Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:25:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 01:10:19 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2013, 01:27:54 AM by zedicus

gage u dont mine??? coz u seem like u no a hell of a lot bwt bitcoin and ur very thorough, tbh i really appreciate you delving into kncminer. bt i am very curious as to y u dont mine, do u jus buy bitcoins wen their at a decent price mayb?

Mining is a tad too technical for my taste, coupled with the time it would take me away from my barn wood business. I have sold some leather items and purchased a few coins, slowly building up a nice nest egg. Unfortunately, I opted to store them all on InstaWallet, where Boussac was kind enough to stick it up my ass for inquiring about a police report. In essence, I'm now Bitcoin-poor after champion InstaWallet when Davout put me at ease that all is swell at IWland.

I never lost bitcoins via any other service, although I'm out $20K+ indirectly due to the Bitcoinica fiasco, all because I turned one guy onto Bitcoin here in Sandwich, whereupon he opted to have his daughter invest in Bitcoin via Bitcoinica after me assuring him that they seemed up-and-up. I went overboard in my postings afterward due to that episode causing my ignore to turn orange.

Yet, here I am still trying to make sure nobody gets scammed, but at a heavy toll.

Madness!

Thats unreal man.. i was speed reading through a thread about the subject ... the thread was regarding zhoutong and im not to sure i grasped fully what happened but im really sorry to hear that you sustained losses from it.  Especially in that amount.. thats just unbelievable.. i would have went ballistic! My heart sank when i was reading what you wrote and now i understand... your position. A heavy toll indeed.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:20:20 AM

gage u dont mine??? coz u seem like u no a hell of a lot bwt bitcoin and ur very thorough, tbh i really appreciate you delving into kncminer. bt i am very curious as to y u dont mine, do u jus buy bitcoins wen their at a decent price mayb?

Mining is a tad too technical for my taste, coupled with the time it would take me away from my barn wood business. I have sold some leather items and purchased a few coins, slowly building up a nice nest egg. Unfortunately, I opted to store them all on InstaWallet, where Boussac was kind enough to stick it up my ass for inquiring about a police report. In essence, I'm now Bitcoin-poor after champion InstaWallet when Davout put me at ease that all is swell at IWland.

I never lost bitcoins via any other service, although I'm out $20K+ indirectly due to the Bitcoinica fiasco, all because I turned one guy onto Bitcoin here in Sandwich, whereupon he opted to have his daughter invest in Bitcoin via Bitcoinica after me assuring him that they seemed up-and-up. I went overboard in my postings afterward due to that episode causing my ignore to turn orange.

Yet, here I am still trying to make sure nobody gets scammed, but at a heavy toll.

Madness!
you buy barns?

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 03:32:06 AM

Madness!
you buy barns?

Yes, but most of the time I purchase only the wood from my pickers.

In re. mining: I guess it is fairly straightforward, but I'm under the impression that the hardware running the mines would need a watchful eye on everything, thus time is more of an issue than anything else I guess. Electricity cost, place to mine, and having enough power for a farm are not issues where I'm located.

Case in point, I could easily rent a trailer with all utilities paid at a campsite for only $300 per month, and they wouldn't have a clue as to why there's a small spike in their overall electric bill, even if they cared, considering there's over 100 trailers there.. I thought about setting up my younger brother in such a setup, but opted to just amass bitcoins and store them securely at InstaWallet. In theory, it worked out pretty well until April Fool's Day, that is. But come after July 1, all will be well as promised, just like all the other hacks that worked out.  Roll Eyes

Enough of the asides, with apologies.

How is it that two guys who claim on their LinkedIn pages they work for Kennemar & Cole AB, yet none of the following websites were live on the internet according to archive.org, of which just recently started indexing pages within days oppose to earlier it took approximately six months for sites to show up?: magnussoncoleit.com; magnussoncoleit.se; kennemarandcole.com; kennemarandcole.se; kandc.se. Check it out yourself on archive.org and see that the only pages archived are for April of this year, yet this was their major business concern.

Also, you'll see that they're all in well-polished English--not Swedish, though Chinese is a translation option. I believe that these were part of a shelf/shell company(s).

Until recently, Kennemar and Cole's Google+ accounts only linked to each other, now they both have the same bitcoiners following them.

On their FaceBook accounts, neither one of them ever acknowledges their previous business concern, yet it's this enterprise that they want us to believe gives them cred to KNCMiner.

Claiming to team up with ORSoC opens up another can of worms considering that folks who work there are well versed with Bitcoin.

Somebody is lying here, and it doesn't matter which one, for they're pressing forward with their plans to build ASIC-based bitcoin miners under false pretense, of which neither entity has come forward to present their case that I'm off my rocker (with proof provided to said in an off-topic whimsical thread I recently started--an oops moment).
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:34:23 AM

if we do not have any Substantial Concrete news by this month end .. to proof they are taking action practically and not just talk and talk..and talk ..this project of theirs may not materialize at all and maybe the op could just closed this thread and not waste our time and hope on them. How on earth they are going to succeed if they only work 8 hours a day and 5 days a week? while the competitor overseas is working 24 hours a day by shifts and 7 days a week. To them maybe speed and timing  is not reverent. Wow, thing of it maybe I should move to Sweden..  Smiley
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:00:08 AM

In the defense of whatever company (KNCminer in this case): What do they 'owe' this community? Are they obligated to answer questions about a non launched product?
They haven't even launched yet and aren't even taking pre-orders!

Damn people, stop acting like entitled children. IF they have a product I assume they will have info when it's due. If not, who cares!

Jeez, do something useful with your time.
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 04:20:51 AM

In the defense of whatever company (KNCminer in this case): What do they 'owe' this community? Are they obligated to answer questions about a non launched product?

Damn people, stop acting like entitled children. IF they have a product I assume they will have info when it's due. If not, who cares!

"In the defense BFL: What do they 'owe' this community? Are they obligated to answer questions about a non launched product?
They haven't even launched yet ..."

Cheesy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
dan99

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:31:06 AM

"In the defense Primaasic, galaxyasic, bigtimecoin, buyasic, cedartech, gxmining, dragonasic and probably many more wannabe: What do they 'owe' this community? Are they obligated to answer questions about a non launched product?
They haven't even launched yet ..."

Cheesy Smiley
pizza

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:58:19 AM

Incase you all missed it they emailed me back saying they are going to announce something by end of this week. 60 pages go!!
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 06:58:43 AM

Ok, today I met orsoc CEO Johan personally and I can confirm 100% this is not a scam

He is interested in bitcoin and knows a lot about it. He acknowledged that they have been discussing this product offering with kncminer for weeks and there will be news published later this week

They will have a more concrete technical specification for the product soon

Yea but when will anything be released? 2 months? 5 months? 12 months?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
chipd

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:00:52 AM

Ok, today I met orsoc CEO Johan personally and I can confirm 100% this is not a scam

He is interested in bitcoin and knows a lot about it. He acknowledged that they have been discussing this product offering with kncminer for weeks and there will be news published later this week

In due time.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 07:07:09 AM

I can predict what will happen. They'll eventually start asking for money before they are made. That alone will deter lots of people.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 08:04:32 AM

I can predict what will happen. They'll eventually start asking for money before they are made. That alone will deter lots of people most of the seasoned bitcoiners, but not the newbies.

FTFY
dan99

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:19:20 AM

Anything more than 2 months is just not worth our time and besides that we need guarantee of delivery time.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:20:30 AM

So you saw their hardware design already, their office, their detailed specs and the previous bitcoin hardware they have already made?
Or was he just some convincing random guy you happened to meet? Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
chipd

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:25:00 AM

Anything more than 2 months is just not worth our time and besides that we need guarantee of delivery time.

Being realistic I'd say: not going to happen.
chipd

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:34:25 AM

So you saw their hardware design already, their office, their detailed specs and the previous bitcoin hardware they have already made?

You think Apple CEO would show you any hardware designs or their offices if you ask (my company doesn't let any external person to enter the office, we have external meeting rooms)?
But if you google the company name and his name I'm sure you'll find pictures of both himself as well as previous products the last 5-10 years. Wink
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:24:12 AM

You think Apple CEO would show you any hardware designs or their offices if you ask (my company doesn't let any external person to enter the office, we have external meeting rooms)?
But if you google the company name and his name I'm sure you'll find pictures of both himself as well as previous products the last 5-10 years. Wink

First of all Apple doesn't have to proove anything. knc has. Second they could at least tell "hey we are using XX nm tech" I don't think that would ruin anything considering we already have asics at 130nm, 110nm, 65nm, 22nm(?).

Aggrophobia
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:28:33 AM

got an email

" KnCMiner product information

After launching our website just a few weeks ago we have had an overwhelming response. This has been highly valuable in many ways and we encourage you to continue to give us as much feedback as you already have been doing.

Today we are presenting more technical information about our products and services, which we will be offering from now until the start of the autumn. One of the key issues that has come out of the last few days is the issue of trust. We are fully aware that trust must be earned and this is why we are providing you with as much information as we can. Allowing you to make an informed decision about any future purchases.

We are announcing two devices today, Mars and Jupiter. We understand that the Mars product is not ground breaking but we are launching it to show our work so it can be publicly validated by as many people as possible. Our new Jupiter product is groundbreaking and we are sure you will soon agree contains some impressive specifications. The main focus of the information we have available today will be around the following:

Our first mining product which is a 6 GH/s device called Mars
    Our second mining product hashing at a minimum of 250 GH/s called Jupiter."
Sparks

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:33:17 AM

$ 2,795.00 for 6 GH FPGA? Hmmm  Shocked
$ 7,000.00 for 250 GH ASIC(?) seems much better deal...
chipd

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:37:55 AM

First of all Apple doesn't have to proove anything. knc has. Second they could at least tell "hey we are using XX nm tech" I don't think that would ruin anything considering we already have asics at 130nm, 110nm, 65nm, 22nm(?).

Kano didn't talk about KNC, he talked about the meet with ORSoC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: