Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:22:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
rizzman

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:23:19 AM

Orders should be first paid - first shipped..

The fact that someone signed up with them few weeks ago should mean heck all. Pay and brag with it then. People getting angry about it are customer version of pre-order ASIC sales - want something for nothing.

Disclaimer: I haven't paid anything.

you're an idiot

I love you too

DPoS... Stop being an ass... seleme is exactly right, Just because Person "A" clicks a button on lets say May 15th for example, then person "B" PAYS for his order on June 3rd BEFORE person "A" has done so, Person "A" should NOT be placed before Person "B".

Money Talks... and this is the equivalent of someone cutting the line which In in most places would earn you an asswhoopin.

but I digress... The price you pay for participating in a specialized market...

Disclaimer: I have paid as of June 4. Now, I get to watch as 500 others get their product before me, regardless of when they paid.

you need to get out more.. tell that to the waiting list for a tesla or a ferrari

or for certain preferred stock in a company...you really need to get off the training wheels of life

Please tell me what world do you live in where a couple of meaningless clicks on a website trumps cash? perhaps instead of telling me to take off the training wheels you should try them on yourself instead.

And as for your examples, if you you're going to walk into a Ferrari dealership and request to be put on a waiting list and pay nothing and expected to be honored you are absurdly wrong.and in regards to stocks the last time I checked you had to submit payment before they were awarded.not the other way around.

Your statement makes just about as much sense as asking a hooker not to sleep with anyone else till next weeks payday.  Cheesy

you are laughable.  did you miss the part of having 7 days to honor our pre-order position?  When you show early interest you get grace period to complete the transaction.  It is a civil way of doing business.

but you only know of screaming into walmart on black friday with $30 in your hand, correct?

hopefully you'll shutup forever...

"Almost exactly four years later, the 360 arrived. When I bought the 360 coupe, I put my name on the list for the 360 Spyder. It doesn't cost anything to put your name on the waiting list, so I figured, why not?"

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/0712_ferrari_waiting_list/viewall.html

Are you really trying to compare a Ferrari to an device which nobody has seen, and doesn't even exist yet? The only reason Ferrari can do this is because they are a well established, exclusive club and they know if you can't buy it.. someone else will in a heartbeat. I'm sorry, but that is simply not the case with kncminer. Yet another flawed example... congratz

Now as for the 7 days grace period. Sure, if you actually PAID for your device before me with your 1-500 unpaid pre-order - no problem... sure , first past the poles. But again, being able to cut the line because you clicked on a button several days earlier with no skin whatsoever in the game should not allow you to gain an edge over a person who actually fronts hard cash first is simply ridiculous. I get that they are trying to be honorable, but none the less, money talks.

In short, your a fool if you think this is the reality of the world that we live in. Kiss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:43:20 AM

In short, your a fool if you think this is the reality of the world that we live in. Kiss

looks like we do since it actually happened.. all I see from your reality are tears and tantrums

run along to something you like

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:57:39 AM

They seem honest when you talk to them.

but where are they now when everybody asks for info after their open day ?

It's the first week they've accepted orders. They're answering requests, it's just taking time.

SirWizz

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 01:07:11 AM

Are you really trying to compare a Ferrari to an device which nobody has seen, and doesn't even exist yet? The only reason Ferrari can do this is because they are a well established, exclusive club and they know if you can't buy it.. someone else will in a heartbeat. I'm sorry, but that is simply not the case with kncminer. Yet another flawed example... congratz

Now as for the 7 days grace period. Sure, if you actually PAID for your device before me with your 1-500 unpaid pre-order - no problem... sure , first past the poles. But again, being able to cut the line because you clicked on a button several days earlier with no skin whatsoever in the game should not allow you to gain an edge over a person who actually fronts hard cash first is simply ridiculous. I get that they are trying to be honorable, but none the less, money talks.

Hey pal, THIS IS THE REALITY - someone else needs to wake up I think  Roll Eyes. The people that expressed their interest early are the ones to get the first shot at this (whether you think it is fair or not it is of no consequence). Most of us think it is fair, as our interest in the product in the early stages, allowed Sam & Cole to sell the idea to OrSoc and get them on board.

mirage

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 01:20:41 AM

[/quote]

Messy maybe.  But it seems like they have a system that isn't too hard to understand.  Pre-order does matter, it is used to determine your placement in the queue.

Examples:

Pre-Order #1 pays for his Jupiter today.  He is in the 7 day window, he will always be #1 in the shipping queue.  Even if Pre-Order #2 paid before him.

Pre-Order #501 pays for his Jupiter today.  He is in the 7 day window, he will be no worse than #501 to be shipped, unless someone with a lower Pre-Order number fails to pay.

Seems relatively easy to understand once I got that confirmation directly from KnC 

[/quote]

How do you find out the preorder number if you haven't made the final ordered yet? Is it somewhere on the site?
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 01:35:13 AM

Messy maybe.  But it seems like they have a system that isn't too hard to understand.  Pre-order does matter, it is used to determine your placement in the queue.

Examples:

Pre-Order #1 pays for his Jupiter today.  He is in the 7 day window, he will always be #1 in the shipping queue.  Even if Pre-Order #2 paid before him.

Pre-Order #501 pays for his Jupiter today.  He is in the 7 day window, he will be no worse than #501 to be shipped, unless someone with a lower Pre-Order number fails to pay.

Seems relatively easy to understand once I got that confirmation directly from KnC 

[/quote]

How do you find out the preorder number if you haven't made the final ordered yet? Is it somewhere on the site?
[/quote]

It was in an email sent when you registered for an account and placed the pre-order registration, prior to placing an actual paid order this week.

rizzman

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:52:38 AM

Examples:

[/quote]

It was in an email sent when you registered for an account and placed the pre-order registration, prior to placing an actual paid order this week.
[/quote]

Understood, however your missing the point. Order 501 will be worse off... because regardless of whether order 501 is the very first to pay or not, someone else even if they are the one millionth customer to pay will get preference just because they queued up a bunch of orders they had no intention of paying for.

So... if for whatever reason knc has any issues with meeting their deadline, non-preorder paying customer#1 gets to watch as those who had queued up or bought pre-orders with out regard to those who fronted money first...

This topic is trivial, and I'm done talking about it. If people are ok with it thats fine but atleast its been discussed...

On another topic, does anyone know if they have announced lottery winners yet?
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:06:09 AM

Reminder/Generic advice: appearances can be deceptive. Remember what "con-man" stands for. Look at what they do rather than what they say (due diligence).
KS

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:08:59 AM

cui bono ?
the people bitching about knc hate those hashing monsters because they invested in avalon chips or else. if they keep people from buying from knc it pays out. i was about to order big time avalon chips when i stumbled across knc. i decided - in the last moment - to switch. what would my feelings be if i had ordered a few days earlier ? would i hate them... or me?   (on the other hand: i should actually not defend knc. the less they sell, the better for me, since i already did order  )

it is incredible though how soft the community is about avalon and how hatefull some are towards knc. i am invested in avalon batch III and i ordered 500 avalon chips and i regret batch III

in a way the competiteveness of the asic miner producers stains through to us - the customers. keep that in mind while enjoying this show.
(i posted this in the kncminer open day first)

And Bitfury finally announced his ASICs. 2x better hashrate than BFL AND releasing specs for DIY. (waiting on pricing...)

Just waiting on someone to actually deliver sth. Avalon was the best bet, now the game is on for an August release by multiple parties.

Good times.

Bit Fury's actually offering test chips for dev's and those with test facilities, as for reasons I forget now, he is unable to test certain aspects himself. It is a pretty strong sign he is serious though...

Bitfury has several drawbacks:
Only sold in Russia.
Who is going to Russia to claim something.
In its favor:
Metabank.ru part of the project, the web is more important to change Russian bitcoins.

There are many weak links in the Bitfury distribution chain for interested parties outside of Russia.  Don't blame him directly for not wanting to deal with the hassle of customs and customer complaints, but he is offering test chips for devs/DIY hackers outside of Russia, which goes a long way to confirming his intent.

BTW *may have a Jupiter 1-500 guaranteed pre-order (#250), and def have a Saturn guaranteed pre-order (#33) available. If anyone is interested PM me by tomorrow night. It can go towards travel expense/poss hotel of I chose to spend a night in Stockholm. If not come Monday eve it can just mean everyone else gets to shift a spot forward in each item...don't have a price in mind, just best bid by the time I make a final private message check wins, make sure you can pay KnC for Monday though.

you don´t buy knc ?

I shall buy KnC, almost for sure dependant on how I feel come Monday. I've always said that. Why on earth would I travel all the way there otherwise?!!

Just I was as enthusiastic with my pre-order selection and as I've also said, I'm not getting myself into debt over this. I can afford 1, maybe 2 Jupiters, but not interested in the Saturn for sure.  There are many unknowns though.

When at university and performing experimental design you have to acknowledge internal and external validity.

Internal validity refers to the factors you have some control over. So in this case; choosing the company I have most confidence in, what lengths can be accomplished in validating who is behind this and what their capabilities, experience is, payment choice, likely weak links in the chain I can foresee with a certain confidence that KnC has control over.

External validity refers to the actors outside of our control, what the known competition is doing and by when they will actually achieve it, what the unknown competition is doing and when it will happen, third party supplier hiccups, force majeure, etc.

Weighing up the pros and cons and the fact I'd rather spend money on meeting them then buying a second Jupiter having not met them and feeling comfortable about that kind of money. I'd rather have some cash fund free as a float. I may even need it as an emergency, and that is more important than going all out throwing all my money at this and getting into debt. 5 years of Student debt's enough thanks!!

A couple of months back I had some more funds available, but I'm owed money by a former employer still so I'm not about to have delusions of grandeur and bet everything as some people have claimed to do. That's dumb. I'm not risking more than I can afford to, and I want to be comfortable about it!

Also visiting Stockholm for just 12 hours seems a bit of a waste, wouldn't mind a day there...

So you aren't buying any ATM. Talking about hypocrite...
titomane

Activity: 389

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:18:30 AM

but where are they now when everybody asks for info after their open day ?

I've got to talk to Andreas & Marcus more than once by phone. Think that these days is very busy. For the sake of the project I hope to hire some receptionist.

Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:27:03 AM

Is there any proof of KNCMiner and ORSoC cooperation on the chips? Did anyone called or somehow checked at ORSoC about the whole deal?
Yes, it was all confirmed with Orsoc's CEO via email and phone-calls, also Orsoc confirmed involvement with KNC with a posting on their website, etc.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:29:04 AM

cui bono ?
the people bitching about knc hate those hashing monsters because they invested in avalon chips or else. if they keep people from buying from knc it pays out. i was about to order big time avalon chips when i stumbled across knc. i decided - in the last moment - to switch. what would my feelings be if i had ordered a few days earlier ? would i hate them... or me?   (on the other hand: i should actually not defend knc. the less they sell, the better for me, since i already did order  )

it is incredible though how soft the community is about avalon and how hatefull some are towards knc. i am invested in avalon batch III and i ordered 500 avalon chips and i regret batch III

in a way the competiteveness of the asic miner producers stains through to us - the customers. keep that in mind while enjoying this show.

And Bitfury finally announced his ASICs. 2x better hashrate than BFL AND releasing specs for DIY. (waiting on pricing...)

Just waiting on someone to actually deliver sth. Avalon was the best bet, now the game is on for an August release by multiple parties.

Good times.

Bit Fury's actually offering test chips for dev's and those with test facilities, as for reasons I forget now, he is unable to test certain aspects himself. It is a pretty strong sign he is serious though...

Only sold in Russia.
In its favor:
Metabank.ru part of the project, the web is more important to change Russian bitcoins.

There are many weak links in the Bitfury distribution chain for interested parties outside of Russia.  Don't blame him directly for not wanting to deal with the hassle of customs and customer complaints, but he is offering test chips for devs/DIY hackers outside of Russia, which goes a long way to confirming his intent.

BTW *may have a Jupiter 1-500 guaranteed pre-order (#250), and def have a Saturn guaranteed pre-order (#33) available. If anyone is interested PM me by tomorrow night. It can go towards travel expense/poss hotel of I chose to spend a night in Stockholm. If not come Monday eve it can just mean everyone else gets to shift a spot forward in each item...don't have a price in mind, just best bid by the time I make a final private message check wins, make sure you can pay KnC for Monday though.

you don´t buy knc ?

I shall buy KnC, almost for sure dependant on how I feel come Monday. I've always said that. Why on earth would I travel all the way there otherwise?!!

Just I was as enthusiastic with my pre-order selection and as I've also said, I'm not getting myself into debt over this. I can afford 1, maybe 2 Jupiters, but not interested in the Saturn for sure.  There are many unknowns though.

When at university and performing experimental design you have to acknowledge internal and external validity.

Internal validity refers to the factors you have some control over. So in this case; choosing the company I have most confidence in, what lengths can be accomplished in validating who is behind this and what their capabilities, experience is, payment choice, likely weak links in the chain I can foresee with a certain confidence that KnC has control over.

External validity refers to the actors outside of our control, what the known competition is doing and by when they will actually achieve it, what the unknown competition is doing and when it will happen, third party supplier hiccups, force majeure, etc.

Weighing up the pros and cons and the fact I'd rather spend money on meeting them then buying a second Jupiter having not met them and feeling comfortable about that kind of money. I'd rather have some cash fund free as a float. I may even need it as an emergency, and that is more important than going all out throwing all my money at this and getting into debt. 5 years of Student debt's enough thanks!!

A couple of months back I had some more funds available, but I'm owed money by a former employer still so I'm not about to have delusions of grandeur and bet everything as some people have claimed to do. That's dumb. I'm not risking more than I can afford to, and I want to be comfortable about it!

Also visiting Stockholm for just 12 hours seems a bit of a waste, wouldn't mind a day there...

What the hell are you on about? Where did I say that?? I said i'm not getting into debt buying multiple items.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:25:42 AM

When does the 7 day payment window close Monday? Was it at 1600 CET ?

Thanks

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
glowkeeper

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 10:26:11 AM

What the hell are you on about? Where did I say that?? I said i'm not getting into debt buying multiple items.

You guys are becoming the Luke-Jr and Kano of the ASIC arms race. Their spat got tiresome long ago. Yours is becoming so. Please stop.....
KS

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:36:07 AM

cui bono ?

Good times.

Only sold in Russia.
In its favor:

you don´t buy knc ?

I said "ATM". You're on the fence and waiting until Monday, while selling your pre-orders. So you not only have no skin in this (say, "yet") but you're looking to profit from it already.
mat542

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:02:23 AM

Thanks

Hi,

They must be paid before 18:00 CET on Monday. You can still sell them but we must have payment within the window.
It is possible to match up orders already made. For example if someone has already made and paid for an order they can still be matched to your pre-order.

Thanks
Emilia
Source
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:47:32 AM

Thanks

Hi,

They must be paid before 18:00 CET on Monday. You can still sell them but we must have payment within the window.
It is possible to match up orders already made. For example if someone has already made and paid for an order they can still be matched to your pre-order.

Thanks
Emilia
Source

thanks!

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
idee2013

Activity: 407

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:23:33 PM

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks
Emilia
Source

thanks!

:-)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 02:13:58 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2013, 02:53:52 PM by Bitcoinorama

I said "ATM". You're on the fence and waiting until Monday, while selling your pre-orders. So you not only have no skin in this (say, "yet") but you're looking to profit from it already.

Look as Glowkeeper, the second forum member asking for the thread to not be derailed said, take this off thread if you insist in persistently criticising and arguing.

How do I not have skin in this? How am I trying to profit?? I just spent £250 one way on a flight. the only flight left available to the least closest choice of airport in Stockholm, Skavsta, which is apparently a 2 hour ball-ache to get to ORSoC HQ from. I also have to make Stanstead for 4.30 am without any public transport operating at that time. I have yet to book the return. I haven't paid for connecting transport or a hotel. This is coming out of my pocket, I'm not trying to profit, but trying to recoup my own monies I'm spending. Why would you begrudge me that?! I'm sharing what I find out tomo with the forum, where's the problem in me selling a pre order space for one unit I def don't want, and another additional of the other product I may not want to push me into debt for?? You can see this clearly, I know you can, as it was detailed in my previous reply. You're just trying to twist and manipulate the best you can.

I'm asking the questions people sent me just like Daggeteo did. Unlike Daggeteo I'm not a Stockholm local, and unlike you KS i'm actually helpful, motivated and sincere. Incidentally STILL NO questions PM'd from you KS. All these questions and accusations you keep littering the threads with. You could have them answered. You could spend all this effort you're exerting trying your hardest to defame me with by giving me some decent concerns to air on your behalf. I'm prepared to do this, even though my bodyclock will be screwed from working throughout Fri and Sat nights. I'm not a dick. I've said numerous time I will ask what you want me to and get you the answer.  All you have to do is type it in a PM. I've offered you this relentlessly this past week. Calling you on your BS as it were. You're leaving it a bit late though. Always stated this eve UK time is my deadline for Q's to be printed off. Still it's never been you intention to help has it, you just want to troll, right?

Choice is there, either you will, or you won't...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Fishbones

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:18:18 PM

Please remind me what is the advantage of being in the 1-500 pre-order group? Did KNC not say that these units will be built in one go, i.e, not in batches?

Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: