users to use the idle computing power of their computers for what appear to be good causes, by giving them bytes. As I see it, they are asking for it by registering and making their computer resources available.

Don't forget that Bitcoin holders were actually the first ones to get the bytes (for free).

Given the behavior of the market during the distribution period, the distributed amount was actually never enough of an incentive to hold. At each round, the price always dropped more than the percentage that was distributed.

There seems to be no right method of distribution, let's just give these new methods a shot.

m3ndi3

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:38:59 AM

Can there be an easy way for converting BlackByteballs in to Byteballs? We read about the bot straight in the customer
shinjikun

Activity: 36
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:57:06 AM

I have totally forgotten about WCG. I used to participate and do know why I stopped. Maybe I should stop drinking. But I will start to participate again and if I earn Bytes with it all the better.
(So many I's. But my english isn't good enough to write it better)
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 12:39:13 PM

Indacoin added Bytes some time ago https://indacoin.com/en_GB/change/buy-Bytes-with-cardusd
They allow to buy Bytes with Visa or Mastercard.
The fees are huge though.

Simplicity is beauty
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:19:37 PM

Can there be an easy way for converting BlackByteballs in to Byteballs? We read about the bot straight in the customer

it doesn't get any easier than that. there have been some OTC trading threads on here in the past and on slack, but the in client trading is the one. as far as i can tell the chances of them ever being on an exchange in the near future are slim.
Pages: « 1 ... 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 [905] 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: