Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:57:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317674 times)
midmir

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:29:35 PM

So...officially you guys are splitting up to 2 different groups or...?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2067635.0

woa...

Good afternoon from Greece. Well, Mooncoin is a cryptocurrency with 2 official sites and 2 communities in Bitcointalk. We also saw this.  Smiley

Yes, the desire of some ppl to be in control of project which they do not started and do not understand is so strong  Smiley

Do you have any ongoing projects related to Mooncoin that the community should know about? All I see is bickering from both sides but no one demonstrates proof that projects are on going and actual progress being made. Only thing visible is a redundant argument about a logo.

I personally work on 2 Mooncoin based projects at the moment. Not ready to be announced yet. What about you newbie?

"Newbie" - you do not know me Midmir. I do not oppose you so do not try to belittle me for such a reason as having a new account on this forum. That means nothing. I have seen from previous posts that you employ an aggressive manner when dealing with discrepancies, be mature. I will say that I do oppose the creation of a board, I think that is utterly meaningless to the advancement of this coin. However, when every person is very hush about what "projects" they are working on, it creates sheer doubt. Also, lack of dev posts is very unsettling. I have seen from the Discord this AM that he stated "I may/may not have a public version of mooncoin 0.13 trial ready". Why is it that he only makes one mystique post? Why not provide consistent updates? Those are the questions that I wonder about, not something as trivial as a logo.

Do not catch at single word. It was not an insult attempt. I am aware that most of the newbies here are not actually new users.
I am not against anyone here. The reason sometimes I am talking emotionally is when the founding principles of Bitcoin and its derivatives like Mooncoin are purposefully undermined.

The logo is really trivial but the way it was enforced, same as the board, new "official" website, community relocation and so on is not ok.

I am glad that you are against creation of board.

I can't talk instead of the main dev Barrysty1e but we are very grateful for his contributions so far.

Ok, glad we are we clear. Everyone wants progress, that is a fact. I think if we could merge the two separate sources of Mooncoin community, it would be beneficial. Perhaps a Slack for all to join? Just a thought. I do not oppose the creation of a second website as whoever has made the original has ceased to update and refresh information, as well as aesthetic appearance. In your mind, what do you think should be done ASAP to progress this coin? We have been stagnant for far too long.

Thank you for asking. As I stated before instead of new exchanges I think we should take the Dogecoin approach - real generosity and real economy behind in terms of more and more services which accept Mooncoin.

As of the technical aspect I believe we do not need to implement masternodes and cpu mining algo. We need new retargeting algorithm though.

I really like the idea of MoonWord.

Mooncoin need to be embraced by the Asian markets/users. That is why we want to keep the current blue moon logo. We need to be united and with no vertical hierarchy in order to do so.

Unicode ticker:
☽   &# 9789   &# 263D       FIRST QUARTER MOON

Thank you,

I concur with the Dogecoin approach. But also believe it is imperative to get onto other exchanges (Bittrex, Polo, Asia). Regarding algo, James hopefully is correct in saying that he has a 0.13 trial version almost ready. This is crucial to Mooncoin progress. I also have wondered if we should hire some additional developers to assist James? I do not want James to be overloaded and feel the need to take a step back. But if he is committed to progressing in a reasonable timeframe, I support him. We should make active steps to infiltrate the Asian market. Logo does not bother me, use whatever logo you see fit. At the end of the day, a user buying Mooncoin, is buying Mooncoin, regardless of logo.

The logo often makes first impression. As we know the moon is big thing in Asia. The chinnese calendar is based on the moon phases. And this M logo simply does not comply.

The big exchanges are all aware of Mooncoin. They will add it without we asking once the volume on the current exchanges grow. This will happen when the demand rise. It will rise if not based as currently only on trade speculations but when there are real cases when Mooncoin can be used.

@Jasperrr, the slow transactions have nothing to do with the mining algo but as I initially stated - the retargeting algo.
Do not feel obliged to always contrary replay me.

Mooncoin_Foundation said it more than clear above: "However, if people just discuss the future of MOON and say about the importance of decentralisation, it's not pure fighting,
it's an important topic and the future of Mooncoin (and its price) will depend on how well the community understands the idea. "

We do not need any corporate entity behind and any VC money. There are other types of projects which go this way.
You can consider those as private cryptocurrencies, not much different from the fiat.
Mooncoin simply is not one of them.
Same as crypto world don't have only POW consensus algo but also POS, dPOW etc.

You do not need to form vertical (pyramidal) structures in order to help Mooncoin further grow and development.
We don't need titles, we need good consensus and flat, decentralized structure.

Ok, so I see that we must get in contact with Asian markets ASAP. Could lead to decent price increase. These projects related to Moon you say are in development - how far along are they? We could use some good new projects that could help advance Mooncoin. Other than that, it seems we must wait for James to become active again and begin updating. I still have faith in the community, albeit for now. We must stand as one, preach progress, not division. Put aside trivial issues of the past, onwards.

If we hit Asian exchange 20sats per MOON is nothing.
Look for example at Earthcoin. 99% of their $2mil per 24h volume comes from China.
That is why I was looking for native chinese/japanese/korean speaking users.
I believe there are such here reading but they are just watching us fighting ...

So I am officially burring the tomahawk of war. And lighting up the pipe of peace.

Please do not change the current blue moon logo for now. It is appealing enough to penetrate the Asian markets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Flaritos

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:08:18 PM

woa...

Good afternoon from Greece. Well, Mooncoin is a cryptocurrency with 2 official sites and 2 communities in Bitcointalk. We also saw this.  Smiley

Yes, the desire of some ppl to be in control of project which they do not started and do not understand is so strong  Smiley

Do you have any ongoing projects related to Mooncoin that the community should know about? All I see is bickering from both sides but no one demonstrates proof that projects are on going and actual progress being made. Only thing visible is a redundant argument about a logo.

I personally work on 2 Mooncoin based projects at the moment. Not ready to be announced yet. What about you newbie?

"Newbie" - you do not know me Midmir. I do not oppose you so do not try to belittle me for such a reason as having a new account on this forum. That means nothing. I have seen from previous posts that you employ an aggressive manner when dealing with discrepancies, be mature. I will say that I do oppose the creation of a board, I think that is utterly meaningless to the advancement of this coin. However, when every person is very hush about what "projects" they are working on, it creates sheer doubt. Also, lack of dev posts is very unsettling. I have seen from the Discord this AM that he stated "I may/may not have a public version of mooncoin 0.13 trial ready". Why is it that he only makes one mystique post? Why not provide consistent updates? Those are the questions that I wonder about, not something as trivial as a logo.

Do not catch at single word. It was not an insult attempt. I am aware that most of the newbies here are not actually new users.
I am not against anyone here. The reason sometimes I am talking emotionally is when the founding principles of Bitcoin and its derivatives like Mooncoin are purposefully undermined.

The logo is really trivial but the way it was enforced, same as the board, new "official" website, community relocation and so on is not ok.

I can't talk instead of the main dev Barrysty1e but we are very grateful for his contributions so far.

Ok, glad we are we clear. Everyone wants progress, that is a fact. I think if we could merge the two separate sources of Mooncoin community, it would be beneficial. Perhaps a Slack for all to join? Just a thought. I do not oppose the creation of a second website as whoever has made the original has ceased to update and refresh information, as well as aesthetic appearance. In your mind, what do you think should be done ASAP to progress this coin? We have been stagnant for far too long.

Thank you for asking. As I stated before instead of new exchanges I think we should take the Dogecoin approach - real generosity and real economy behind in terms of more and more services which accept Mooncoin.

As of the technical aspect I believe we do not need to implement masternodes and cpu mining algo. We need new retargeting algorithm though.

Mooncoin need to be embraced by the Asian markets/users. That is why we want to keep the current blue moon logo. We need to be united and with no vertical hierarchy in order to do so.

Unicode ticker:

Thank you,

I concur with the Dogecoin approach. But also believe it is imperative to get onto other exchanges (Bittrex, Polo, Asia). Regarding algo, James hopefully is correct in saying that he has a 0.13 trial version almost ready. This is crucial to Mooncoin progress. I also have wondered if we should hire some additional developers to assist James? I do not want James to be overloaded and feel the need to take a step back. But if he is committed to progressing in a reasonable timeframe, I support him. We should make active steps to infiltrate the Asian market. Logo does not bother me, use whatever logo you see fit. At the end of the day, a user buying Mooncoin, is buying Mooncoin, regardless of logo.

The logo often makes first impression. As we know the moon is big thing in Asia. The chinnese calendar is based on the moon phases. And this M logo simply does not comply.

The big exchanges are all aware of Mooncoin. They will add it without we asking once the volume on the current exchanges grow. This will happen when the demand rise. It will rise if not based as currently only on trade speculations but when there are real cases when Mooncoin can be used.

@Jasperrr, the slow transactions have nothing to do with the mining algo but as I initially stated - the retargeting algo.
Do not feel obliged to always contrary replay me.

Mooncoin_Foundation said it more than clear above: "However, if people just discuss the future of MOON and say about the importance of decentralisation, it's not pure fighting,
it's an important topic and the future of Mooncoin (and its price) will depend on how well the community understands the idea. "

We do not need any corporate entity behind and any VC money. There are other types of projects which go this way.
You can consider those as private cryptocurrencies, not much different from the fiat.
Mooncoin simply is not one of them.
Same as crypto world don't have only POW consensus algo but also POS, dPOW etc.

You do not need to form vertical (pyramidal) structures in order to help Mooncoin further grow and development.
We don't need titles, we need good consensus and flat, decentralized structure.

Ok, so I see that we must get in contact with Asian markets ASAP. Could lead to decent price increase. These projects related to Moon you say are in development - how far along are they? We could use some good new projects that could help advance Mooncoin. Other than that, it seems we must wait for James to become active again and begin updating. I still have faith in the community, albeit for now. We must stand as one, preach progress, not division. Put aside trivial issues of the past, onwards.

If we hit Asian exchange 20sats per MOON is nothing.
Look for example at Earthcoin. 99% of their $2mil per 24h volume comes from China.
That is why I was looking for native chinese/japanese/korean speaking users.
I believe there are such here reading but they are just watching us fighting ...

So I am officially burring the tomahawk of war. And lighting up the pipe of peace.

Please do not change the current blue moon logo for now. It is appealing enough to penetrate the Asian markets.

Do you have any specific Asian markets in mind? How may we contact them? Let us be diligent in our efforts to propel Moon.
jetxm

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:59:13 AM

Now, one of the projects that I'm working on is an Electron wallet that allows us more freedom regarding design; than QT wallets.

Thanks to tdinan1, we now have a mock-up design for the wallet. This is the first sketch and it is still being worked on but we would love to get your feedback. This would help us a lot with tuning the skin to everyone's liking. Also, in the future, a skin system will be implanted so you can easily add/update/change skins. The first release will, however, come with just a basic skin set.

https://i.imgur.com/MTY4HqZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4EWfjnY.jpg

looks great i like the blue color skin
polemarhos888

Activity: 499
Merit: 250

To The Moon !

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:52:55 AM

woa...

Unicode ticker:

Thank you,

Good morning from Greece ! I agree with you 100 %. I have said the same things in the past. So, we can make Mooncoin a briliant cryptocurrency, with 2 things only: a)Completion of development works (algo, new wallet, fix of Moonrush) and b) Promotion, promotion, promotion...! Smiley

sungjunelee

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:37:06 AM

woa...

Unicode ticker:

Thank you,

Good morning from Greece ! I agree with you 100 %. I have said the same things in the past. So, we can make Mooncoin a briliant cryptocurrency, with 2 things only: a)Completion of development works (algo, new wallet, fix of Moonrush) and b) Promotion, promotion, promotion...! Smiley

Hi guys Im korean

In my opinion, the logo doesn't matter.
I think we need a white paper and a detailed road map.
And I think we need a web site in their language.

New logo is good Smiley old logo is good  Smiley

But I think that two Web sites and three logo are confusing to many people.

Many people talk about it...
What is the real? Mooncoin.eco? Mooncoin.com? Bluemoon? M logo?

I think we need integration.

midmir

Activity: 159

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 11:37:59 AM

Hi guys Im korean

Hi and welcome sungjunelee!

I agree with you.

Coinone, Korbit and Bithumb are the korean exchanges we should contact in order to get listed. Others too.
Flaritos

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 02:38:50 PM

Hi guys Im korean

Hi and welcome sungjunelee!

I agree with you.

Coinone, Korbit and Bithumb are the korean exchanges we should contact in order to get listed. Others too.

Let us take action to get in contact with those exchanges. People from here contact them as well as Discord - all efforts are needed. Progress is on the horizon, make haste.
Flaritos

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:00:38 PM

Mooncoin is currently in the Livecoin vote. New exchange would be good for Mooncoin. Participate if you can.

https://www.livecoin.net/voting/index?vote=Mooncoin
Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:17:04 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2017, 02:06:31 AM by Bitbobb

Hi guys Im korean

New logo is good Smiley old logo is good  Smiley

[/quote]

This is a good suggestion IMO.  All non .com websites should link up to the one main .com website as a 301 redirect link.   The owners of the different websites should work together to merge content onto the .com and then 301 redirect link their sites to the .com site..

at the top of the website there should be different buttons to click to select different languages.  In this way all languages can be on the .com website so all can read about mooncoin without confusion..

sungjunelee

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:18:57 PM

Mooncoin is currently in the Livecoin vote. New exchange would be good for Mooncoin. Participate if you can.

https://www.livecoin.net/voting/index?vote=Mooncoin

Yeah it is 386voted now!
Flaritos

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:11:58 PM

Hi guys Im korean

This is a good suggestion IMO.  All non .com websites should link up to the one main .com website as a 403 link.   The owners of the different websites should work together to merge content onto the .com and then 403 link their sites to the .com site..

at the top of the website there should be different buttons to click to select different languages.  In this way all languages can be on the .com website so all can read about mooncoin without confusion..
[/quote]

Yes, too many websites is not good, even for decentralization. I have looked at the various one - the .eco website has a much better overall aesthetic than the .com. Who owns both the .eco and the .com? Can we transition the .com site to have a look like the .eco? Per the logo - maybe find a way to combine both the blue moon as well as the M. I do like both logos, combination would be optimal, suit all tastes.
altay76

Activity: 206
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:19:57 PM

I lost my moon confidence now
There has been turmoil lately every time a voice comes out who develops nothing is not clear
altay76

Activity: 206
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:21:38 PM

First mobile wallet should be done to get more people access to 1 site must download the wallet through the site
Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:23:45 PM

edit* 301 redirect not 403 sorry about that!

Flaritos

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:27:58 PM

I lost my moon confidence now
There has been turmoil lately every time a voice comes out who develops nothing is not clear

Agree that confidence is low but not lost. Turmoil seems to have ceased, a common goal is evident - success for Moon. We need James back for some updates and get more projects rolling.
Languett89

Activity: 80
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:59:20 PM

Hello, I am very interested in mining mooncoin, it is PoW right? What would be the best pool to go to in your opinions?
Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:09:35 PM

Hello, I am very interested in mining mooncoin, it is PoW right? What would be the best pool to go to in your opinions?

Yes it is POW

Here are the pools mentioned in the OP of this ANN:

■  http://moonrush.org
                                               ■  http://aikapool.com
                                               ■  http://multipool.us
                                               ■  https://hash-to-coins.com
                                               ■  http://5.45.105.66:9664
                                               ■  http://mining.securepayment.cc
                                               ■  www.mining-dutch.nl
                                               ■  http://coincave.nl

OP means original post

ANN means announcement. 

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 09:07:22 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2017, 09:37:19 PM by Mooncoin_Foundation

Hi guys Im korean

Please have a look at
http://mooncoin.com/mooncoin-ko.html (Korean)

Also for Chinese and Japanese users:
Chinese translation: http://mooncoin.com/mooncoin-zh.html
Japanese translation: http://mooncoin.com/mooncoin-jp.html

Sentti

Activity: 203

BITG & CHX & FTX Community

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:20:14 AM

Absolutely we have to go to Korean exchanges: you guys even have a president with a perfect name!

Moon Jae-in

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Jae-in

We have already Trumpcoin and Putincoin, but we have Mooncoin also. :-)

*SORA*

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:41:56 AM

Don't recommend to use whatever the translator you have used... Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: