Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:03:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:10:46 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 03:06:40 PM by Bitcoinorama

On paper I have more confidence attributed to two guys operating a registered company with years of both tech and financial backgrounds that openly share who they are and listen to their potential customers, as well as a long standing personal interest in mining bitcoins for themselves and an interest in modding that have partnered with a well known respected pcb and chip manufacturer with a decade's experience, capable of manufacture on-site on their doorstep with a proven solid history of FPGA and ASIC development, that also happen to operate the largest open source forum in that discipline and be located in Europe where I can physically check them out. Plus I have more faith in European companies than US, Middle East, or Asian or wherever else the restaurant are located. That said, Avalon definitely surprised me.

I don't see another potential better offer. Also, I'm not just going to think of a suggestion such as a Litecoin FPGA and sit on it (KNC suggested they had the intention of creating a Bitcoin FPGA). There's a finite window of opportunity to get a head start or just follow the heard.

In practice, with companies like BFL who have history and Avalon who have managed to deliver struggling to develop and continue to deliver; I won't be spending any cash without seeing a fully operational prototype, guaranteed ability to deliver and payment accepted through PayPal within 45 days of delivery (buyer protection) or in person cash on delivery as opposed to payment via an anonymous currency for an unproven product.

Common bloody sense which seems to be thrown out on the window by other desperate and greedy kids on this forum. KNC has not proven anything yet aside from their intention to work with a reputable manufacturer, and if anything does begin to raise suspicion I will certainly change my stance. For now, whilst they determine their offer and aren't requesting payment I'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt and remain optimistic. I'm fully abreast of what is currently happening on the DIY front with Avalon's bulk chips as I'm sure KNC and ORSoC know what they are up against. That's the benchmark, not BFL!

The whole point of the forum in this case is to share constructive ideas and apply a little pressure, whilst letting companies know what is, and what isn't acceptable, in turn educating eachother. The companies know their capabilities and can can respond with want is realistically feasible and achievable and in what timeframe. Members educate themselves on what is likely to be a decent investment and how to securely safeguard their funds in the process. Companies gain all the custom they want with minimal advertising expenditure, plus tailor products bespoke for their customers wants and needs. This should be win-win for all concerned.

--
And actually If you delve further I originally joined the board to call out Asigrigs.com, as they claimed to be from the UK and if legit I could check them out in person. They have been called upon, yet despite promising not to take funds without a working prototype, have a website accepting payment in bitcoins and are not developing or delivering anything to anyone. That does not fit in with what I underlined above and lo and behold ASICrigs.com are fraudulently deceiving the naive.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:11:32 PM

I don't think I've seen anything regarding that, anyone know if they addressed the request to make the FPGA miner an LTC miner?

If they think they can do it, that actually sounds awesome. Even if that adds up a bit of delay.

Dude, have you read even a few posts above, go check their homepage and vote.

KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:20:33 PM

Anything can happen between now and delivery. While I have no faith in KnC right now, their partner is serious. Which still doesn't mean KnC is viable.

As I said: samples first.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:21:50 PM

Anything can happen between now and delivery. While I have no faith in KnC right now, their partner is serious. Which still doesn't mean KnC is viable.

Totally agree.

Mats8500

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:53:35 PM

I don't think I've seen anything regarding that, anyone know if they addressed the request to make the FPGA miner an LTC miner?

If they think they can do it, that actually sounds awesome. Even if that adds up a bit of delay.

Dude,

I did read most post here. I might have skipped a part without noticing but what I read here, is that actually everyone want them to do an litecoin fpga miner.

Did you even notice there is 49 pages of posts?
1krona

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:12:38 PM

It would be really cool if they went through and made an Litecoin-miner, but aren´t litecoin suppose to be "immune" from ASICs and FPGA? I´m sure I´ve read that somewhere just a few days ago.
If they could go through and making a Litecoin ASIC/FPGA without loosing focus on their 250 gH/s bitcoin device it would be awesome, but i´m not sure they could do that..

Quick delivery of their 250 gH/s device is way more important if you ask me.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:47:27 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 09:52:46 PM by Bitcoinorama

Dude,

I did read most post here. I might have skipped a part without noticing but what I read here, is that actually everyone want them to do an litecoin fpga miner.

Did you even notice there is 49 pages of posts?

There's no Litecoin FPGA because the memory requirement scrypt mining has.

FPGA for Litecoin is feasible, but it's not been done yet. You need to add a DDR module to the FPGA board hence Litecoin mining isn't transferable to current FPGAs and relies on AMD Cards with plenty of memory. There is a few threads on this forum attempting it. It's Litecoin mining's logical progression, so why not be the first if you have the capabilities?

ORSoC has the capability to easily achieve this, and their Opencores forum could share it with other DIY Litecoin miners.

Litecoin's hashrate is low enough without as much competition for the first to market to have a fast ROI.

KNC want to release a 6Gh/s FPGA miner whilst they develop their bitcoin monster ASIC. 6Gh/s is about to rapidly loose it's completeness in Bitcoin mining, especially at an outlay of $2,695.

A decent profit will be made during the interim whilst other miners evolve and the hashrate increases, and thus Litecoin becomes more secure. That hashrate will rise less rapidly than Bitcoin's due to lack of inital competition.

Mt Gox has publicly confirmed last week litecoin mining is to trade on their exchange = much more liquidity in buying and selling as people want to diversify risk.

Litecoin a price is pretty stable in comparison and pegged somewhat proportionately to Bitcoins.

It's the most popular alternative crypto currency with good reason and rewards it's miners.

KNC can allow it's initial investors to profit whilst they support the company in producing a more efficient ASIC chip and create a profitable high powered miner.

It just makes more sence for both parties. Diversify's risk, increases ROI, becomes an FPGA first as well as allows KNC/ORSoC to show what they're capable of to the community and let them make their mark.

I'm happy within the bounderies of seeing working protoypes and paypal payment to take one whilst waiting for my KNC Bitcoin ASIC with their $2k off deal.

KNC has said they can create an FPGA pretty quick, the ASIC is scheduled for early Autumn (which to me is August - mid-Sept latest). Sooner the better obviously, but I'd rather they under promised and over delivered. After BFL's debacle I'd rather they state a date they know they can have a finished product by as opposed to may have a finished product by.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:13:33 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=172164.0

And

http://www.blockburner.net/faq/

dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:24:18 AM

Yes We have to admit everyone fuel on faith is running low, without some functioning models with videos and photo
how are we going to trusts them, I feel that they will still come out with Mars FPGA and will still sell at $2795 for bitcoin
mining which will not get anyone to buy period and probably closed shop. The Litecoin FPGA may not come out at all because they expertise is in bitcoin. So, unless they come out with the 250gh/s or else Kncminer only talk and talk with no action. If I were them go
get 10k of avalon or asicminer chips/if they are selling  and clone the hell out of  them. Copy and innovate and improve
that is what the Japanese are good at .. Don't try to re-invent the freaking wheel , they will takes ages and costs a fortune.
KS

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:32:34 AM

Yes We have to admit everyone fuel on faith is running low, without some functioning models with videos and photo
how are we going to trusts them, I feel that they will still come out with Mars FPGA and will still sell at $2795 for bitcoin
mining which will not get anyone to buy period and probably closed shop. The Litecoin FPGA may not come out at all because they expertise is in bitcoin. So, unless they come out with the 250gh/s or else Kncminer only talk and talk with no action. If I were them go
get 10k of avalon or asicminer chips/if they are selling  and clone the hell out of  them. Copy and innovate and improve
that is what the Japanese are good at .. Don't try to re-invent the freaking wheel , they will takes ages and costs a fortune.

The price is not bad it they deliver right now, but they're not shipping. I wonder how much cash they have to burn,in case they don't sell well.

If it were out the door now I'd already have bought 5 or 6 though...to wait for the ASICs later in the year.
chaxattack

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:45:46 AM

kncminer.com is now all ssl'ed up  Wink
KS

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:55:53 AM

kncminer.com is now all ssl'ed up  Wink

yes, very signed Smiley

but they could still take your money and go bankrupt before delivering. (shit happens)
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:48:54 AM

ya, i will also probably get a couple of those 250gh/s if they are shipping now Grin
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:36:42 AM

Should be an update tomorrow.

There's been enough time for them to knock heads and outline specifically what their intention is, how they plan achieve it and by when. Not an optimistic BFL when, but a definitely achievable when.

If serious, there should also be some concrete evidence of practical work having taken place with ORSoC, and proof products are deliverable. Two weeks for a typical company is more than enough time to expect progress, more so as they have the facilities available to research, develop and manufacture on site as well as experienced in house professional expertise in FPGA and ASIC design and none are new to Bitcoin. They are all miners and modders supposedly. This is very much a race to bring the best value, most efficient long term offering to market as soon as possible. Tall order? Very much an expectation if they want to compete in Bitcoin/Litecoin ASIC/FPGA mining.

Time is of the essence, talk's cheap. Speculation leads to confusion. There's a lot happening with other companies and DIYers between now and August so I'm expecting them to take the bull by the horns here and leave nothing open to interpretation.

We need clarity, progress and evidence that both parties are very much serious and hands on with this.

The accolade of achieving this will bring them huge profits and recognition, so it's very much win-win, if they want a genuine stake in the future of cryptocurrencies.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:51:39 AM

So ... the 2 months from now in the first post was ... ?

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:56:16 AM

Never mentioned?!

KS

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:00:50 PM

Hi everybody,

We are Swedish miners that are producing our own ASIC miners to strengthen the market and avoid monopoly.
Our company kncminer is pleased to announce the opening of a brand new web shop dedicated to the online sale of Bitcoin hardware to the international community, www.kncminer.com.

A lot of scam sites are appearing every day and we are not one of them, therefore we will not take any orders and are only registering interest.

We will in the upcoming weeks opening our order book to allow the purchase of our first set of ASIC miners. They are in the early stages of development now and will be ready in the summer of 2013 (yes in just a few months)
Register an account now it’s completely free and if you subscribe to our newsletter we will alert you the moment we open the order books for entry and other information around the ASIC products.
If you have any questions we will be happy to answer them.

Happy mining

Not 2 months, in the summer of 2013 (you might have thought "hey in just 2 months" at the time...), which leaves until september 21st...
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:02:58 PM

Their last update specifically said - early Autumn for the ASIC, very soon for an FPGA.

In any case they need to be specific with this as with all their intentions. I'm not interested in anything half-hearted or flaky or unproven.

KS

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:11:32 PM

Their last update specifically said - early Autumn for the ASIC, very soon for an FPGA.

OK, September 22nd then. Smiley

Right now I'm more interested in how soon is really soon for their FPGA. In Autumn, 7K for 250GH/s will still be a deal.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:13:18 PM

OK, September 22nd then. Smiley

Right now I'm more interested in how soon is really soon for their FPGA. In Autumn, 7K for 250GH/s will still be a deal.

$5k if you get the FPGA, there's $2k off the ASIC price if you purchased the FPGA. I'm not keen on a Bitcoin FPGA though, it's a waste.

All over a scrypt mining Litecoin FPGA though!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: