Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:28:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Genesis Mining Presents: SGMiner-GM - now with Zawawa's GG! [Updated 17/01/2017]  (Read 140374 times)
qwep1

Activity: 610
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 08:49:40 AM

speed is low r9 390 only 80 sol Sad(
280x only 82

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▄▄
▄█████████▀▀          ▀▀█████████▄
██████▀▀        ▄▄        ▀▀██████
██████      ▄▄██████▄▄      ██████
██████    ██████████████    ██████
██████      ▀▀██████▀▀      ██████
██████          ▀▀        ▄▄██████
▀█████    ▄▄          ▄▄█████████▀
   ▀▀█    ████▄▄ ▄▄██████████▀▀
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
    KryptKoin rebranded to Phore   
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
PoS 3.0  -  Masternodes  -  Obfuscation

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
 ▄████████▀▀      ▀▀████████▄
▐█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▌
▐████       ▄▄██▄▄       ████▌
▐████    ▄██████████▄    ████▌
▐████    ████████████    ████▌
▐████    ▀██████████▀    ████▌
▐████       ▀▀██▀▀       ████▌
 ▀███                 ▄▄█████▌
    ▀    █▄▄      ▄▄████████▀
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oldDIN

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 10:31:58 AM

Understood nothing - W7-64  zmingw64

Configuration - file curses.h not found in sgminer-gm, although it is in the sgminer-gm\winbuild\dist\include

Well, do not curses
Configuration Options Summary:

Use git version......: yes
  libcurl(GBT+getwork).: Enabled: -LD:/Msys2/mingw64/lib -lcurl -lcurldll
  curses.TUI...........: User specified --without-curses. TUI support DISABLED
  OpenCL...............: FOUND. GPU mining support enabled
  ADL..................: SDK found, GPU monitoring support enabled

Compilation............: make (or gmake)
  CPPFLAGS.............:
  CFLAGS...............: -Ofast -msse2
  LDFLAGS..............:
  LDADD................:  -LD:/Msys2/mingw64/lib -lcurl -lcurldll submodules/jansson/src/.libs/libjansson.a -lwinpthread -lOpenCL   -lws2_32 -lm

Installation...........: make install (as root if needed, with 'su' or 'sudo')
  prefix...............: /mingw64

Make

In file included from ./logging.h:4:0,
                 from ocl/build_kernel.h:5,
                 from algorithm.h:12,
                 from miner.h:17,
                 from gbt-util.c:5:
./config.h:339:0: warning: "VERSION" redefined
 #define VERSION "5.5.4-gm"

In file included from gbt-util.c:5:0:
miner.h:8:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define VERSION GIT_VERSION

CCLD     sgminer.exe
D:/Msys2/mingw64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/6.2.0/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lcurldll
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

In the configuration of the library are listed as in the poppy is no longer found?
anatolikostis
Legendary

Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 03:17:08 PM

i got that one
sgminer 5.5.4-gm
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Options Summary:

Use git version......: yes
  libcurl(GBT+getwork).: Enabled: -Lc:/mingw/lib -lcurl -lcurldll
  curses.TUI...........: FOUND: -lpdcurses
  OpenCL...............: FOUND. GPU mining support enabled
  ADL..................: SDK found, GPU monitoring support enabled

Compilation............: make (or gmake)
  CPPFLAGS.............:
  CFLAGS...............: -O2 -msse2
  LDFLAGS..............:
  LDADD................:  -Lc:/mingw/lib -lcurl -lcurldll  submodules/jansson/src/.libs/libjansson.a -lpthread -lOpenCL   -lws2_32 -lm

Installation...........: make install (as root if needed, with 'su' or 'sudo')
  prefix...............: /usr/local
but it failes too  Sad
I wish I had an updated windows-build files to compile corectly, but it seems that devs just ignores it
oldDIN

Activity: 85

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 03:43:27 PM

I wish I had an updated windows-build files to compile corectly, but it seems that devs just ignores it
Yes, and the miner incomprehensible. Perhaps he only works with - ZCash  XMR Ethereum, since other algorithms miner produces delusions
maxmad_x

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 04:18:00 PM

The whole SGminer needs to go GUI approach.
Too many algorithms, too many options that are irrelevant to some algorithms while being important for others. Its just too messy.

SGminer depends greatly on CPU too. on intel dual core machines it sucks balls!! I love the concept but implementation, documentation and representation is miserable. They need to work on making it more user friendly
OhGodAGirl

Activity: 199
Merit: 108

Look, I'm really not that interesting. Promise.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 04:48:01 PM

Too many algorithms, too many options that are irrelevant to some algorithms while being important for others. Its just too messy.

SGminer depends greatly on CPU too. on intel dual core machines it sucks balls!! I love the concept but implementation, documentation and representation is miserable. They need to work on making it more user friendly

Hey maxmad_x,

I know you're frustrated. I'm sorry.

I am working on the documentation, as well as a GUI - it's in the roadmap.md

These things take time, and I know that's probably frustrating and not what you want to hear. But I'm committed to making SGMiner-GM the most user friendly piece of software out there. I just need your patience. I've gone ahead and added your 'feature' requests to the GitHub tracker (they were on my personal to-do list).

Yes, and the miner incomprehensible. Perhaps he only works with - ZCash  XMR Ethereum, since other algorithms miner produces delusions

It compiles correctly for Wolf0 and I; I will work on this.

No, we don't work with just Zcash, XMR, and Ethereum. It's just those are the main coins for this release.
Hutalar

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 04:59:57 PM

Why is so difficult to develop the sgminer for the ZCash? Can you just remove some optimisation from your own miner and then implement it in sgminer?
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 09:21:09 PM

THE LINUX BINARIES RUN WELL AND MINE ZCASH--

But the mining  algorithm for Zcash (ZEC) needs to be updated and optimized.  The algorithm mines at about 1/2 the speed of Optiminer and Claymore's ZEC mining engines.  BUT, I am sure that Wolf0 and OhGodAGirl can bring SGminer-GM up to speed soon.

For the brief while that I tested the miner, an 8GB Sapphire RX 470 OC mined at about 80Sols/s without errors.  The familiar SGminer statistic display was a joy to watch.

Please keep up the progress!       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
SunStruck

Activity: 676

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 09:32:43 PM

Great , thanks for this - getting around 100 sol/s with rx470 4gb
maxmad_x

Activity: 546

It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 09:37:53 PM

Hey maxmad_x,

These things take time, and I know that's probably frustrating and not what you want to hear. But I'm committed to making SGMiner-GM the most user friendly piece of software out there. I just need your patience. I've gone ahead and added your 'feature' requests to the GitHub tracker (they were on my personal to-do list).

No, we don't work with just Zcash, XMR, and Ethereum. It's just those are the main coins for this release.

I am really sorry for being a dick. I understand. I code myself mainly on genetic pipelines and it takes ages for making a pipeline of data such that other people can easily understand and use it. So plain and simple sorry Smiley

But I believe in competition. SGminer is probably the most versatile windows based GPU miner I have seen. I would like to see better softwares pushing limits on each front. So no hard feelings. Please accept my humble apologies
OhGodAGirl

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 01:15:21 AM

I am really sorry for being a dick. I understand. I code myself mainly on genetic pipelines and it takes ages for making a pipeline of data such that other people can easily understand and use it. So plain and simple sorry Smiley

But I believe in competition. SGminer is probably the most versatile windows based GPU miner I have seen. I would like to see better softwares pushing limits on each front. So no hard feelings. Please accept my humble apologies

Oh no, honey, you weren't a dick. Don't think that.

I'll do my very, very best to ensure we have monthly updates at the minimum.

I just want the community to understand that it is being worked on, actively. At least twelve hours a day on my end. It just takes time, because in addition to this, I have technical writing + pro bono stuff. Would it help if, maybe, I kept a sort of diary/journal showing what we accomplished for the day with SGMiner-GM?

THE LINUX BINARIES RUN WELL AND MINE ZCASH--

But the mining  algorithm for Zcash (ZEC) needs to be updated and optimized.  The algorithm mines at about 1/2 the speed of Optiminer and Claymore's ZEC mining engines.  BUT, I am sure that Wolf0 and OhGodAGirl can bring SGminer-GM up to speed soon.

For the brief while that I tested the miner, an 8GB Sapphire RX 470 OC mined at about 80Sols/s without errors.  The familiar SGminer statistic display was a joy to watch.

Please keep up the progress!       --scryptr

Thank you so much, scryptr. Your words always inspire us to keep going.

I'm going to work on updating ZEC to SA v5. In addition to that, I've been closely following zawawa and nerdralph's optimizations + ideas. I'm working to implement those.

Why is so difficult to develop the sgminer for the ZCash? Can you just remove some optimisation from your own miner and then implement it in sgminer?

Hm.

I want to imagine you're a junior copyeditor, and your boss slaps a giant textbook of notes. It was penned in medical shorthand - doctor chickenscratch.

You're going to have to take that textbook and translate it into plain English. Difficult, right?

On top of that, you have a bunch of new notes from another doctor - this one Scottish - that you also need to weave into the textbook. Lots of 'wae', 'nae', 'tae' and 'shite' (though that one's easy to figure out). It's still in chickenscratch, but you don't have many Scottish friends, so it takes you a while to decipher the sentence. Even worse, this doctor has really awful handwriting! Some of it just looks like poorly drawn waves to you.

Your boss keeps adding notes from other doctors - all different ethnicities and backgrounds, all different writing styles.

Starting to get the big picture?

Now, let's get a little more technical:

Programmers will now how annoying it is to maintain another coder's work. Especially if it's not properly commented. Well, sgminer-gm (and other versions) aren't. Commit messages didn't follow a proper convention (subject explains WHAT changed, body explains WHY); huge blocks of code have no comment, so you need to figure out what's going on; documentation was not updated; there are old dependencies; there are a few faults, and that happens when having a large, open source project.

Some kernels have unique ways of handling, for example, Stratum: let's look at cryptonight (Monero). There's a custom function in util.c (built by previous sgminer developers) called json_array_string() which makes a strdup() of the actual string buffer returned by jansson. Usually, we free() all those buffers. Well, cryptonight, for example, doesn't do that - it doesn't return an array, so we have to pull the string values straight out of jansson, rather than using the custom sgminer function.

Starting to see the difficulty? It takes a lot of analyzing HOW a kernel works, then looking at HOW you can think of putting this into SGMiner-GM in a way that won't break anything else. And believe me, breaking happens. Oh, and bugs. So many bugs. And then you have to test, test, test. On both Linux, and Windows. And testing a mining program isn't as simple as just running it, waiting a few moments, then calling it a good day; you need to let it treat it like you would a hardware stress test for stability.

Let's look at scanhash_opencl. This should not have any algorithm dependent code - but it does. A function pointer (that points to different kernel dispatch functions) needs to step out and dish out stuff, based on the algorithm. And the goto statements need to be removed. But there are a lot of them. A lot.

It's not as simple as just plugging in a line of code, either. So many files need to be changed. I want drag and drop kernel support, I really do, but...that won't happen. With SGMiner-GM, at least. Folks have probably snooped and found out what we're planning, but, that's a post for another time and potentially another place.
m0niker

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:54:40 AM

Hey maxmad_x,

Would you be willing to accept pull requests to the repo from someone not in the group? I like the open source approach
OhGodAGirl

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 06:55:43 AM

Would you be willing to accept pull requests to the repo from someone not in the group? I like the open source approach

Of course!
Shivoreun

Activity: 130

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 04:20:39 PM

Hi to community.
Please, help me to find out a some answers about ETH mining. My GPUs are PowerColor 7970 3Gb OC + MSI 7970 Lightning BE :

1. Is there anybody, who mining with 7970? What are your GPU/Mem clocks?
2. What are your Intensity / xIntensity /raw Intensity values?
3. Are you able to deal with HW errors? I feel, that there is something with the gpu/mem clocks + intensity values, but still can't find the correct ones Sad and my HW errors are almost twice as accepteds...

Will be gratefull for help.

P.S. Sorry for errors in English - it's not my native language...
bouc

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 07:32:45 PM

Hi to community.
Please, help me to find out a some answers about ETH mining. My GPUs are PowerColor 7970 3Gb OC + MSI 7970 Lightning BE :

1. Is there anybody, who mining with 7970? What are your GPU/Mem clocks?
2. What are your Intensity / xIntensity /raw Intensity values?
3. Are you able to deal with HW errors? I feel, that there is something with the gpu/mem clocks + intensity values, but still can't find the correct ones Sad and my HW errors are almost twice as accepteds...

Will be gratefull for help.

hi,
for my 280x, i'm using :
worksize 192
xintensity 1024
gpu-threads 1
gpu freq 1100
mem freq 1350

with this intensity, i got low hw errors, if I push the intensity, I win little more, but more hw errors... then
Shivoreun

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 03:52:22 PM

bouc
Thank you for info.

How many HW errors you get exactly? (for example during 1 hour of mining?)

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 04:30:43 PM

sense this miner shows whats really going on with the GPU over Clay more once this is back up to speed, I plan to use this miner to mine Zec till then I'm in the dark with the hardware errors and it make me wonder just how many CM causes at the high speeds it does . 

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
bouc

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 11:02:42 PM

bouc
Thank you for info.

about 25-30 per hour Smiley
Shivoreun

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:59:27 AM

bouc
Thank you for info.

about 25-30 per hour Smiley

Too many, IMHO Sad I've was unable to experiment yesterday-today, and left sgminer working with the 1100/1375 frequencies. After 19h of mining I have: accepteds - 405, HW - 288. So, nearly 50% of work is lost.
If I understanding correctly the process, the miner is working on a share, and if there is a HW error during calculation, all of the work on that share is lost, and the miner should begin from scratch. Taking into account, that calculation of one share takes a few minutes, we are loosing more than half of effectiveness Sad

BTW, Claymore's miner has the parameters "--cl-global-work", "--cl-local-work". What are the corresponding sgminer parameters? I suspect, that --cl-local-work <=> --worksize in sgminer?..

Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:32:56 PM

sense this miner shows whats really going on with the GPU over Clay more once this is back up to speed, I plan to use this miner to mine Zec till then I'm in the dark with the hardware errors and it make me wonder just how many CM causes at the high speeds it does .  

Yes, a lot of people get worked up over seeing a new measurement, in this case hardware errors. It really doesn't matter that much (unless you are getting loads of them) what matters is what the pool is showing. Shares submitted and accepted are what is paying your bills in the end. The local readings are useful for making minor adjustments to your settings, but they offer only an approximation of reality. As you alluded to, Claymore's miner may very well generate HW errors as well, but since these are not specifically displayed no one really cares.

Think of it much like your car speedometer (love car analogies). While you use your speedometer to adjust your speed while driving, it is probably not 100% accurate. If you think you are driving 58 in a 55 zone you may not feel uneasy passing that cop hiding out in the bushes. However if his radar says you were actually going 62 you might get a ticket. It won't mean much to him if your speedometer (hashrate) reading differs from his "official" reading, and he is really not going to be influenced one way or another if your check engine light (HW errors) happens to be on. Much the same way that pools don't really give a rats arse about your miner's displayed hash-rate or any HW errors. While these readings can be useful to adjust your miner's performance, what the pool cares about is how many submitted and accepted shares you contribute. If you can, run both miners with the same settings at a pool for equal amounts of time and compare these results. This is where the rubber meets the road so to speak. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: