Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:52:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Firo (FIRO) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup  (Read 662443 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
J_A_Bankster

Activity: 138
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:19:15 AM

Dev Team, can we have some clarity please? Above is being asked if coins will be lost... Is this possible? Can you assure that coins in any wallet (zcoin, Icoinomi, Bittrex etc) will be safe upon this algo change?

Please inform and explain what to be expected and what is going on right now.... Communication please

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 11:26:18 AM

Hey guys,

just a quick heads-up that Suprnova will stop supporting this coin when the algo switches (again), so make sure you've moved (the rest) of the hash over to poolingminehub !

Thanks

oc

Will i lose the coins i already mined?

No, simply withdraw them now

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Prima Primat

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:33:17 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2017, 04:51:49 PM by Prima Primat

I mean I don't know for sure what's going on either, but as long as the github page shows no merging of MTP code into the actual live wallet, I'm going to assume that the following will happen at block 47,500:

• nothing.

So it's kind of foolish to come up with all these nightmare scenarios of an MTP switch with no public GPU miners etc ("bloodbath", "windfall"... "armageddon"?), when in reality it seems that the auditing process has turned out more extensive than assumed and they're taking more time to make sure that there won't be any MTP exploits in the finished product... but are somehow still completely silent on it. (Aside from the one-sentence comment on extended deadlines)

But on this note:

Found & submitted another flaw in MTP: Argon2 segment sharing, described in http://blog.zorinaq.com/attacks-on-mtp/ along with my other submissions.

Thanks for continuing the good work! Smiley
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 07:09:25 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2017, 09:23:17 PM by mrb

Found yet another attack: Attack 4: Time-memory trade-off with 1/16th the memory, 2.88× the time

I see people talking about GPU vs CPU. In my opinion MTP clearly favors GPU. Initial implementations might put CPU at almost equal footing with GPU, but given enough time to optimize miners, GPUs will end up being clearly faster and more cost-effective than mining with CPUs.
J_A_Bankster

Activity: 138
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:13:05 PM

great yet another attack.... devs have some homework to do it seems...

We are less than 150 blocks from your ''self proclaimed'' most important innovation in crypto....basically the right of existence for Zcoin... and yet no answers here, no devs on Slack.. pure radio silence... So what will happen on 47.500 with fatal bugs left and right...?

This is hardly the time to disappear Devs... what is going on? Is there nobody in your team who suggests to speak up to your community at all??

Please respond and leave out nothing... explain what is going on please
fisheater

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:46:00 PM

Hey guys,

just a quick heads-up that Suprnova will stop supporting this coin when the algo switches (again), so make sure you've moved (the rest) of the hash over to poolingminehub !

Thanks

oc

man this is bad when a major mining pool left... why the heck Zcoin switch algo again? really no need.
Prima Primat

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:05:41 AM

great yet another attack.... devs have some homework to do it seems...

We are less than 150 blocks from your ''self proclaimed'' most important innovation in crypto....basically the right of existence for Zcoin... and yet no answers here, no devs on Slack.. pure radio silence... So what will happen on 47.500 with fatal bugs left and right...?

This is hardly the time to disappear Devs... what is going on? Is there nobody in your team who suggests to speak up to your community at all??

Please respond and leave out nothing... explain what is going on please

Lmao MTP isn't Zcoin's "right of existence". That's the zerocoin anonymity feature. MTP is just a nice POW algo that's supposed to bring better mining decentralization, but as long as Zcoin can be mined at all it'll be fine.
So in terms of raison d'être, it's better to watch out for Znodes which are an important step for zerocoin transaction scalability.
AND01

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:52:13 AM

Found yet another attack: Attack 4: Time-memory trade-off with 1/16th the memory, 2.88× the time

I see people talking about GPU vs CPU. In my opinion MTP clearly favors GPU. Initial implementations might put CPU at almost equal footing with GPU, but given enough time to optimize miners, GPUs will end up being clearly faster and more cost-effective than mining with CPUs.
Only by constantly modifying the defects, MTP can become stronger and stronger,Development team need to work hard, MTP defects are still a lot,
awill333

Activity: 225

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:24:01 AM

well since the value went up a bit i am attempting one last ditch effort to recover my zcoins. compiling their latest version now. since ya'll called me a liar i thought I would share a tiny snippet from the multiple pages full of warnings generated by libzerocoin and allies. so you think it is absolutely impossible for that to have lost my coins? so much that you will call me a liar and i have received no guidance or messages in my inbox from team ZERO coin. now i am a bit spiteful and I was over the topic but compiling the latest version has brought the creation of a followup on my previous posts. still waiting for a message from somebody who may wish to actually offer help not just a bad attitude.

if this is what the 'community' thinks of as professional software developers worthy of managing our resource and a multi million dollar network of cryptos something is very wrong with the logic.

-----------------------------------

^
src/main.cpp: In member function ?bool CTransaction::CheckTransaction(CValidationState&, uint256, bool, int) const?:
src/main.cpp:1213:118: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                         if (pubCoinItem.denomination == libzerocoin::ZQ_GOLDWASSER && pubCoinItem.id == pubcoinId && pubCoinItem.nHeight != -1) {
                                                                                                                      ^
src/main.cpp:1246:118: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                         if (pubCoinItem.denomination == libzerocoin::ZQ_GOLDWASSER && pubCoinItem.id == pubcoinId && pubCoinItem.nHeight != -1) {
                                                                                                                      ^
src/main.cpp:1289:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1296:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1323:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1399:115: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                         if (pubCoinItem.denomination == libzerocoin::ZQ_RACKOFF && pubCoinItem.id == pubcoinId && pubCoinItem.nHeight != -1) {
                                                                                                                   ^
src/main.cpp:1430:115: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                         if (pubCoinItem.denomination == libzerocoin::ZQ_RACKOFF && pubCoinItem.id == pubcoinId && pubCoinItem.nHeight != -1) {
                                                                                                                   ^
src/main.cpp:1472:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1479:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1506:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1582:116: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                         if (pubCoinItem.denomination == libzerocoin::ZQ_PEDERSEN && pubCoinItem.id == pubcoinId && pubCoinItem.nHeight != -1) {
                                                                                                                    ^
src/main.cpp:1615:116: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                         if (pubCoinItem.denomination == libzerocoin::ZQ_PEDERSEN && pubCoinItem.id == pubcoinId && pubCoinItem.nHeight != -1) {
                                                                                                                    ^
src/main.cpp:1657:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1664:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1691:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1767:118: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                         if (pubCoinItem.denomination == libzerocoin::ZQ_WILLIAMSON && pubCoinItem.id == pubcoinId && pubCoinItem.nHeight != -1) {
                                                                                                                      ^
src/main.cpp:1801:118: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                         if (pubCoinItem.denomination == libzerocoin::ZQ_WILLIAMSON && pubCoinItem.id == pubcoinId && pubCoinItem.nHeight != -1) {
                                                                                                                      ^
src/main.cpp:1843:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1850:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1877:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
In file included from src/libzerocoin/Zerocoin.h:52:0,
                 from src/libzerocoin/Commitment.cpp:14:
src/libzerocoin/Coin.h:52:43: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
  const CoinDenomination getDenomination() const;
                                           ^
In file included from src/libzerocoin/Zerocoin.h:54:0,
src/libzerocoin/Accumulator.h:61:43: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
                                           ^
In file included from src/libzerocoin/Zerocoin.h:56:0,
src/libzerocoin/CoinSpend.h:77:41: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
  const CoinDenomination getDenomination();
                                         ^
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -fstack-protector-all -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -std=c++11 -DBOOST_NO_CXX11_SCOPED_ENUMS -O2 -D_REENTRANT -fdiagnostics-show-option -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -Wstack-protector -fpermissive -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DSTATICLIB -DUSE_IPV6=1 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -DLINUX -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/json -Isrc/qt -Isrc/leveldb/include -Isrc/leveldb/helpers -Ibuild -Ibuild -o build/ParamGeneration.o src/libzerocoin/ParamGeneration.cpp
In file included from src/libzerocoin/../bignum.h:12:0,
                 from src/libzerocoin/Zerocoin.h:49,
                 from src/libzerocoin/ParamGeneration.cpp:13:
src/libzerocoin/../util.h:174:0: warning: "strprintf" redefined
 #define strprintf(format, ...) real_strprintf(format, 0, __VA_ARGS__)
 ^
In file included from src/libzerocoin/../util.h:18:0,
                 from src/libzerocoin/../bignum.h:12,
                 from src/libzerocoin/Zerocoin.h:49,
src/libzerocoin/../tinyformat.h:1011:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define strprintf tfm::format
 ^
In file included from src/libzerocoin/Zerocoin.h:52:0,
src/libzerocoin/Coin.h:52:43: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
                                           ^
In file included from src/libzerocoin/Zerocoin.h:54:0,
src/libzerocoin/Accumulator.h:61:43: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
                                           ^
In file included from src/libzerocoin/Zerocoin.h:56:0,
src/libzerocoin/CoinSpend.h:77:41: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
  const CoinDenomination getDenomination();
awill333

Activity: 225

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:37:48 AM

After reading this page I can see that there are people finally noticing that these guys are clowns/hacks. anybody who had compiled the source code should have seen that and known from obvious stupid mistakes that would have been fixed before release by any real programmers (all of the warnings, faulty comparisons, etc.) .. yes people wished for this thing to live so they spent all their money on zcoins. i sure did. and when i realized those 50 were gone i sold the all remaining very quick. i had 635 left and they were only worth $6.5 at the time. I paid more yet I could care less. my funds are in tact and the coin i put in has grown to almost double since.

i warned you all but you ignored me because you think i am a "newbie" cause this idiotic forum has me labeled as such. the fact is that i have been using computers since i was a small child and have plenty of practical experience. i am no longer a child if you could not have guessed but this is not about me at all. it is about the fact that when people show up with WARNINGS maybe some of you folks holding large amounts of ZCOIN should TAKE HEED and do your OWN RESEARCH instead of writing it off for FUD and lies. I am one of the most honest people you would ever encounter that is the hilarious IRONY of this whole situation.

the response from the devs (and the community) to me losing 50 coins is the same response that I warned you about that you should have listened and known these people are running scared and probably hacked the damn things (typo error) THEMSELVES>

yes enjoy and have a nice life I am done checking thread unless a zcoin dev messages my inbox to help me solve the 50 coins gone problem from mintzerocoin .

i dont expect much at this point they have much bigger issues.
nunu82

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:26:03 AM

After reading this page I can see that there are people finally noticing that these guys are clowns/hacks. anybody who had compiled the source code should have seen that and known from obvious stupid mistakes that would have been fixed before release by any real programmers (all of the warnings, faulty comparisons, etc.) .. yes people wished for this thing to live so they spent all their money on zcoins. i sure did. and when i realized those 50 were gone i sold the all remaining very quick. i had 635 left and they were only worth $6.5 at the time. I paid more yet I could care less. my funds are in tact and the coin i put in has grown to almost double since.

i warned you all but you ignored me because you think i am a "newbie" cause this idiotic forum has me labeled as such. the fact is that i have been using computers since i was a small child and have plenty of practical experience. i am no longer a child if you could not have guessed but this is not about me at all. it is about the fact that when people show up with WARNINGS maybe some of you folks holding large amounts of ZCOIN should TAKE HEED and do your OWN RESEARCH instead of writing it off for FUD and lies. I am one of the most honest people you would ever encounter that is the hilarious IRONY of this whole situation.

the response from the devs (and the community) to me losing 50 coins is the same response that I warned you about that you should have listened and known these people are running scared and probably hacked the damn things (typo error) THEMSELVES>

yes enjoy and have a nice life I am done checking thread unless a zcoin dev messages my inbox to help me solve the 50 coins gone problem from mintzerocoin .

i dont expect much at this point they have much bigger issues.

Did you try to export wallet on another computer (a windows vm for example)?
zcoinofficial (OP)

Activity: 985
Merit: 268

Firo (FIRO)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 11:48:59 AM

Core Upgrade - 13 August 2017

We are happy to announce that Zcoin is almost ready to be deployed on Bitcoin Core 0.13 and will be released soon. One of the benefits of being on a Bitcoin base means we can adopt benefits of Bitcoin improvements relatively easily.

The upgrade of the Bitcoin Core from 0.8 to 0.13 is a culmination of several months of work and improves on many aspects of Zcoin with node connection reliability and sync speeds drastically improved. Sections of the Zerocoin code had to be rewritten to accommodate the core upgrade and opens the door to a whole range of improvements that we can adopt from light wallets to hardware wallet integration.

Some other improvements from the core upgrade:

• Support for blockchain pruning
  • TX malleability fixes
  • Memory usage optimizations
  • Privacy: Stream isolation for Tor: This release adds functionality to create a new circuit for every peer connection, when the software is used with Tor. The new option, -proxyrandomize, is on by default.
  • Hierarchical Deterministic Key Generation
  • The core upgrade also allows us to work on implementation of Znodes. We will post an update once we upload the code on Github and also have the binaries available.

MTP

We are very pleased that has been a lot of academic debate on MTP the first being Dinur & Nadler's paper which we had patched a quick fix to it as a temporary solution. It was this paper that prompted us to launch our USD10,000 MTP Audit and USD2,500 MTP Implementation bounties to further encourage research into MTP and also prompted a slew of changes to our MTP code.

Since then, we have also been given a draft copy of research from Fabien Coelho at Zeronote Skunkworks that brings new memory hard PoW proposals to improve MTP and to counter known attacks to the scheme and is currently awaiting feedback from the authors of MTP.

We have also received on the 11 and 12th August several submissions from Marc Bevand to the  MTP bounty which require further investigation and also further scrutiny into the proposed fixes. You can view his submissions here which are currently being validated.

Alex Biryukov (one of the authors of MTP) has mentioned in light of Dinur & Nadler's paper, that MTP needs further work  and we have been informed that they are planning to continue work on MTP in September and October which aims to address these new academic papers and research and to further improve on MTP including proof size optimizations.

As such, although we are technically ready to migrate MTP in its current form to mainnet, in light of the above discoveries, the responsible thing to do is to hold off on deployment on mainnet until the revised paper is out and there is confirmation that the attack vectors are closed as opposed a temporarily patched MTP that will be almost certainly be changed again. We apologize for the late notification but it was not a decision we took lightly but we are thankful that the research came to light before deployment of MTP on main net.

MTP in its current form is completely functional and continues to be able to be tested on our Testnet. You can compile zcoind from our Github mtptest branch and also mine with its inbuilt miner. You can also ask from our Slack if you need binaries to the MTP testnet or get some testnet ZCoins.

You can view our Testnet explorer here: http://testnet.zcoin.io:3001/

We remain committed to MTP as long as it remains a viable PoW and we continue to refine our code to make it easier for third parties to work and read with. We thank you for your patience and understanding especially when developing cutting edge technology.

Firo: Implementing Lelantustechnology for financial privacy
firo.org
BCT | Telegram | Twitter | Reddit
mjosephs

Activity: 129

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:19:18 PM

MTP

As such, although we are technically ready to migrate MTP in its current form to mainnet, in light of the above discoveries, the responsible thing to do is to hold off on deployment on mainnet

Preimage to be revealed in the fullness of time.

Code:
$ sha256sum < message.txt 
7f90ef7d35240c6fa3a696823af7a8500361f741f9140336144b5c124728589e  -

AND01

Activity: 199

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:09:15 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2017, 05:47:22 AM by AND01

If the work progress in accordance with the current, MTP may be in November to launch the mainnet,waiting time is very long. According to the road map, this year also need to complete znode, this year's road map do not know whether to finish on time.
zcoinofficial (OP)

Firo (FIRO)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 10:55:36 AM

We hope this post sheds some light on the difference between IP protection and privacy on the blockchain.

https://zcoin.io/the-difference-between-privacy-on-the-blockchain-and-hiding-your-ip-address/

firo.org
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:03:02 AM

If the work progress in accordance with the current, MTP may be in November to launch the mainnet,waiting time is very long. According to the road map, this year also need to complete znode, this year's road map do not know whether to finish on time.

It's actually not that long of an ETA and it's totally worth the wait, better buy it now while it's cheap  Wink.
zcoinofficial (OP)

Firo (FIRO)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 07:55:42 AM

It's actually not that long of an ETA and it's totally worth the wait, better buy it now while it's cheap  Wink.

Note that MTP although reference design is 2 gb only, quoting Dmitry: The design goal of MTP is to create a PoW which would handle 4,6,8,10 GB fast enough (within a few seconds), which I think is impossible for CPU-based Equihash solvers.

firo.org
Bannedseller

Activity: 581
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:21:06 PM

We hope this post sheds some light on the difference between IP protection and privacy on the blockchain.

https://zcoin.io/the-difference-between-privacy-on-the-blockchain-and-hiding-your-ip-address/

Thanks for sharing this post about the difference between privacy on the blockchain and hiding your ip address. it's very good article
talikila

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:41:58 PM

Note that MTP although reference design is 2 gb only, quoting Dmitry: The design goal of MTP is to create a PoW which would handle 4,6,8,10 GB fast enough (within a few seconds), which I think is impossible for CPU-based Equihash solvers.

it's quite long for MTP officially released I'm really impatient for this coin. I just thought it was released one month ago.
I need the exact time for this algo? this delay will decrease the trust from the investors in the future.
jdh015232

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:47:48 PM

how come after a few days of finally catching up my wallet always falls out of sync and the network is too slow for it to ever catch back up, super annoying??
i literally just downloaded the full blockchain 2 days ago, it took 3 days, finally got it to sync, now its stuck again at block 47013
and i need to go through this whole 4 day process again?
why does this coin constantly get stuck ......
Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: