Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:07:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317673 times)
Big-moon-discord

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:04:46 PM

The software is decentralised. That is where the fairness comes into it.

To say if something is good or bad is an opinion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 03:15:01 PM

I've asked barrysty1e to post an update in this ANN on his current work.
He told that he's not too much motivated with money.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 03:24:16 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 03:36:26 PM by Mooncoin_Foundation

The software is decentralised. That is where the fairness comes into it.

To say if something is good or bad is an opinion.

The approach is not bad.
But then it's logically not to touch a decentralised software, at least, encoded rules, e.g. not to increase inflation,

however, sometimes things are really good or bad,
e.g. if MOON is 0.1 Sat again in the future, will it be bad, or just an opinion?

Big-moon-discord

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:47:45 PM

The approach is not bad.
But then it's logically not to touch a decentralised software, at least, encoded rules, e.g. not to increase inflation,

This isn't about the software. It is about finally seeing some progress.

however, sometimes things are really good or bad,
e.g. if MOON is 0.1 Sat again in the future, will it be bad, or just an opinion?

It was good for the people who bought into that price last time, but for the people who bought into moon on cryptsy it was a disaster.

A board will take steps to ensure this never happens again, the other option is leaving it to chance.

barrysty1e

Activity: 636
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 04:08:12 PM

Hi all,

I've managed to get back on top of things, after doing some freelance work for a while.
Everyone is quite keen for an update on things, so here we go:

Mooncoin 0.13 release is very stable.

Total resident memory usage under 75mb (whilst syncing chain).
Time from launching Mooncoin to being ready to use, in the case of a sync'd chain, has been halved (minimum).

Standard sync time from scratch to current blockheight is 34 minutes.
Due partially to 'headers first' functionality seen in late model codebases, but mainly optimized PoW validation during synchronization.

Extensive testing with the new Dual KGW3 difficulty retargetting algorithm. Probably the best i've worked with so far, especially the BitSend timeout feature (this will gradually drop the difficulty over time if a block has not been found in x minutes).

After a lot of testing; i'm not quite happy with the new custom PoW algorithm and it will be tweaked over the next few days, to ensure that: a GPU miner is not possible, botnets do not become an issue and also to guarantee protection against double-spend attacks. Recently HTML5 suffered a 'catastrophic' doublespend at Bleutrade, and I do not wish to ever see this occur with Mooncoin.

I've also decided that Moonlite will be a plug-in module, rather than in-wallet; meaning that the 0.13 release can be done earlier, and that development can be done on each independently, rather than one holding the other up.

I'd like to see the fork to the new algo/codebase before block 1,200,000; but this is up to the community to discuss.

james

my father wears sneakers in the pool
polemarhos888

Activity: 499
Merit: 250

To The Moon !

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:14:26 PM

Hi all,

I've managed to get back on top of things, after doing some freelance work for a while.
Everyone is quite keen for an update on things, so here we go:

Mooncoin 0.13 release is very stable.

Total resident memory usage under 75mb (whilst syncing chain).
Time from launching Mooncoin to being ready to use, in the case of a sync'd chain, has been halved (minimum).

Standard sync time from scratch to current blockheight is 34 minutes.
Due partially to 'headers first' functionality seen in late model codebases, but mainly optimized PoW validation during synchronization.

Extensive testing with the new Dual KGW3 difficulty retargetting algorithm. Probably the best i've worked with so far, especially the BitSend timeout feature (this will gradually drop the difficulty over time if a block has not been found in x minutes).

After a lot of testing; i'm not quite happy with the new custom PoW algorithm and it will be tweaked over the next few days, to ensure that: a GPU miner is not possible, botnets do not become an issue and also to guarantee protection against double-spend attacks. Recently HTML5 suffered a 'catastrophic' doublespend at Bleutrade, and I do not wish to ever see this occur with Mooncoin.

I've also decided that Moonlite will be a plug-in module, rather than in-wallet; meaning that the 0.13 release can be done earlier, and that development can be done on each independently, rather than one holding the other up.

I'd like to see the fork to the new algo/codebase before block 1,200,000; but this is up to the community to discuss.

james

Good afternoon from Greece. These are great news ! Smiley

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:23:07 PM

we need to focus more on substance not form. we already have two websites, tried many logos, have chat forum, etc. but the bottom line is mooncoin lacks funds to hired smart serious full time devs and staffs. as such, moon is moving very slowly.

hopefully we ll get enough volunteers and creative ppl to help out. just dont give up bc where theres a will theres a way. lets never never never give up.

Yeah. We need more focus, on helping promote Mooncoin, as well as getting an experienced dev team that could deliver the goods. If it manages to gather around a group of talented developers and marketing experts, then MOON can rise up quickly in value and popularity.

Before you know it, Mooncoin would become a feature-rich cryptocurrency, that will gather the likes of anyone who would love to send money to others at an extremely fast and cheap way, or investors who would like to buy and hold it for the long term.

But as you said earlier, we should never give up and try harder each day to help Mooncoin become a success. I still have around a million MOON sitting on my wallet, and will buy more over time as you'll never know when it will skyrocket in value.

Nevertheless, a unified community will always make a cryptocurrency a success. Let's wait and see what will happen from now and beyond. Just my opinion. Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
jetxm

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:07:15 PM

Thanks for the update barry!
Jasperrr

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:39:15 PM

Better to do nothing than to do things that will affect MOON.

Also something is done definitely, people were thanking for that,
some members donated a lot since 2014, you just have no idea,
because they don't speak about it.
To who did they donate? That money should go to Baz/Community fund.

Listing at exchanges, block explorers, nodes, devs... since 2014
also to barry (since 2016).

BTW he PMd now for more donations.
Did you raise something for him already, should I redirect him to Discord?
Yea Stan is running a donation fund, I think he's in contact with Barry!

Good things do not work without directors. That has been proven over and over in history. Feel free to proof me wrong.

Bitcoin is not a company, has no directors and it's successful.

I'm not against progress and a team,
also endless polls are definitely a bad idea.

But why just not to suggest something good? Be sure no one will be against it.
Why do we need a board of directors just to implement something good?
A new algo, okay, no one is against it, people understand that currently it doesn't work as needed,
just come with your GOOD initiatives and everything is okay.

If you do something good which doesn't affect people and their investments, they will not mind.
You're welcome.
Yea of course, we should always propose cool stuff and get it out there. But, for core decisions like the logo issue; algo change (there were actually some people against it) and other dev issues. It could be useful to have a board so we don't need to do endless polls nor Baz needs to step in to make a final decision. Just like I think we should have 1 main website that lists information about the coin, team, dev logs, etc.

Of course we can have plenty of other websites, but one official source of information would be sweet.
Littlestan

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:21:52 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2017, 01:25:50 AM by Littlestan

Sent out the first Developer Assistance Fund (DAF) payment to James today!

Thank you to all who have donated and to all who will donate; it is appreciated. Cheesy

Developer Assistance Fund (DAF) which currently goes to barrysty1e (James):
MOON - 2PoELBUoMh78DwPdVrzVAuLfLZLXVz2mcA
BTC - 13nGCECUNzct5zY5BvehLTmPWh3gZVzavx
Fiat - https://www.youcaring.com/barrystylejames-884047

Mooncoin Community Fund (MCF) which, among other things, provides revenue for recurring adverts,
hiring talent (like translators, etc.), and helping projects and intitiatives that are directly Mooncoin related along:
MOON - 2LpMRkRjM6VQnttqB6X3L77tNZATx6Fzar
BTC - 1KdJmMKswC78yqwyzjyZtrgCCQbfbevXt3

Support the Future Scouts program (futurescouts.co) They use Mooncoin as their official cryptocurrency
to teach children about the future of finance!:
MOON - 2DKf5d3PD665dWkxtGdeqooRovrQ814nD4
arcmetal

Activity: 287
Merit: 159

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:32:02 AM

Nearly every coin has better tech than Bitcoin and if it launched today it would fail dramatically. It was the first of it's kind and goes by it's own rules because it has had a long time to establish itself and everyone knows what it is.
Great, then you understand why decentralization was built-in.

A board will stop the need for unnecessary polls.
A board is fine as long as you can understand that decentralized properties can also happen in parallel.

Completely your opinion what is good or bad and completely unrealistic to expect no opposition to any plan.
No.

Because very little has happened in four years.
If you think that then you haven't been following mooncoin at all, and so a suggestion from you to make some "board" loses its credibility.

A new algo, okay, no one is against it, people understand that currently it doesn't work as needed,
just come with you GOOD initiatives and everything is okay.

A board is probably the best step Mooncoin has ever made.
A board is ok, decentralized supporters are also ok, both can coexist as long as the board does not think that only they can exist.

If you do something which doesn't affect people, their money etc, they will not mind.

Not having a board adversely affects my money, I mind.
Then that is only a problem that you have within your own mind.  Who until now has had this problem?

You're welcome.

Not contributing to the solution and being arrogant about it is probably the reason nothing has happened. I ask you to take a step back and get to work on building Mooncoin.  
"nothing has happened" ... prove it.
arcmetal

Activity: 287
Merit: 159

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:32:45 AM

Sent out the first Developer Assistance Fund (DAF) payment to James today!

Thank you to all who have donated and to all who will donate; it is appreciated. Cheesy

Developer Assistance Fund (DAF) which currently goes to barrysty1e (James):
MOON - 2PoELBUoMh78DwPdVrzVAuLfLZLXVz2mcA
BTC - 13nGCECUNzct5zY5BvehLTmPWh3gZVzavx
Fiat - https://www.youcaring.com/barrystylejames-884047

Mooncoin Community Fund (MCF) which, among other things, provides revenue for recurring adverts,
hiring talent (like translators, etc.), and helping projects and intitiatives that are directly Mooncoin related along:
MOON - 2LpMRkRjM6VQnttqB6X3L77tNZATx6Fzar
BTC - 1KdJmMKswC78yqwyzjyZtrgCCQbfbevXt3

Support the Future Scouts program (futurescouts.co) They use Mooncoin as their official cryptocurrency
to teach children about the future of finance!:
MOON - 2DKf5d3PD665dWkxtGdeqooRovrQ814nD4
A great list, this should be on the main websites.
Big-moon-discord

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:32:18 AM

Nearly every coin has better tech than Bitcoin and if it launched today it would fail dramatically. It was the first of it's kind and goes by it's own rules because it has had a long time to establish itself and everyone knows what it is.

Great, then you understand why decentralization was built-in.

Huh

Quote from: Big-moon-discord on August 01, 2017, 02:44:45 PM

A board is fine as long as you can understand that decentralized properties can also happen in parallel.

Anything coming from under the boards direction is official.

Completely your opinion what is good or bad and completely unrealistic to expect no opposition to any plan.

No.

Let's not mix opinion's with facts and realities my friend.

If you think that then you haven't been following mooncoin at all, and so a suggestion from you to make some "board" loses its credibility.

I will make it clear, very little significant developments have been achieved in four years. A beta hasn´t even been released

just come with you GOOD initiatives and everything is okay.

A board is probably the best step Mooncoin has ever made.
A board is ok, decentralized supporters are also ok, both can coexist as long as the board does not think that only they can exist.

Huh. We're on the internet. The boards directions are official, anything else is just the internet.

If you do something which doesn't affect people, their money etc, they will not mind.

Then that is only a problem that you have within your own mind.  Who until now has had this problem?

I have stated the benefits of a board numerously. The overwhelming majority of investors are here with hopes of huge financial gain. It is advertised on the ann that Mooncoin has an "Unbelievable risk/reward ratio", and the buy-in is incredibly cheap. 

You're welcome.

Not contributing to the solution and being arrogant about it is probably the reason nothing has happened. I ask you to take a step back and get to work on building Mooncoin.   

lol You what

I can see we are taking steps forward, thanks barry.
mivecgpx

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:57:46 AM

Is the Mooncoin wallet not working?
Jasperrr

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:31:37 PM

Yes, you should have a board which still asks for the community's opinion through polls and what not, and also accepts user input. But at the same time, the board should be able to make decisions on important matters; without waiting 2 weeks for all sorts of polls to resolve it.

Please state what has happened development-wise? Yes, a lot has happened. But the main tech has not been released yet, nor have any good project supporting Moon been launched atm. Although we are working hard on them now, there have been little in the past 4 years.

We all did, we had good momentum and a lot of enthusiastic people working on projects. But it all came to a stand still at 10 sats, when everyone decided to start bickering about the logo. That completely killed our momentum. Having a board could have prevented that from happening.

You're welcome.

One cannot prove that nothing has happened, one can only prove that something HAS happened. Thus, feel free to proof him (and me) wrong and tell us about all the projects that have been launched the past 4 years.
BreezeSmasher

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:11:44 PM

I've asked barrysty1e to post an update in this ANN on his current work.
He told that he's not too much motivated with money.

If that not the biggest crock I'ver ever heard. I just sharted reading that.

If you wanna sell your mooncoin, hit me up at 415-429-1428 after 10:00 A.M.
I'll Venmo you USD for a better rate.
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 03:50:53 PM

Guys, what if we don't agree with proposed centralisation of MOON?
Should we expect brand new trolls in this ANN thread?

midmir

Activity: 159

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:54:59 PM

The software implement decentralized system. The network consist of equal nodes.
There are not master nodes present in the network, there are not nodes available more equal than others.

The same is with the Mooncoin community. The users are equivalent.

The twitter, the logo, the official website, "mooncoin" fund controlled by single person, ... and now Mooncoin board of directors (lol), ... it seems like few people trying to TO and taking decisions on behalf of the Mooncoin community without no one delegate them such rights.

The actions taken so far bring Mooncoin in wrong directions. The intentions of those people are not clear.

Board of directors of Mooncoin. Enforced and populated by accounts few months old.

This ridiculous proposition is denied.

Don't bother to answer me pls.

windreamteam

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:13:39 PM

Why i bet on mooncoin? Because there are Still here after three years and because one day i buy some mooncoin 1$ and the other day i sell it 2$ and this again and again. Moreover even if there is no real value in mooncoin this coin is known by many people even if there is a low volume. It means that for me the potential is real. What will happen ? We will see Smiley
Big-moon-discord

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:16:18 PM

The results are in. 42 people voted. 40 in favour of a board, 2 against.

The result is clear that there is an obvious demand for a board.

https://www.poll-maker.com/results1133901xA98F30AA-47#tab-2

The board selection process begins now. There will be a total of 12 equal seats- no CEO.

If you want to become a board member, post what qualifies you for the position on this forum.

Members will be chosen based on merit - qualification, experience, and loyalty to mooncoin.

If we don't reach the maximum number of seats, anyone who posts an application will get a seat on the board, unless people feel strongly against the application.

Be prepared to have your application scrutinized by the community and have evidence prepared if it is requested.

Barry has a seat already.

Board selection will last as long as is needed.
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: