Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:26:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317674 times)
coinflow
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:21:44 AM

1. Why does Mooncoin need a new logo at all? I have not read a single really valid reason.
2. Since when has been Discord - or whatever it is called - an official outlet of information for MOON? It seems a group of newbies tries to pull the interest over to that channel. For whatever reason, we don't know.
3. It seems that Discord needs a registration only to read. A no-go, to be accepted as an official source of information.
4. It looks like a small group of MOON-newbies is trying to see a "logo-contest" as what is needed for MOON "to survive". Think about what really can be done for MOON, instead of that logo-kindergarten.

In my opinion the original MOON-logo created by deaconboogie is the one and only logo that is needed, which may be optimized slightly, OK, but not now. Regarding this, I'm of the same opinion as another long-term contributor: agswinner. Other serious long-term supporters have expressed their opinion about this needless logo-rave also. There are really more important things to do, than a new logo.

Whether you are a long term supporter or short term supporter does not matter at all. Your opinion is not weighted on such. Neither
does the amount of MOON you may or may not have. You are the few who keep repeating that you like the logo and don't want change
but don't understand the huge amount of people who already voiced their desire for the original logo contest to even happen.

Here's what I don't understand about you guys... you don't really have a clue how many Mooninites there are on the Discord, yet
you constantly paint the group like there's just a few of us and that we're 'amateurs' or 'newbies'. Are you aware that Evangelo and Barry are
both on the Discord and support this movement? And that they've both been on there since shortly after its conception?

To vote here you also have to sign up with an email. It's the same bloody thing. Join the Discord. Talk with the people there who
are actually doing something. Get a clue.

How to get a clue/information without registering? If a registration is needed only to read, it is an irrelevant channel, because the broad public won't read it anyway.

The 'broad public' isn't what the channel is for; it's for active Mooncoin holders and enthusiasts. Only a few thousand of us! So not so bad after all.

So Discord is more an exclusive club, than the real Mooncoin-community?
Any reason why Bitcointalk-users are more inactive users or less valuable holders?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jasperrr

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:22:09 AM

Can you pop onto the Discord for just a second to see the channel for yourself and how it's laid out?
We're not voting on a just one or two things, it will be many submissions.

It should help to show how organized and simple it is. We've disabled commenting in the poll channel,
and only designers can post their submissions. All we have to do is add voting reactions once the deadline
is up and count them once the voting period is over. Simple!

In the case of one logo submission last time, the votes went up 60+ just hours before the voting period was over.
We were able to see via the logs that is was a botnet that submitted all those votes which made removing
them and getting an *accurate* count an easy matter.

Please understand that until you see it for yourself, you can't understand why we are adamant on using
the Discord for all important voting matters until something better comes along.

I see Discord works best for the convenience with accuracy.  I got it. 

If that's the decision, then o well.  Just wonder how many % of Mooncoin holders / soon-to-be-Mooncoin-holders are using Discord channel...

It's kinda sad that can't see the designs created, but I will be seeing the winner design when decided.  Wink

Why not join the Discord server so you can check out the designs?
https://discord.gg/Qx54TMU

Why "join" only to read/see?
You don't have to just read/see, you can post as well.

That is not the question.
The question is, why should one register only to read?

Bitcointalk works well, even polls are possible.
You should register to read, if you are interested in reading about the activities and projects of the Discord community. If you aren't interested, then you should indeed not register lol.
Jasperrr

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:24:28 AM

1. Why does Mooncoin need a new logo at all? I have not read a single really valid reason.
2. Since when has been Discord - or whatever it is called - an official outlet of information for MOON? It seems a group of newbies tries to pull the interest over to that channel. For whatever reason, we don't know.
3. It seems that Discord needs a registration only to read. A no-go, to be accepted as an official source of information.
4. It looks like a small group of MOON-newbies is trying to see a "logo-contest" as what is needed for MOON "to survive". Think about what really can be done for MOON, instead of that logo-kindergarten.

In my opinion the original MOON-logo created by deaconboogie is the one and only logo that is needed, which may be optimized slightly, OK, but not now. Regarding this, I'm of the same opinion as another long-term contributor: agswinner. Other serious long-term supporters have expressed their opinion about this needless logo-rave also. There are really more important things to do, than a new logo.

Whether you are a long term supporter or short term supporter does not matter at all. Your opinion is not weighted on such. Neither
does the amount of MOON you may or may not have. You are the few who keep repeating that you like the logo and don't want change
but don't understand the huge amount of people who already voiced their desire for the original logo contest to even happen.

Here's what I don't understand about you guys... you don't really have a clue how many Mooninites there are on the Discord, yet
you constantly paint the group like there's just a few of us and that we're 'amateurs' or 'newbies'. Are you aware that Evangelo and Barry are
both on the Discord and support this movement? And that they've both been on there since shortly after its conception?

To vote here you also have to sign up with an email. It's the same bloody thing. Join the Discord. Talk with the people there who

How to get a clue/information without registering? If a registration is needed only to read, it is an irrelevant channel, because the broad public won't read it anyway.

The 'broad public' isn't what the channel is for; it's for active Mooncoin holders and enthusiasts. Only a few thousand of us! So not so bad after all.

Any reason why Bitcointalk-users are more inactive users or less valuable holders?
Nope, not an exclusive club. It's free to join for everyone, check out the invite link I posted earlier on. The invite link is also on the Reddit and twitter. As well as on moonchan.org and the upcoming mooncoin.eco. It is also in the ANN.

Nobody is attaching any kind of value to the BCT or Discord users.
Littlestan

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:25:04 AM

INCLUSIVE. Because anyone interested in Mooncoin can join in the same way they can join the ANN.

You can keep making a mountain out of a molehill, I've got all night to respond to you. OR join the channel and SEE.

I don't know the reason why Bitcointalk users are more inactive. I certainly never suggested they were less valuable.
What I DID say is that they, including me or anyone else on the Discord or anywhere else, are equal.
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:27:24 AM

Can you pop onto the Discord for just a second to see the channel for yourself and how it's laid out?

It should help to show how organized and simple it is. We've disabled commenting in the poll channel,
and only designers can post their submissions. All we have to do is add voting reactions once the deadline

In the case of one logo submission last time, the votes went up 60+ just hours before the voting period was over.
We were able to see via the logs that is was a botnet that submitted all those votes which made removing

Please understand that until you see it for yourself, you can't understand why we are adamant on using
the Discord for all important voting matters until something better comes along.

I see Discord works best for the convenience with accuracy.  I got it. 

If that's the decision, then o well.  Just wonder how many % of Mooncoin holders / soon-to-be-Mooncoin-holders are using Discord channel...

It's kinda sad that can't see the designs created, but I will be seeing the winner design when decided.  Wink

You'd like to open a couple dozen item voting poll on an open forum where nobody needs to register to vote?
Since when you can vote a poll on Bitcointalk without registering first?

How exactly do you think that will go? Why exactly are you so determined to not click a Discord link and take 10 seconds
to see for yourself?

Why be forced to register on another platform?

Jasperrr

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:30:28 AM

How exactly do you think that will go? Why exactly are you so determined to not click a Discord link and take 10 seconds
to see for yourself?

Nobody is forcing you lol. It's your own choice to join the Discord community.
Littlestan

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:31:42 AM

I see Discord works best for the convenience with accuracy.  I got it.  

If that's the decision, then o well.  Just wonder how many % of Mooncoin holders / soon-to-be-Mooncoin-holders are using Discord channel...

It's kinda sad that can't see the designs created, but I will be seeing the winner design when decided.  Wink

You'd like to open a couple dozen item voting poll on an open forum where nobody needs to register to vote?

to see for yourself?

I thought you were suggesting people don't have to sign up on BCT to vote?

Again, there a huge amount of ease of use factors you aren't considering over using the forum for a voting platform
versus the Discord. You might know that if you were actually ON the Discord. We aren't saying this just for the hell of it.

This conversation we're having is a PERFECT example of what is done better on the Discord... this is cumbersome as fuck.
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:33:44 AM

INCLUSIVE. Because anyone interested in Mooncoin can join in the same way they can join the ANN.

You can keep making a mountain out of a molehill, I've got all night to respond to you. OR join the channel and SEE.

I don't know the reason why Bitcointalk users are more inactive. I certainly never suggested they were less valuable.
What I DID say is that they, including me or anyone else on the Discord or anywhere else, are equal.

You mean, anyone interested in Discord.

Until you have opened your Discord-channel, everything Mooncoin has been discussed here on Bitcointalk. Discord may be one other channel, but it is not THE channel.

Bitcointalk-users are NOT more inactive, even if you seem to transport this. Maybe they are working more in the background and you don't see it, because they do not call for some useless logo-contest every week.

Littlestan

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:37:43 AM

Until you have opened your Discord-channel, everything Mooncoin has been discussed here on Bitcointalk. Discord may be one other channel, but it is not THE channel.

Bitcointalk-users are NOT more inactive, even if you seem to transport this. Maybe they are working more in the background and you don't see it, because they do not call for some useless logo-contest every week.

coinflow, if you think a logo contest is the only thing that's come out of the Discord, chances are we don't want you there anyways, so it's
best that you stick to the ANN. That's an impressive amount of willful ignorance you're displaying.

And yes, they ARE more inactive compared to the MOUNTAIN of things we've accomplished in the Discord in the last month.
Jasperrr

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:40:54 AM

Bitcointalk is not THE channel either. Look at what the starter of this community, MOONCOIN_FOUNDATION, is saying. This is a decentralized coin where no single place if the official channel.

The Discord gets hundreds times as many messages a day as this ANN and there are a lot of projects being worked on. Like I told you before, there are a lot of good projects coming from there. But you ignored that message. You're trying to manipulate this entire discussion. Stop the fudding man. You are harming Mooncoin.
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:43:06 AM

If that's the decision, then o well.  Just wonder how many % of Mooncoin holders / soon-to-be-Mooncoin-holders are using Discord channel...

It's kinda sad that can't see the designs created, but I will be seeing the winner design when decided.  Wink

to see for yourself?

Again, there a huge amount of ease of use factors you aren't considering over using the forum for a voting platform
versus the Discord. You might know that if you were actually ON the Discord. We aren't saying this just for the hell of it.

This conversation we're having is a PERFECT example of what is done better on the Discord... this is cumbersome as fuck.

It's only what you make it.
Maybe Discord-users have all day for discussions about rather unimportant topics. Me not. I'll be out, since I have expressed my opinion and I'm confident, that people who care will draw the right conclusions.

Jasperrr

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:46:07 AM

to see for yourself?

Maybe Discord-users have all day for discussions about rather unimportant topics. Me not. I'll be out, since I have expressed my opinion and I'm confident, that people who care will draw the right conclusions.
You keep insulting the Discord users and keep coming up with fake information. You are also ignoring all the posts explaining the actual facts about the discord. Way to go.
Littlestan

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:50:49 AM

to see for yourself?

Pay attention ANN users; reverting to assuming negative things you can't know anything about (because he's not on the Discord
and knows nothing of its happenings) is classic troll misdirection. Make shit up when logic doesn't work! *slowclap*
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:56:03 AM

Bitcointalk is not THE channel either. Look at what the starter of this community, MOONCOIN_FOUNDATION, is saying. This is a decentralized coin where no single place if the official channel.

The Discord gets hundreds times as many messages a day as this ANN and there are a lot of projects being worked on. Like I told you before, there are a lot of good projects coming from there. But you ignored that message. You're trying to manipulate this entire discussion. Stop the fudding man. You are harming Mooncoin.

I'm fudding and harming Mooncoin? LOL.  Please get into the history of Mooncoin first, before making such kind of postings.
As for the hundreds of thousands of messages a day on Discord: I never knew that quantity is better than quality. Must be a new principle.

Regarding the "no single place is the official channel": At least the most respected Mooncoin-channel for years and readable without registration should be considered the most official channel. I think we all can agree to this.

And now, I'm out, as said. Let's see what happens.

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:58:38 AM

to see for yourself?

Pay attention ANN users; reverting to assuming negative things you can't know anything about (because he's not on the Discord
and knows nothing of its happenings) is classic troll misdirection. Make shit up when logic doesn't work! *slowclap*

I'm excited to hear what other well-respected community-members for years think about this above posting.
Sorry, had to answer this. Over and out.

Littlestan

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:01:39 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2017, 01:31:03 AM by Littlestan

Mooncoin Discord has:

- Became a main point of communication for both Evangelo and barrysty1e in coordinating things such as
helping test newly developed algos, setting up various new initiatives (will list here), and coming up with different ideas and projects
that have so far only helped to further speed up and develop MOON in a positive direction.

- Started the MCF: Mooncoin Community Fund. The initial funding of the MCF (10 million MOON) was provided by me and since then, many other people
have donated further to it. Fund address located here for anyone wanting to check it out: 2LpMRkRjM6VQnttqB6X3L77tNZATx6Fzar
This has so far been used to compensate the latest Logo and Mascot designer winner (a single designer won both categories), tip for some bot
development in the Discord and will very soon be used for other things such as:

-- Setting up a MOON pool for a developing video game company who will very likely be using Mooncoin as their in-game currency!
-- Paying for a Apple development license for producing MOON based apps and games that can be made available on the Play Store and Apple Store!
-- Recurring advertisement for MOON as well as the production of informative videos and informational sites and articles.
-- Translation work for all the things mentioned that would be necessary.

- The Discord group has also been very active in social media; creating a new blog page with relevant, up to date information on the
happenings of MOON (available here: http://moonchan.org) tweeting our faces off to all exchanges and other relevant sites and people to garner further
attention, getting contacts together for further investing and project opportunities, etc.

- Initiated and gained control of the main subreddit r/mooncoin, which has not seen active moderators in over 2 years. 2 YEARS. Also started an
active Twitter account for Mooncoin. Which now has over 1k subscribers, in just a few weeks time.

- Developed a new Mooncoin website (http://www.mooncoin.eco) due to the current website (http://www.mooncoin.com) owner
being unwilling to update to current information.

- Started a Mooncoin Steam gaming group!

- Created a Master Job List of all who are working towards moving Mooncoin forward. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OFeDkyvkkzeaLCTCbACn2CuDXkQp0LFkvxzdFTdVQn8/edit?usp=sharing (please contact someone here in the ANN or on the Discord if you'd like to help out!)

AND MORE!

All 'rather unimportant topics', right coinflow?
Jasperrr

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:02:35 AM

I'm fudding and harming Mooncoin? LOL.  Please get into the history of Mooncoin first, before making such kind of postings.
As for the hundreds of thousands of messages a day on Discord: I never knew that quantity is better than quality. Must be a new principle.

Regarding the "no single place is the official channel": At least the most respected Mooncoin-channel for years and readable without registration should be considered the most official channel. I think we all can agree to this.

You are intentionally starting an uproar based on lies. Yes, that is harmful when outsiders see these messages.

Again you're only picking out certain aspects of the story. We have proven that we have quality. We personally got a deal with a big gaming studio, we got a tibia server to being set up, we got an upcoming moonstore, mooncasino and we are the ones testing out the new algo. So our quality is definitely better at the moment.

No, we all agreed on not having an official channel as we are decentralized. The Discord community, however, does have an official website where updates on major achievements of the community are being posted. So no, you don't need to register for the Discord to read their updates. Stop spreading the false information.
Jasperrr

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:03:41 AM

I'm excited to hear what other well-respected community-members for years think about this above posting.
Sorry, had to answer this. Over and out.
Again, the coin is decentralized at the moment. Everyone has equal voting rights. Old community members do not have more rights than newer community members.
Littlestan

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:05:32 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2017, 01:39:31 AM by Littlestan

You're what is referred to as a 'dinosaur'; unable or unwilling to adapt or change when something different happens.

Join the Discord or not, this vote is happening, and when the majority speak and are subsequently ignored by the few of you
who think you own and control Mooncoin simply because you've been around longest, it's going to be a sad day for you.
Littlestan

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:09:44 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 12:33:48 AM by Littlestan

Reposting for clarity:

The new logo contest poll has now been posted in the #moon_polls channel on the Discord.

Those wishing to submit their logos please do so within 7 days before the deadline is up.
Voting will then occur over 3 days. Please take a few minutes to register with the Discord
ASAP in order to view the submissions and eventually vote. Link here: https://discord.gg/Hhbmdjd

- If you CHOOSE not to vote, you have no recourse... you have ZERO right to complain.

- If you MISS the contest entirely, you have ZERO right to complain as it means you were
not active for 10 days in the Community; only in an extreme case would someone be without
the Internet for such a period of time. The contest will be posted in every single social media
outlet we have available to us.

- If you dislike, hate, or generally disagree with this logo contest, that is fine and your opinion
is valid. The vote will show what the Community wants.

In other words... if all you do is hold MOON and only show your face to complain or bitch about things
rather than join the Community in the many different ways available to you to engage in conversation,
project brainstorming or offer help with your specific talents, then you have ZERO right to complain.

DO SOMETHING. BE ACTIVE. GET INVOLVED. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: