Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 07:53:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 [330] 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... 1135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX]  (Read 3426882 times)
HeaDeKBaT

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:52:28 PM

[If nVidia is really looking to miners, please tell them to get drama out of the way.

Nobody here fundamentally cares about marketing, drama, fanboyism,

I beg to differ. Mention nVidia on litecoinmining and similar subreddits and get laughed at. They don't even seem to care if their arguments are outdated or untrue. It's that bad, really. The only nVidia friendly community are the DOGE guys.

Christian

We kind of owned the Maxcoin launch and I'm pretty sure some people made thousands of dollars, all thanks to you. So I guess we're the ones laughing now...

AC: AZrfhrxTmeBJZuYv4bZBHbNnkgQHuA4Cy8
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:52:53 PM

[If nVidia is really looking to miners, please tell them to get drama out of the way.

Nobody here fundamentally cares about marketing, drama, fanboyism,

I beg to differ. Mention nVidia on litecoinmining and similar subreddits and get laughed at. They don't even seem to care if their arguments are outdated or untrue. It's that bad, really. The only nVidia friendly community are the DOGE guys.

Christian

Oh, I see. The underdog perspective...

Well, I love Nvidia gaming and Physx and devices that "just work", I'm looking at cuda (and NSight) motivated by your excellent effort, however they neglected integer instructions on their devices. It's not so bad because you're brilliant at making lemonade out of this lemon, not that it's Nvidia merit

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
robertogl

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:03:52 PM

Are you guys mining Microcoin with cudaminer? If so, could anyone link their .cmd settings?

cudaminer --algo=scrypt-jane:MRC -l K4x32 -C 0 -o stratum+tcp://site:1234 -u user.user -p pass

Mined MRC for 18 hours yesterday with 2 660 ti's and came up with half a million. Just sold 250,000 for 0.25 LTC. Normally I make .2 LTC in 24 hours Smiley

Plus I like the big big numbers...makes it feel like I'm actually doing something haha.
Anyone Solo Mining MRC?

How is your bat settings for solo mining?
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:07:24 PM

So what is everyone mining right now?

I am mining some MicroCoin at the moment because I find the coin has potential.

A newly setup rig for a friend is test-mining Yacoin on some low end cards until the six GTX 660Ti cards arrive.

Christian

Me too, Christian. But diff is almost double since few days. Harder to get MRC and the price still the same. Gonna hold it for a while and it will explode like VTC. Very nice coins.
Btw who still mining Maxcoin right now?
cbuchner1 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:20:08 PM

A good start would be a complete CUDA engine with "4.0+" capabilities. What's does that 4.0+ mean? A device that has uncrippled integer performance (my 760 is crippled because only on 3.5 there are shifters???  Roll Eyes) that without hardware assist already offers 500Kh/s scrypt for 200€ (compared with the 470Kh/s at 170€ for R9-270). That '+' means dedicated transistors for one or more SHA2 units (if I have a damn clue what I'm talking about  Tongue) and whatever other acceleration possible without being too costly.

Then, resale value and power usage. For resale value, perhaps video out is necessary. At worst I can still sell it as a used videocard, unlike those Tesla server units. Power usage means unlocked undervolting, power/performance profiles, etc...
What you want is some sort of asic build by nvidia... a graphic card without video out lol

these things already exist, as Tesla Compute cards. Wink

and the mining market seems to be asking for exactly this, minus the huge price tag.

Christian
cbuchner1 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:22:13 PM

Well, I love Nvidia gaming and Physx and devices that "just work", I'm looking at cuda (and NSight) motivated by your excellent effort, however they neglected integer instructions on their devices. It's not so bad because you're brilliant at making lemonade out of this lemon, not that it's Nvidia merit

the neglect for integer performance really makes a huge difference in the SHA256 and Keccak hashing (2 times performance difference on AMD vs nVidia single-GPU high end models) but it's much less of an impact with the memory-limited scrypt algorithm. Look how close the 780Ti gets to an R9 290X (in scrypt performance, not in price)

and the there's the upcoming product launch of the Maxwell chip generation. Just wait for it (one more week).

Christian
bigjme

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:23:09 PM

We want one of these cases
http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Cases/Bitcoin+Frames/BitCoin%2FAltcoin+Scrypt+Mining+Rig+Frame+-+8x+GPU+?productId=59694

And some nice gpus, either high power, or lower power with huge memory. Mix and match for good scrypt, and scrypt-jane

Owner of: cudamining.co.uk
cbuchner1 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:25:32 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 07:37:24 PM by cbuchner1

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Cases/Bitcoin+Frames/BitCoin%2FAltcoin+Scrypt+Mining+Rig+Frame+-+8x+GPU+?productId=59694

And some nice gpus, either high power, or lower power with huge memory. Mix and match for good scrypt, and scrypt-jane

I want more than one GPU per card primarily. See ASUS MARS, for example. Except it should be a little more high end than this. Or a little more power efficient. Or both.

The concept also worked fabulously with the 7990 dual GPU models, which are the best scrypt miners to date.
cbuchner1 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:28:02 PM

Harder to get MRC and the price still the same. Gonna hold it for a while and it will explode like VTC. Very nice coins.

I bought some VTC at 0.005 and now they're at 0.004. Hmm

MRC: my stash is at 32 millions now. Good that I mined them while they were still easy Wink

Maxcoin: don't even mention... This currency is done for.  Ah, the memories of good times.

Christian

ThomasMuller

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:34:33 PM

Mined MRC for 18 hours yesterday with 2 660 ti's and came up with half a million. Just sold 250,000 for 0.25 LTC. Normally I make .2 LTC in 24 hours Smiley

Plus I like the big big numbers...makes it feel like I'm actually doing something haha.
Anyone Solo Mining MRC?

awesome, sorry my ignorance, are you mining solo? and would you be able to share your setup? I'm still in the research phase, I'm wondering if it is really profitable after all the electricity, etc. 0.2 LTC does not sound very profitable to pay bills.

debido666

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:36:45 PM

Harder to get MRC and the price still the same. Gonna hold it for a while and it will explode like VTC. Very nice coins.

MRC: my stash is at 32 millions now. Good that I mined them while they were still easy Wink

Maxcoin: don't even mention... This currency is done for.  Ah, the memories of good times.

Christian

Christian, should I sell? Got 10 of them. :-) Maxcoins that is...
AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:54:14 PM

Maxcoin: don't even mention... This currency is done for.  Ah, the memories of good times.

Christian

I don't think so. It is still profitable if you mine with AMDs. And it requires less power. VTC will rise again. Now everything goes slowly because bad news with BTC. But next week after bitstamp back to normal it will back again.
I got 18mil MRCs after 3 days. It's much harder now. IMO scrypt coins are done for. Even DOGE will die.
I_M

Activity: 135

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:06:12 PM

I want more than one GPU per card primarily. See ASUS MARS, for example. Except it should be a little more high end than this. Or a little more power efficient. Or both.

The concept also worked fabulously with the 7990 dual GPU models, which are the best scrypt miners to date.

I am lookingforward to the performance figures of the 790 coming out soon.
Morgahl

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:06:58 PM

Anyone here in my thread mining not just for fun, but seriously for profit as well?  Having a farms of AMD cards in your garage or basement?

nVidia is looking to get in touch with miners to interview them about their expectations for mining related products.  Just be aware that you would be helping nVidia with your information and not your favorite GPU manufacturer AMD Wink

PM me with a brief summary of what you're mining and how and I can get you in touch.

If nVidia is really looking to miners, please tell them to get drama out of the way.

Nobody here fundamentally cares about marketing, drama, fanboyism, "favorite GPU manufacturers", divide and conquer to put people into camps and everything Nvidia is used to. I could go on saying that yes, so does AMD and Intel, Ubuntu vs Windows is equally idiotic and much more. The fact that "so do others", does not invalidate the point.

Coin mining is not about NVidia, PC gaming or Ubuntu. What matters is the point of view of the miner: ROI, hassle-free, getting out of the way, etc... I will buy Nvidia devices if it's the best for me, not for them.

Your last points here are exactly what they would want to hear from you and are probably the entire basis of this attempt to reach out in general.

It would let them decide if an update to CUDA 4.0+ would be the best approach or if they should look into more miner specific hardware designs tha can retain a level of flexibility to run different algo's.

Your concerns mentioned earlier are worth mentioning to them as well. They are valid points and can really assist NVidia in marketing this in a manner best for all miners. That said, there IS going to have to be a  "Look what we can do!!" approach to things... if they don't do it no seriously invested miner is going to take them seriously. This means you WILL see an "NVidia is better campaign" it's inevitable when entering a market you are not a big player in yet.
debido666

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:07:30 PM

Christian

I don't think so. It is still profitable if you mine with AMDs. And it requires less power. VTC will rise again. Now everything goes slowly because bad news with BTC. But next week after bitstamp back to normal it will back again.
I got 18mil MRCs after 3 days. It's much harder now. IMO scrypt coins are done for. Even DOGE will die.

Yeah, doing Max, Dodge and Vert.

And there's this about Max.

http://forum.qrk.cc/thread/1730/started-war-maxcoin-max-kaiser
http://forum.max-coin.net/index.php/topic,42.0.html

ivanlabrie

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:08:41 PM

Maxcoin: don't even mention... This currency is done for.  Ah, the memories of good times.

Christian

Christian, should I sell? Got 10 of them. :-) Maxcoins that is...

I think so...I dump mine, at or over 0.001.
coolisbad

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:12:36 PM

So what is everyone mining right now?

I am mining some MicroCoin at the moment because I find the coin has potential.

A newly setup rig for a friend is test-mining Yacoin on some low end cards until the six GTX 660Ti cards arrive.

Christian

I'm on microcoin too, doing almost 200 KHps with a GTX660. That's around 180 kMRC /day (4 to 5 mBTC at the going rates on poloniex). Still better profit than MAX. Smiley

I wonder though if I got the settings right (--algo=scrypt-jane:MRC -d gtx660 -i 0 -H 2 -m 1 -s 1 -C 0)
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:17:38 PM

Anyone here in my thread mining not just for fun, but seriously for profit as well?  Having a farms of AMD cards in your garage or basement?

nVidia is looking to get in touch with miners to interview them about their expectations for mining related products.  Just be aware that you would be helping nVidia with your information and not your favorite GPU manufacturer AMD Wink

PM me with a brief summary of what you're mining and how and I can get you in touch.

If nVidia is really looking to miners, please tell them to get drama out of the way.

Nobody here fundamentally cares about marketing, drama, fanboyism, "favorite GPU manufacturers", divide and conquer to put people into camps and everything Nvidia is used to. I could go on saying that yes, so does AMD and Intel, Ubuntu vs Windows is equally idiotic and much more. The fact that "so do others", does not invalidate the point.

Coin mining is not about NVidia, PC gaming or Ubuntu. What matters is the point of view of the miner: ROI, hassle-free, getting out of the way, etc... I will buy Nvidia devices if it's the best for me, not for them.

Your last points here are exactly what they would want to hear from you and are probably the entire basis of this attempt to reach out in general.

It would let them decide if an update to CUDA 4.0+ would be the best approach or if they should look into more miner specific hardware designs tha can retain a level of flexibility to run different algo's.

Your concerns mentioned earlier are worth mentioning to them as well. They are valid points and can really assist NVidia in marketing this in a manner best for all miners. That said, there IS going to have to be a  "Look what we can do!!" approach to things... if they don't do it no seriously invested miner is going to take them seriously. This means you WILL see an "NVidia is better campaign" it's inevitable when entering a market you are not a big player in yet.
Yes, of course there is going to be a "the way it is supposed to be mined" campaign and they want to be profitable shovel sellers. However I expect to pay for substance, not for marketing.

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Legionnairez

Activity: 163

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:19:50 PM

Quote from: ThomasMuller

A good software engineer like Chris costs at least $85/hour in the US. I don't think that the bounty being offered here is fair! You guys made tons of money and based on the donations seen here the developer did not make more than $500 dollars. If writing software was easy then the cost of Bitcoin solutions would be lower including the cost of asics.

To be fair the bounty for this type of work should be 10 BTC or equivalent in LTC.
I think you misunderstood me a bit - this wasn't directed to Christian directly.
I made 15€ with maxcoin, so I think your idea of "tons of money" is different than mine Smiley
However I see your point there - it's not much of a offering on individual level. The idea would be to gather hundreds of people willing to donate.
I think I'm backing out from organizing this for a couple of reasons, biggest being that no one would seriously give it out to the community if they can create it in all silence, split their hashing power to multiple pools (assuming it would work in ordinary pools) to avoid detection and just keep mining for months with huge profits. You wouldn't sell it for 10 BTC, you could milk out much, much more if you'd keep it steady and silent instead of hashing at one pool with 100x better speed than the other guy = )
chapmanjw

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 08:21:38 PM

A good start would be a complete CUDA engine with "4.0+" capabilities. What's does that 4.0+ mean? A device that has uncrippled integer performance (my 760 is crippled because only on 3.5 there are shifters???  Roll Eyes) that without hardware assist already offers 500Kh/s scrypt for 200€ (compared with the 470Kh/s at 170€ for R9-270). That '+' means dedicated transistors for one or more SHA2 units (if I have a damn clue what I'm talking about  Tongue) and whatever other acceleration possible without being too costly.

Then, resale value and power usage. For resale value, perhaps video out is necessary. At worst I can still sell it as a used videocard, unlike those Tesla server units. Power usage means unlocked undervolting, power/performance profiles, etc...
What you want is some sort of asic build by nvidia... a graphic card without video out lol

these things already exist, as Tesla Compute cards. Wink

and the mining market seems to be asking for exactly this, minus the huge price tag.

Christian

I'd totally fill a PC with Tesla K40's if they weren't $5k each: http://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-900-22081-2250-000-Active-Computing-Processor/dp/B00GR8FHB6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392236445&sr=8-1&keywords=tesla+k40
Pages: « 1 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 [330] 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... 1135 »
  Print  

Jump to: