Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:27:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317673 times)
arcmetal

Activity: 287
Merit: 159

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:01:17 PM

To those defending the current Scrypt algo:

Are you not aware of the current monstrously long
average transaction wait times? The occasional several
hour blocks sticking because of the overly complicated
difficulty readjustments?

Look at this: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/moon/
Specifically the Age column.

Now look at any other coins blockchain with a modern
algo and tell me that you feel our current Scrypt algo is
'good enough'.

There are many, many coins out there using the Scrypt algorithm and this is not a common problem. This is occurring with MOON because of other issues.

MOON was working just fine before the changes to the wallet, at which point it started having these issues. It is the wallet software itself that is the cause of the problem, not the algorithm. When you hire shitty developers this is what you get.

I had absolutely 0 problems with the MOON wallet running 24/7 for years until the new wallets were released, that is when things went bad.

The issue is the lack of miners to support the shitty Scrypt algo. Current algos do not suffer from these problems.

Unless you have definitive proof of shitty programming? Or just more assumptions?

Even when we did have a ton of mining support with the recent big volume, there were still the several hour stuck blocks from difficulty retargeting.

Definitive proof.. Yes, it's called multiple wallets barry made for me that were all broken. He couldn't provide me with a working wallet that he was paid for. There's a reason your dev has negative trust here.

For lack of miners, this was not an issue previously. I never had issues sending MOON nor in the thousands of transactions I've done with MOON did I have to wait hours for them to arrive.
And how does hyperbole equate to "definitive proof". 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Littlestan

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:30:31 PM

'good enough'.

There are many, many coins out there using the Scrypt algorithm and this is not a common problem. This is occurring with MOON because of other issues.

MOON was working just fine before the changes to the wallet, at which point it started having these issues. It is the wallet software itself that is the cause of the problem, not the algorithm. When you hire shitty developers this is what you get.

I had absolutely 0 problems with the MOON wallet running 24/7 for years until the new wallets were released, that is when things went bad.

The issue is the lack of miners to support the shitty Scrypt algo. Current algos do not suffer from these problems.

Unless you have definitive proof of shitty programming? Or just more assumptions?

Even when we did have a ton of mining support with the recent big volume, there were still the several hour stuck blocks from difficulty retargeting.

Definitive proof.. Yes, it's called multiple wallets barry made for me that were all broken. He couldn't provide me with a working wallet that he was paid for. There's a reason your dev has negative trust here.

For lack of miners, this was not an issue previously. I never had issues sending MOON nor in the thousands of transactions I've done with MOON did I have to wait hours for them to arrive.

Anecdotal evidence is enough here, apparently.

Though MCF is totally right in saying it was the Digishield implementation that really exacerbated the issue.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 10:45:06 PM

'good enough'.

Though MCF is totally right in saying it was the Digishield implementation that really exacerbated the issue.

Your view on what has already been established as fact from both myself and barry really doesn't mean anything to me. In my view you are nothing but a leech using these people to recoup your losses from the pump and dump group that used and then dropped you like a shop rag. You played with fire and it burned the hell out of you.
Littlestan

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:05:05 AM

'good enough'.

Your view on what has already been established as fact from both myself and barry really doesn't mean anything to me. In my view you are nothing but a leech using these people to recoup your losses from the pump and dump group that used and then dropped you like a shop rag. You played with fire and it burned the hell out of you.

Here's my main MOON address: 2P69bbBcdrA6ewdBZfEPvvhAYhh8i3xu7L

I got in mostly at 1 satoshi. Tell me again how I need to recoup my losses and how I'm a leech since I've spent hours everyday over the last 2 months
talking with people and getting to know them on the Discord fielding questions and discussing present and future possibilites/initiatives/projects, donated 10M MOON
to the Mooncoin Community Fund (and manage it), donated 10M more MOON to initiate the creation of a MOON currency based Tibia server, created and maintain
the Master Job List, created the Developer Assistance Fund on YouCaring (and manage it), created the MOON Steam gaming group (and manage it), am a active
moderator on the Mooncoin subreddit channel, etc. etc. etc.

I love this ANN if only for the interesting personalities it keeps presenting! xD
Littlestan

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:04:40 AM

While we're on the topic; if you want to help Mooncoin progress into the innovative and altruistic cryptocurrency
it was intended to be, or support programs which support us, please feel free to donate to any of the below:

Developer Assistance Fund (DAF) which currently goes to barrysty1e (James):

MOON - 2PoELBUoMh78DwPdVrzVAuLfLZLXVz2mcA
BTC - 13nGCECUNzct5zY5BvehLTmPWh3gZVzavx
Fiat - https://www.youcaring.com/barrystylejames-884047

Mooncoin Community Fund (MCF) which, among other things, provides revenue for recurring adverts, hiring talent
(like translators, etc.), and helping projects and intitiatives that are directly Mooncoin related along:

MOON - 2LpMRkRjM6VQnttqB6X3L77tNZATx6Fzar
BTC - 1KdJmMKswC78yqwyzjyZtrgCCQbfbevXt3

Support the Future Scouts program (futurescouts.co):
MOON - 2DKf5d3PD665dWkxtGdeqooRovrQ814nD4

Also! If you have a specific skillset or particular talent or talents you would like to use to contribute to Mooncoin,
please contact the appropriate person on the Master Job List (here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OFeDkyvkkzeaLCTCbACn2CuDXkQp0LFkvxzdFTdVQn8/edit?pli=1#heading=h.2gazcsgmxkub)
or if you have ideas for a specific project or initiative that doesn't appear on the List, PM me through the ANN, on reddit, or on the Discord.

Thanks! Cheesy
HHWlife

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:34:41 AM

how about creating a new erc20 coin on ethereum blockchain or wave platform and swap mooncoins for the new coin(still called mooncoin). it will solve wallet problems and make things easier. we ll probly get more support from either eth or waves community as well.
Big-moon-discord

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:22:14 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iawRWUJnaE4
Big-moon-discord

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:37:39 AM

I take issue with people who try to ruin this project. There is a significant minority of contributors and investors who can see the bigger picture regarding the altruistic potential of Mooncoin. There is a way to safeguard the future of Mooncoin, support a community board in a transition to a open source company.
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 10:16:20 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2017, 10:37:56 AM by Mooncoin_Foundation

how about creating a new erc20 coin on ethereum blockchain or wave platform and swap mooncoins for the new coin(still called mooncoin). it will solve wallet problems and make things easier. we ll probly get more support from either eth or waves community as well.

The idea is not new but it will not work.
In a decentralised system it's impossible to organise that.
And even if to organise, then the market cap will be 1 percent of what we have now.
Some coins tried that before and got it...

Wallet problems can be easily fixed as soon as barry will be active again or if we find another transparent dev.
The Mooncoin 3+ years old blockchain worths money.

Remember that if BTC/DOGE whales buy MOON, they do it because they believe in ideas of decentralisation behind MOON.
Just another token is not interesting for them.
MOON is one of very few truly decentralised mineable classic coins, and there are thousands of tokens.

The wallet will be fixed in the future, of course,
it works now anyway, only with some unwanted gaps between blocks,
but we shouldn't just wait for a dev, we need Mooncoin projects right now, projects that people will use on a daily basis.
That is everything.

A shop that accepts MOON is not a new idea, but what will motivate people to buy things in this shop?
They don't buy things even with BTC - actively, it's still exotic.  

moons

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:08:39 AM

and will you trust binaries from an unknown 3rd party dev?

I'm sure there will be people who will give their data if they look for similar ones (specifically for submitting their data to run the official application on systems). In addition, you can interest a percentage of profits, you can think of many options for development.
Of course, few will trust such an application... but one can always justify such relations to people. If people are able to download miners with worms and other dirt, as it used to be. I am sure many will understand this relationship of developments. In addition, if you go from the very beginning honest way, reputation will keep up with the moon!

And to mention it again:
MOON is not a revived coin. It was never dead.

I did not say that the Moon is dead, or was dead, slightly frozen (or rather showed light not the activity of a certain period of time). And rebirth is like (waking up from some hibernation relatively speaking).

To those defending the current Scrypt algo

I did not protect the current algorithm, but just said that (unless the Moon reliably stands on its feet, it is not worth changing the algorithm). Lost time! Otherwise, it can ruin the moon. What's in the hands of competitors!
To stand firmly on your feet is to have a fixed course with easy adjustments (at least within a year), it's to have normal gluten-free mines, a site, a game or a store. So that not only the coin itself is safe, but also financially protected. In addition, I had a confident audience!

average transaction wait times?

All relative, monstrous time is how much?!
You do not need to go anywhere and look when there are own examples!
I made transactions, from the exchange to the wallet and back!
Created transactions from (several thousand Moon, to tens of millions of coins)
The full translation averaged 1 hour, but when ludi even began to develop more densely, millions of coins underwent a complete transaction in 10-20 minutes.
Any store, at the initial stages, I'm sure will treat with understanding!
When the coin gets stronger with such a course, with which you can make purchases and sales. Then you can only think about switching to another algorithm.
And now move on, it's like, I'll give an analogy (I'm tired of the old tablet, why, I do not know, I just got bored, I need to buy a new one, why, I do not know, that's all).
All this is a hike in the introduction into the ranks of the moon and deliberate slowing down the development of the moon!
Or it's like pulling into history, for destroying a coin or losing coin time, because the moon has a huge potential !!!
Why reinvent the wheel when it works. In addition, I do not think that the developers of LTC do not understand what they are doing!
I was not talking about miners (earners), about transactions.
If you talk about the miners (miners), review the code beginning of 2014, analyze, make the necessary adjustments, and you will be happy, save time!
At that time, there were absolutely no problems (not with prey, not with transactions, in general, with nothing but a small price)!

I'm not going to argue with anyone here or prove the opposite of your thoughts (for such a luxury I do not have the time and money). I am here solely for giving various gratuitous advice or ideas for improving the moon as a whole! (If you are interested, read my first post) If you are interested in arguing or proving, please choose another opponent, sorry!
Big-moon-discord

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:12:49 AM

https://join.slack.com/t/mooncoineco/shared_invite/MjE5MDc4MjQyNDg0LTE1MDEyNDAxOTUtYjA1MmQzMmViNA
Morphling

Activity: 308
Merit: 134

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:21:19 AM

interesting, it's similiar to dogecoin in some sense, both are huge quantity and no clear mission, i am wondering the name, are there other coins named suncoin or starcoin?

basementdiplomat

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:34:24 AM

This might go over well in the crypto subs and/or 4chan
moons

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:34:33 AM

A shop that accepts MOON is not a new idea, but what will motivate people to buy things in this shop?

Conduct a survey of the categories of people who gravitate toward the Moon. Analyze ...
All that people like to gravitate toward the moon.
More universal with less time and money. Exchange of unnecessary things, for example (I have a tablet, I want another, exchange)?!
additional payment for the difference in price of things
In general, this is a matter of advertising,  Smiley (a stone can be sold, which many people do for years).  Grin
It all depends on your goals, who you want to attract, how much, why, etc.

They don't buy things even with BTC - actively, it's still exotic.

My opinion about this
People selling through the BTC, as a secondary occupation, as an appendage (people do not relate to this issue as to the basis), so this is considered exotic.
Therefore, I mentioned in the post above, as to the possible creation of History, of what was not before!

Jasperrr

Activity: 92

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:20:52 PM

'good enough'.

You might want to learn about blockchain technology before speaking up. You are making an absolute fool out of yourself. An updated wallet it self, does not change how long transactions take. The transaction time is completely based on the number of miners and the algorithm used.

Scrypt is a very low algorithm and needs a lot of miners. Combine this with the fact that we have a coin with a really high volume and you can see the need for an updated algorithm. Sure, sending a couple of thousands of coins is nothing with scrypt, but due to a coin being just 1 sat, you will see much higher transaction sizes. These transaction just cannot properly be mined through scrypt. You can see that it already takes 8+ hours for 15+ million transactions. And that's just 0.3 BTC worth.

We need a new Algo, this is undoable.
Jasperrr

Activity: 92

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:27:19 PM

The idea is not new but it will not work.
In a decentralised system it's impossible to organise that.
And even if to organise, then the market cap will be 1 percent of what we have now.
Some coins tried that before and got it...
That's why Big proposed that we move away from a completely decentralized system to a structure that incorporates a community board.

History has shown that decentralized projects have too many issues and simply do not work as intended. They just give too much hassle which all distracts from valuable development time.

MOON is one of very few truly decentralised mineable classic coins, and there are thousands of tokens.
This is not the reason that I bought Mooncoin, I bought it because of the active community. The decentralized state was actually a con for me to buy.

but we shouldn't just wait for a dev, we need Mooncoin projects right now, projects that people will use on a daily basis.
That is everything.
I completely agree. However, I personally will not release my projects before the algo updates are done. It's not beneficial to shortly hype the coin with a new project, just to see it fall back down because the mining/transaction issues are still on-going. Get the core released first, then deploy all the projects.
standards

Activity: 560
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:41:31 PM

It seems that MOON has an active community.
I am so sad that I lost all my MOON in Cryptsy.
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 01:44:23 PM

What I've said is we shouldn't waste time just waiting for a new release,
if time can be spent for working on new projects.
The idea is not to hype MOON with new projects,
the idea is to find a project that can be used on a daily basis by common people,
that will work over long term.

These processes should be parallel: working on projects + working on an algo and a new release.
And as almost no one from us is able to work on an algo and a new release (it requires advanced tech skills),
what can we do? To work on projects.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 02:02:59 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2017, 02:21:12 PM by Mooncoin_Foundation

Some people issue tokens, register companies, actively promote it,
press releases etc, and their token's market cap is just several thousands dollars.
We shouldn't underestimate the magic of decentralisation,
there are many difficulties and it's not so easy for decentralised systems to flawlessly function,
but the crypto idea is decentralisation above all (of course, working decentralisation that allows common people to be their own bank and safely keep and move their funds).
That is what worths investing, not just another company which is trying to sell its product.

zmb

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:25:41 PM

I like the coin itself, but the marketing material could use a designer's touch. The contrast between the text and the background seems very low, and in general the backgrounds used for the text bearing images seem very 'busy'.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2110712.0)
█     PoSToken (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2110712.0)    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2110712.0) ●  WebSite (https://postoken.org)  ●  Twitter (https://twitter.com/PoSToken)  ●  Slack (https://postoken.slack.com)  ●  Whitepaper (https://postoken.org/whitepaper.pdf)
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: